Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 165350 times)

Offline Findecanor

Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #850 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 05:43:20 »
Why hasn't he yet screwed up so royally that the only possible outcome would be impeachment?
I know he has neglected a lot of issues because of incompetence, but people seldom react to such things.

I had expected that he would have been under massive fire about now.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #851 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 06:13:43 »
Why hasn't he yet screwed up so royally that the only possible outcome would be impeachment?
I know he has neglected a lot of issues because of incompetence, but people seldom react to such things.

I had expected that he would have been under massive fire about now.
Fake news FTW :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 06:42:12 »
So it's been almost a year now, how does everyone think it's going?

The dam is about to break. The cracks are widening.

I think that they are just keeping him around in expectation of getting his signature on whatever anti-consumer legislation they can pass in the near term. Once his usefulness has waned, he will be quickly discarded. They know that he would be toxic in the next election cycle.

My guess is that using the 25th Amendment will be selected as less inflaming to his supporters than impeachment.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #853 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 07:21:45 »
Oh look it's this thread again.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dante

« Reply #854 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:13:30 »
So it's been almost a year now, how does everyone think it's going?

My gut tells me the United States was bought and paid for a long, long time ago.

The purpose of the stooges in office are to keep the bulls eye off the real owners of the land.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 13:00:32 »
IIRC I've never seen or read of any news coverage about someone throwing miniature flags at a President. So, that's a thing now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41739249/trump-is-treason-protester-throws-russian-flags-at-president

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #856 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 21:03:01 »
I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #857 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 21:24:35 »
I think's he's doing a good job..

Trump is great for America..

It's getting greater and greater..

Lots of things getting done..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #858 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 06:03:39 »

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #859 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:57:19 »

+1

Trump is the best president since Abraham Lincoln (Republican).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #860 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:46:33 »

+1

Trump is the best president since Abraham Lincoln (Republican).

Keep this thread alive..

4 m0ar years. !!!!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #861 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 11:55:53 »
dang

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #862 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:00:55 »

this would actually be good for the country ultimately, I think it would strike fear in the gilded billionaires and corrupt corporations who are getting far too brazen and blatant in their illegal activities

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #863 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:03:44 »
I think it's the most entertaining politics has been for me and I'm from the US.

I think if Trump were truly heinous he would've been outed already, almost everyone left of right hates the dude's guts. Not impeachment-wise, more than just name-calling. Something substantial.

The media has been flexing on him hard, same with the entire West Coast it seems(companies and people alike). It's truly interesting to sit back and see the influence of the media and the entertainment industry and witness ferocity at which those giants can spread an idea. But we also see how it's a double-edged sword where if you jack it up, you stand to lose credibility like many organizations. It also shows you what those in power think of people and how easily they think we might be influenced. I mean, c'mon comedians telling me what to think? Who do they think they are? George Carlin? lol.

I think it's also incredibly interesting to see the typical political complex suspension that's usually whirling around, ever mixing; finally stop and settle so we can see the different layers of sediment and where they stand.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing their side; no harm, no foul. I'm registered as No Party. I just haven't seen anything from the Left that I agree with lately, aside from decriminalization. However, Trump said that his stance was to leave it to the States, which I am okay with also.

...That's if all this is legit. Like there are no old world powers that be, and supposing we (The average Joe)aren't pissing away our hopes for better lives.

Both sides have their conspiracies, I'm sure he has crazy dirt on people tbh, if there are actually two sides. That dude is waaaaay higher up on the food chain than Hillary. (Forbes says Trump has 3b, Hillary has 45m publically).

I do like his stance on human-trafficking. 1,500+ arrests.

I generally try to stay away from this stuff mostly, its extremely toxic usually.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #864 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:05:53 »

this would actually be good for the country ultimately, I think it would strike fear in the gilded billionaires and corrupt corporations who are getting far too brazen and blatant in their illegal activities

I doubt it, we'd have to raze everything for it to make a difference to them. They're a hydra. All greed, if one of them dies that means someone can move in on his turf.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #865 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:08:59 »
I think it's the most entertaining politics has been for me and I'm from the US.
Politics Is Not Supposed To Be Entertaining !

The purpose of the stooges in office are to keep the bulls eye off the real owners of the land.
Indeed.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #866 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:18:58 »

I think if Trump were truly heinous he would've been outed already, almost everyone left of right hates the dude's guts. Not impeachment-wise, more than just name-calling. Something substantial.

The media has been flexing on him hard, same with the entire West Coast it seems(companies and people alike). It's truly interesting to sit back and see the influence of the media and the entertainment industry and witness ferocity at which those giants can spread an idea. But we also see how it's a double-edged sword where if you jack it up, you stand to lose credibility like many organizations. It also shows you what those in power think of people and how easily they think we might be influenced. I mean, c'mon comedians telling me what to think? Who do they think they are? George Carlin? lol.

I think it's also incredibly interesting to see the typical political complex suspension that's usually whirling around, ever mixing; finally stop and settle so we can see the different layers of sediment and where they stand.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing their side; no harm, no foul. I'm registered as No Party. I just haven't seen anything from the Left that I agree with lately, aside from decriminalization. However, Trump said that his stance was to leave it to the States, which I am okay with also.

...That's if all this is legit. Like there are no old world powers that be, and supposing we (The average Joe)aren't pissing away our hopes for better lives.

Both sides have their conspiracies, I'm sure he has crazy dirt on people tbh, if there are actually two sides. That dude is waaaaay higher up on the food chain than Hillary. (Forbes says Trump has 3b, Hillary has 45m publically).

I do like his stance on human-trafficking. 1,500+ arrests.

I generally try to stay away from this stuff mostly, its extremely toxic usually.

That's the point a lot of people are missing on Trump and why you either love him or hate him. He's exposing a system that's been in place and ruffling feathers that need to be ruffled to progress as a society (especially in the white house). Lots of Americans have a cover over their eyes with media outlets until this last year. The problem is a lot of Americans can't handle that...they want to "feel good"..

The left wants to focus on racism and keep it relevant because without it, they have less (if any) of an agenda. You're talking to someone who grew up in arguably the most liberal area of the United States and I've heard it all but nothing that ever moves society in a progressive direction.

I agree with what you said, very well put.

Trump is horrible with words, but actions are louder than words.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #867 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:23:35 »
But he's exposing a corrupt system by being openly corrupt himself. That's like showing a building's not up to fire code by setting it on fire.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #868 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:23:52 »
Politics Is Not Supposed To Be Entertaining !

Indeed.

What else can it be right now? They're doing a good as hell job at juggling the balls for everyone to gawk at.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #869 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:32:45 »
But he's exposing a corrupt system by being openly corrupt himself. That's like showing a building's not up to fire code by setting it on fire.

Tbh, I prefer that than the status quo if we're using your analogy.

I'm interested in your "openly corrupt" statement, do you have any recommended reading off the top of your head?

I found this https://corrupt.af/

Lots of info, however I do not trust the sources.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #871 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 13:52:22 »

do you have any recommended reading off the top of your head?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/opinion/trumps-scandals-a-list.html

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-investigation-suspects-mueller-693149

Thank you

Now, those articles cite some of the places that I find disreputable, however my perception if all that is true is that a crooked man keeps crooked company. In that same breath one would still be able to say "Innocent until proven guilty.". If we are going off of limited evidence both candidates' heads should've rolled.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves though, is that underneath all of this stuff isn't a left vs right kind of argument. It's us vs them. Anyone of those people up top has probably done something illegal on their path up, but no one ever pays their tab

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #872 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 14:18:56 »

Tbh, I prefer that than the status quo if we're using your analogy.

But there are real people getting hurt currently.  And a lot of it has to do with 'burning down the house'.  Maybe we should call him Nero.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #873 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 14:25:44 »
Trump is not any MORE or LESS corrupt than any other government member..

People have to stop operating under the belief that the Government is for the people.

The government is the FARMER,  the people are the HENS..

They all have their own different agendas,  today this group gets ahead, tomorrow another.

If you're displeased with being a hen,  then Aim to be a People-Farmer,  Try to get elected, MAYBE you'd do some good.

But I highly doubt it,  once you get consorted with all the Hookers and Blow they do in washington, you'd be like any other politician..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 14:59:56 »
tp, that is ****ing retarded

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:02:57 »
tp, that is ****ing retarded

Think on the relationship you have with your own manager/ boss, every chance he gets, he exploits you and pimps you for your time.   Then look at the relationship between him and HIS boss.

This goes ALL THE WAY to the top..

And who's at the bottom,  us,  the Proletariat.

The government is the Farmer, and We are the Hens.. 

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 18:16:55 »
hohoho, looks like the first indictment is going out Monday yet haven't revealed who it is. Both sides are saying it's the other lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #877 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 18:35:43 »
hohoho, looks like the first indictment is going out Monday yet haven't revealed who it is. Both sides are saying it's the other lol

My guess is,  Someone did something really bad, up to and around 2016..   Then they needed a great big Diversion to clean up whatever it is they did,  so they put in a crazy wacky president to distract that public..

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #878 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:38:10 »
There's all kinds of bad **** going on all the time. It's like musical chairs lol. Whoever is caught slippin' pays the piper.

Do you have something specific in mind?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #879 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 06:28:41 »
I don't know. Everyone knows that they are all corrupt, It's just a matter of who slipped first. Both dems and the GOP have fishy ties with foreign govts. As for actual, provable corruption, charges are incredible hard to stick.

So for now, I would wager someone high in the GOP will fall, as all the Uranium One shtick is still relatively new and there is years of research ahead.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #880 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 11:36:16 »
If we are going off of limited evidence both candidates' heads should've rolled.

I honestly don't understand this argument. I don't like Hillary more than anyone else, but the fact of the matter is that she is not President of the United States right now.

Why should we be wasting time, that Trump is spending currently in office, investigating the losing candidate when there is a sitting President to investigate?

If everything comes up clean for Trump, guess what? We can still investigate Hillary and "the Dems" without having lost anything. Hillary holds no political office, any damage her supposed corruption could cause now is extremely limited. Trump, on the other hand...

The whole idea is a stall tactic; a diversion. Everyone likes to talk about "main stream media" pulling the wool over our eyes, when the President himself is trying to do it on a daily basis through baseless twitter rants.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #881 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:24:06 »
If we are going off of limited evidence both candidates' heads should've rolled.

I honestly don't understand this argument. I don't like Hillary more than anyone else, but the fact of the matter is that she is not President of the United States right now.

Why should we be wasting time, that Trump is spending currently in office, investigating the losing candidate when there is a sitting President to investigate?

If everything comes up clean for Trump, guess what? We can still investigate Hillary and "the Dems" without having lost anything. Hillary holds no political office, any damage her supposed corruption could cause now is extremely limited. Trump, on the other hand...

The whole idea is a stall tactic; a diversion. Everyone likes to talk about "main stream media" pulling the wool over our eyes, when the President himself is trying to do it on a daily basis through baseless twitter rants.

This is almost certainly a carefully crafted Diversion of what REALLY went down..

It's always like this,

When equifax went down,  they had their executives sell a small amount of stock..

WHY,  to draw attention AWAY from the real problem.,  The fact that these large data structures are fundamentally flawed and impossible to thoroughly protect.

Why are they now doing this Small potatoes housing scandal ,  this stuff is maybe 10-50 million,  small potatoes compared to the type of deals and political strife these guys are used to working with..

Offline dante

« Reply #882 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:39:08 »
It's essentially a great big soap opera: The Rothschilds/Soros/Hollywood/Media vs. Trump.

That said, the same long term game the ultra elites have played will continue now but just with a different approach.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #883 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:42:20 »
It's essentially a great big soap opera: The Rothschilds/Soros/Hollywood/Media vs. Trump.

That said, the same long term game the ultra elites have played will continue now but just with a different approach.

THERE IS ONLY the Rothchilds in the western world..

No other real opponents exist.   except the Chinese.. and the Germans (who are really bitter about ww2)

You can count the russians too,   but they're more in the corner, and bein' like..  Guys, it's too cold to be fighting.. I'mma go get drunk ,  screw you guys , I'm going home..

Then there's the saudis,  and they're like,  it's going to happen guys,  I'mma convert oil into WATER.. watch me do it..   Come on  desert, wh00t wh00t..

Again, never gonna happen..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #884 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:49:17 »
Woo, slowly working their way up the chain of corruption.

I always wanted to see Trump just assassinated by some crazy, but now I'm thinking it would be far more cathartic to see him keep denying allegations, get impeached, then refuse to step down and instead deny and fight it, then go to prison for treason. Seeing Trump in an orange jumpsuit would be so damn satisfying.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #885 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:54:04 »

I always wanted to see Trump just assassinated by some crazy, but now I'm thinking it would be far more cathartic to see him keep denying allegations, get impeached, then refuse to step down and instead deny and fight it, then go to prison for treason. Seeing Trump in an orange jumpsuit would be so damn satisfying.

That is not how it works. hahahaha

You know what brought Bill Clinton down ?   FEMINISM..

If this was the 50s-80s,   B Clinton'd get a High-Five and a RAISE, and Elected to a 3rd term perhaps..

But you see,  TRUMP is immune to Feminism,  That's why he's such a good president, He'll get away with ANYTHING..  And they'll let him do it.

WHY?    Because it's Tremendously Embarrassing for a country's Leader to be caught in wrong doing.

EVEN if Trump went crazy committed a capital offense,   They'll find a fall guy for it..

Offline dante

« Reply #886 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:03:00 »

What treason do you speak of?

Corruption?  Are you new to this planet?  All politicians are corrupt!

You must be a $25 per hour protester.  Say hi Soros for me.

Anywho.

"BUT.... BUT.... BUT.... RUSSIA!" (as they wipe the rabid saliva off their mouthes)

As if the United States never invaded other countries and installed their own puppets.

Give me a break.

You want something that would have shocked everyone?  Imagine if you will during the last election that Putin was an option on the ballot.

Just hear me out.

Would he have won?  NO.  But many would been very surprised by how many votes he would have received; and he wouldn't have needed hackers to get that number.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #887 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:18:51 »
That thought kind of opens up an image in my head of people voting ironically. I'm sure ironic voting is actually a thing but probably hard to quantify

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #888 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:22:51 »
That thought kind of opens up an image in my head of people voting ironically. I'm sure ironic voting is actually a thing but probably hard to quantify

It's only a miniscule percentage.

It would require the person's input to vote (showing up cost) to be minimal.

For example, a young teacher who works at the school where the booths are setup in the gym that day..

If a person has to cross any large distance to vote, more than 1 block radius,   then those who show up will have some purposed political agenda,   Otherwise, why get out of bed.

People who get out of bed to be sarcastic are on reddit and geekhack..  they wouldn't drive all the way down to the booth just to be sarcastic.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #889 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:24:24 »

You're either purposefully forgetting momentum, or disregarding it all together.

There are swathes of people who want to see her in jail, and I'm sure he got some votes simply for saying so. As well as I'm sure the entire country of Haiti is hoping so as well. We live in one of the most outspoken ages, even regular Joes across the globe are interested.

This is simply follow through. Which, honestly I like.

Tptb imo are hoping this will be swept under the rug; the sooner this disappears from the spot light, the quicker they can go back to being crooks.

As far as Trump's stuff is concerned, it would have already been game over if there was anything that would stick. People ****ing hate Trump. People with lots of power, people with no power; doesn't matter-
 absolutely disgusted with this man. The fight against him is ongoing. If there were a thread to yank on his sweater, they would've. And the PR resources pointed towards this guy is INSANE. INSANE. So instead of telling you what he has done wrong, they want you to FEEL like he has done wrong in the least. There can be no discernment that the media is straight up trying to manipulate the country into being against this guy. And for good reason.

I already mentioned the 1500+ pedo arrests. You think Harvey Weinstein would've gotten outed if Hillary were Chief? I don't think so. Not because she loves pedos, but because she represents the status quo, woman or not. And we all know pedos and sexual deviants are a protected class among America's Aristocrazy. When ya swish some dirt from the right place around in a pan, sometimes you find a little gold. But ya gotta get the dirt first.

So I think that has something to do with why I think the Clinton investigation is more relevant. Not being Prez didn't stop them from abusing her influence. That family is powerful, no mistake about it.

Trump tweeting is fantastic. I don't participate in twitter, however I do get glance when something pops up on radar. I've met lots of people who feel like it's unpresidential and have shown indignation at the thought of one of the most powerful people in the world tweeting, of all things.

Twitter has 330 million users this quarter. I'd go so far as to say that it humanizes this guy in that he's utilizing one of the most popular forms of social media.. Like many of us. And in a way lowers him (as a human) off of a pedestal that the presidents usually have. Also, it's very transparent in what it reveals about the three branches of our government in the US. He *****es and moans on twitter because he isn't an omnipotent jackass who can do as he please. He actually has to wait in line at the DMV (figuratively) just like we do for America's justice system to work itself out. Sure he can write EO's, but we've watched that play out with those judges in CA and HI overturning it or whatever.

About the baseless comment, I don't know where you get that. Maybe I just don't follow enough of the tweets. Nor do I see that wool = urging justice (in his opinion) forward.

Wool to me, is Kevin Spacey coming out as gay and guilty of sexually assaulting a minor simultaneously and the media spinning it to say people are pissed at him cause he's gay. Nahhhh. It's 2017, being gay is far from a suprise to anyone. Frank Ocean came out or at least bi, no one was mad. Interested, not mad.

You could make an argument that releasing the JFK files was a distraction, maybe it was. I'll concede that, still pretty damn cool though.

I'll admit I am biased. I'm not emotional enough to be on the left, nor pragmatic enough to be on the right. However, I follow logic and logic says she's poison. We've just been waiting for the toxicology report.

I do have problems with Trump, however this post has been long enough.   :eek:

Offline dante

« Reply #890 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:37:22 »
^ That's why all the Trump haters will be sad once he is reelected.  Because they would rather fester in their rabies than put pressure on the DNC to come up with viable candidates.

The path of least resistance.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #891 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:44:24 »

It's only a miniscule percentage.

It would require the person's input to vote (showing up cost) to be minimal.

For example, a young teacher who works at the school where the booths are setup in the gym that day..

If a person has to cross any large distance to vote, more than 1 block radius,   then those who show up will have some purposed political agenda,   Otherwise, why get out of bed.

People who get out of bed to be sarcastic are on reddit and geekhack..  they wouldn't drive all the way down to the booth just to be sarcastic.

I think you are underestimating the power of irony. Their gift for ironic voting would potentially be 4-8 years of ironic social engagement. From what I understand as an outsider looking in, a few hours at the polls is equivalent to 4-8 years worth of VIP access via their favorite comedy club. I'm not an ironic voter I just think that aspect of voting might make for an interesting read.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #892 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:48:01 »

I think you are underestimating the power of irony. Their gift for ironic voting would potentially be 4-8 years of ironic social engagement. From what I understand as an outsider looking in, a few hours at the polls is equivalent to 4-8 years worth of VIP access via their favorite comedy club. I'm not an ironic voter I just think that aspect of voting might make for an interesting read.

You would be correct 20-30 years ago, when people had more energy, and Outside-minded-ness.

But, I don't even want to walk down to the kitchen..

When drones came out, I contemplated getting one,  Not to take aerial photos,  but to fly it down to the refrigerator for a sandwich.

American lazy is on a whole new level..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #893 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:54:21 »

You would be correct 20-30 years ago, when people had more energy, and Outside-minded-ness.

But, I don't even want to walk down to the kitchen..

When drones came out, I contemplated getting one,  Not to take aerial photos,  but to fly it down to the refrigerator for a sandwich.

American lazy is on a whole new level..

Dopamine. Unlock the phone and bam, you're dosed. No need to venture outside these days.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #894 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:01:41 »

A large portion of Trump voters were in fact trolls from places like 4chan and the like. If you frequented forums leading up to the election there was a big anon movement to troll the election by ironically voting Trump thinking he had no chance of actually winning. It was in fact supposed to be, or at least started as an edgy ironic joke. Funny and sad at the same time.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #895 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:03:42 »

A large portion of Trump voters were in fact trolls from places like 4chan and the like. If you frequented forums leading up to the election there was a big anon movement to troll the election by ironically voting Trump thinking he had no chance of actually winning. It was in fact supposed to be, or at least started as an edgy ironic joke. Funny and sad at the same time.

If this is true, it is the saddest example of democracy's failure.

Offline dante

« Reply #896 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:09:28 »

If this is true, it is the saddest example of democracy's failure.

It's not true at all.  Hillary is the reason why Trump won.

Seriously sometimes I feel like I'm living in a computer simulation.  Every Anti-Trump bot refuses to acknowledge that Hillary was the reason why Trump was elected.

They would rather run their proverbial mouths about how bad Trump is - because lets admit it - any anonymous keyboard warrior that isn't a paid protester can do it from the comfort of their armchair.

If you hate Trump so much get off your lazy arse and go find a worthy candidate to take him down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #897 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:12:40 »
If you hate Trump so much get off your lazy arse and go find a worthy candidate to take him down.

There was, the people voted for him and then his own party ousted him for an unlikable synth.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #898 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:18:03 »

Totally started similar to that for sure, but there's a real dogma in those early 4chan threads about that Trump and his "dubs" and "trips". Kind of funny if you ask me. I like it, makes for a good story.

But to say Anons represented a large enough number to throw an entire election is disingenuous, and like TP said doesn't relay the true laziness of Americans. Lots of people are all talk and roleplay online.

The fact is she spent close to a billion dollars on campaigning, still lost. Enough regular voters detest her as well.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #899 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:22:01 »
Well, what's the alternative for one? Two, people are gonna spend their votes how they want, that's what democrazy is about. Can't hate on people for being less educated about their picks, nor more educated. I'm not speaking for any side when I say that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 14:26:08 by 9999hp »