Author Topic: [GB] BIOI G60BLE 60% PCB  (Read 59055 times)

Offline briemens

Re: [GB] BIOI G60BLE 60% PCB
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 10:13:34 »
Is there an option or a plan to configure the BIOI G60BLE 60% PCB via https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware ?

I have a lot of QMK keymaps for differrent PCB's and would like to have a keymap as a text file for this PCB as well.
E7-V1 SE / Aanzee / Volcano 660 / Canoe / FC660C / Grid 600 / Space65 / FC750R / 2x Unicomp / Sirius / 3x Doro67 / 2x DC60 / 2x Klippe / Keyboardbelle / 2x Tofu / CTRL / Poker / Anne Pro

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 13:21:13 »
I FINALLY got a battery for my one, I'm happy that I could connect and use the board.

There is a lock mode, according to the guide: "this mode is very useful when you’re difficult to access the power switch and you want to put the board into your backpack"

I wish there was another way to turn the board on or off, right now it seems like it's always on and attempting to pair when it is switched on.

Do I have to drill a hole in the bottom of my case to access the on/off switch?

Offline bball2

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 15:51:01 »
Hey is there an estimate of when these are shipping if I ordered around Sep 2019?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:00:13 »
Hey is there an estimate of when these are shipping if I ordered around Sep 2019?
Did you add the PCB order to an order for the G60 group buy or just the PCB by itself?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 18:24:56 »
Can anyone recommend me some good battery options for this PCB? It's about time I buy one. I'm in the US. :)

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
[GB] BIOI G60BLE 60% PCB
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 23:50:05 »
Hi. A quick update here.

We are glad to see most of you guys got PCBs.
Since this is a new product, the maker, Scott, is now trying to make an instruction for everyone to have an idea about how to play with this board.

BIOI G60BLE PCB is now only able to be editing on VIA Configurator: https://github.com/olivia/via-config/releases
And for pairing, all you need to do is turn on the switch besides spacebar key. Search the board on your device, then pair them.

We were about to put some extra PCBs for stock selling, but found that there are just a few of them.
So we are now discussing with Scott to hold another pre-sale of this product.

If there's any update, we will post it in here, reddit, and our Instagram.
Thanks everyone. :thumb:

I have a problem with mine. If I turn the switch on, pairing works fine. I use mine with my iPad, and when I leave them both over night, the connection appears to remain, but typing results in no key presses. I basically have to switch it off and on again to re-pair it.

Has anyone else had luck with keeping the keyboard paired (and working) with a device for more than a day without the connection failing?

Standard 60% cases have a reset button hole on the bottom of the case. The on/off button should be relocated to this location in future revisions of the PCB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rooski15

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 23:55:16 »
Did you add the PCB order to an order for the G60 group buy or just the PCB by itself?

I ordered just the PCB, if you can answer the question at all. Much appreciated.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 00:29:27 »

I ordered just the PCB, if you can answer the question at all. Much appreciated.
I added a PCB order to my G60 GB order and have not received either. I thought that people who just ordered the PCB received theirs a while ago..?

Actually now that I think about it, if you ordered the second round in sept then they probably haven't shipped. The first round GB ended in July then shipped around Sept. So 3-4 months lead time. I would expect them that ship soon, but it has been  CNY and with Wuhan pneumonia, there might be delays.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2020, 00:34:07 by Lyle88 »

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 16:27:08 »

They'll be shipped after CNY.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7IDN_AHQQI/

Offline rooski15

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 17:01:52 »

Offline CDKing

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 16:02:24 »
I'm having an issue with mine. The board pairs just fine and shows up as connected, but I get no input when trying to use it. It seemed to be working very briefly, but then nothing. I've tried turning it on and off, unplugging the battery, removing it from my list of Bluetooth devices, flashing it, and trying it with my laptop. Exact same thing. Pairs, connects, and no input.

Anybody have any suggestions? There somewhere I can get help with this? Was really looking forward to using this thing wirelessly.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 16:54:12 »
I'm having an issue with mine. The board pairs just fine and shows up as connected, but I get no input when trying to use it. It seemed to be working very briefly, but then nothing. I've tried turning it on and off, unplugging the battery, removing it from my list of Bluetooth devices, flashing it, and trying it with my laptop. Exact same thing. Pairs, connects, and no input.

Anybody have any suggestions? There somewhere I can get help with this? Was really looking forward to using this thing wirelessly.
Have you flashed a layout?

Offline CDKing

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 18:10:59 »
Just the default bioi 60ble hex from the github page. Everything seems to work normally over usb and I can still change my layout with the VIA configurator.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2020, 19:31:15 by CDKing »

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 19:40:55 »
Just the default bioi 60ble hex from the github page. Everything seems to work normally over usb and I can still change my layout with the VIA configurator.
Hmm, I can't help unfortunately because I'm waiting for mine to ship with my G60 purchase

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 20:57:33 »

I have the same issue. Turning it and on and trying to repair multiple times is the only thing that seems to work, but it’s very inconsistent - sometimes it works straight away, sometimes it takes multiple attempts.

I was also looking forward to using this wirelessly, but these inconsistencies mean that it’s gathering dust.

I hope we can get some support or improvement on this.

Offline CDKing

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 21:17:36 »
Hmm, I can't help unfortunately because I'm waiting for mine to ship with my G60 purchase

Yeah, no problem. Now instead of showing as G60BLE in the list of bluetooth devices it shows up as Adafruit Bluefruit LE... under "Other Devices".
Really hope we can get some kind of support for this. Was looking forward to a wireless endgame. :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2020, 21:19:57 by CDKing »

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 06:50:00 »

Yeah, no problem. Now instead of showing as G60BLE in the list of bluetooth devices it shows up as Adafruit Bluefruit LE... under "Other Devices".
Really hope we can get some kind of support for this. Was looking forward to a wireless endgame. :(

What are you testing the bluetooth with?  A PC, a MAC or an IPAD?

Offline CDKing

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 08:11:51 »

What are you testing the bluetooth with?  A PC, a MAC or an IPAD?

Been testing it on a couple of PCs, one desktop and one laptop, both Windows 10. Also tried it on an android phone.
Doesn't even appear to be showing up as a keyboard anymore, just appears under Other Devices. Still works over usb normally.

Not sure if this has to do with anything, but when I go into Device Manager and check under Events for both the G60BLE and another bluetooth keyboard, the other keeb shows:
Device install requested
Device not migrated
Device configured (bth.inf)
Device started
Device installed (bth.inf_aand64_da25af566201ac2c)

While the G60BLE never shows the Device install requested or the Device installed events. Don't really know if that's relevant though. Think they're both different versions of bluetooth.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 February 2020, 08:43:26 by CDKing »

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 11:00:31 »
Have you tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers for your motherboard/laptop?
And also confirmed that it supports Bluetooth 4.0 or higher?

Offline CDKing

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 12:16:58 »
Have you tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers for your motherboard/laptop?
And also confirmed that it supports Bluetooth 4.0 or higher?

Already tried. Don't know about the laptop but I know for sure my desktop does. Now it's showing up as a keyboard again but it's flip-flopping from Paired to Connected. This thing is going nuts. :(

And now it's not working at all. Fantastic.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 February 2020, 18:49:50 by CDKing »

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 23:45:09 »
I have a similar experience. My iPad Pro 10.5 has BT 4.2, that’s the main device I want to use this with.

I can pair without issue, but once paired there is no guarantee that it will work.

I tried turning it off and on again, I tried charging it over night (in case a low battery was causing this). Sometimes it connects and works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I’ve stopped trying, since it is too inconsistent for me to carry around and try eg. in a coffee shop (it’s one thing being the nerd that carries a mechanical keyboard with, it’s another when you take it out, try to connect, fail and put it away again!).

I’m hoping for a fix or improved instructions.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 00:21:11 »
OK, so I tried again last night to pair and simply couldn’t see the device, no matter how often I turned it off and on again. I left the board charging overnight and tried again this morning and it worked first time.

This could all just be battery related.

I read in the instructions somewhere that the keyboard attempts to pair the moment the battery is plugged in, unless the cable is attached to a PC, does that mean that it is constantly discharging?

There is the shortcut to lock the keys (left shift + right shift + L), it would be great to have a shortcut to enable/disable the pairing mode.

One thing I should add, is that I haven’t soldered the LEDs yet, so I think having some visual feedback for the various modes might help relieve some of my own frustration!

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 10:41:39 »
Can anyone recommend me some good battery options for this PCB? It's about time I buy one. I'm in the US. :)

Ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2QET64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 will let you know how it goes / if it'll fit in a polaris. should be here saturday

Offline demonahz

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 04:36:39 »
Is there any manual or something? I'm trying to find more information on how to pair with different computers and so on.

Also, it feels like the caps-lock holes are misplaced and make it impossible to fully insert the switch (hotswap version). It works, but it is loose.

I can provide photos or videos if required. I ask for the manual because I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong :)

Thanks

Offline ninjinphu

• Music to Clack to
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 12:13:19 »
Is there any manual or something? I'm trying to find more information on how to pair with different computers and so on.

Also, it feels like the caps-lock holes are misplaced and make it impossible to fully insert the switch (hotswap version). It works, but it is loose.

I can provide photos or videos if required. I ask for the manual because I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong :)

Thanks

Did you solder the hotswap socket tabs?

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 21:08:46 »
Any pcbs left? I would like one to test out something for some of my builds.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 17:04:56 »
I might sell mine. Are you in the eu?

Offline rooski15

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 17:15:50 »
Any pcbs left? I would like one to test out something for some of my builds.

Or I, in the US.

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 19:17:12 »
I'm in the US

Offline rooski15

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 12:07:41 »
I didn't see this link here anywhere, but I found it helpful for evaluating all of the components on the board, etc. Seems like there is a pair of aux switch pads you could use to put an external power switch in. Should be able to locate this on the bottom of the board or anywhere, really, if you just run a couple wires and attach it somehow. either way, helpful information.

https://scottywei.github.io/bioi-g60ble/

Offline rooski15

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 15:00:14 »
Anyone have battery friendly case recommendations?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 18:17:33 »
Acrylic tofu

Offline lac29

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:32:19 »

Jupiter75

Offline rooski15

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:36:16 »

Jupiter75
Should have specified 60%...

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 01:33:49 »
kbdfans 5 degree case, both the wooden and metal versions.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 17:35:56 »
Finally got it mounted - thought I might use the reset hole for adding an auxiliary power switch. Nope! Suboptimal processor placement.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 05:03:30 »
Yeah, I found that odd too!

Offline Slyceth

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 18:00:22 »
Is this one still available? Otherwise could you recommend me a different 65% hotswappable PCB with no rgb/bluetooth?