Author Topic: [GB] BOCC GB (Ended) - In Production  (Read 58208 times)

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
[GB] BOCC GB (Ended) - In Production
« on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 14:23:31 »
Should you be interested in subscribing to our news update via email, please kindly fill in the form here - https://forms.gle/Z4uWKJ8TLLhnPkqD7 or join Thic Thock's Discord - https://discord.gg/nQ6g5UC

227285-0
227287-1
227289-2
227291-3
227293-4

Disclaimer: we do not officially support this color combo because PC and aluminium version are manufactured by 2 different factories and we cannot guarantee the compatibility will be perfect. (although in this case it is)

Typing demo & Tear down video:
https://youtu.be/jjZv_3XFdqk

Thank you for coming in.

BOCC is an embodiment of utility and aesthetics. This unique layout not only serves properly on a daily use basis, but also is a great layout to display the beauty of our beloved keysets in a unique form.

The design philosophy of this board is inspired by the first carrier of this unique layout - Kmac Mini. The robust utility it offers and the aesthetic of the whole board is pure joy to look at. We hope not only to bring back this layout to our beloved community, but also we would like to try something new this time - a non-traditional mounting system.

Traditional top mounting system requires the screws to lock in the plate from the bottom case to the top case, while having the PCB suspended in between when it is fully assembled. We hope to alleviate, if not eradicate the reverbs that the suspension of the PCB would cause, thus, the mounting system we proposed will be having the PCB screwed and locked in to the bottom case, while the plate will be screwed in and locked in place on the top case.Another thought we put into this design is that we hope that whoever appreciate hot-swappable PCB could easily change the plate by unscrewing it off the top case and swap it to another material to experience different typing feel. Last but not the least, user can enjoy the plateless set up on this mounting system as well.

Specification of the board:
Aluminium Version

Unlimited
7 Degree
6063 Aluminum
PVD Brass weight
Aluminium plate
Sidebar weight (PVD Brass)
Non-hot swappable Backlit RGB PCB - QMK compatible (ISO supported)
USB-C Port
Double Lock Mechanism
Color options:
- Anodization
Red
Pale Turquoise
Pink
Black
- Electrophoresis
White
Yellow

You are able to choose their favourite color combination. You can only match color that is under the same coloring category - eg. Yellow cannot match with Black, Baby Blue cannot match with White.
We will be using the latest electrophoresis technology; the finish will be more durable in terms of scratch resistance and wear resistance.

Polycarbonate Version

Limited quantity of 20
Unlimited
7 Degree
Mitsubishi polycarbonate
Aluminium plate
PVD Brass weight
Sidebar weight (PVD Brass)
Non-hot swappable Backlit RGB PCB, QMK compatible (ISO supported)
USB-C Port
Double Lock Mechanism

Special Edition - BOCC SE

Total of 7, 2 available for public
(1 Piano Black, 1 Rose Gold)
7 Degree
PVD Brass - Mirror Finished
PVD Brass weight - Mirror Finished
PVD Brass plate - Mirror Finished
Sidebar weight (PVD Brass) - Mirror Finished
Non-hot swappable Backlit RGB PCB, QMK compatible (ISO supported)
USB-C Port
Double Lock Mechanism
Serialized

Renders for BOCC SE
Credit to Kingk22

225817-5
225819-6
225821-7
225823-8

Sidebar weight customization
This will be implemented in both version, we are looking to expand this service on extras as well. This option will have extra cost.

Supports WKL
- 1.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 7 / 1.5
Supports ISO & split left shift (Hot-swappable PCB - no)
Supports Split Backspace

Renders:

225831-9
225833-10
225835-11
225837-12

Credit to Kingk22
Keycaps: ePBT G81-SAV Reload
225825-13
225827-14
225829-15

*Please note that although render colors are not representing the final product, most of the renders above reflect their color faithfully; however, Baby Blue is not perfectly accurate to the sample that we are looking to get, the final product should be more light. The color of Cyan/Tiffany Blue in the render should be very close to the actual color now.

Group Buy information:

Price:
300USD + Shipping

Extras such as plates (PC, Brass - sand blast, CF, Aluminium) and PCB (non-hot swappable and hot swappable) will be available when the GB starts.

Sales type:
BOCC (Alu & PC / extras) sales on https://thicthock.com.
Group buy date is now set from 7th September 00:00 GMT+8 to 3rd October 00:00 GMT+8
  • Google form will no longer accept editing of your responses 1 days - 4th Oct, 2019 GMT+8 00:00 after the conclusion of the GB. All options will be final by that time. Those who had received email notification on requesting the amendment of your Google form, please edit it ASAP; failed to do so will result in cancellation of your order.
  • Acceptance of refund or cancelling order will no longer be available 1 day - 4th Oct, 2019 GMT+8 00:00 after the conclusion of the GB.

BOCC SE sales will be held through a Vickrey Auction.
The Vickrey Auction form will be live on 5th September 22:00 GMT+8 to 6th September 22:00 GMT+8 (24 hours)

Vickrey Auction Instructions:
1. You place your bid (baseline bid is 400) - the maximum amount of bid you're willing to pay, without knowing others bids.
2. After filling in the form, you basically wait until the auction ends.
3. The event holder will announce the 2nd highest bid and it will be the pricing for BOCC SE.
e.g.
#1 - 1000
#2 - 960
#3 - 950
#2 is the 2nd highest bid, SE's price will be set at 960 for all winners.

4. The winners will receive notifications and invoices subsequently.

Rules:
- One entry per household
- Duplicate entries will result in getting the participant disqualified immediately without warning and notice
- 2 SE kits will be available for bidding; Piano Black #4, Rose Gold #6
- Top 2 bids will be taking the spots; the price will be referenced at the second highest bid in this case
- Highest bidder will be able to choose which color, second bidder will have to take whatever that is left
- The bid you place represents the maximum bid you are willing to pay; but the final price of BOCC SE will be determined by the second highest bid
- Baseline bid will be starting from 400.
- Invoices will be sent to the winners immediately after the closing of the form.
- Winners will have up to 24 hours to pay their invoices; failed to do so will result in passing on their spot to others.
- Winning bid does not include shipping fee.

Please read the following before entering your bid
- BOCC SE is limited edition, only 7 will be made, 5 of which are allocated to family and friends
- BOCC SE will be shipped AFTER regular BOCC's shipment is fulfilled
- The shipping fee for BOCC SE will not be cheap due to the material nature of the board is waaaay heavier than regular BOCC
To enter BOCC SE Vickrey Auction, please press >>>here<<<
Form status: Closed; invoice sent!
Set price for SE is 958.

Update Summary:
2/10 GMT+8 Midnight Updates
  • Added typing demo and tear down vid

1/10 GMT+8 Updates
  • Added actual product pictures
  • Video in the making
  • Typing sound can be found on Discord

28/9 GMT+8 Updates
  • Added Order Overview, please check if you have time

26/9 GMT+8 Updates
  • BOCC GB extended
  • Added ecoat finished early birds pictures

5/9 GMT+8 Updates
  • BOCC SE Vickrey Auction baseline bid added
  • BOCC PC prototype pictures added to #2

4/9 GMT+8 Midnight update
  • BOCC SE announcement
  • BOCC Group Buy date announcement
  • Extras - PVD Brass option has been taken away (guys, don't panic, it's plate, not weight)
  • Sales details have been updated
  • Will no longer update change-log because the functionality of these two areas are essentially the same

27/8 GMT+8 Afternoon update
  • BOCC PC prototype done - added pictures
  • BOCC Alu prototype in the making

14/8 GMT+8 Afternoon update
  • Removed extra free plates offered in PC version due to the decreased cost
  • Added clarification on whether spilt backspace is supported or not - the answer is yes

14/8 GMT+8 Evening update
  • Cap quantity of PC version is lifted, it is now unlimited
  • Cost finalization - 300USD + shipping
  • Supports WKL
  • Color options updated
  • Customers are able to choose their color combination (for more details, please refer to the above)
  • Prototype ordered - demo ETA late August (we're making a full disclose and in-depth tear down on the demo regarding the mounting system and other noteworthy stuff)
  • Vendor announcement - Thic Thock

20/7
  • Removed PVD Stainless Steel option due to the higher manufacturing cost
  • Updated the "In Progress" section
  • Price of the board is yet to be determined until the prototype order is made, since the render is delayed, it is also delayed as a result

3/7 GMT+8 Afternoon update
  • Cap quantity of Aluminium version has been lifted, PC version is still in consideration - but rest assured, the quantity of PC will
  • be increased nevertheless
  • Aluminium version will now have an identical design to PC version (yes, mounting system too)
  • Both version now comes with non-hot swappable backlit RGB PCB with the kit - hot swappable PCB is still available on extras (yes, we heard you loud and clear)
  • PVD Stainless steel option for sidebar weight will be added to options
  • Sidebar weight customization will be open for both version, it will cost extra
  • Price for both version is now subject to change due to the massive changes we are implementing on this project
  • USB-C will be supported
  • There will be only "Bocc" engraving on weight
  • WKL layout has been chosen - 1.5/1/1.5/7/1.5/0.5/1/1/1 - poll will begin in GH thread soon - if this turns out to be green light, it will serve as an option instead of replacing the original design, so don't need to be worried for those who do not prefer WKL layout
  • Color option has been deducted to Black, White, Blue and a new color added - Red
  • Blue and Red will be fine tuned - expect the renders for it probably next week
  • Color finish will be Electrophoresis - so long ano

In Progress:

• Prototype PC - pictures pending
  • Aluminium early birds are almost done, it will be used for proper presentation as a reflection of what your board will actually look like when it is ready for shipment

Checklist:

Initiation of IC
Gather and process interests and comments
Update the final design
Finalize on all options
Make prototype
Proceed to GB
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 06:43:07 by senryo »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] BOCC
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 06:09:55 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline lanyusea

Re: [GB] BOCC
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 06:20:09 »
seems got approved after three days of GB start...

GLWS!
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Starius

Re: [GB] BOCC (7th Sep - 27th Sep)
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 18:46:47 »
Yay, official thread!  I went in on the GB 9 days ago, but glad to see this thread started!   :thumb:

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 20:43:37 »
So, according to the OP, it is not possible to get a polycarb bottom with an e-white top?

Offline MMKB

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 22:29:35 »
Man this is so hard to pass  :'(

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 01:48:07 »
nice

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 05:14:42 »
I can feel the gravity of this board.  PC version here I come.  You have been made for Serika.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 07:22:56 »
Excited to solder zilents or maybe healios into the pcb with a polycarb plate before putting it all in my all e-yellow case then finally slapping on my MT3 Serika. ❤️

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 07:57:02 »
Excited to solder zilents or maybe healios into the pcb with a polycarb plate before putting it all in my all e-yellow case then finally slapping on my MT3 Serika. ❤️

Ditto
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Wobafet

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 11:15:44 »
Is it possible to change the Alu plate included in the base kit to a PC plate and then purchase a bras plate + PCB on the side?

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 18:10:19 »
My lazy ass finally took the time to join. Just commenting now to follow the thread.

Offline Gepriester

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 06:26:32 »
I'm really curious about this one. Everything seems perfect for my needs and it would be my first ever GB case. I know the price should be reasonable, but I live in the EU. Do you know what I can expect to pay incl shipping + fees?

Offline MMKB

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:11:07 »
In for a white BOCC!

WTS: Everest white Alf DC60

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:04:22 »
I'm really curious about this one. Everything seems perfect for my needs and it would be my first ever GB case. I know the price should be reasonable, but I live in the EU. Do you know what I can expect to pay incl shipping + fees?

Somewhere around 50 euro probably. My latest GB was the E6.5 which is most likely very similar in weight to this & it cost me $48 for shipping an alum. one to the US. The PC version may be a bit lighter & cheaper to ship also.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:12:58 »
Sold on the looks & price, but still kinda wondering about the mounting system. I'm sure it does alleviate a good bit of the reverb from the PCB not being attached to anything but the switches, but looking to be essentially a top mount/tray mount hybrid I'd expect it to be a super stiff feeling board even with softer plate materials. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but also is definitely not gonna be everybody's cup of tea either. Some extra info on how the mounting system works & how it affects the rigidity of the board would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline prototype26

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 00:03:17 »
Sold on the looks & price, but still kinda wondering about the mounting system. I'm sure it does alleviate a good bit of the reverb from the PCB not being attached to anything but the switches, but looking to be essentially a top mount/tray mount hybrid I'd expect it to be a super stiff feeling board even with softer plate materials. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but also is definitely not gonna be everybody's cup of tea either. Some extra info on how the mounting system works & how it affects the rigidity of the board would be greatly appreciated!

Read the pinned message on the discord server. It's not the same as tray mount.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 02:34:35 »

We will be releasing a tear down demo soon. If early birds arrive late, we will extend the GB to compensate the delays so you have more time to consider if you are willing to join the GB. Thank you for the supports.

Offline liquidvel

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:09:28 »
I don't understand why the polycarb version is as expensive as the aluminium one?

Offline Starius

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:19:27 »
I don't understand why the polycarb version is as expensive as the aluminium one?

(Soundwave voice) Aluminum superior. Polycarb inferior.

*ducks & runs*

:p

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:28:01 »

A block of polycarb costs more than a block of aluminum. So in terms of raw material it already costs more.

It must be machined slower to avoid warping and discoloration and the yield is lower.

The idea that plastic is a cheap or cheaper material is a fallacy. Yes, in HUGE scale production, injection molded plastics can be cheaper than metal parts HOWEVER this is only after massive upfront costs to prepare a manufacturing line to produce them and is only relevant for mass production. Even the biggest KB group buys don’t even come close to this sort of scale.

If you like poly, get poly, if you like alu, get alu. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but neither is a “cheaper” option.

Offline ritingon

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 23:38:18 »
We will be releasing a tear down demo soon. If early birds arrive late, we will extend the GB to compensate the delays so you have more time to consider if you are willing to join the GB. Thank you for the supports.

Any updates on this?  I'm so very close to pulling the trigger on one of these but I'd really love to see the tear down before I go for it.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 23:44:47 »

Any updates on this?  I'm so very close to pulling the trigger on one of these but I'd really love to see the tear down before I go for it.

I should be receiving it this week; followed with a video 1-2 days after.

We will be extending the GB purchase window relative to the delay of the possession of early birds, which probably should be 3-4 Oct.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 04:53:33 »
Order placed for the PC version.  Very excited about this keyboard and can't wait to see it with Serika fitted.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [GB] BOCC GB extended to 3rd Oct
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 10:42:26 »
26/9 GMT+8 Updates
BOCC GB extended
Added ecoat finished early birds pictures

Reasons as follow:
We have decided to extend the GB to 3rd Oct, 2019 GMT+8 00:00. The reason for the extension is because we have not released the typing demo and the tear down video yet and we believe it would leave bad taste in our beloved community's mouth if we proceed to conclude the GB without fulfilling one of the most anticipated requests.
I dearly hope that I will be receiving the early birds by this weekend, so I could have time to assemble it, videotape it and upload to you guys. This is the best we can do for the moment. We cannot postpone any longer due to the fact that in the first place, we have already planned to conclude this GB before the Chinese national day - 1st Oct - which will be a 10 days holiday in China, resulting in paralyzing the production of BOCC inevitably. Regardless if I'm receiving the early birds on time, this will be the set date for the end of BOCC GB.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 10:46:26 »

Awesome to hear, I'll keep an eye out for that! Thanks for the response. :)

Offline thornkin

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 18:02:52 »
Excited for the delay. This may give me a chance to get in on this.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [GB] BOCC GB extended to 3rd Oct | Added Order Overview
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 05:48:05 »
28/9 GMT+8 Updates

Offline WeathermanKarlos

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 09:21:06 »
Just to confirm, the hotswap PCB does NOT support split backspace, correct? Only the standard one?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 09:30:32 »
Just to confirm, the hotswap PCB does NOT support split backspace, correct? Only the standard one?
correct

Offline orim23

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 10:27:25 »
28/9 GMT+8 Updates
how do I find the link to edit my google form? I haven't gotten an email when i filled it out. my order now has a ? in that order sheet.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 18:19:46 »
28/9 GMT+8 Updates
how do I find the link to edit my google form? I haven't gotten an email when i filled it out. my order now has a ? in that order sheet.

Enter the form with the original email you used.

Plus my order shows 0 extra solder PCB. I edited my form twice to try to change it to 1 extra PCB but the spreadsheet still shows 0. Could you help please?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 00:52:43 »
28/9 GMT+8 Updates

Would you mind letting me know your order no. and the answer to the question mark? I could edit it for you

28/9 GMT+8 Updates

Enter the form with the original email you used.

Plus my order shows 0 extra solder PCB. I edited my form twice to try to change it to 1 extra PCB but the spreadsheet still shows 0. Could you help please?

Could you provide me your order no? I could change it for you.

Offline orim23

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 01:22:08 »
You already did. I have sent an email, you corrected it. my order is now correct. Thanks!

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [GB] BOCC GB End on 3/10 | Order Overview | Actual product pictures
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 06:25:29 »
1/10 GMT+8 Updates
  • Added actual product pictures
  • Video in the making
  • Typing sound can be found on Discord

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [GB] BOCC GB - End on 3/10 | Order Overview | Typing demo added
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 14:41:58 »
2/10 GMT+8 Midnight Updates
  • Added typing demo and tear down vid

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 15:07:02 »
F**K!!!
I'm so sorry for the unintentional mistake of not BCC'ing you guys in the mail.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

SORRY :( :( :( :(

Offline nicx

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 19:20:40 »
Sucks about not being able to customize it with the PC like in the video :/ I would have been in for one if that was possible.

Offline Sorachi.Ace

• Formerly CaptRobo
  • Co-owner of SodieCaps artisan keycaps
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 19:28:15 »
Sucks about not being able to customize it with the PC like in the video :/ I would have been in for one if that was possible.
+1

Offline jizzaztartist

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 20:58:00 »
Is there some kind of logo on the weight?

Offline bball2

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 23:41:45 »

+2

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 02:19:50 »
Is there some kind of logo on the weight?

which weight are you referring to?

If you are referring to the weight showcased in the video.
That would be the engraving in the inside, and the BOCC on the outside
engraving for the inside weight in only available for the Founder's edition, which is not publicly available
but engraving for side bar weight is available for public.

Offline victorpre

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 06:59:03 »

+2
+3

Offline Winster

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 08:43:13 »
Just completed my payment. I chose anodized alu case but I am now thinking I would like a e-alu case. Is it possible I choose a yellow e-alu option in Google forms instead of the anodized version that I selected on the website?

Offline chozn1

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 09:17:48 »

+2
+3
+4

Offline olsen34

Re: [GB] BOCC GB (Ended) - Order Overview | Processing Order
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 08:30:10 »
If anyone is cancelling their order, please let me know so I can take your spot. Thanks.

Offline Starius

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 06:27:20 »
Any updates on this? Thread has been a bit quiet for awhile.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 06:39:19 »
Any updates on this? Thread has been a bit quiet for awhile.

Hi there, sorry for the lack of update on the thread, I've been putting all the updates solely on Discord, and that is our fault.
Let me update you a bit.

Firstly, the packaging has been finalized and made

Secondly, due to the delay caused by the inspections conducted on factories from environmental regulators, imposed by the Chinese government law that was enacted recently(which is the main reason the production was prolonged for a month or so), we have upgraded the the side-weight and weight from sand blast to PVD clear; although this means that it will diminish our profit margin by a lot, we think it is a good gesture to show our dedication on delivery a good and promising item to our customers.

During the time, we have detected that the PCBs were defective, and that we had already remade orders and hopefully it will catch up the speed. In before we had already announced that the color will be red, but to differentiate the faulty from the corrected one, we have decided to make the latest PCB to classic green.

There will be no BT compatible HS PCB due to technical issues, we had tested multiple times but the stability of the BT didn't pass through and we figured that rather than offering a half-baked PCB, we would rather take it out from the menu. In light of that, we had made extra PCBs so that people who were waiting for HSBT PCB could at least get other kind of PCB.

At this stage, all BOCC has already been made, in terms of coloring(anodized and ecoated), what's left is surface processes and PVD coating; which will be taken place after CNY. If there is no hiccups, QC will take another 2 weeks upon receiving BOCC on our side. The current plan is that we will send out batch by batch so to ease the long wait.

If you would like to see more elaborated updates, please do not hesitate to join our Discord - https://discord.gg/5kCVk9q for more news! Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 06:40:50 by senryo »

Offline Starius

Re: [GB] BOCC GB (Ended) - In Production
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 07:12:58 »
Thank you very much for the update, Senryo!
Sorry to hear about the mishaps so far, but it sounds like you've handled them as well as anyone could hope to do so.
(And really, every GB runs into unanticipated issues - what sets them a part is how those issues are handled, right?)

Looking forward to this board!  :thumb:

Offline cicatriz

Re: [GB] BOCC GB (Ended) - In Production
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 21:18:37 »
If anyone is looking to drop out let me know please!