Author Topic: memes these days  (Read 6971 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
memes these days
« on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 21:03:44 »
kids too busy dabbing with their ****s out, they don't even know nothing about dank

back in my day memes could change the world

man I miss those days.

way back in 2015.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: memes these days
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 22:12:04 »
Happy Kobe day.

Harambe died for your sins.

M9.

I remember when Boys Club was a thing.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 22:58:12 »
You implying Harambe can't change the world?

Harambe is not a meme

he's a lifestyle

Offline jaffers

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 23:46:14 »
Please stop talking about Harambe, the grieving period is not yet over and you are making it hard to forget him

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 05:57:59 »
tp4 is a meme that has achieved artificial intelligence.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pwade3

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 15:44:10 »

There's something about a sentient meme that does nothing but ****post that is truly poetic.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 16:00:49 »

There's something about a sentient meme that does nothing but ****post that is truly poetic.

Perhaps ****post, 

Perhaps ONLY THE CHOSEN are capable of unraveling their Mystic Secrets..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:47:39 »

Just call him Tay :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 20:20:28 »
Gangnam Style

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 09:46:48 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 10:10:28 »
Probably not a meme, per se:

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 12:30:06 »

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 September 2016, 12:32:35 by Olumin »

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 12:37:42 »

It's a good character and he has even better points..?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 13:32:57 »

It's a good character

Trae Crowder: "Liberal Redneck" is my man.

His videos are harder to find than they should be, I think that there are people working against him to make them scarce.

He has a couple of dozen of them, shoot me a PM and I will send you a nearly-complete list.
(the one about Orlando evaporated almost instantly, if anybody can find it again, please let me know)

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 September 2016, 13:37:13 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 22:22:50 »
seriously, Harambe is the HIV of the meme world.

****sout falls somewhere between the blue/gold dress and crazy frog in terms of worst ****ing memes on the internet

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 22:51:14 »
Bring back the dank

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 22:52:51 »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 22:57:28 »
I literally just found out about the Harambe meme 2 days ago. I knew the story but didn't know the name. My nephew, that is in college, was talking about it and I had to ask..

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 11:48:02 »
yeah I remember None Pizza Left Beef back then
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 05:37:29 »

Congratulations on 1000 posts some time in the recent past :)

Going to request a star?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 05:40:44 »

Going to request a star?
Holy**** I didn't even notice I have reached 1000 posts :))

So I can have a star? Pink, it definitely must be pink!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 07:36:42 »
seriously, Harambe is the HIV of the meme world.

****sout falls somewhere between the blue/gold dress and crazy frog in terms of worst ****ing memes on the internet

Agreed. Listening to people chanting "****s out for Harambe" over and over again is just moronic.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 14:01:55 »

Going to request a star?

I dunno, I never got my clear star :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 21:47:32 »

Going to request a star?

Either post in that linked thread, or send MrHoff a PM - he's usually the one who assigns stars.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 17:12:37 »
*slow claps steps out of the shadows   

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable
material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member
of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out
there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says
it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest ****post copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit or 4chan. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean
the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some **** that a million different Johnny No-
Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive. See you on the boards...

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 09:46:51 »

Wow, is he in a tropical forest?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:35:17 »

Knoxville, Tennessee

The Appalachian Mountains are a surprisingly vibrant and diverse ecosystem. Especially "The Great Smoky Mountains" subset.

Offline iri

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 11:29:56 »

Knoxville, Tennessee

The Appalachian Mountains are a surprisingly vibrant and diverse ecosystem. Especially "The Great Smoky Mountains" subset.
Interesting, thanks! The only thing I remember about TN's nature is that it has a vast number of tree species.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 12:05:10 »