Author Topic: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Cherry MX Silent  (Read 6644 times)

Offline MajorMajor

• Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiast
    • Coding Supply
Corsair STRAFE RGB - Cherry MX Silent
« on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 10:55:26 »
Hi everyone,
I did a full write-up of the Corsair STRAFE RGB which you can find here in long form, the TL;DR is it's a pretty sleek gaming mech with great RGB lighting effects. I don't see a reason to buy a K70 over a STRAFE right now.

I figured people may want to talk more about the Cherry MX Silent switches though. I'm curious if anyone else has tried these and what they thought.

I liked that they did seem to dampen the bottom-outs I get with normal Reds, but the Silent almost feel tactile despite being labeled as linear.
TKL / Clears / Dvorak / Flipped Space for Life / Best Programming Keyboards

Offline carmenohio

Re: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Cherry MX Silent
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 16:15:33 »
I really wish Corsair would adopt a standard bottom row.  Their stock keycaps are awful, and you're stuck with them since nobody makes keycaps for their layout.

Offline acid2000

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 18:59:15 »
I have two STRAFE's with the Cherry Browns. Although I love the keyboard the included software lets the whole thing down.

Offline quasistellar

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 22:11:00 »
I tried the exact same keyboard: Strafe RGB with Cherry MX silent.

I really disliked it. I just can't get used to Cherry linear switches. The board itself was OK but nothing special.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:25:55 »
I'm harvesting switches off one I found on Craigslist for cheap. I like the cushioned feeling from all the dampening. It also makes it feel heavier towards the bottom than normal reds, making it closer to my ideal linear switch weight.