Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 303763 times)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:23:31 »
Since I can’t seem to see it mentioned anywhere, does anyone know if there’s a projected timeline for manufacturing and shipping? Would something like the end of the year be a fair estimate?

Aiming for July shipment - but will have a better estimation once we begin manufacturing :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:25:56 »
Wow Rama, these are beautiful.

Any estimated price for the tkl version?

Offline garbo

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:30:33 »
Since I can’t seem to see it mentioned anywhere, does anyone know if there’s a projected timeline for manufacturing and shipping? Would something like the end of the year be a fair estimate?

Aiming for July shipment - but will have a better estimation once we begin manufacturing :)

Cool, that’s pretty speedy :thumb: My bad, I apparently didn’t look at the store page very closely cause it does say.

Good job with all the renders btw.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:32:06 »
Wow Rama, these are beautiful.

Any estimated price for the tkl version?

Cheers mate!!

No pricing on the TKL yet - that will be run via OCO later this year :)

Cool, that’s pretty speedy :thumb: My bad, I apparently didn’t look at the store page very closely cause it does say.

Good job with all the renders btw.

No worries at all!! Cheers bro :D
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:00:34 »
❤️❤️❤️

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:44:39 »

On the purchase page it says mid 2018. A user on Reddit said July was estimated and said by rama on a discord server. Not in the discord server myself and don't know which one they meant so can't verify that myself.

Edit: Didn't see that there was a second page and answer to this already before I posted.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:34:45 by tanvir175 »

Offline mkarlsson

Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 11:34:57 »
Thanks Rama! Hope the price does not get too high.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 11:53:52 »
Is it just me or is ramaworks store down?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:05:55 »
Is it just me or is ramaworks store down?

Works for me.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:23:17 »
Are there any details about the backside height of the keyboard?

Using the data he's provided (front height, depth, and angle), looks be about 35.90mm.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:24:27 »
There is also an optional interior weight for extra heft and resonance.

I'm confused by this :o :o

Are you trying to increase the resonance?

Sorry, that should be reduced - as there is less air-room - not that it makes a ton of difference - still need to get the mic out and record a through samples with/without

Aahhhh! That makes sense. Looking forward to hearing if there is a difference :p

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:33:18 »
holy crap all those renders. Rama is a god. I'm totally in. Now just to choose the color..

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 14:11:26 »
Just to be clear, the layout can’t be changed at all, correct? I’m mainly concerned with the split backspace. I really like split backspace, but the sets I was going to put on don’t have r1 1u backspace keys (GMK solarized dark and GMK Led Zep)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:41:44 »
Just to be clear, the layout can’t be changed at all, correct? I’m mainly concerned with the split backspace. I really like split backspace, but the sets I was going to put on don’t have r1 1u backspace keys (GMK solarized dark and GMK Led Zep)

with split backspace, you're supposed to use the \| key as backspace
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:59:55 »

You can put the ~` key there instead of 1u Del, like the HHKB does.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:05:05 »

With QMK you can just make both keys work as backspace and change the lower backspace back to backslash if you want.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:06:11 »

With QMK you can just make both keys work as backspace and change the lower backspace back to backslash if you want.

I think the concern was with having the correct legend caps.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:09:57 »

You just let that concern go and let peace wash over you. Then one night you wake with a start and realize this hobby is a weight upon your shoulders and life could be better if you just save yourself the trouble and stop buying boards. But then you say to hell with it and end up with two backspace keys labeled incorrectly.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:14:52 »

You just let that concern go and let peace wash over you. Then one night you wake with a start and realize this hobby is a weight upon your shoulders and life could be better if you just save yourself the trouble and stop buying boards. But then you say to hell with it and end up with two backspace keys labeled incorrectly.

FWIW, legends don't matter to me. I don't look at my board when I type. As long as it's aesthetically pleasing, the plastic is just there so I have something bigger to hit than that little stem.

And while your point is valid and fair, the original concern was with correct legend caps so I'm addressing it as such.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:18:01 »

If you care about correct legends, it's all going to be about what layout you use.

This is the MX version of the HHKB. Both keysets you mentioned support it. When you go changing it, I doubt you'll find full support.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:27:45 »

FWIW, legends don't matter to me. I don't look at my board when I type. As long as it's aesthetically pleasing, the plastic is just there so I have something bigger to hit than that little stem.

And while your point is valid and fair, the original concern was with correct legend caps so I'm addressing it as such.
Yes I’m one of those people who prefers correct legends. I’ll find someway to make it work and be a comfortable layout for myself.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 18:07:15 »

Yes I’m one of those people who prefers correct legends. I’ll find someway to make it work and be a comfortable layout for myself.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. I recommend going the standard HHKB layout, as shown in the image above in xondat's post. ever since using Backspace in the HHKB layout, I can't go back to using normal backspace. I keep hitting \\\\\\\ whenever I want to backspace at school/work.

Offline ttot

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 06:22:22 »
Hey. I have a question. LAKE (NAVY) and Midnight Blue, from M10-B Mechanical Mini Pad drop, is it the same color, or are they different?
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 06:56:12 »
If only I could go for more colors, I went for moon to fit my GMK laser (kobe + blocknet), but I would love this Dusk also :3 ! First world problem I guess x)

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:39:39 »
Hey. I have a question. LAKE (NAVY) and Midnight Blue, from M10-B Mechanical Mini Pad drop, is it the same color, or are they different?

I think rama mentioned multiple times that, as they are produced by different manufacturers, the colors will be different. But I'm not sure if it was for the M10-B or a different one.
TGR Jane V2

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 08:39:53 »
I went in for Kuro because I plan on using SA Oblivion with Oblivion alphas. Now I'm second guessing if Moon was a better choice or if I should have got Hagoroma alphas like in Rama's renders.. These boards look great with any combo though

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 08:58:00 »
I went in for Kuro because I plan on using SA Oblivion with Oblivion alphas. Now I'm second guessing if Moon was a better choice or if I should have got Hagoroma alphas like in Rama's renders.. These boards look great with any combo though

That's why I held off ordering moon, I was still debating if kuro or moon would be better. As soon as I saw the image of the anodization block Rama posted, I ordered moon. That grey is way darker than I thought and I really like that.
TGR Jane V2

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 09:08:27 »

Hey, yeah! They're the same colour reference for the Anodizing, but anodized by different manufacturers - so it will most definitely vary, but they will match colourtone wise :)

If only I could go for more colors, I went for moon to fit my GMK laser (kobe + blocknet), but I would love this Dusk also :3 ! First world problem I guess x)
Mateeee, that's the ultimate combo - I'd be so content with that. Very much regret not getting in on laser :(

You can always change up until the 20th of April! Just send an email at support@rama.works if you want to do so (can just reply to the order confirmation email) :)
SA Oblivion will defs look good with any colour M60 really since it's grey-based :)

That's why I held off ordering moon, I was still debating if kuro or moon would be better. As soon as I saw the image of the anodization block Rama posted, I ordered moon. That grey is way darker than I thought and I really like that.

Yeah! It's really hard to tell until you see the ano blocks, super happy with the grey <3 _ <3

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 11:30:25 »
Rama, are you including your rama branded usb c cable with this?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:16:57 »
Rama, are you including your rama branded usb c cable with this?

Yep! Comes with the Rama USB A to C 1M cable :)

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 22:31:04 »
In for a Kuro M60-A! Now to play the waiting game and show off my endgame joy in a few months :D

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 05:42:04 »
In for a Kuro M60-A! Now to play the waiting game and show off my endgame joy in a few months :D

You gotta show me photos of it on your desk when you get it all set up :D

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 07:44:22 »

Oh absolutely! My entire desk is getting an overhaul over the next few months and I hope what I have in mind looks nice. It's all going to be hand made by myself so I might have to find a nice camera to borrow for an evening to get good pictures, I'm going for the professional home office look haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 07:47:30 »
really having  a hard time with deciding... 

I have:
SA chocolatier,
Miami Dolch DSA

On the way:
originative Keyboard & Co
olivia (if it hits moq)
necro (if it hits moq)

what color should I get? very slightly leaning to gray

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 07:52:25 »

I have:
SA chocolatier,
Miami Dolch DSA

On the way:
olivia (if it hits moq)
necro (if it hits moq)

Grey or black.

Personally I'm getting black only because I have a grey M65-A.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:19:56 »
In for some Moon Moon with all the options  :thumb:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 21:24:52 »

Oh absolutely! My entire desk is getting an overhaul over the next few months and I hope what I have in mind looks nice. It's all going to be hand made by myself so I might have to find a nice camera to borrow for an evening to get good pictures, I'm going for the professional home office look haha

Ohhh what you're making your own desk?? Definitely gotta show us when that's done :D Can't wait to see man!

I have:
SA chocolatier,
Miami Dolch DSA

On the way:
olivia (if it hits moq)
necro (if it hits moq)

With all those sets, I'd definitely say Moon, yeah :) Would work with all of those for sure, so can easily swap between

In for some Moon Moon with all the options  :thumb:

Solid choice!!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 00:07:22 »
I already bought Lake but that Moon is beautiful.

Also Rama, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is R2 M65-A ever going to happen? I don't need it to be soon but I'd like to know whether I should wait or scour through mechmarket.

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 00:46:25 »
Rama,

I need you to design a TKL, or better yet, a split keyboard similar to VE.A. I love your designs, but they are all too small for me  :(.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 01:34:54 »
Rama,

I need you to design a TKL, or better yet, a split keyboard similar to VE.A. I love your designs, but they are all too small for me  :(.

There's a Rama TKL coming later this year which will be sold at Originative, I think? Not sure about the vendor.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 04:55:23 »
Rama,

There's a Rama TKL coming later this year which will be sold at Originative, I think? Not sure about the vendor.

That’s also the info I saw.

Offline Stagione

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 05:18:07 »
I really want a Sage but so hard to find a keyset that matches with the green... and it's also not very flexible so I can't swap caps later :/

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 05:34:01 »
I really want a Sage but so hard to find a keyset that matches with the green... and it's also not very flexible so I can't swap caps later :/
I also consider sage, it is quite unique and very good looking, but I endup choosing moon wich is way more easy to associate. Sage will go nicely with any gray/beige vintage keyset I think

Offline mudcakehoney

Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 07:57:43 »
Not sure if at all possible but I’d love to see a breakdown of colours ordered, interested to see which way people have been swinging
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 March 2018, 08:16:20 by mudcakehoney »

Offline Funktion

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 10:03:30 »
Does Rama usually do a second round? Not sure I will have the funds to make this one but maybe in the future.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 10:30:07 »

it depends if you want to take a classic color or an exclusive color, black and gray are beautiful but many keyboards use these colors combination, sage is much rarer and it's perfect on the Rama m-60 imho

KMK Labs.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 April 2018, 13:53:41 by Kerasan »

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 15:06:13 »
Rama,

Found the info page https://rama.works/tkl-a/
Thanks for letting me know   ;D.

Offline Stagione

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 16:11:36 »
Not sure if at all possible but I’d love to see a breakdown of colours ordered, interested to see which way people have been swinging

Yes, I'd be interested to see this as well. I'd imagine probably Moon and Kuro to be the most popular.

it depends if you want to take a classic color or an exclusive color, black and gray are beautiful but many keyboards use these colors combination, sage is much rarer and it's perfect on the Rama m-60 imho

That's the thing. For a keyboard like M60-A which I can only afford one and it will probably not make another appearance, I want it to be an exclusive colour, but I want to be 100% sure before I pull the trigger also for the same reasons.