Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1701880 times)

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: DSA Retro Set (orders closed!)
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 04:27:52 »
My bad! Fixed!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 04:34:16 »
I'll try to find other ways to detect the country... maybe from a list of US States, but it's more work for me and it's not 100% fail safe.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 04:35:04 »
Many of the American orders do not have the country in the address field!

If you don't add the country you pay international shipping!

Matt3o let them pay what we pay, the gross amount of shipping charges....plus the eternal waiting for all the items to be delivered as it clears customs  ;D .

Lets share the transit misery all round  :-* .
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 04:36:37 by Elrick »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 06:23:54 »
Dear US residents

Many of the American orders do not have the country in the address field!

If you don't add the country you pay international shipping!

I will not add it for you. The order form says "remember the country!", that's also true for US residents.

F*&%#K YEAH!

Just to be clear, the address should look like:

Joe Blow
123 Any Street
Sunnyvale, CA 11111
U.S.A.

Is that correct? This is also great practice for future version of Matt3o's Groupbuy System -- fields that must be filled out, etc. Then we can move on to feature creep.  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 06:26:23 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 06:35:13 »
I use "UNITED STATES" instead of "USA"

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 06:40:19 »
It doesn't matter how you write it (USA, U.S.A., United Stated, ...). They all match.

My bad. I should have placed an extra field just for the country. Next time I'll do better.

ANYWAY

I've updated all of them checking the US State. The form will be back online soon, you just need to double check your address and your order.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #456 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 06:43:38 »
I use "UNITED STATES" instead of "USA"

You will be paying $75 for shipping to Brazil, sorry. Add drop down menus to the next version of the Matt3o GroupBuy OS. Do you think you'll go with Linux, or a self-rolled proprietary system? LOL
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Gus.s

« Reply #457 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 11:56:30 »
2 days late. Very sad.

Offline modulor

« Reply #458 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 15:22:39 »
Yeah...bummer I missed out on this.  I see this GB was pretty successful, so I think it's safe to say "There's always Round 2" :)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #459 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 18:17:10 »
I'm conjecturing wildly about what other colors would be good for a Round 2. Blue, obviously -- what about a salmon color? Question: how long do groupbuys normally take? A month, two months, three? How long will it take for this keyset to be made up, just as a wild guess (not holding anyone to a deadline). Sorry if I sound impatient; I'm really not -- just excited about these keys! I think they're gonna be completely kickass.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 18:18:55 by Krogenar »
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #460 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 18:38:35 »
Question: how long do groupbuys normally take? A month, two months, three?

We are trying to make this as fast as possible. If everything goes smooth 3-4 weeks for production + time for sorting kits + USPS time

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #461 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 18:39:23 »
Final cost published

Head to the order form and use your order ID to review your order. Send me a PM if you can't find your Order ID.

You'll find the final cost of your order. That includes shipping, expenses, SP errors and broken keycaps.

Notes
- The price list page still shows the keycaps raw cost as sold by Signature Plastics. This is for the sake of transparency.
- The final price may still vary during the next couple of days until the orders will be completely frozen.
- Please let me know if you see some weird results!
- The price does not include taxes for US, CA residents. If you live in California you are subject to an additional 8.625% before shipping.

What next (READ!)
- Review your personal info!
- You have another couple of days to change your order. BUT please don't abuse it, the orders should be considered final.
- If you want to cancel your order, do it NOW! The button says "Delete your order" and not "cancel" for a reason. The order is deleted, removed forever, no records taken, no question asked. Better to cancel it now that to not pay the invoice later.

Note to international residents (not-US). Note that USPS costs for a medium box is $60 and a small box ($24) only fits 170 keys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 18:44:17 by Matt3o »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #462 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:06:33 »

We are trying to make this as fast as possible. If everything goes smooth 3-4 weeks for production + time for sorting kits + USPS time

Considering Melissa has been telling me from day one for klaxon that production time is double what you've just said, I would give some leeway...

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #463 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:07:02 »
Any way to get a break down of the shipping/expenses/etc?

The "row costs" for mine were $69, now it's $85.  I'd be nice to see where that extra $ is going.  :)

Offline karljs

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:16:31 »

Considering Melissa has been telling me from day one for klaxon that production time is double what you've just said, I would give some leeway...

And the Round 4 caps have been "in production" for months now.  SP doesn't seem to just queue orders as they come in, though.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:19:37 »
I'm sure shipping to Canada is a lot less than $24.

Offline netdevil

« Reply #466 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:21:51 »
I have changed my address from a international address to a local address in the United States but the total cost does not reflect that change. Am I doing something wrong ? :confused:

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #467 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:33:08 »
I'm sure shipping to Canada is a lot less than $24.

Not really.  Shipping alone is ~$20 since it seems like they're using flat rate priority (good call, imo) and then there are supplies and time to take into consideration.

And the Round 4 caps have been "in production" for months now.  SP doesn't seem to just queue orders as they come in, though.

Considering that R4 had been taking in payments the entire time it's been "in production", I would bet true production times are started when they get their money, you know?

But either way, the point was more to shoot for the long time and getting more excitement when people get their caps in one month instead of 2.5-3...
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:34:59 by tjcaustin »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #468 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:55:35 »
Final cost published

You'll find the final cost of your order. That includes shipping, expenses, SP errors and broken keycaps.

Note to international residents (not-US). Note that USPS costs for a medium box is $60 and a small box ($24) only fits 170 keys.

Brilliant, yes my final cost has ballooned but still very happy to pay it.  Just let us know when Paypal payments will be required, my bank account is full and I want some soothing retail therapy (just like a woman, but with key-caps only).

Very nice how you mentioned everything about including the final price with shipping so that we don't get any surprises down the line when we pay.

Looking forward to it.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:09:29 »
Paypal has been cranky lately, so we are doing everything we can to follow the rules and keep them happy and out of our hair.  Part of that will be to ask large orderers to pay outside of PayPal. We are working on what exactly 'large' means and how payments will be made by those buyers.

At this moment, 'large' is defined as $350 or higher. That may change as we work the details out.

In any event, if you fall into this bucket you will be contacted directly and given further instructions.

FYI,

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #470 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:14:30 »

At this moment, 'large' is defined as $350 or higher. That may change as we work the details out.

In any event, if you fall into this bucket you will be contacted directly and given further instructions.

FYI,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Can you up the amount to $500 or higher as LARGE?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #471 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:40:01 »
Any way to get a break down of the shipping/expenses/etc?

The "row costs" for mine were $69, now it's $85.  I'd be nice to see where that extra $ is going.  :)
Yeah same here. Mine went from $170 to $202 and from what it says that is still subject to change? I would hope in a positive way...
 :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #472 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:47:21 »

Mine went from $170 to $202 and from what it says that is still subject to change? I would hope in a positive way...

Don't forget that includes shipping costs as well.  The costs on the actual keys are fixed it's just now Paypal doing it's best to gouge-the-hell out of us on this deal.

Dare I say it, they could possibly double the costs on this whole Group Buy and we are powerless to prevent it.  :o
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:49:11 by Elrick »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:55:12 »

Mine went from $170 to $202 and from what it says that is still subject to change? I would hope in a positive way...

Don't forget that includes shipping costs as well.  The costs on the actual keys are fixed it's just now Paypal doing it's best to gouge-the-hell out of us on this deal.

Dare I say it, they could possibly double the costs on this whole Group Buy and we are powerless to prevent it.  :o
This is very true. In the long run I don't mind the price right now, but if it gets any higher I might have to bow out. :(

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #474 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:58:00 »
woa, order cost jumped quite a bit wonder what triggered the huge jump, with consideration to shipping cost of course
Keyboardless

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #475 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:59:28 »
This is very true. In the long run I don't mind the price right now, but if it gets any higher I might have to bow out. :(

Yeah but the ONLY way to pay for all of this is using Paypal services.  They are the "Tony Soprano" of payment systems on the web.  Hence what ever 'Tony' wants he gets.

Plus SP is use to dealing with Paypal in general, hence when there is the possibility of using another payment system I think Melissa would bale on us.

It's just the way it is when we buy Key-caps in Group Buys they are never cheap, and now you know why.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:19:20 by Elrick »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #476 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:01:41 »
WHAAA???
Mine went up by over 30 dollars  :eek: :eek: :eek:
And I'm not international!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:03:20 by metalliqaz »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #477 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:05:01 »
Weird, mine has only gone up ~$12.

Offline mickd

« Reply #478 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:14:54 »
WHAAA???
Mine went up by over 30 dollars  :eek: :eek: :eek:
And I'm not international!

Sounds like the system is picking yours up as international for some reason.

Offline Sai

« Reply #479 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:16:52 »
mine went up by 33 usd. but not that bad considering shipping fees, sorting fees, etc.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #480 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:36:07 »
I'll double check.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #481 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:37:43 »
Seems like $33ish is around the magic number in terms of shipping and extra costs. The only problem is I only bought $35 worth of keycaps (alpha + extra blanks, which covers an ergodox), so shipping is 100% of the product cost for me. :S

Is there any chance alternative shipping options can be arranged if that's the main component of the extra cost? As it is right now, it's a bit hard to swallow.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #482 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:39:59 »
mine went up by 33 usd. but not that bad considering shipping fees, sorting fees, etc.
But if you compare that to the Klaxon fees (which included a little extra for a good job), it's a little steep.
I also made sure mine was listed as USA!!! :rolleyes:

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #483 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:40:38 »
Mine "jumped", but I thought pretty reasonably.

It was originally just caps. Now it covers shipping, paypal fees, and my piece of the extra costs/work.  So when I look at what I ordered and the total, it seems like a fair price in comparison to other sets.  Plus, they're the best looking and most interesting set I've seen in a while.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:55:22 »
Just double checked, mine went up by exactly 40.98.  Seems a bit steep for domestic shipping...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:00:32 »
Yeah, mine went up by $32 for a domestic order as well. 15% jump seems a bit high.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #486 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:07:14 »
Just double checked, mine went up by exactly 40.98.  Seems a bit steep for domestic shipping...
Make sure the last line of your address is USA

[)amien

Offline Sai

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:24:01 »
But if you compare that to the Klaxon fees (which included a little extra for a good job), it's a little steep.
I also made sure mine was listed as USA!!! :rolleyes:
yea. its a little higher than Klaxon though.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:42:24 »
Shipping &cet. is +$15 for me.  Seems legit.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:43:21 »
Mine was around $15 as well.
Looking for CC's!

Offline wasabah

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:47:29 »
32USD for me, small international order.
Maybe I'll add more keys, simply to justify the shipping/additional cost.
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline wasabah

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:56:53 »
I was just wondering: I only ordered keys to fit my ErgoDox.
Is there somebody else from Germany who doesn't have ordered many keys?
That way we could combine our order (if we stay below the 170 keys) and save on shipping!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:58:51 by wasabah »
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #492 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:00:35 »
$30 for int seems reasonable.

$30 for us, not so much. 

But remember that it was mentioned earlier that most of us USers forgot to put our country in the address field and that while he extrapolated what he could from the state, there would be overlooked people and if it didn't say USA, then there would be international shipping charged.  American Dollars to Italian doughnuts, that's where the jumps are coming from.

Seems like $33ish is around the magic number in terms of shipping and extra costs. The only problem is I only bought $35 worth of keycaps (alpha + extra blanks, which covers an ergodox), so shipping is 100% of the product cost for me. :S

Is there any chance alternative shipping options can be arranged if that's the main component of the extra cost? As it is right now, it's a bit hard to swallow.

Unfortunately, USPS still sees Canada as "far away land" and charges international pricing similar to if it was shipped overseas.

Offline wasabah

« Reply #493 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:04:00 »
Btw, the return key(s) in the tenkeyless set are what size? 2.0? 2.25?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #494 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:08:04 »
Well I just checked my order and it definitely has USA!!!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #495 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:12:45 »
Mine too.  In fact it seems it was changed from "UNITED STATES" to "USA" for me, so that isn't the problem.  I'm starting to think that there is a flat 15% increase on all orders, with addition cost for international orders.  Honeymoon is over.  I'm still going to pay it, but I'm not going to feel good about it.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #496 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:16:43 »
I remember in the order forum, if you didn't put USA, it was assumed that it was international so thus the $33 charge

Gotta read the fine print bro
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:17:56 »
I'm fairly sure there's something going on as I'm sure I'm not the only one paying a more than reasonable surcharge for shipping and handling that lives in the US.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #498 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:20:42 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline wasabah

« Reply #499 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:21:11 »
Well, it was said from the beginning that the prices were not final.
Also it was noted that they would order additional "backup" keys.
And I remember there being some talks about buying some molds?