Author Topic: [IC] SP SA Carbon R3  (Read 44169 times)

Offline source

Re: [IC] SP SA Carbon R3
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 15:17:29 »
Sad to see no umka mods. Any chance of having those in the Bone/Boneyard gb?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 15:22:23 »
When Bone/Boneyard SP SA happens, i will look into it. From first sight that might be doable.

Offline source

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 15:28:15 »
When Bone/Boneyard SP SA happens, i will look into it. From first sight that might be doable.
Thanks! :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 16:24:08 »

+1 for SA Umka
Will keep quiet about skull backspace nov until then. That's hard for me.

Offline WorldExclusive

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 15:29:01 »
Interested. I have a cheap version of this set, so it would be good to get the real thing.
Leopold TKL White w/ Red Switches and Red on Black DS Caps

Offline rowie

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 18:46:22 »
So exciting! Anyone know if SA Oblivion monochrome mods will work with Carbon bone? I wasn’t able to get the bone extra mods kit but Instead I’ve managed to get three kits of rolling bones from all the keycap recap throughout the years.  :)) Still, it’s nice to know T0mb3ry is considering an SA Boneyard drop in the future so maybe in the end I’ll get to expand my bone TKL mods for other layouts someday. For now my only option is SA Oblivion, and I’ve heard the grey is the same as Carbon but not the white, not sure if it is noticeable if I take a few caps here and there and mix it with my TKL bone mods to be able to use it in say a tsangan layout.

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 19:12:58 »
So exciting! Anyone know if SA Oblivion monochrome mods will work with Carbon bone? I wasn’t able to get the bone extra mods kit but Instead I’ve managed to get three kits of rolling bones from all the keycap recap throughout the years.  :)) Still, it’s nice to know T0mb3ry is considering an SA Boneyard drop in the future so maybe in the end I’ll get to expand my bone TKL mods for other layouts someday. For now my only option is SA Oblivion, and I’ve heard the grey is the same as Carbon but not the white, not sure if it is noticeable if I take a few caps here and there and mix it with my TKL bone mods to be able to use it in say a tsangan layout.

I’ve seen the GMK equivalent and I think your ideas got legs. The bone vs white is noticeable if you look for it but the gestalt works.

Offline rowie

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 20:52:15 »
I’ve seen the GMK equivalent and I think your ideas got legs. The bone vs white is noticeable if you look for it but the gestalt works.

That’s good to know. I just need a smaller shift key and some 1u fn keys and the rest I can cover with rolling bones clover and spade for the 1.5u mods. Sounds good. I’ll keep watch of this thread since I find T0mb3ry drops fascinating as usual.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:01:52 by rowie »

Offline rowie

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 21:04:57 »

I’ll just leave this here. The good old times. I need to use my Carbon in my new recent board.

Offline ifohancroft

• root
    • IFo Hancroft
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 01:18:00 »
I'd love an ErgoDox kit. I am still trying to collect a full set from SA Carbon R2 and I have a feeling it may be hard to find the ErgoDox kits so having it in the R3 would be great for me. I may end up making a mishmash of R2 and R3 for the kits that are the same.

P.S. Love the fact that this time you are going for 343211 as opposed to 443211.

P.P.S. SP SA forever!
P.P.P.S. SA Carbon forever! (I've tried to design the perfect keycap set for me and I just can't come up with anything I like more than SA Carbon)
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 01:20:04 by ifohancroft »
I like to make, break & modify stuff via a soldering iron, code or both.

Offline consumer

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 08:29:12 »
I'd love an ErgoDox kit. I am still trying to collect a full set from SA Carbon R2 and I have a feeling it may be hard to find the ErgoDox kits so having it in the R3 would be great for me. I may end up making a mishmash of R2 and R3 for the kits that are the same.

P.S. Love the fact that this time you are going for 343211 as opposed to 443211.

P.P.S. SP SA forever!
P.P.P.S. SA Carbon forever! (I've tried to design the perfect keycap set for me and I just can't come up with anything I like more than SA Carbon)
I second support for ErgoDox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrisJoy

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 02:53:10 »
So, the triangle arrows were cancelled?

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 04:15:59 »
how about Carbonski dual alphas?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 04:22:50 »
how about Carbonski dual alphas?

Too many options (there are already three alphas available) would lower the chance of hitting higher MOQs thus i'd like to keep amount of kits as low as possible.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 11:45:47 »
Deskmat Update
I did not mentioned before probably. The deskmats will be available in November in following stores:

- Added Toxic Skull deskmat

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 12:32:43 »
awesome deskmat. Looking forward to GMK Toxic.

Offline desipalen

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 13:00:06 »
No ergo kit?
So sad about the lack of ergo support.

Unfortunately the Ergo kits don't do well lately so i decided to skip it.

P.P.S. SP SA forever!

Throwing my hat in for the Ergo support.  Really wish they'd do better.  Been so many GBs that we just miss out on b/c of the lack of support. Had to switch to a 40% to get any love and still don't see a lot of love there.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:31:40 »
Check out that patented grey this guy has going on.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 15:10:54 »
Looking forward to SA Toxic...  :eek:

On a serious note, have you considered adding 3u bars to the spacebar kits? Please and thank you :pray:

Offline gaustin

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 16:43:43 »
Any chance of a Mac mod kit for this run? Since the bottom row is a different profile, you can't just grab the R2 kit from mechmarket...

Offline rowie

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 17:21:46 »
[mention]T0mb3ry [/mention] I dedicate this arrangement to you. I can never decide between regular Carbon and Bones so I pretty much combine it every time to do Carbon Bones.

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 18:44:02 »
Nice setup rowie. Love those hammer skulls.

I bought the blacksimon iso 1 key macropad solely for rolling bones iso enter

Offline ifohancroft

• root
    • IFo Hancroft
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 18:55:55 »
@rowie Nice!
I have this Hammer SA Carbon Artisan but in the Row 3 version.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2020, 20:52:43 by ifohancroft »
I like to make, break & modify stuff via a soldering iron, code or both.

Offline yqliang

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 19:39:42 »
I have R2 but figured out I did not have enough child kit with the keyboard lineup expansion. Will definitely go all in for this round!  :cool:
Nightfox Zealios 65g | Input Club K-Type Halo True | CM Masterkeys Pro S MX Brown x Norbauer Case | SA Carbon | SA Hyperfuse | XDA MiTo Godspeed | DSA K Bares Miami Dolch | ePBT WoB
Want: Satisfaction 75 | Space65 | GMK Dot

Offline swyte

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 21:01:23 »
The keycaps that got me interested in MK, definitely going to be picking up a set!

Offline aWarmWalrus

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 12:37:40 »

P.P.S. SP SA forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I THIRD support for Ergodox. especially after seeing that picture of Rowie's ergo with Carbon--it just looks so sweet.

Offline ChrisJoy

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 01:31:56 »
Hi, will there be a GB access in China?

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 01:47:10 »
Can we have orange alphas as an option?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline violeaf

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 03:27:47 »
Hi T0mb3ry, is there a back story for the set? I've checked the GMK and R2 posts on GH and can't seem to see any. It's been such an iconic set, just quite curious about your inspiration / origin of the design  ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 03:49:11 »
Hi T0mb3ry, is there a back story for the set? I've checked the GMK and R2 posts on GH and can't seem to see any. It's been such an iconic set, just quite curious about your inspiration / origin of the design  ;D
There is no real back story for Carbon theme. I used the color scheme back in the days in Need for Speed games from the point where NFS introduced matte paints. So the color scheme was first there. The inspiration for theme "Carbon" (chemical element) came from sets like Granite or Graphite which is in my opinion have an elegant theme instead of lifting a theme from existing franchise (movies, games or whatever). The set has nothing to do with Half Life game but I introduced the Lambda because there was a request by some users in the very first interest check for Half Life lambda.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 05:16:06 »
There is no real back story for Carbon theme. I used the color scheme back in the days in Need for Speed games from the point where NFS introduced matte paints. So the color scheme was first there. The inspiration for theme "Carbon" (chemical element) came from sets like Granite or Graphite which is in my opinion have an elegant theme instead of lifting a theme from existing franchise (movies, games or whatever). The set has nothing to do with Half Life game but I introduced the Lambda because there was a request by some users in the very first interest check for Half Life lambda.

Very interesting, love that it's more complex than just copying something existing

Offline harlekein

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 08:58:51 »

You don't need an origin story. It's not a superhero. It's keycaps.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 09:21:31 »

How do you know? Maybe it's parents died and now this set has sworn to protect other innocent sets from aftermarket price gougers?! 

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline violeaf

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 10:14:18 »

No you don't need one, but it's a nice thought

Frankly you don't NEED most things in your life, what are we doing here based on needs??

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 10:16:03 »
I’m down for carbonski alphas at least. Would pair well with other sets and great with Oblivion.

Offline carebe

• Kier Borromeo
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 20:44:02 »
Take my money, let's go!

Offline Gimbal

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 01:22:25 »
Oh there is no hurry, the Norde kit is still is missing.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 13:34:19 »
I know it may be a moot point and there are already too many alpha kits, but without orange alphas Carbon is not complete for me. Please reconsider, atleast SP doesnt require high moq unlike GMK. I am pretty sure if offered it will meet the moq.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 13:53:59 »
I know it may be a moot point and there are already too many alpha kits, but without orange alphas Carbon is not complete for me. Please reconsider, atleast SP doesnt require high moq unlike GMK. I am pretty sure if offered it will meet the moq.

Seconded

Offline bluefacedbeast

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 18:20:54 »
I love this set and am excited about the ability to get one. I might be in the minority but I much prefer the solid triangle arrow keys offered last time to the thinner arrows or the default text arrows. Thanks for offering this again.

Offline Sunhwan Jeong

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 23:37:14 »

I always thought this LLOYD'S calculator was the inspiration for this keycap, but it's interesting to note that it was NFS :eek:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 02:17:20 »
I'll look how current SP SA Oblivion V2 will end and depending on that
i might introduce Bones kits (mods, numpad and Rolling Bones) and probably ergodox kit.

But again that is not set in stone and is not guaranteed to happen.

I always thought this LLOYD'S calculator was the inspiration for this keycap, but it's interesting to note that it was NFS :eek:

Well NFS was not the inspiration. You are allowed in NFS to paint your car as you like. It's like saying Gimp, Paint, Photoshop or any other graphics edit Software are inspiration of each artist who use them  :))

Offline pcire

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 02:30:19 »
Gotta put those oblivion orders in!

I need those bones kits!

Offline gaustin

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 03:59:23 »
I’m all in for Bones. Honestly one of my all time favorite looks and I’d love to have it in SA.

Offline x_mister

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 05:06:17 »
any chance to get those Double Modifiers Arrow Keys in the normal Modifiers Kit or as an extra kit?

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 19:43:00 »
ne rama or salvun novelty plans?
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline ChrisJoy

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 22:56:45 »
Hi T0mb3ry. Really hope the classic triangle arrow kit can return in R3 GB. Pleeeeeeeease consider this.

Offline ThuyPN

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 08:45:32 »
Hi T0m, I have orange alphas and modifiers kit r2. I have plans to buy numpad kit r3
So, can I mix enter of numpad kit r3 with modifier r2 for a fullsize keyboard? It's differences is 112344 and 112343.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 09:05:27 »
From a buyer's perspective(and my wallet). Is there a chance you could add an extra TAB to the modifier kit? From the looks of it, it could definitely support two layout(HHKB and TKL) if the extra TAB is added. This way, people could split the kit with someone rather than have most of it lying around unused. This could also boost the sales for alphas.

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 07:09:24 »
This is finally going to happen! I despise MM and the price gouging. great to see T0mb3ry adding SA for R3. I've got a transparent orange acrylic case these are going in.