Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!  (Read 277553 times)

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [IC] GMK Unit-01 (Formerly GMK Kaijū)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 17:21:32 »
Any updates? Still pretty hyped for this set, and I think the awakened alphas child-kit is a great idea.

Offline GeekGuy

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 21:44:00 »
I’d like to see this one happen. Really good looking set.

Offline xef

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 19:23:14 »
Love this, especially that esc novelty.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 22:04:00 »
I can't believe OP is not taking advantage of NGE's debut on Netflix to move this along :)

Offline FU11.META1

Re: [IC] GMK Unit-01 - Rev. 03
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 17:57:03 »
Hey GH sorry to leave you in the dark for a month I had to take a break from the project for vacation, but outside of that I have been working hard on the third and hopefully final revision of the set. Thank you for bearing with me through this learning experience and all the massive changes that have happened in the IC thus far.

Novelties mock-ups are complete along with the latest and hopefully final revision of kits. It took longer than expected this time because, I'll admit, revising the set for a third time kind of demoralized me. I was sitting on my hands trying to figure out how to put everything together perfectly. But, I think it was worth it in the end since there are a few revisions and fixes that might not have happened otherwise. Everything is still tentative and some kits could possibly be cut or combined for when the GB actually happens.

Please let me know what you think of all the changes, there are too many to list but the main ones are:
-Eliminating grey from the set
-Changing from Violet C Pantone to 267 C Pantone
-Novelty Kit
-Text mod kit
-Red and orange mod kits
-Numpad absorbed into base kit
-New font and graphics
-New Banner

This will be the last round of IC, so if there is anything you would like to see added or changed to the set now would be the time to use your voice.

If people are still conflicted about the colors I can make a new poll to settle it. I received a Pantone sample for 267 last week along with an officially licensed Eva Unit-01 model and Its pretty close to a perfect match.

New renders will be put up shortly.

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 18:00:22 »
Holy **** yes!!!!!

Offline snarfel

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 18:49:00 »
omg this looks much better and absolutely amazing. Still rooting for an ErgoDox kit. :'(

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 19:07:53 »
congration u done it

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 19:16:47 »
Yep, This is it.

Offline Grayness

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 19:23:11 »
Great job on the latest revision! Is there any possibility of fitting a R4 PgDn key in the base kit?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 22:18:20 »
This (Without being a ****) puts any other Eva set to shame. This is amazing. In for Base, Test and Type-S.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 23:32:08 »
Would much rather have numpad as a separate kit, but other than that everything looks great!

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 23:35:07 »
The Mod Types looks good!

Offline despairsray

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 23:56:42 »
Does the Mod Nerv Esc key not have the text "esc" anymore? It looks somewhat incomplete in the new revision since half of the logo is empty.

Everything else looks great!

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 00:14:42 »
Does the Mod Nerv Esc key not have the text "esc" anymore? It looks somewhat incomplete in the new revision since half of the logo is empty.

I agree the nerv mod without any text looks a bit "empty". Other than that I'll take one of everything thank you.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 00:33:45 »
My wants:

1. Pure hiragana legends kit pleeeeeeeeeeeeease
2. NERV writing back into that novelty, it looks empty without it
3. More novelties for other angels like Matarael and Sandalphon
4. (pipe dream) Eva mech spread over multiple keys, like in the Noctilocous set. Would probably cost enough to warrant a new kit for it.

Honestly though, I'd buy as is right now, the kits look good to me. Thanks for all the hard work.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 01:19:31 »
Like with many other sets, full icon mods is a 100% deal breaker for me. Good luck with the IC and GB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 01:33:26 »
There is a text mod kit for the bottom row that you might want to consider  ;)

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 01:50:30 »

I agree the nerv mod without any text looks a bit "empty". Other than that I'll take one of everything thank you.

Yeah I changed it, someone said it looked cheesy and also it limits where you can place it. It does look off without something, I will probably add the ESC back or something else cause of the response here.

omg this looks much better and absolutely amazing. Still rooting for an ErgoDox kit. :'(

Great job on the latest revision! Is there any possibility of fitting a R4 PgDn key in the base kit?

Ill think about these.

My wants:

4. (pipe dream) Eva mech spread over multiple keys, like in the Noctilocous set. Would probably cost enough to warrant a new kit for it.

Honestly though, I'd buy as is right now, the kits look good to me. Thanks for all the hard work.

1. No guarantees.
2. See above.
3. I went over each angel and I chose these because they were the most iconic and recognizable in keycap form. I would have liked to do a key for each angel but some just wont look right as a key and its a bit overkill. I might add one or two by making a poll and letting the community choose which angel(s) to add.
4. Cool idea but not happening, it wouldn't look right with doubleshot.

5. Thanks  ;)

Like with many other sets, full icon mods is a 100% deal breaker for me. Good luck with the IC and GB.

I guess this set is not for you then my friend, although as said I did add the Text mod kit for people that like them.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 02:40:17 »

Yeah I changed it, someone said it looked cheesy and also it limits where you can place it. It does look off without something, I will probably add the ESC back or something else cause of the response here.

Ill think about these.

My wants:

1. No guarantees.
2. See above.
3. I went over each angel and I chose these because they were the most iconic and recognizable in keycap form. I would have liked to do a key for each angel but some just wont look right as a key and its a bit overkill. I might add one or two by making a poll and letting the community choose which angel(s) to add.
4. Cool idea but not happening, it wouldn't look right with doubleshot.

5. Thanks  ;)

I guess this set is not for you then my friend, although as said I did add the Text mod kit for people that like them.

Cheers on the reply. I'm super ready for this set and I think it'll be the first set that i plan to purchase every kit.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 03:00:43 »

[/quote]

It's all good. I'll keep an eye out just in case.

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Unit-01 - Rev. 03
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 13:20:47 »
My god you did it you mad man. These look beautiful.
As the guy who complained about the gray alphas, I did feel kinda bad about giving you extra work, but wow, that colorway.
Just one thing: I’m a bit worried about the amount of kits you got here. For ex, is the orange Mod Type really necessary?
Either way, I’m in.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 15:48:25 »
I personally prefer text mods on sets but I think icon mods fit here thematically

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 19:03:46 »
Oh, those alphas are NICE!

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 20:05:12 »
I am still ALLLL INNNNN

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 17:12:52 »
My god you did it you mad man. These look beautiful.
As the guy who complained about the gray alphas, I did feel kinda bad about giving you extra work, but wow, that colorway.
Just one thing: I’m a bit worried about the amount of kits you got here. For ex, is the orange Mod Type really necessary?
Either way, I’m in.
No worries, I think it was worth it. Yeah I know there are a large amount of kits and more than I wanted to run initially. The colored and text mod kits are all things that were specifically requested by multiple people. I might condense and combine them with other kits if necessary.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 18:54:53 »
For ex, is the orange Mod Type really necessary?

Yes, orange mod Type are 100% necessary. AHH! :-X

Or, at least a little orange. I've got nice things waiting for this set. Might do this instead of GMK Wavez!

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 21:19:22 »

Or, at least a little orange. I've got nice things waiting for this set. Might do this instead of GMK Wavez!

Show Image

Looks like a familiar sculpt, the artisan. Can I ask who the maker is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 22:05:06 »

Show Image

Hunger Work Studio

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 22:07:37 »

Show Image

Hunger Work Studio

Ah, yes! Thank you.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 00:06:23 »
The purple alphas definitely say Evangelion, but I will really miss the grey of the original concept. I thought the theme stood on it's own without being purely unit 01 themed. Loving the artisans, the Angels in particular are spot on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 July 2019, 01:50:13 by lakeboredom »

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 04:21:26 »
The purple alphas definitely say Evangelion, but I will really miss the grey of the original concept. I thought the theme stood on it's own without being purely unit 01 themed. Loving the artisans, the Angels in particular are spot on.
Sigh, you and me both.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 04:47:05 »
I'd buy a childkit with grey alphas for sure. But I'd prefer the original grey in the basekit. A side kit with purple alphas would make moq from all the Eva fans.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 08:27:05 »
I'd buy a childkit with grey alphas for sure. But I'd prefer the original grey in the basekit. A side kit with purple alphas would make moq from all the Eva fans.
When you think of Eva, grey is the very first color that came to your mind?
I find that hard to believe.

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 08:35:42 »
Nope. Lol, green an purp alldeway!

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 08:44:58 »
Nope. Lol, green an purp alldeway!

Yeah, Can't have an Eva 01 set without purple and green in the base.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 13:45:59 »
Grey made sense when this was GMK Kaiju. Not for unit 01.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 18:37:01 »
Welp, one day I'll be ready to make my own keyset. le sigh..

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 21:49:21 »
I didn't want this to be like one of those anime shoe collabs where you wouldn't know the source material unless you had it explained to you.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 23:07:10 »
I guess I'm in the minority but I miss the older version with grey alphas. New one doesn't flow as well imo.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 09:49:45 »
Like the new colorway a lot better. Still waiting for 3d renders. Hiragana only set would be cool but if it's too much I understand.

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 14:30:39 »
Like the new colorway a lot better. Still waiting for 3d renders. Hiragana only set would be cool but if it's too much I understand.

Thanks, I'll be working on renders all this weekend, I could show what I have now but I would like to get a few new boards done so I can show off more of the kits at once.

In the mean time I made a new poll if you would like to choose a bonus novelty for me to do, I will make a R1 1u novelty for the one that gets the most votes:
https://forms.gle/1oJexY8Y2GDJMiCNA

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 18:57:00 »
The first 10ish minutes of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 got premiered at an anime expo in France. I hope Unit 01 is successful enough to expand all the way to Unit 08  :))

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 21:19:10 »
The only thing that would make this better is if you you were to introduce Rows R0 -R5

Offline stolenweapon

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 00:19:49 »
need this
OTD 356CL Black | 2x OTD 356CL Gunmetal | OTD 356.2 Factory Gray Ano 1/2 | 2x OTD 356.2 Blue Grey | 2x OTD 356mini Military Green | 5x OTD 356mini Red | OTD 356mini Black | 9x OTD 360C Apple Silver | 2x OTD 360C Hyper Grey | OTD 356L | 2x OTD 356N MKII Black | OTD 456GT Pink & Black | 3x OTD 356 Pad (2x Black, 1x Military Green) | 2x OTD Koala WKL Silver & Black | OTD Koala WK Silver & Black

TGR Jane V2 Pink Prototype 1/1 | TGR Jane V2 1/2 Brushed Toblerone Weight | 8x TGR Jane V2 | 6x TGR Jane CE V2 | TGR 910RE | TGR 910 VKC | TGR Alice Purple 1/5 | TGR Alice Red | TGR-03 | TGR Tris

LZ-SE | 3x LZ-RE | LZ-CP | LZ-MP SE

Keycult No.2 Stainless Steel | 2x KMAC Happy | 2x DK Saver MX & Alps

Offline Eastji

• draw 2 cards
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:33:14 »
The revisions are insane, I will buy literally everything in the GB with some multiples.

Offline amuri99

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 19:47:51 »
I like eva. need this

Offline FU11.META1

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 02:29:17 »
+7.11.19 Update
 -New renders added
 -R4 pg up, pg dn, and 1.75 lock added to Test Unit kit
 -Type R and O kits condensed into Type S kit

Fresh hot renders! I will get some bigger board renders done eventually but you get the idea.

I decided to gut the Mod type R and O kits as suggested and combine them with the main novelty kit. This way you don"t have to buy an extra kit for one orange or red accent novelty key.

I'm also on the fence about the berserk alpha kit tbh. It's kind of pulling away from the theme when I think a pure Hiragana kit or pure English kit might fit better here. The poll question in the IC form is a close tie for all 3. But I'm curious to hear what others think.

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2019, 02:54:28 by FU11.META1 »

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 05:43:32 »
Loving the combined novelties. I wasn't planning to get a planck kit since I don't like GMK on ortho 40%, but after seeing the renders I'm seriously reconsidering.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 06:04:59 »
+7.11.19 Update
 -New renders added
 -R4 pg up, pg dn, and 1.75 lock added to Test Unit kit
 -Type R and O kits condensed into Type S kit

Fresh hot renders! I will get some bigger board renders done eventually but you get the idea.

I decided to gut the Mod type R and O kits as suggested and combine them with the main novelty kit. This way you don"t have to buy an extra kit for one orange or red accent novelty key.

I'm also on the fence about the berserk alpha kit tbh. It's kind of pulling away from the theme when I think a pure Hiragana kit or pure English kit might fit better here. The poll question in the IC form is a close tie for all 3. But I'm curious to hear what others think.
Show Image

Show Image

Love the combining of the novelties, makes it less taxing on the wallet... Even more reason to buy all sets!