Author Topic: [GB] Keykobo Beige & Dolch | CANCELLED  (Read 9779 times)

Offline Mangas

[GB] Keykobo Beige & Dolch | CANCELLED
« on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 19:40:23 »
CANCELLED / FAILED TO MEET MOQ

KEYKOBO BEIGE & DOLCH

Hello everyone!
I'm very happy to present to you something that I have been working on for a little while . I recently found out about a new keycap manufacturer called Keykobo and I became really interested in running some classic colorways with them following their WoB and BoW releases .

Group Buy Dates:
September 2nd 2022 to October 3rd 2022

Estimated lead time ~3 Months after Group Buy end from Keykobo to Vendors

Vendors: (Links will be added as each of the vendors group buys go live)
USA: Mechs & Co
Canada : Ashkeebs
EU: Keygem
Oceania: DailyClack
SEA: ZionStudios
UK : Prototypist
China / International : zFrontier
KR : Geon.works (Naver and Global Store links are below)
Naver store base kits
Naver store add-on kits
Geonworks Global Store
Pricing: (Pricing will be updated as each of the vendors group buys go live)

Information
Lead Time : ~3 Months after Group Buy end from Keykobo to Vendors .
Profile: Cherry
Material: ABS Doubleshot (Only exception are pad printed windowed keys in the extension kit)
Colors: Beige (U9 / L9 / CR) , Dolch (N9 / CC / CP) , CMYK (MG1 / TU2 / CV / DY / V2 / CR) , CMYW (MG1 / TU2 / CV / DY / V2 / CP)
Manufacturer: Keykobo

Kitting:

Beige & Dolch Base Kits

Beige & Dolch Extension Kits

CMYK & CMYW Add-on Kits

Renders:

Phoenix by Cable Car Designs

Frog by Geonworks

TGR 910 by Yuktsi

Dalco 959 Mini by Hand Engineering

Update Log :

2/9/2022 v1.0 : GB Thread Posted , waiting for vendors to go live

Discord : Mangas#4103
Special thanks to:
Keykobo for being patient with me
Ankit for being awesome and allowing me to run the CMYW kit (Please check out GMK WoB Essentials)
mcmcmc for being awesome and allowing me to run the CMYK kit (Please check out  GMK Beige Addon & Extension)
All the vendors for picking up this project and to all the people who helped me with the kitting and last but not least to all the people who support this project .
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 October 2022, 08:06:16 by Mangas »

Offline Mangas

Reserved , currently waiting for vendor's GB pages to go live and will update the thread accordingly

Offline Mangas

GB is live for :

Canada : Ashkeebs
EU: Keygem
UK : Prototypist
KR : Geon.works
Naver store base kits
Naver store add-on kits
Geonworks Global Store

DailyClack is now also live
Oceania: DailyClack

6/9/2022
ZionStudio is now live
SEA: ZionStudios

Waiting for the rest of the vendors to go live and will update accordingly

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2022, 10:26:06 by Mangas »

Offline rookb

Sad to see no change to terminal in base or appearing in the extensions kit, hope the quality turns out well with that price tag.

Offline Mangas

Sad to see no change to terminal in base or appearing in the extensions kit, hope the quality turns out well with that price tag.
I would have gone with terminal ISO in base from the get go if I knew the molds for it existed when I started making the base kit . I considered it heavily when you posted your comment on the IC but ultimately decided to keep the base kits unchanged . I agree I probably should have added it in extensions but it flew over my head completely since there was so much work to do , I have asked myself many times if I have missed anything and unfortunately this was a thing that I didn't think of . I really do hope the quality turns out to be great as well.

Offline Arrinura

Apparently in Ashkeebs' website, the base kit for Dolch includes teal accents. Is that actually the updated render?

Offline Mangas

Apparently in Ashkeebs' website, the base kit for Dolch includes teal accents. Is that actually the updated render?

Show Image

There has been a mistake from Ashkeebs , I will talk to them about it , the final renders is as in the GB thread here .

Offline JQ27

I would have gone with terminal ISO in base from the get go if I knew the molds for it existed when I started making the base kit . I considered it heavily when you posted your comment on the IC but ultimately decided to keep the base kits unchanged . I agree I probably should have added it in extensions but it flew over my head completely since there was so much work to do , I have asked myself many times if I have missed anything and unfortunately this was a thing that I didn't think of . I really do hope the quality turns out to be great as well.

On the flip side, just picked up a full set of kits for myself with the UK-ISO support. Would be very interesting to see if Keykobo can run expanded language kits at much more reasonable prices than another double-shot ABS key cap maker.

Offline Mangas

I am happy to update everyone that Mechs & Co page is now live
USA: Mechs & Co

Offline Mangas

zFrontier is now live too :
China / International : zFrontier

All vendors are live  :)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
For anyone interested, Mechs & Co. is still live (but maybe ending today?) - https://mechsandco.com/collections/current-group-buys/products/beige-dolch-keycaps

Offline Mangas

Re: [GB] Keykobo Beige & Dolch | CANCELLED
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 08:04:04 »
Hello everyone I regret to inform you that this project has been cancelled due to not reaching the MOQ . 

I want to thank all vendors who agreed to run this and apologize to the customers for the inconvenience , thank you for supporting the project  , refunds shall start soon from each vendor .

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 10:50:05 »
Hello everyone I regret to inform you that this project has been cancelled due to not reaching the MOQ . 

I want to thank all vendors who agreed to run this and apologize to the customers for the inconvenience , thank you for supporting the project  , refunds shall start soon from each vendor .

Can you share with us what the MOQ was?

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 October 2022, 07:46:44 »

sad to see this one fail while sets with way worse kitting get bought out

Offline Zini.Ethan

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 18:26:22 »

That's a bummer, they were such a competitive price. The gmk CYMK addon is out on GB now but it's over twice the price.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 19:09:21 »
I know. I actually put money into this, but it got cancelled. So I have to go with GMK for 2x the price. Hope the quality is worth it!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 02:38:33 »
any chance to run just the CMYK & CMYW Add-on Kits?
it is gonna sell like hot cakes

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 10:51:39 »
any chance to run just the CMYK & CMYW Add-on Kits?
it is gonna sell like hot cakes
keykobo gigachad is being produced as we speak

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 23:38:40 »

[/quote]

o really, any idea on the time frame? going to be in stock buy i assume?

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 15:06:05 »

o really, any idea on the time frame? going to be in stock buy i assume?
[/quote]

Yes, according to ankit it is going to be instock. It is in production since 2/6/2023.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 22:36:06 »
Yes, according to ankit it is going to be instock. It is in production since 2/6/2023.

cool, they would probably arrive alot sooner than the current GMK ones