Author Topic: KeyForge  (Read 2182029 times)

Offline Taylorisg

KeyForge - T-**** Contest
« Reply #2350 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:47:37 »
I've got my design idea, but I can't post until I get home from work. I'm assuming that entries close at midnight today KST (Keyforge Standard Time)...

Yeah I'll let people enter until midnight tonight MDT, and then no further entries will be permitted. Still need to figure out a good fair way to let people vote.

I honestly think that the only fair way to vote for this is that you (KF) will vote the winner, maybe even with the help of family/friends/etc... 

The "let people vote" thing imho is abusable and difficult to resolve: 

• The current entries should be around 22-23 and the amount of unique people voting for this would be let's say 100 max.  Even with 200-300 people voting, if someone will abuse voting for himself let's say 10 times, it would change the final verdict. 
  • Entering by mail is abusable.
  • Entering by IP should still be abusable (?)
  • Entering by community name (gh, reddit,...) adding restrictions, for example 2 months account, etc.. etc.. would still be abusable, you know people voting for a friend design for example. Or for example if i post my design somewhere, for example telegram groups, discord groups, other groups, my design could take free votes
  • Everything = abusable

In a nutshell what i think is that whatever vote-system you could think of, it could be exploitable somehow, i mean this was a contest with a nice prize, basically something that people who entered wants, people had to design something, some of these entries toke hours (i'm not fast in this, mine toke 4+ hours) so if people used their time to just have a chance to win, i'm pretty sure they could use much less time to just trick the vote.   Personally i would NOT do this but why you should trust me? When i say ''people'' i mean everyone who entered in this contest, included me, everyone could abuse the system somehow, even not directly.   

tl;dr KF + neutral friends/family to decide the winners is the only fair way imho  :D

I agree, I like this idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alternatively, you could do voting strictly based on who submitted artwork, with the supposition that 1: they cannot vote for themselves and 2: if they don't vote at all, they are disqualified.

Edit: to add a layer to this, you could have each person vote for Gold (3 points), Silver (2 points), and Bronze (1 point), with anyone who didn't vote getting Fool's Gold (-4 points) for trying to game the system.

Also, I stole this format from a monthly board game design contest forum where it works pretty well.

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:53:35 by Taylorisg »

Offline the-slunk

Re: KeyForge - T-**** Contest
« Reply #2351 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:52:36 »
I've got my design idea, but I can't post until I get home from work. I'm assuming that entries close at midnight today KST (Keyforge Standard Time)...

Yeah I'll let people enter until midnight tonight MDT, and then no further entries will be permitted. Still need to figure out a good fair way to let people vote.

I honestly think that the only fair way to vote for this is that you (KF) will vote the winner, maybe even with the help of family/friends/etc... 

• The current entries should be around 22-23 and the amount of unique people voting for this would be let's say 100 max.  Even with 200-300 people voting, if someone will abuse voting for himself let's say 10 times, it would change the final verdict. 
  • Entering by community name (gh, reddit,...) adding restrictions, for example 2 months account, etc.. etc.. would still be abusable, you know people voting for a friend design for example. Or for example if i post my design somewhere, for example telegram groups, discord groups, other groups, my design could take free votes
  • Everything = abusable

In a nutshell what i think is that whatever vote-system you could think of, it could be exploitable somehow, i mean this was a contest with a nice prize, basically something that people who entered wants, people had to design something, some of these entries toke hours (i'm not fast in this, mine toke 4+ hours) so if people used their time to just have a chance to win, i'm pretty sure they could use much less time to just trick the vote.   Personally i would NOT do this but why you should trust me? When i say ''people'' i mean everyone who entered in this contest, included me, everyone could abuse the system somehow, even not directly.   

tl;dr KF + neutral friends/family to decide the winners is the only fair way imho  :D

Alternatively, you could do voting strictly based on who submitted artwork, with the supposition that 1: they cannot vote for themselves and 2: if they don't vote at all, they are disqualified.

Haha, I kind of like this idea, but I feel like there would be a 14 way tie for first place with that little entrants

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2352 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:54:13 »

• Everything = abusable

Haha, I kind of like this idea, but I feel like there would be a 14 way tie for first place with that little entrants

Just added a layer to combat this issue.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2353 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:56:15 »

This is a ok system if there are TONS of designs, but on 20 entries it wouldn't work very well. Also people could also vote for bad designs, just to not vote a good design that could win over their design  :(

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2354 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:58:22 »

This is a ok system if there are TONS of designs, but on 20 entries it wouldn't work very well. Also people could also vote for bad designs, just to not vote a good design that could win over their design  :(

True :( lol we are good at figuring out ways not to do it  :p

Offline Taylorisg

KeyForge - T-**** Contest
« Reply #2355 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:02:43 »

True :( lol we are good at figuring out ways not to do it  :p
Easiest thing then is for Sneaks to reserve veto rights, or he affords himself 20/10/5 points to apply to his top 3 favorite designs.
Edit: then if people try to ramrod a dud then his points could overrule it.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2356 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:14:40 »

True :( lol we are good at figuring out ways not to do it 
Process of elimination baby! This is exactly how I get the ladies. "OK I don't have time for this, so by a show of hands who's NOT interested!?... everyone? Ok then..." :(

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2357 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:21:59 »
We should just vote with our wallets. It's what we're good at.

The Sneakiest of Potatoes could make an order form where people select their top 2 designs at $10/each (or whatever his cost is). He invoices all the people who enter. Then, after 48 hours of payments, he tallies up what 2 designs were purchased the most, refunds all the invoices for other designs, and prints the winners. He then ships the winning shirts to all the people who paid for them and continues to make more if additional people want them.

It's win-win because it's fair and he gets paid up front (instead of people voting on ****ty designs and then never actually buying the shirts).

Thoughts?
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2358 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:27:45 »
We should just vote with our wallets. It's what we're good at.

The Sneakiest of Potatoes could make an order form where people select their top 2 designs at $10/each (or whatever his cost is). He invoices all the people who enter. Then, after 48 hours of payments, he tallies up what 2 designs were purchased the most, refunds all the invoices for other designs, and prints the winners. He then ships the winning shirts to all the people who paid for them and continues to make more if additional people want them.

It's win-win because it's fair and he gets paid up front (instead of people voting on ****ty designs and then never actually buying the shirts).

Thoughts?
First place gets a 1of cap right? I'll take (...$1744/2...) $872 worth of votes plx.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2359 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:35:01 »
How about a Google form where you have to fill out a GH/Reddit I'd? Like the raffle forms sans PayPal

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2360 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:39:33 »
How about a Google form where you have to fill out a GH/Reddit I'd? Like the raffle forms sans PayPal

People would just vote as other people.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2361 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:44:40 »

I figured with this few entries it would be easier to check for alt accounts n whatnot.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2362 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:48:19 »

I figured with this few entries it would be easier to check for alt accounts n whatnot.

I think pre-ordering the design you like the most is the most fair and gets production started ASAP. You can't abuse the system since you can't have multiple paypal accounts (I think that's true).

Maybe we need to vote on what method we will use for voting...

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2363 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:50:17 »

I think pre-ordering the design you like the most is the most fair and gets production started ASAP. You can't abuse the system since you can't have multiple paypal accounts (I think that's true).

Maybe we need to vote on what method we will use for voting...
Haha we're all too damn indecisive. I think your idea is good if there is a way to limit the amount of purchases per account. Like a Google form with PayPal email entry?

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #2364 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:57:10 »

Fixed mine to be a single-color vector
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 05:54:45 by Broadwell »

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #2365 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:59:10 »
Pay $10 to have a vote, one vote max per GH username?

Once a winning shirt is selected you get your $10 back as a credit on the purchase of one?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2366 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:05:59 »

Once a winning shirt is selected you get your $10 back as a credit on the purchase of one?

Or basically invoices sent out for winning design, if the one you chose doesn't win you get $10 credit towards one of the winners?

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #2367 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:09:18 »

Or basically invoices sent out for winning design, if the one you chose doesn't win you get $10 credit towards one of the winners?

Yeah - problem is there's likely a few around who'd be happy dropping $150 to have a shirt win and a 1\1 cap. Also probably cut the votes right down

Maybe a public vote for top 5 and then KF picks a winner?

Offline slyce0flife

« Reply #2368 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:11:51 »

• Everything = abusable

I agree with you. I think the only way for this to be a fair contest is for Sneaky to pick the winners.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2369 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:16:12 »

Yeah - problem is there's likely a few around who'd be happy dropping $150 to have a shirt win and a 1\1 cap. Also probably cut the votes right down

This sounds pretty fair to me. Thanks for the discussion guys, it's helpful to have your input on these kinds of things.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2370 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:17:49 »

But that's the thing, Google form only 1 entry per PayPal email. Otherwise you get disqualified. Like keycap raffles

Offline andrulik

« Reply #2371 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:06:39 »
But that's the thing, Google form only 1 entry per PayPal email. Otherwise you get disqualified. Like keycap raffles

In the case of a raffle it is statistically disadvantageous to send several addresses, your chances chances are decreasing as other participants get bigger.
On the contrary, if someone writes a script that will send hundreds of fake addresses it will be difficult to determine the honesty of the addressee.
Extensive opportunities for manipulation, I think.

P.S. Sorry for possible bad English (my non native), but I hope you guys understand my point ;)

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #2372 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:08:56 »
Here's my entry, it's a first draft but I don't have time to do a perfect one right now. Logo should be colour reversed (white lettering) to match the spec Sneaky mentioned - grey shirt, white screenprint.

Edit: here is the redone version to better match the specs. I can't find a white on transparent Keyforge logo but I think Sneaky could provide if I win(hah!). I have left the original below just to provide validation that it is the same design essentially as submitted before the closing date.

Also, the text could read various things for easy variety when screenprinting lots of copies:

''The world's rarest salt and caps''
''Purveyors of the world's finest salt and caps''
''Salt makes the disappointment taste better''

and so on.....

More

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 05:28:15 by flyingalbatross1 »

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2373 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:17:01 »

In the case of a raffle it is statistically disadvantageous to send several addresses, your chances chances are decreasing as other participants get bigger.
On the contrary, if someone writes a script that will send hundreds of fake addresses it will be difficult to determine the honesty of the addressee.

P.S. Sorry for possible bad English (my non native), but I hope you guys understand my point ;)

That seems really complicated.

I guess we should go back to KF friends and family voting.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2374 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:26:15 »

That seems really complicated.

I guess we should go back to KF friends and family voting.
+1 to that. My brain hurts :/

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #2375 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:26:29 »

This sounds pretty fair to me. Thanks for the discussion guys, it's helpful to have your input on these kinds of things.

I don't mean to be contrarian but I think it should be opposite, where you pick top five or three or whatever divisible arbitrary number you want, then the public should vote. That way the vote muddling is minimized, votes are concentrated and you end up with several designs you're personally pleased with. I know you may not want to be the bad guy. But I don't like the idea of committing to  and losing my ability to choose whether or not to purchase the shirt.

Unless this is for profit, I think it's a good idea. If your objective is to make a cool shirt that you yourself might wear and to represent your brand.
If profit/initiative/head start on production is your goal then yea, I agree making people commit to a shirt in order to enter might be the best way to restrict Tom foolery.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2376 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:31:02 »
Just let SP's mom pick her favorite.

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2377 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:04:24 »
Just let SP's mom pick her favorite.

"Why are people talking about salt? I thought you made keyboards?" - Sneak's mom, probably

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2378 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:49:59 »
even though he is in wip, just too cute  :))

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #2379 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:29:44 »
Here's another option:

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #2380 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:30:42 »
Here's another option:

Show Image

OH WOW

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2381 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 00:39:12 »
RIP me. Just got home and have 22 minutes to make my entry. Not gunna happen :(

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2382 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 00:52:23 »
Draw something quick! Not entering anything is 100% chance of failure

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2383 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 00:58:29 »

FML

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2384 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 00:59:37 »

FML

Show Image

Hey man, at least now you're in. I'd personally rather fail trying than miss the opportunity

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2385 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 01:00:53 »

FML

Show Image

Hey man, at least now you're in. I'd personally rather fail trying than miss the opportunity

Yeah, I just needed like 30 more minutes but life got in the way. Oh well.

I'm going for a "back of the garment" vibe. I whipped up a mock of my design on a sweatshirt:

More

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 August 2017, 01:08:16 by AuthenticDanger »

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #2386 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 13:15:25 »

FML

Show Image

is it a resin casting demonstration or did u guys get the band back together?

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2387 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 13:59:57 »
Alright guys. Thanks for the entries. I'm going to figure out the best way to let you guys vote on this, and then voting will commence Monday. There have been good points about fairness, so I'll do what I can. So far, I've been considering the following ways:

1. Personally disqualify everything that does not fit the single color guideline, then create a google form where you must sign in to vote.

2. Use a platform like electionrunner, but I will need to import a list of eligible voters emails, so you cannot enter if you are not eligible. This could get tricky, but it would be more secure.

3. Choose the winners myself, but personally I am against this decision because I wanted this to be a community effort without my involvement.

4. (List is still being compiled)

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2388 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:09:10 »
Alright guys. Thanks for the entries. I'm going to figure out the best way to let you guys vote on this, and then voting will commence Monday. There have been good points about fairness, so I'll do what I can. So far, I've been considering the following ways:

1. Personally disqualify everything that does not fit the single color guideline, then create a google form where you must sign in to vote.

2. Use a platform like electionrunner, but I will need to import a list of eligible voters emails, so you cannot enter if you are not eligible. This could get tricky, but it would be more secure.

3. Choose the winners myself, but personally I am against this decision because I wanted this to be a community effort without my involvement.

Oh F#$&, I'm out with #1 I think because I didn't see the one color rule initially, and when I did I changed it to black & White on Photoshop, but I don't believe that's considered one color. RIP my reading skills

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2389 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:12:56 »

I personally like the community picking like top 3-5 then you choose which one will win and come second since it is your product.

Offline orionstein

« Reply #2390 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:47:20 »

Oh F#$&, I'm out with #1 I think because I didn't see the one color rule initially, and when I did I changed it to black & White on Photoshop, but I don't believe that's considered one color. RIP my reading skills

Yup, me too I believe. Grayscale =/= one color, dunno why I didn't think of that until now... good luck everyone who figured it out xD

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2391 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:49:27 »

Yup, me too I believe. Grayscale =/= one color, dunno why I didn't think of that until now... good luck everyone who figured it out xD
Damn, we suck. GG

Offline andrulik

« Reply #2392 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 15:16:24 »
176844-0

I just realized that guy on my t-shirt print are Marcus ETF, wearing KF logo tee and sprinkles salt caps smoothly all over :D :D :p

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2393 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 15:18:02 »
(Attachment Link)

I just realized that guy on my t-shirt print are Marcus ETF, wearing KF logo tee and sprinkles salt caps smoothly all over :D :D
Marcus looks like freddie mercury.

Offline andrulik

« Reply #2394 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 15:20:26 »
(Attachment Link)

I just realized that guy on my t-shirt print are Marcus ETF, wearing KF logo tee and sprinkles salt caps smoothly all over :D :D
Marcus looks like freddie mercury.

Marcus rocks))

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2395 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:24:48 »
Note to everyone:

Please fix/finalize your designs if you want them in the contest on Monday. I will allow you to edit your designs until then, since a decent amount of you used greyscale instead of creating vectors or solid images. Look at my profile picture for an example of what I'm talking about. Something like that is easy to screenprint, where having several different shades of grey would be much more difficult without more equipment. Please google "how to make a vector" if you are unsure of what I'm talking about. Any remaining images that are greyscale instead of being a solid color will be disqualified. I understand that some of you do not have access to photoshop/illustrator/etc, but try your best.

Also, remember that I need a SINGLE submission from you. Some posts have like four images of different ideas, etc. This contest is for ONE side of the shirt, so please designate which image is your final entry. If you do not designate your entry, I will either pick one for you or skip you entirely.

If you really want your entry to stand out, paste it into an online custom t-shirt editor so people can see what your intended vision for the tshirt will be. It's not required, but it looks way better and will most likely increase your chances of winning.

I'll work out the voting system over the weekend and we'll go from there.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:27:55 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #2396 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 21:12:51 »
Is it necessary to post the actual sized image as opposed to the screen shot I took of it earlier on my submission?

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2397 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 21:15:13 »
Is it necessary to post the actual sized image as opposed to the screen shot I took of it earlier on my submission?

Not necessary, I only need the full image if you win. I would advise not making it too small, as other people will be viewing your image.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2398 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 21:16:34 »
Good luck everyone!  All the submissions are awesome!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2399 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 08:45:11 »
Note to everyone:

Please fix/finalize your designs if you want them in the contest on Monday. I will allow you to edit your designs until then, since a decent amount of you used greyscale instead of creating vectors or solid images. Look at my profile picture for an example of what I'm talking about. Something like that is easy to screenprint, where having several different shades of grey would be much more difficult without more equipment. Please google "how to make a vector" if you are unsure of what I'm talking about. Any remaining images that are greyscale instead of being a solid color will be disqualified. I understand that some of you do not have access to photoshop/illustrator/etc, but try your best.

Also, remember that I need a SINGLE submission from you. Some posts have like four images of different ideas, etc. This contest is for ONE side of the shirt, so please designate which image is your final entry. If you do not designate your entry, I will either pick one for you or skip you entirely.

If you really want your entry to stand out, paste it into an online custom t-shirt editor so people can see what your intended vision for the tshirt will be. It's not required, but it looks way better and will most likely increase your chances of winning.

I'll work out the voting system over the weekend and we'll go from there.

I will do the vector before monday. 

May i ask if even the logo position is multiple entries?  I'm talking about the images below, I don't know if you wanted to offer different colors (example the shishi and orochi in the design could be colored or just white like the rest of the design). 

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 11:21:58 by KaosJ »