Author Topic: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Delivering to US customers  (Read 153349 times)

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - April 2020
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:37:10 »
Is font thickness decided?  :rolleyes:

What do you mean? The font is part of the gaphics design we've completed, so yes?

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:57:24 »
Joined for 8 kits !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline h9n9n3

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 13:21:35 »
Okay honestly I thought the fonts could be a little bit thicker? Comparing with SA.
This isn't a critisism. I was just wondering your thoughts.

Is font thickness decided?  :rolleyes:

What do you mean? The font is part of the gaphics design we've completed, so yes?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 13:34:12 »
We talked about a lot of this on Discord, but here's a summary of what alterations you should probably make to the Ergo kit before it goes to the factory:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105714.0

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:13:29 »
We talked about a lot of this on Discord, but here's a summary of what alterations you should probably make to the Ergo kit before it goes to the factory:

I saw your post. I'll make it a point to discuss this with the team tonight and see if there's something we can do or not.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:18:56 »

I saw your post. I'll make it a point to discuss this with the team tonight and see if there's something we can do or not.
Even just getting the thumb cluster 1u keys switched to R2 instead of R1 would be a huge improvement.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:29:23 »
In other news, we're over 30k units with 17 days to go

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 16:34:59 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2020, 15:18:16 by dvorcol »

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 21:20:47 »
Finally, a decent priced Hyper7 kit!!  Also the rest :D
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 07:35:53 »
Quick little update! The deskmats are almost available. They will be priced at $20 on mkultra's site and will ship separately from the keycaps.  We're working with the proxies to get them desk mats but do not know if they will have them at this time.

We've also got some good movement on kit numbers, dvorcol will have a new graph up soon!  Thank you all so much for the support thus far and I can't wait to see what the next 2 weeks bring!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 15:17:40 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:55:57 by dvorcol »

Offline hkiri

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 16:14:45 »
Quick little update! The deskmats are almost available. They will be priced at $20 on mkultra's site and will ship separately from the keycaps.  We're working with the proxies to get them desk mats but do not know if they will have them at this time.

We've also got some good movement on kit numbers, dvorcol will have a new graph up soon!  Thank you all so much for the support thus far and I can't wait to see what the next 2 weeks bring!

FeelsBadMan
Was hyped to order them together with the keycaps at Mykeyboard  :'(

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 16:16:45 »

FeelsBadMan
Was hyped to order them together with the keycaps at Mykeyboard  :'(

Do not despair! We're working on a cost effective way to get the proxies a some for sure. Hoping to have more details soon

Offline metheon

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 23:13:34 »
Any update on the ergo kit? Waiting for this plus deskmats to order from mykeyboard. :)

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 09:42:50 »
Any update on the ergo kit? Waiting for this plus deskmats to order from mykeyboard. :)

After discussion with the team, we have decided that we are not planning on making any changes to the ergo kit at this time.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 14:43:46 »

On second (and third thought) we have decided to update the kit as shown here:

Offline metheon

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 17:15:39 »

Wow what an amazing update - I hope this sets the standard going forward for kat kits. No R2 Enter though?

Sadly, based on your earlier statement, I ordered around it, instead equipping another board (in for colemak, ortho mods, novelties and numpad). I’m afraid I can’t justify picking up this revised ergo kit.

Offline metheon

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 17:24:12 »
Actually, was considering building something like this: https://imgur.com/gallery/FNgpjIr

Offline pott

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 18:16:01 »

Show Image

WOW. Thank you SO MUCH!! That's absolutely great. I'll be getting another kit :)

Offline Ennead

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 20:39:20 »
Really great looking set! I'm pretty new to this whole custom keyboard stuff, but I'm looking forward to using these.

I did have one question though, why not set the single legends in the north/south kits to be the same size and in line with the regular alphas? I'm not sure if I'm making enough sense, so here's a few pics

original:

suggestion:
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2020, 20:42:18 by Ennead »

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 21:03:06 »
Really great looking set! I'm pretty new to this whole custom keyboard stuff, but I'm looking forward to using these.

I did have one question though, why not set the single legends in the north/south kits to be the same size and in line with the regular alphas? I'm not sure if I'm making enough sense, so here's a few pics

original: (Attachment Link)

suggestion: (Attachment Link)

Thanks for the edit, we just went through revising all of the graphics. I'll double check this one and I'll be updating the OP graphics here eventually

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:55:23 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 15:14:34 by dvorcol »

Offline mrbiin

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:26:29 »
Looks great,
One show stopper for me, I use an Icelandic layout and in the "North ISO" kit the "ţ" and "đ" caps have lower letter glyphs, they should be "Ţ" and "Đ" instead.

Offline ZippoPotamme

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:50:01 »
Same things for french layout, the accentued letters are minus for exemple on 2, 7, 9, 0, % keys on a french keyboard

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 08:11:20 »
Looks great,
One show stopper for me, I use an Icelandic layout and in the "North ISO" kit the "ţ" and "đ" caps have lower letter glyphs, they should be "Ţ" and "Đ" instead.

We've updated the kit for this change, please check OP!

Same things for french layout, the accentued letters are minus for exemple on 2, 7, 9, 0, % keys on a french keyboard

We're going to keep them as-is for aesthetics, sorry.

Wow what an amazing update - I hope this sets the standard going forward for kat kits. No R2 Enter though?

Sadly, based on your earlier statement, I ordered around it, instead equipping another board (in for colemak, ortho mods, novelties and numpad). I’m afraid I can’t justify picking up this revised ergo kit.

We maed a few little changes to the Ergo Legends as well, removing the extra r2 page up/down keys. The profile changes to the thumb cluster were also flowed to the blanks. Thanks for your feedback.

We're coming along on the MOQ. My latest info was just shy of 39k with 10 days to go!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 15:13:57 »
All proxies updated.

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:08:15 by dvorcol »

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 07:37:22 »

Offline InfiniteMan

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 10:42:21 »
Will the deskmats available on other vendors like ZF?

Offline hkiri

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:01:33 »
Yea, still waiting for the deskmats to go live on Mykeyboard before placing my order.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:09:05 »
Yea, still waiting for the deskmats to go live on Mykeyboard before placing my order.

Proxies have the info for the mats so I suspect they will have them up soon!

We're well over MOQ guys!  Also the Hyper7 r3 group buy is open so please head over and check that out. The KAT Space Cadet set is the only set compatible with this new run!!!
https://groupbuys.mechboards.co.uk/shop/hyper-7-keyboard-r3/

Offline Ennead

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:26:29 »

Thanks for the edit, we just went through revising all of the graphics. I'll double check this one and I'll be updating the OP graphics here eventually

Any updates on this? Will the alphas without sublegends on the North/South kits be changed to the same size and position as the other alphas with sublegends?

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:34:57 »

Proxies have the info for the mats so I suspect they will have them up soon!

We're well over MOQ guys!  Also the Hyper7 r3 group buy is open so please head over and check that out. The KAT Space Cadet set is the only set compatible with this new run!!!
https://groupbuys.mechboards.co.uk/shop/hyper-7-keyboard-r3/

Show Image

i have joined for hyper7 kit haha. was previously always reluctant to join KAT/keyreative group buys because lack of shipped products, but this seems like a high potential meme that i simply could not pass up

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:44:50 »

Any updates on this? Will the alphas without sublegends on the North/South kits be changed to the same size and position as the other alphas with sublegends?

We discussed this and will be keeping the legends as originally designed.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 18:56:13 »
We're well over MOQ guys!

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 15:06:57 by dvorcol »

Offline Djmm

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:05:05 »
I'm interested in this set but not quite sure with the real life hue of the blue.... Could anyone point me to sample picture or colour code of the blue used for this set please?
Thanks

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:06:49 »
I'm interested in this set but not quite sure with the real life hue of the blue.... Could anyone point me to sample picture or colour code of the blue used for this set please?
Thanks

It will be color matched to the existing SP Symbiosis 2.0 keyset

Offline rondg

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:29:13 »
Why is the R5 Del key not in the 60%+ mods? That is the only reason why I'm not buying this. It would have covered 75% if it was in that kit.  :(

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 20:37:32 »
Hyper 7 R3 Group Buy is live (which uses the Hyper7 Keycap Set) - https://groupbuys.mechboards.co.uk/shop/hyper-7-keyboard-r3/

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 21:08:20 »
Why is the R5 Del key not in the 60%+ mods? That is the only reason why I'm not buying this. It would have covered 75% if it was in that kit.  :(

Its in the numpad kit. Decisions have to be made with kitting when broken out of a giant kit (like say gmk does). You could always buy the numpad kit take the key you want and flip the rest.

Offline rondg

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 00:09:28 »

Its in the numpad kit. Decisions have to be made with kitting when broken out of a giant kit (like say gmk does). You could always buy the numpad kit take the key you want and flip the rest.

But why? 1800 users would still need to buy the 60%+ mods anyway. I also notice almost, if not all KAT kits are kitted this way. Not sure why. Is this a KAT limitation?
I know it's too late and a decision was made. It just makes more sense to me to include it in the 60%+ mods set.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 00:14:19 »

But why? 1800 users would still need to buy the 60%+ mods anyway. I also notice almost, if not all KAT kits are kitted this way. Not sure why. Is this a KAT limitation?
I know it's too late and a decision was made. It just makes more sense to me to include it in the 60%+ mods set.
Logic being that R5 delete is mostly used in 1800 boards. So if you're buying it, then you'll mostly need a numpad.

Offline rondg

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 00:23:00 »

Logic being that R5 delete is mostly used in 1800 boards. So if you're buying it, then you'll mostly need a numpad.

I guess 75% layouts are just not popular enough to be considered.

Offline Djmm

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 04:51:52 »
Thanks

It will be color matched to the existing SP Symbiosis 2.0 keyset

Thanks, had a look and they looked great!

Offline lz2019

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:50:30 »
has been looking for a KAT set for a while, settled now, this will be my first KAT set  ;D
btw, who's the manufacture this round ??

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:00:00 »
has been looking for a KAT set for a while, settled now, this will be my first KAT set  ;D

All KAT and KAM keysets are manufactured by Keyreative

Offline lz2019

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:03:06 »

All KAT and KAM keysets are manufactured by Keyreative

Got it, thx.

Offline Matt68

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 17:25:51 »
In the ISO FR kit, the <> and *µ keys should be blue as they take the spot of the left shift and the enter keys. It should also include a 2u backspace as it is mandatory for every ISO FR layout

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 21:32:52 »
In the ISO FR kit, the <> and *µ keys should be blue as they take the spot of the left shift and the enter keys. It should also include a 2u backspace as it is mandatory for every ISO FR layout

is a french backspace different from the standard backspace in the 60's mod kit?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 21:36:47 »

I guess 75% layouts are just not popular enough to be considered.

I think 75% boards are much more fluid in what can go in that column. 1800 boards pretty much have all the keys, where a 75 might not have the delete key. For example I have macros on that column of my 75 and delete on a layer of the backspace key.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 22:05:03 »

No. The <> and µ* keys are alphas and therefore are supposed to be alpha-colored, not mod-colored. The ˛ and ˛ł keys do get a mod-colored version, as they occupy the spot used by the `~ key in the English (US) layout (which for well-established aesthetic considerations does get the dual keycap treatment).

The 2U backspace is part of the Mods kit (unless you want a keycap with the actual legend "effacer" or something to that effect).