Author Topic: [GB] R3 Purple Zealio Switches (100% complete)  (Read 169963 times)

Offline Pieminister

Sorry I am an idiot and were sitting on this for too long.
On the group buy page it says pre orders ended 2 days ago (https://zealpc.net/collections/group-buy-pre-orders/products/zealio)
I am hoping to get 100x 65g plate mounted switches for my upcoming ZZ96 and was wondering if I can still order. :cool:

I tend to keep the order open til switches arrive. Switches are currently in transit, and should arrive in 2-3days.

Great! I was set to order and then I realised I had another mega noob question, so i apologise. I am making my first custom with these so I haven't got any experience.
I have heard you mention that the PLATE mounted 65g (milky bottom) are the most noob soldering friendly so I was hoping to get those.
I am just clarifying - The ZZ96 has a plate, so just to double check - that de-facto means the switches will be "plate mounted" and I will be OK with these?

Offline Data

Literally the only difference between "plate" and "PCB" mount switches is 2 little plastic legs on the bottom.  If you have a plate you don't need them, and they can be easily removed, but I'm willing to bet your PCB has holes for PCB-mount switches so in that case it absolutely doesn't matter which style you pick.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
If all goes to plan, switches should arrive tomorrow morning/afternoon.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Pieminister

Literally the only difference between "plate" and "PCB" mount switches is 2 little plastic legs on the bottom.  If you have a plate you don't need them, and they can be easily removed, but I'm willing to bet your PCB has holes for PCB-mount switches so in that case it absolutely doesn't matter which style you pick.
Thank you! I guess I should be fine then with the plate mounted ones!
I get that the PCB mount option is the safest - because you can use it on either plate of PCB.
I was just hoping to get the "n00b" switches - i.e. those more tolerant to a beginners soldering efforts which I think are exclusively the 65 milky bottom PLATE mount version. That is why I haven't just gotten the PCB version already.

Offline Data

Thank you! I guess I should be fine then with the plate mounted ones!
I get that the PCB mount option is the safest - because you can use it on either plate of PCB.
I was just hoping to get the "n00b" switches - i.e. those more tolerant to a beginners soldering efforts which I think are exclusively the 65 milky bottom PLATE mount version. That is why I haven't just gotten the PCB version already.

The milky bottom Zealios are very nice.  I've used them in 1 build already and planning to use them again soon.

Offline krisst

That's good news. At this rate, I would have received both R2 and R3 Zealios before I received the whitefox... Ah well. Next will be getting some Zeal stabbies.

Offline TheVengeance

Awesome, thanks for the update.

More importantly, you got those Green Tea KitKats in stock?

Offline henkdevries013

Did everything arrive?  ;D

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

I do, however chances are they'll melt while in the truck during delivery to whichever US state.

Yes, I'm packing/shipping orders as we speak. I've gotta get all the Canadian/Int'l small packet orders out asap too before Canada Post goes on strike July 2nd. July 1st is also a holiday here... >.<

Also upgrading Ontario/Quebec, etc (east coast) Canada orders to Xpresspost for free if they chose Expedited so switches arrive before July 1st. Don't want your guys' orders stuck at a sorting centre for weeks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:36:34 by Zeal »

Offline breitling

I do, however chances are they'll melt while in the truck during delivery to whichever US state.

Yes, I'm packing/shipping orders as we speak. I've gotta get all the Canadian/Int'l small packet orders out asap too before Canada Post goes on strike July 2nd. July 1st is also a holiday here... >.<

Also upgrading Ontario/Quebec, etc (east coast) Canada orders to Xpresspost for free if they chose Expedited so switches arrive before July 1st. Don't want your guys' orders stuck at a sorting centre for weeks.

Ugh oh man forgot about the canadapost strike.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
Will we get tracking as they get sent out? And when will you be shipping the ones to the states?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Will we get tracking as they get sent out? And when will you be shipping the ones to the states?

Everyone will receive a shipping notification, and if tracking is available, will accompany the email. DHL packages are also being packed over the weekend. Just working on fulfilling the earliest orders first.

Offline TheVengeance

Nice one zeal, I definately wasn't am early order but am all the way over in the UK so fingers crossed you get through them all. Got a board waiting to be built :)

Zeal should manage people's ks campaigns, appears when he states a timescale he means it.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

Thanks Zeal for making sure we get our switches on time! I wasn't even aware of the Canada Post strike on July 2nd....

Can't wait to finally be able to try out these switches! :)
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline PurpleURP

Thanks for setting this up.  I'm in

Offline robotmaxtron

Zeal I just wanted to make a special mention of how thankful I am that my first GB experience was such a positive one. Thanks again for putting this together and keeping everybody in such good communication. Looking forward to assembling my boards whenever the switches make their way down here.

Offline kawasaki161

Just recieved shipping confirmation for #3716, I sadly can't accept it myself since I'm currently waiting on my flight to Las Vegas (Thank you Granny for hopefully accepting it for me). But I want to thank you for yet another great Groupbuy with outstanding individual communication. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Offline TheVengeance

Just recieved shipping confirmation for #3716, I sadly can't accept it myself since I'm currently waiting on my flight to Las Vegas (Thank you Granny for hopefully accepting it for me). But I want to thank you for yet another great Groupbuy with outstanding individual communication. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Ooo guess that means mine must also be soon. Thanks for that.

Offline BDhoel

Hi Zeal, I gotta ask a question regarding international shipping. Are you going to provide the tracking code aswell?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hi Zeal, I gotta ask a question regarding international shipping. Are you going to provide the tracking code aswell?

Only shipments via DHL have a tracking #. Canada Post Int'l Air does not have a tracking #, but packages generally arrive within 6-10 business days.

Offline rondg

In R2, DHL delivered the switches to my country. Does this mean that international orders are not delivered by DHL anymore?

Only shipments via DHL have a tracking #. Canada Post Int'l Air does not have a tracking #, but packages generally arrive within 6-10 business days.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
How long is the strike?  I'm an American and our strikes usually just end with big corporations firing everyone and hiring new people at lower wages  :'(
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
In R2, DHL delivered the switches to my country. Does this mean that international orders are not delivered by DHL anymore?

DHL is always offered for int'l orders. Small orders of ~100 switches will show the cheaper untracked Canada Post shipping option.

How long is the strike?  I'm an American and our strikes usually just end with big corporations firing everyone and hiring new people at lower wages  :'(

No clue. The "strike" isn't even "confirmed", but we all know it's going to happen anyways.

Offline jjnist

Switches made it. They feel lovely. Can't wait for my first zealios build ;D Thanks again Zeal for the GB!

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers

DHL is always offered for int'l orders. Small orders of ~100 switches will show the cheaper untracked Canada Post shipping option.

No clue. The "strike" isn't even "confirmed", but we all know it's going to happen anyways.
Where do you live I want my switches!!!

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro

I received mine about 30 minutes ago and I'm in Austin Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom KC60

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers

Did you receive tracking?!

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro

Did you receive tracking?!

I did. Yesterday or the day before.

Custom KC60

Offline breitling

Got my Zealios today! Glad I dodged the Canada Post Strike Bullet. Thanks Zeal for making sure they made it out before that happened.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Got my Zealios today! Glad I dodged the Canada Post Strike Bullet. Thanks Zeal for making sure they made it out before that happened.

Same here - mine arrived this morning.
Thank you Zeal.

Offline boo

Got notification to arrive this Thursday. My order number was #3983 for your reference. Good luck to everyone else!

Offline JDragon

Got tracking for mine! Will DHL shipments to the US require signature?

Offline Gengarfan

Got mine today and the guy did not ask for a signature.

Thank you for the switches zeal. I can't decide which ones are my favorite!

Offline nateth

Inbound!!!! Thanks Henry!

Sincerely,
Nate Henry :)

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

They used to have a pretty strict signature policy, but seems like the policy has changed. Will have to depend on your driver and how "safe" your neighbourhood is. If you want to be 100% sure, you could always sign a sheet of paper to leave parcel at door and tape the sheet of paper on your door. 

Offline rand77

Thanks for quick fulfillment Zeal, my order is set to be delivered tomorrow in Ontario.     Another smooth GB from ZealPC :thumb:

Offline Vypr

Just got mines earlier today, looks like I'll have a busy weekend (hopefully) ;D
Thanks Zeal :thumb:
current keyboard: VE.A (home) WhiteFox TrueFox (home)  MD1 Infinity (Home)  Infinity Ergodox (work)
future keyboards:

Offline JDragon

They used to have a pretty strict signature policy, but seems like the policy has changed. Will have to depend on your driver and how "safe" your neighbourhood is. If you want to be 100% sure, you could always sign a sheet of paper to leave parcel at door and tape the sheet of paper on your door.

Thanks for the info, sounds like that will be my plan.

Offline tofgerl

Crap, forgot to order PCBs... Bhiner, don't fail me now!

Offline kawasaki161

DHL says my package arrived in germany today  ;D I won't be home until the 13th though  :(

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
Just got an update mine will be delivered today:)

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
Can I use standard 3mm leds with zealios?!

Offline krisst

Can I use standard 3mm leds with zealios?!

Yes, the switch is compatible, some keycaps however are not. Example cherry profile keycaps.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
What do you mean cherry profile? Like and keycap with an mx stem? Or cherry branded caps?

Offline krisst

What do you mean cherry profile? Like and keycap with an mx stem? Or cherry branded caps?

There are more than 1 type of keycap profile. Take a look at the picture below. Cherry profile keycap have pretty low profile, so bigger sized LEDs will hit the bottom of the keycaps. Just make sure the keycaps you will be using do not have that issue.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
Gotcha thanks!

Offline Data

You should be OK if your LEDs are seated properly in the switch housing.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
Awesome!

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
When it comes to soldering what type of solder is recommended? Also what wattage iron?!

Offline Data

Solder: 63/37 Sn-Pb is superior.

Wattage: Whatever melts your solder and doesn't destroy the work piece.  Tip and technique are more important.