Author Topic: KRepublic Keycaps any good?  (Read 3198 times)

Offline JesseFentKBD

KRepublic Keycaps any good?
« on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 22:25:11 »
Hello all, I am new to the custom keyboard world and am working on my first build (a KBD75v2 with 65g ZealiosV2 swtiches) and I am still on the hunt for some keycaps. I want to get a set with a nice lavender/lilac color, but most with that like JTK Hana, GMK Vaporwave or GMK Muted are so hard to find/out of my price range. Instead I was looking at getting the Muted colorway from KRepublic, but do not know of their reliability/quality and was wondering if anyone could give me some information on if they would recommend buying from them. Thanks!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: KRepublic Keycaps any good?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 16:42:21 »
They aren't the best quality but they will work. For me it would be probably a temporary set until i move on to something better. Maybe look into Epbt they have nice PBT key-caps
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline JesseFentKBD

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 17:28:32 »
Thank you! Yeah they're def not my endgame I just wanted to grab something that would match my setup before I feel comfortable dropping more money on keycaps.

Offline abstractkb

• Abstract Keyboards Homepage
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 20:05:04 »
I have 2 sets of KPRepublic DSA Dye Sub keycaps and I like them.  They don't feel cheap like some others, although of course they aren't as perfect as GMK/SP