Author Topic: [IC] GMK Hammerhead | July 6 - 31  (Read 172180 times)

Offline Shutter_Shock

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead Resurface || New Kit Layouts!!
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 19:01:51 »
Also an R4 1.5u Fn key/an additional R4 novelty would be great, at least for my uses.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 11:02:15 »
Not trying to be difficult, but can you please tell us the plans for this set?  We haven't had any updates in months and we just want to know where we are at.  Will it still be run?  A simple yes or no, or maybe down the road would be perfectly fine.  I'd rather be let down now, then keep checking daily to no avail.  We understand nothing is set in stone and you have other real life obligations, but some sort of update would be really appreciated.  We appreciate all of the work you have done putting into this!

Offline Solotov

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 16:03:51 »
+1
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline nug

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:09:50 »
This is the last mention of hammerhead I could find on the discord server.

Offline norb

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:18:11 »
wohoo a lifesign and a rough timeframe :thumb: a nice dark hammerhead is what i need for a white board!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 20:40:29 »
I’m not sure how viable waiting for less sets per month is.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #356 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 23:55:06 »
I’m not sure how viable waiting for less sets per month is.

I told him the same. That likely this hobby is becoming an industry and the number of GBs every month will only increase from here and not go back to what we thought we was normal a year ago.

But also, he runs that business by himself and I assume he must do the artisans as a full time job because he just doesn’t have the hours to handle everythjng by himself right now.

But he won’t just abandon this. I trust he will make it happen

Offline Buster69

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 12:45:49 »
At least we have some new information. I really don't know much about how GB's work but you would think a blockbuster set like this would be a priority. I just feel like the longer he holds off the harder it's going to be to get something scheduled and actually make it happen in a reasonable time frame. There are plenty of sets out there, but this just calls to me and I need it haha. I have faith, let's just hope its sooner than later. Thanks for these updates.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 14:45:46 »
At least we have some new information. I really don't know much about how GB's work but you would think a blockbuster set like this would be a priority. I just feel like the longer he holds off the harder it's going to be to get something scheduled and actually make it happen in a reasonable time frame. There are plenty of sets out there, but this just calls to me and I need it haha. I have faith, let's just hope its sooner than later. Thanks for these updates.

The set is on! Just posted a short update to the main post.

As always everyone let us know any feedback, with the new vendor we're in the best position to make this set actually happen  ;D

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead Resurface || NovelKeys now US Vendor || GB Summer 2020
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 15:30:44 »
Yup. This. This is what I want for my white sat 75.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #360 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 15:32:08 »
F yeah novelkeys that’s big news

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:15:39 »
This set looks amazing!

However, i feel like the skull accent esc key does not fit the main theme of the set =\
I think the novelty esc key should be more related to sea life (like the fishbone or shark fin) and that the skull should be a secondary novelty key.
am i the only one who feels that way?

Offline norb

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:38:29 »
This set looks amazing!

However, i feel like the skull accent esc key does not fit the main theme of the set =\
I think the novelty esc key should be more related to sea life (like the fishbone or shark fin) and that the skull should be a secondary novelty key.

you're not. +1 to this opinion!

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 17:08:07 »
This set looks amazing!

Agreed.  There's too much vaguely nautical in the novelty kit for the amount of shark.  The hammerhead enter key is amazing.  If that were in base, I wouldn't need the novelties at all.  As it is, it's an expensive novelty kit just to get the few shark keys.

Offline delrn

« Reply #364 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 17:14:18 »
A 1u algae artisan could look nice IMO.

Also, how about an extra b key in the spacebar kit to accommodate Alice layouts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 03:56:56 »
This set looks amazing!

Agreed.  There's too much vaguely nautical in the novelty kit for the amount of shark.  The hammerhead enter key is amazing.  If that were in base, I wouldn't need the novelties at all.  As it is, it's an expensive novelty kit just to get the few shark keys.

I fully agree. If the shark fin novelty and enter key full hammer head novelty were moved to base, there would be zero reason to pick up the novelty kit IMO. Not that the other novelties are bad, but this kit is about sharks and not a “vague nautical” theme.

The other thing I’m still scratching my head on is how incomplete the 40s/spacebar kit is. You would need to pick up this extra kit for the four 1u left side ortho mods. Why not just move a lot of the non-standard sizes into a 40s kit?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2020, 03:58:57 by DrHigsby »

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #366 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:14:40 »
This set looks amazing!

I fully agree. If the shark fin novelty and enter key full hammer head novelty were moved to base, there would be zero reason to pick up the novelty kit IMO. Not that the other novelties are bad, but this kit is about sharks and not a “vague nautical” theme.

The other thing I’m still scratching my head on is how incomplete the 40s/spacebar kit is. You would need to pick up this extra kit for the four 1u left side ortho mods. Why not just move a lot of the non-standard sizes into a 40s kit?

Oh man, shark fin + hammerhead novelty accent in the base would make the perfect base kit for me XD

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 22:28:54 »
This set looks amazing!

Technically it’s a spacebar Kit that had ortho keys piggy back in to help moq for ortho.

I am really hoping for a light alphas kit because I love borhbcolorways a lot.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #368 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 14:27:56 »
Yessss.  My prayers have been answered and NovelKeys too, hell yes!  Thanks for doing this.

Also want to say I love the skull novelties...  I do see the points about the shark keys though..  Maybe swap out or add to the novelty pool, I think some cannon novelties or shipwrecks could be cool.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:27:40 »
Yessss.  My prayers have been answered and NovelKeys too, hell yes!  Thanks for doing this.

Also want to say I love the skull novelties...  I do see the points about the shark keys though..  Maybe swap out or add to the novelty pool, I think some cannon novelties or shipwrecks could be cool.

Hey thanks for the reply! I'm a big fan of the skull novelties as well, though there do seem to be quite a few comments about the overall theme being a bit lacking in the shark department.

This is gonna be something we definitely look at as final tweaks to the novelty set are made!

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:52:34 »
I agree with the lack of shark elements in comparison to the amount of generic nautical novelties. 
Btw what's the novelty between the fish bones and the shark fin meant to be?
Suggestions: A shark tooth. A silhouette of the front of shark jaw bones with teeth. A front on view of a hammerhead shark. A shark bitten surfboard. A simple shark on a 1u might be cool too

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 17:04:13 »
I agree with the lack of shark elements in comparison to the amount of generic nautical novelties. 
Suggestions: A shark tooth. A silhouette of the front of shark jaw bones with teeth. A front on view of a hammerhead shark. A shark bitten surfboard. A simple shark on a 1u might be cool too

We've had many people ask the same thing - it's meant to be a shark jaw, but it definitely did not turn out as envisioned and we'll be dropping it from the final novelty kit as a result. Most likely in favor of a tooth!

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 17:34:49 »

We've had many people ask the same thing - it's meant to be a shark jaw, but it definitely did not turn out as envisioned and we'll be dropping it from the final novelty kit as a result. Most likely in favor of a tooth!

Ooh that would be cool! I look forward to seeing a re-imagined novelty kit sometime in the coming month(s).

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 18:33:57 »

Ooh that would be cool! I look forward to seeing a re-imagined novelty kit sometime in the coming month(s).

I knew it was meant to be a jaw, but I definitely had to look at it for an extra few seconds at first. I agree a tooth would be much clearer.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 21:26:21 »

I knew it was meant to be a jaw, but I definitely had to look at it for an extra few seconds at first. I agree a tooth would be much clearer.

I thought it was a bikini top for the longest time. Had a few people make fun of me for that one.  ;D

Offline abrokencondom

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 00:43:39 »

I thought it was a bikini top for the longest time. Had a few people make fun of me for that one.  ;D

I thought it was a bikini top too, or a molar tooth.
The problem is that the teeth are too small; on such a small symbol, they need to be exaggerated, and probably both top and bottom jaw
Also a hammerhead from a different angle is another idea to help drive the theme.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead | GB Summer 2020
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 23:03:51 »
Thanks for the feedback y'all! Digging the single tooth idea, as well as the shark breaching. I LOVE the enter key myself but another angle for an R1 would be sweet too

Offline ShadyShoals

« Reply #377 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 10:57:46 »
Just wanted to say I love the novelties as they are except for I do agree about switching the jaws to a single tooth. The jaws idea could work well as an alternative desk mat. Can’t wait for GB!

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 22:38:24 »
All, just updated the main post with latest round of changes. Lots of people in both this thread and our feedback form were worried that the set drifted too far from the shark theme, and frankly we agree. This round of changes is largely aimed at bringing down the price of the novelties kit, as well as focusing the theme a bit.

As of now, the extras and euro kits have no proposed changes. Please give us your feedback here, at this point there will likely not be an overhaul of these kits but necessary changes can be made.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #379 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 22:48:51 »
As of now, the extras and euro kits have no proposed changes. Please give us your feedback here, at this point there will likely not be an overhaul of these kits but necessary changes can be made.
An ISO enter novelty would be really nice, there's a bit more room on that key for a nice hammerhead shark :)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #380 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 22:53:20 »
All, just updated the main post with latest round of changes. Lots of people in both this thread and our feedback form were worried that the set drifted too far from the shark theme, and frankly we agree. This round of changes is largely aimed at bringing down the price of the novelties kit, as well as focusing the theme a bit.

Thanks everyone!

The proposed novelty changes are definitely going in the right direction. I would be okay if you also cut the birds, the pipe, and whatever the icon is between the shark fin and the fish hook.

I also like the shark tooth icon that has the blank space running through the middle.

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 10:58:17 »
Would you consider moving one of the R1 novelties to R3 for those who like to put novelties on the right side of their 65% keyboards?

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 11:13:55 »

Thanks everyone!

The proposed novelty changes are definitely going in the right direction. I would be okay if you also cut the birds, the pipe, and whatever the icon is between the shark fin and the fish hook.

I also like the shark tooth icon that has the blank space running through the middle.

I think the icon between the fin and the hook is meant to be a captain's hat?

But yeah, i would also be okay in dropping the birds, pipe and hat if it can lower costs.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 14:44:25 »

Thanks everyone!

But yeah, i would also be okay in dropping the birds, pipe and hat if it can lower costs.

That’s where my mind is at with this. I want to pick up the novelties with this kit, but a $60 novelty kit (making up a number here) is a tough pill to swallow. I think less overall novelties, but novelties which strengthen the core theme at a reduced cost (say $35) is definitely the way to go to help hit MOQ. I have always had the perspective with novelties that the average enthusiast picks up novelties to use like 3 or 4 of them (this is anecdotal evidence, I understand that you, dear reader, may use more).

Anyone else have thoughts here on this?

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:06:50 »

Thanks everyone!

That’s where my mind is at with this. I want to pick up the novelties with this kit, but a $60 novelty kit (making up a number here) is a tough pill to swallow. I think less overall novelties, but novelties which strengthen the core theme at a reduced cost (say $35) is definitely the way to go to help hit MOQ. I have always had the perspective with novelties that the average enthusiast picks up novelties to use like 3 or 4 of them (this is anecdotal evidence, I understand that you, dear reader, may use more).

Anyone else have thoughts here on this?

I'm with you on this and i think you're right in the number of novelties people actually use.

Offline norb

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:09:28 »
completely agreeing with DrHigsby on the novelties. less nautical, more sharky pls :thumb:

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 18:40:35 »
I'd keep the shark tooth, the shark fin, the hammerhead keys, and drop everything else.  It's trying too hard to cover an entire function row.  I'd also like to see an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn added back into the base kit for better 65% support.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 23:03:13 »
I'd keep the shark tooth, the shark fin, the hammerhead keys, and drop everything else.  It's trying too hard to cover an entire function row.  I'd also like to see an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn added back into the base kit for better 65% support.

I mostly agree with this. I'd put the majority of the r1 novelties on r4 and then the rest on r3 and r2. If nothing else, put some more 1u novelties on r4.

If I were to use any of them on my Planck, I could only use 3 of them, two of which being unique designs.  Because of that, it wouldn't make much sense to buy the kit.

Offline Shiftbuzz

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 09:43:09 »
Concerning vendors, https://www.deskhero.ca/ have been involved in a lot a GBs recently.
I don't know if you have contacted them, but a canadian proxy would be nice for canadian folks.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:48:19 »
With the further feedback we're looking to make some changes to the Novelties kit to make it a bit more accessible to everyone. Update on that soon!

Looking to gauge interest on the Euro kit(s) with this poll, would love to see your thoughts here: https://forms.gle/G1Rj94X7RhdrvC6L8

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:50:18 »
Looking at the base kit, the second pair of 1u Ctrl and Alt could be dropped. I also see that 1.25u Fn, R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are missing; could you look into adding those? The Menu could be replaced with Fn outright.

Offline hellokevin

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:06:35 »
Love this.  Held off on Atlantis and Nautilus hoping there would be a blue set that would call to me and this is it.

Offline lockett

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:26:46 »
Love it!

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:54:13 »
Love it!

Offline Ellen_Degenocide

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 18:48:00 »
I need this in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline onestraysheep

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 11:55:25 »
I'm seeing GMK Hammerhead available for Group-Buy on CandyKeys.com right now, but no other websites really.

Very small orders have been placed, so this could be the beginning of the rollout? Or a mistake?

https://candykeys.com/group-buys/gmk-hammerhead

Offline RedBeardDog

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:17:18 »
Nice!
Can’t wait!!!
Any chance to see rama keycap in that set???
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:25:14 by RedBeardDog »

Offline chakkii

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:07:37 »
I'm seeing GMK Hammerhead available for Group-Buy on CandyKeys.com right now, but no other websites really.

Very small orders have been placed, so this could be the beginning of the rollout? Or a mistake?

This was from the earlier group buy which got stopped / delayed.

Offline onestraysheep

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:30:14 »

This was from the earlier group buy which got stopped / delayed.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I had checked everywhere and I haven't seen this. And the low order count made me think it was live again.

Offline Motte

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:44:24 »
Just saw your IC. Those colours are very nice and ++ for including a EU kit  :thumb: