Author Topic: $25 Griffin iMate ADB to USB adapter on Ebay  (Read 11763 times)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
$25 Griffin iMate ADB to USB adapter on Ebay
« on: Thu, 23 June 2011, 11:58:31 »
Seller only has 2 feedbacks but can't beat $25 BIN price. I just bought one.

1 more left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Griffin-iMate-ADB-USB-adapter-/220803775603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3368ee3c73#ht_500wt_1156
Keyboardless

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 June 2011, 16:18:35 »
All gone!!! But there's a used one for $100 + $10 shipping.
Keyboardless

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 June 2011, 18:44:52 »
The same guy put up another 5 Griffin iMate on Ebay. Price is up to $30 now but still a very good deal if you're looking for one. I got it in the mail today - very fast shipping. I'm still waiting for ADB cable so haven't tried it yet but the package looks new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Griffin-iMate-ADB-USB-adapter-/220804663930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3368fbca7a#ht_500wt_1156
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2011, 18:48:11 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline theferenc

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 June 2011, 21:53:09 »
If you need an ADB cable, I've got 2. You can also just use an S-Video cable, if you have one of those kicking around.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 June 2011, 22:22:25 »
Aaaarrhh, already bought it off ebay - should be here on Monday. Thanks though!! I don't know if I have S-Video cable. I have to look.

All sold out again.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2011, 23:10:42 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 June 2011, 23:21:41 »
Yeah, it's pitout happens to match svideo. Technically svideo's specs are better. Meaning if you try to use a adb to watch stuff, it won't look right.

So I use an svid cable when I use any imate stuff. It's also gold plated. For latency.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 June 2011, 23:41:10 »
I found a S-Video cable and it's working. Typing on my AEKII right now. Thanks guys!!!
Keyboardless

Offline theferenc

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 09:36:51 »
Glad to be of help. How do you like it, by the way?
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 10:20:58 »
It's okay. ALPS isn't my favorite switch. And the keyboard is old. I also have a cheap Apple M0116 and just found out last night the "Y" key doesn't work. Meh  :ohwell:
Keyboardless

Offline Jim66

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 11:04:40 »
IMO there is a massive difference in feeling between old and new ALPS. ALPS don't really tend to age very well.

Offline Parabellum

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 12:54:05 »
He's got more of them now.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 13:09:45 »
I saw that too. He added 10 more today. It used to be hard to find but this guy seems to have a lot of them. I bought an extra one thinking that if I can sell it back at normal price I'd get the first one I bought for free. Guess I'll have to wait for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220805851662&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156
Keyboardless

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 22:33:20 »
Hmm that seems quite odd.

Now that I've checked the link, that packaging may look new, but it looks nothing like the packaging it was in when I got one...
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 23:06:42 »
I tried the one I got and it worked. Maybe there were packing issues back then and these weren't sold?
Keyboardless

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 00:22:49 »
Either that or these are actually newly made.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:40:12 »
Damn it. He doesn't ship to Canada.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 09:48:59 »
You can have my extra one. $30 + shipping. What about your postal strike situation?
Keyboardless

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 11:45:55 »
Quote from: mmmty;370565
You can have my extra one. $30 + shipping. What about your postal strike situation?

Thanks! The postal strike is over. (...theoretically. I haven't had mail all week.)

I'll send you a PM.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 14:32:51 »
You could ask the seller. It's possible that he would, just has no automatic way of doing it. That's how I am when I sell stuff, I give out a price for conus shipping, but if someone outside wanted it they could get it.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 14:49:28 »
Quote from: False_Dmitry_II;370693
You could ask the seller. It's possible that he would, just has no automatic way of doing it. That's how I am when I sell stuff, I give out a price for conus shipping, but if someone outside wanted it they could get it.

I tried to ask the seller. Americans usually will ship to Canada if you ask them. Unfortunately, eBay now has a new and utterly stupid "feature" that prevents you from contacting sellers and puts up the message: "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Every time I see that message, I want to punch the wall.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 15:13:59 »
I've seen that a few times. By that I mean once, from the user which is actually buy.com

I just went through the hurdles to ask a question and it is letting me do it. I always just click the 'no this didn't answer whatever'. Want me to ask for you?

Yeah, I really hate ebay's new layout in general. The old 'auctions you won' section was the single most useful thing on the site, because of all the actions that could be done from that one drop down menu. Now it's all gone, and it seems impossible to do almost anything at all there anymore. I can't see why they would think any of their changes are a good idea.

It looks like I ran across a beta page that allows you to pick a single actual item, and sort by condition. While that in particular is kinda cool, you'd never see any mislisted stuff at all.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 20:35:45 »
I couldn't find where to ask the seller a question either. He must had it turned off.

I hate not having Stuff You Won section too. I had to go to Leave Feedback page to see auctions that I won. What if I already left a feedback for an item? Then I can't find that item again. Stoopid.
Keyboardless

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 16:34:50 »
There are two ways that are there. Click on the persons username and somewhere, generally on the left side, there is a place to simply send a pm. Then you can ask whatever and refer them to the item that you're looking at. Or on the bottom left of the actual auction page there is the 'ask the seller a question' button. It worked fine for me, not sure why it wouldn't work for another american.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 21:16:29 »
ah... bottom left - good place to hide  :)  I remember it being at the top. They moved it just to confuse me.
Keyboardless

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 00:20:29 »
Technically it was in both places before (I just assumed I imagined the other one). Down there is always where the answered stuff goes.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:12:53 »
Quote from: False_Dmitry_II;370714
I've seen that a few times. By that I mean once, from the user which is actually buy.com

I just went through the hurdles to ask a question and it is letting me do it. I always just click the 'no this didn't answer whatever'. Want me to ask for you?

Thanks, but I just bought one off mmmty. (thanks mmmty!)  

I know you click through the "Find answers from" crap, then click "No, I want to contact the seller." The problem is that many times it then takes you to a page that says, "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing." After that, you're screwed. I've seen that message at least 20 times - usually when the seller sells only to the US. I think it must be a default setting to prevent non-US buyers from asking questions from a US-only seller.

It's not on all listings though. I just asked another US-only seller if he can sell to Canada (for Belkin PS/2 to USB), so it's possible to contact some of them.

Edit: It might look like I'm constantly harassing US sellers, but most of sellers I've talked to didn't even know they neglected to include Canada (typical - Americans always forget Canada exists) and they change the listing to include Canada.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2011, 11:19:18 by mr_a500 »

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 13:06:42 »
That's a pretty crap thing for ebay to do. I guess I'm gonna have to do a live chat and complain every now and again about all the things they've started doing wrong.

But no, I didn't think you were harassing them, just asking if they do in fact ship there when they have something you might want. Like I said, I always put US only on my auctions, but that's just because otherwise it expects you to give it numbers for shipping and I'd have no idea what those would be.