geekhack Marketplace > Classifieds

Clack Valuation Thread

(1/474) > >>

jdcarpe:
Wondering what your coveted Clack Factory artisan keycap is worth? Looking to sell, or maybe you want to trade for something of equal value? This is the thread for it. Ask your questions here, so others may give their opinions of what the current market value of Clacks may be.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION OF PROFITEERING HERE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE SALE OR TRADE OF ARTISAN KEYCAPS ON THE SECONDARY MARKET AT VALUES HIGHER THAN RETAIL, OR ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE, THIS IS NOT THE THREAD YOU'RE LOOKING FOR. THIS THREAD IS A SAFE HAVEN FOR MEMBERS WHO WISH TO DISCUSS CLACK MARKET VALUES, WHICH ARE DRIVEN BY THE MARKET FORCES OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND, AND NOT BY A SENSE OF ALTRUISM OR OBLIGATION.

Any out-of-scope discussion will very likely be moderated out of this thread. You have been warned.

BunnyLake's General Price Structure Guidelines:

there are really only 3 price structures to be aware of

retail price
general aftermarket price
special circumstance price

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices (as of June 2014):

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100
general single colour/3d - 100 - 125
rare single colours/ common multi colors - 150 - 175
rare multi colour - 200 - 250

90% of clack sales will fall under either retail prices or those after market brackets

the other 10% of sales are special circumstances, where the discussion of these prices is pointless, they are dictated by either someone wanting to pay above what a clack is generally worth to acquire it in a timely fashion, or where someone is willing to pay more to persuade someone to sell something they ordinarily wouldnt want to under the current market pricing

Below is the old pricing guide from the Clack Info Thread. The same warning applies. Please use this thread for pricing discussions instead of the info thread.

Secondhand Market Prices (From the Clack Info Thread)
WARNING: THIS IS NOT DEFINITIVE PRICING FOR SECOND-HAND CLACKS. This is simply a list I’ve compiled of what you might expect to pay for a Clack if you buy from the classifieds. There will be dates provided so you know the timeline of the prices. If you want retail prices, refer to that section. I cannot control what you spend or how much someone sells their Clacks at.

The prices here are a window from October 2012 to April 2013. I will no longer be updating this section. Please consider this a snapshot in time, showing some secondhand market prices.

Prices are in $USD unless otherwise noted. Please check to see if the pricing is for an MX/Topre/Bucking Spring cap as this may affect the price. I've provided links so that you can double check.

From DanGWanG's Mega Auction. From October 2012.

From fstop’s auctionin October 2012.

From rayuki in December 2012

From longweight’s FS thread. Started in November 2012 and ended around February 2013.

From CLiB’s auction thread. January 2013.

From Phetto’s WTS/WTT/WTB Thread. January 2013.

From nntam’s FS thread. January 2013.

From metafour's amazing sale. February 2013

From keyboardnoob's sale. "Black Click Clack" = Depth Black single color skull Clack. February 2013.

From precarious' auction

From another of precarious' auctions. Sorry for the caps :P February 2013.

From transcend3nt's auction. February 2013.

From sleepy916's sale.

From Rendom's sale. March 2013.

From Durainello's sale. March 2013.

From BiNiaRiS' sale. First time I've seen a WASD cluster for sale (see picture in the Milk Blue CC link). March 2013.

From deSheol's sale. He edited the OP so some of the prices are gone. Managed to snag most of the prices before the edit. March 2013.

I saw my first eBay auction of MX Clacks recently (March 2013). Thanks to phetto for pointing them out here. According to Glissant, the clacks were part of net2522's collection. Just as a heads up, I don't know enough about the 420 clack names so I'll use what was posted in the auction. Please check the pictures to see which ones were sold. The names are different from the Wiki. The follow clacks went for these prices:

* 420 Good Times: $152.50
* 420 Sticky Icky Icky: $192.50
* 420 Sticky: $102.50
* 3D: $85
* Orangesicle: $103
* Mr. Friday: $217.62
* Octopink: $112.50

From eRadicatedZomBiE's auction.

From BlindRAGE606's sale.

From Rendom's sale.

From Mugen's auction.

From DanGWanG's collection clearing sale. Probably one of the biggest sales I've seen. April 2013.

From Paddywagon's sale. Some really rare and cool stuff was sold here. And the sale prices wasn't too bad imo. April 2013.

From Ghostpixel's sale. Everything but the Hardcore White (Cap on F2) was being sold. April 2013.

CPTBadAss:
There's pricing discussions in the Clack Info Thread and other threads. Since I don't really follow pricing anymore, I don't feel I'm qualified to support the continued discussion in that thread. We're just trying to centralize the discussion somewhere so people can get a feel for the pricing. Especially since the Classifieds threads are often nuked without their prices.

It's not putting them on a pedestal as much as trying to keep the info in a location. If you think that the mere existence of the thread is doing so, I think it's just being silly. That's my opinion. You're all welcome to pay what you like. That's why this is here. To gauge what ya'll would like to pay. Nothing more.

Dyslexic:
It's not even like these prices are a good barometer. The frequency of people selling off collections has fallen off a cliff since 2014, I've only seen a handful and they've been for crazy asking prices (Cactux, duc_nckt and this week Deviruki). Given that the 4grabs sales have slowed as well, 1+ year old data isn't exactly relevant. Unless it's a private sale, you'll find out what it's worth pretty quickly by just making it available on the classifieds.

BunnyLake:
there is no need for an open clack valuation thread

retail price

the OP of this thread in my opinion should just include the following info

a list of retail prices for clacks in current and past sale

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices, something like this

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100

90% of clack sales will fall under either retail prices or those after market brackets

the other 10% of sales are special circumstances, where the discussion of these prices is pointless, they are dictated by either someone wanting to pay above what a clack is generally worth to acquire it in a timely fashion, or where someone is willing to pay more to persuade someone to sell something they ordinarily wouldnt want to under the current market pricing

what really then needs to be discussed is perhaps the rarity or perceived rarity of certain clacks and what bracket in the aftermarket pricing that falls in to, but 95% of that can be done via common sense

jdcarpe:

--- Quote from: BunnyLake on Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:56:23 ---there is no need for an open clack valuation thread

retail price

the OP of this thread in my opinion should just include the following info

a list of retail prices for clacks in current and past sale

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices, something like this

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100

what really then needs to be discussed is perhaps the rarity or perceived rarity of certain clacks and what bracket in the aftermarket pricing that falls in to, but 95% of that can be done via common sense

--- End quote ---

That's good info, sir. Added it to the OP.

If someone wants to list the retail prices from recent or current sales, I'm happy to add that to the OP as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version