Author Topic: I want some double shots!  (Read 1908 times)

Offline babyhands

I want some double shots!
« on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:47:50 »
Hey guys, I am interested in some double shot keys for my new ducky. Where would I be able to purchase full TKL sets of double shot keys? And do they make PBT double shot keys as well? I am sort of unfamiliar with how double shot keys work in terms of material used.

Thanks!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: I want some double shots!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:51:47 »
There are many choices for sourcing them, from vintage used to new old stock keyboards, or from groupbuys or signature plastics directly. ABS is the common material. PBT is possible but very uncommon as of now.
What kind of look are you after, and what budget are you prepared to spend?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:53:08 »
As of right now there are no double-shot PBT full sets. SP has been experimenting with them in arrow clusters, though, iirc.

Here you can see those as well as some standard black on white and white on black full sets:
http://www.keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

You can also source sets from group buys on here, via the marketplace, or learn how/where to get some classic sets via webstores and ebay.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline babyhands

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:42:52 »
I was just looking for some all black ones or all white, unless I saw a color I really liked (like maybe a beige or a yellow or something). I wasn't aware that these were so darn expensive though! 60$ for a whole set!? Is that pretty standard, or is that on the expensive side?                     

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 13:38:35 »
If you don't mind used and not a 100% compatible set you can grab Cherry white on black doubleshots from G81-7000 for $22.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 14:03:53 »
If you don't mind used and not a 100% compatible set you can grab Cherry white on black doubleshots from G81-7000 for $22.
FYI this seller got a large box of my7000's from oceantech in an auction. seller has a mix of mostly Laser keyboards and some DoubleShot keyboards. He has auctions for both and uses the same picture for both, so if you purchase from him make sure you use the link lysol gave and make sure DS keys is what you get.

I suspect the condition of these boards are worse than a normal oceantech board, as once I sent the seller a picture showing good vs. shinny caps he refused to allow me to inspect them locally before buying all his my7000H's from him.
so YMMV with this seller. If oceantech still has an auction up, purchasing from them and asking them to find you a cleaner board likely would be safer and cheaper 
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 14:11:33 »
babyhands about year a go or less there was GB for doubleshots black keycaps with red legends, I bought a TKL set but never used it since I'm yet to aquire TKL keyboard. Was going to buy 3 CM boards red,green,brown switches but something came up and will have to buy at later time. But even I will buy at later time it will most likely be the CM XT and WASD 104, hopefully green switches on the CM and clear and brown with WASD. PM me if your interested and I might post some pics here, also have RGBY with black legends DS but those I might keep.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 14:13:33 »
I just did 2 minute look for cheapest one I could find on ebay. There sure may be some nicer stuff for maybe only a little more cost if I took some time to look.

Offline babyhands

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 14:45:31 »
bazemk: pm'd

And yeah those look like those have some shine. I guess I am just going to have to do some searching and see if its worth the money. I have PBT white engraved keys right now on my TKL ducky, and I am trying to figure out if I want to replace them. I love them, and 99% of the time I don't look at the keyboard while I type, but sometimes it is nice to be able to see the keys!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 15:24:19 »
Here is how the TKL set look like and the RGBY,but the RGBY is an extra add on which you might not be interested and me not being sure if I want to sell them, they both have never been used.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?