Author Topic: Help me find white ABS/PBT backlit keycaps :)  (Read 3368 times)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Help me find white ABS/PBT backlit keycaps :)
« on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:24:52 »
Hello geekhack,

I have lurked this site for a couple months and finally decided to make an account, hopefully my question belongs here.

I have recently purchased a ducky shine TKL 3 with mx reds and green LEDS (my first board) and the black keys really aren't my cup of tea. I have searched around for basic white backlit friendly caps and can't find squat. If any of you guys can point me into the direction of a group buy/vendor/personal sale. I would greatly appreciate it. Not sure if any PBT caps are even made with backlit letters, however I am a board noob so be gentle ;) thanks! *edit mostly looking for just the letters

P.s. If anyone is selling a gasmask (color doesn't matter, and doesn't have to be mint) I'm interested in buying for $20 shipped to USA. I want to try my hand at painting keycaps and would love to test it on a gasmask model.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:27:34 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Re: Help me find white ABS/PBT backlit keycaps :)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 03:54:26 »
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/87-104-108-oem-sets/ducky-abs-key-caps-for-ducky-9/lid=34914332

Nowhere else seems to have the white ones any more.

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/product/__template=iphone/lid=34914332   Thanks for responding! I doesn't say that the white keys are backlit, will my LEDs shine through the letters? Im a click away from ordering. *edit nevermind I am a moron. (Not a very smooth and dapper first post) thanks again rowdy. Ordering on my lunch break:)
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2013, 03:57:08 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 03:57:51 »
Fairly sure, the description does say "It is a full set, design to replace keycaps on Ducky LED keyboard, 100% work good with the LED light.".

If in doubt, send qtan a PM or post a question in his vendor forum.

But the position of the legends tends to give it away too - all the legends (even shifted characters) are at the top of the keycap because there is where the LEDs are.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 04:10:16 »
Not instock right now...poop. I will PM him found and ordered on QTans eBay store. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2013, 16:38:41 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline dman777

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 00:09:06 »
Is there an example pic with them lighted up by a Ducky Keyboard?