Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 227063 times)

Offline shensmobile

Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - Shipped to Keyclack and Proxies
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:24:10 »
Thanks for posting the Ergodox kit photos.  Oh boy, those mods are a lot darker than I expected.  Not sure if I quite like that.  I'm really on the fence about this set now, it's probably too late to cancel my order though.  Guess if I sell Sky Dolch it won't be so bad on my pocketbook...

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 13:05:51 »
Here are some pictures with GMK samples for N9 BV TU1 and TU2 as well as mods from ocean dolch and oblivion

The alphas are nice and dark in natural light. In terms of the mods they are darker than N9 (which I believe the oblivion mods are unless my eyesight is wrong) but they are also a dark blue hue which is nice but hard to photograph.

Hope this helps.

Happy to take more pics if anyone has any requests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 13:10:11 »
Thanks for nice comparisons Jon_Flynn, finally a proof that we didn't use TU1 for alphas  ;D

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 13:17:21 »
Thanks for nice comparisons Jon_Flynn, finally a proof that we didn't use TU1 for alphas  ;D

No problem. Set looks great all laid out :)

Props to Necromanx for the fast shipping!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:17:12 »
Man did no one get the colored mod kit? That was like the whole appeal for me lol.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:31:45 »
Man did no one get the colored mod kit? That was like the whole appeal for me lol.

no, just base and space bars for me. I already had the coloured mods with Oblivion coming so didnt want two sets broadly the same idea on the mods

Offline Kavik

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:46:59 »

I ordered the colored mods, but I haven't received mine yet. I agree that the colored mods are what make the set for me.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:10:35 »
I got it but my cameras are horrible and I don't have the caps on a board yet because I need to stick with trusty DSA for the duration of this Touhou competition I'm in.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:34:18 »

no, just base and space bars for me. I already had the coloured mods with Oblivion coming so didnt want two sets broadly the same idea on the mods

But, solarized colors
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Allo

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:31:59 »
Anyone have Penumbra and want to compare the mod colors?

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 22:28:45 »
Have US shipped yet?

Offline manzel

« Reply #361 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 08:12:54 »
I just got my set and I have to say that it looks better in person than on the photos we have seen recently. Not as good as the renders, which were terrific, but still quite nice. And the back of the packaging is hilarious :D

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 08:15:25 »
I just got my set and I have to say that it looks better in person than on the photos we have seen recently. Not as good as the renders, which were terrific, but still quite nice. And the back of the packaging is hilarious :D

Good to hear!

Been waiting for someone to notice :P

Offline Delirious

« Reply #363 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 10:27:47 »
Here are some pictures with GMK samples for N9 BV TU1 and TU2 as well as mods from ocean dolch and oblivion

The alphas are nice and dark in natural light. In terms of the mods they are darker than N9 (which I believe the oblivion mods are unless my eyesight is wrong) but they are also a dark blue hue which is nice but hard to photograph.

Hope this helps.

Happy to take more pics if anyone has any requests
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Both the render and mockup showed a  nicemixture between green and blue in darker tones, somehow now all we care about is a "slight tint of blue" in the mods? The mods are basically black at this point, where's my green hue?

Jchan is it still possible to get a refund at this point? I can contact you through the paypal email.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 12:39:56 »
Apologies - I was commenting on my thoughts to the colours, not comparing necessarily to the renders originally offered. I feel like there was an acknowledgement at some point that due to the custom colours there would be a diversion from the renders due to fitting the theme better and obtaining new samples - so I wasn't expecting a render accurate set.

Anyway - its fair to say that these are not the same as the render, but do look much better than the pictures that GMK took directly. I apologise if the fact that I like the keyset and like the blue hue offends/upsets/angers you.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 13:14:08 »
Apologies - I was commenting on my thoughts to the colours, not comparing necessarily to the renders originally offered. I feel like there was an acknowledgement at some point that due to the custom colours there would be a diversion from the renders due to fitting the theme better and obtaining new samples - so I wasn't expecting a render accurate set.

Anyway - its fair to say that these are not the same as the render, but do look much better than the pictures that GMK took directly. I apologise if the fact that I like the keyset and like the blue hue offends/upsets/angers you.

No apology needed. I wasn’t upset at your taste/choice. I guessed I didn’t explain myself very well there.

I joined the gb because I like the mix between green and blue. That is my preferred choice just  like how your preferred choice is blue heavy. I was just quoting your post as references, which was very helpful, to point out that contradicting the initial theme, the mods are completely devoid of any green.

It’s fair to expect 80-90% accuracy rate between renders and reality, but this is like 40-50% at most. Looking at all the posts and comments I could confidently assume that green hue is not part of the equation anymore. Some where along the way, The initial concept was derailed and snowballed into what we have now.

I’m upset that the theme/concept has been altered without clear head ups or indications. People keep saying renders are not exact, but every other set up until now retains the theme. GMK plum color is hard to capture, fine but the theme is there. One look and you know right away it’s Plum. Same goes with Nautilus, it’s IKEA. When you look at a set and you have doubts about its identity, then we have a huge problem at hand.

Again if anybody has to apologize, it’s me for quoting you and sounded pissed off.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 13:15:54 by Delirious »

Offline Strontaap

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 15:14:10 »

Good to hear!

Been waiting for someone to notice :P

Goddamnit, I wish I hadn't seen that. :p
I did actually spend a good 10 minutes trying to find hidden stuff on the front but completely forgot to look at the back.
M65-A | COD67

Offline AndyTC

Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 16:25:38 »

Just got my set this morning
Am overall happy as many people have seen/said the colours are slightly different to the renders (They're close enough tho, you're never to get a perfect match)

My big disappointment with the set is the coloured mods
I only bought the kit due being told that it would come with stepped caps/control

FYI: Coloured mods will include stepped Caps Lock and Ctrl

My set didn't come with either making it unusable to me and many others!

Ignore the lighting in the pic it's just to show the lack of stepped keys

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 17:28:35 »

Am overall happy as many people have seen/said the colours are slightly different to the renders (They're close enough tho, you're never to get a perfect match)

I only bought the kit due being told that it would come with stepped caps/control

wat.

If true, that ****ing sucks

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 17:30:14 »

wat.

Yes it does...  I only use stepped caps lock. 

Offline Draic

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 17:40:07 »
I’m upset that the theme/concept has been altered without clear head ups or indications.
Well there was a posting that they decided to deviate from the original solarized dark colours, so it is not entirely true that there was no heads up. I remember that so well, because I actually cancelled my solarized order as a result. Still I totally get your point. I do not think that the changes in the set have been well communicated. By itself the result is not necessary bad, just not what was promised in the original concept.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 18:26:50 »

wat.

Hi,

Looks like in our last exchange with GMK, I (Keyclack) did not catch the 2 keys missing from the modifier set as they asked for verification on the kits.

The fault is mine, and I've already contacted GMK about receiving the 2 missing keys for the kits.

To quantify things:

1. I currently the bulk of the modifiers from the production; 85%.
2. Today, 30 packages went out with USPS with modifiers.

Currently, I'm pausing on shipping, as 90% of people who ordered, also opted for the colored modifiers. I'm waiting for a reply from GMK currently to see how to proceed.

I'm deeply sorry for this issue, and hopefully we hear back soon regarding the 2 missing keys.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:00:58 »
In terms of the mods they are darker than N9 (which I believe the oblivion mods are unless my eyesight is wrong)

GMK Oblivion had custom colors except for white alphas (CP) and L9 for legends on monochrome/gray alphas/non-colored mods. The modifier gray is matched to SP's GQM like Carbon is as well.

Offline noroadsleft

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:44:34 »
Currently, I'm pausing on shipping, as 90% of people who ordered, also opted for the colored modifiers. I'm waiting for a reply from GMK currently to see how to proceed.

tfw you only ordered the Base Kit because you preferred the monochrome look

Are there going to be any extras on the Keyclack store? I passed on the Spacebar Kit originally but the more I think about it the more I think that was an error.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:56:49 »

Are there going to be any extras on the Keyclack store? I passed on the Spacebar Kit originally but the more I think about it the more I think that was an error.

Only once we sort the GB first.

--

The orders without mods will be going out, and you should have tracking by tonight.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:31:35 »
Hi,

Looks like in our last exchange with GMK, I (Keyclack) did not catch the 2 keys missing from the modifier set as they asked for verification on the kits.

The fault is mine, and I've already contacted GMK about receiving the 2 missing keys for the kits.

To quantify things:

1. I currently the bulk of the modifiers from the production; 85%.
2. Today, 30 packages went out with USPS with modifiers.

I'm deeply sorry for this issue, and hopefully we hear back soon regarding the 2 missing keys.

Cool, I sincerely appreciate your transparency. Mistakes happen, please keep us posted :thumb: Have waited a while for this set, don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Do you think this will result in extra charges, or is that something that GMK was already paid for and was missed afterwards?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 22:51:21 »
I didn't order this set because it didn't include the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn I use on my 65% layout.  The possibility of adding those was discussed in the IC and more so in the GB thread back in June/July.  Seeing the pictures of what was delivered, I can't help noticing that there's an extra PgUp and PgDn in there.  Are those really the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn?  The ones that couldn't be added?

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 01:47:46 »

If there’s no way to cancel orders, would you be interested in taking over my spacebar kit? TU2 isn’t doing it for me on this set. If our sets haven’t shipped out yet, I wonder if there’s a way to get jchans attention.

Offline AndyTC

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 05:35:48 »

:thumb:
Hopefully it gets sorted quickly so those still waiting get their sets

Few pics of it now it's on my board

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 05:45:02 by AndyTC »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 07:39:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

are those the gmk penumbra mods? (since I see a stepped CL)

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 07:51:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

No, that stepped Ctrl should be included in the base set, color kit Ctrl should be purple legend.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 08:01:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

No, that stepped Ctrl should be included in the base set, color kit Ctrl should be purple legend.

ah ofc, missed the legend colour ;)

Offline Petch

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 08:50:53 »
What gripes me the most about all this is that there were delays to get the colours right, and they're not. I still think the set looks okay, but it's not Solarized (no matter how much you tell us how the colours look on your monitor)

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #383 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:11:31 »
I'm seriously conflicted.  I think the Alphas look fantastic.  The white might be a bit bright, but it's fine, gives a bit more contrast.  The mods though.  I bought into this kit specifically for the Ergodox compatibility.  I'm surprised they didn't just use the same colour as the existing GMK Solarized mods.  That would've worked really well IMO. 

I hate complaining but I was incredibly hyped to complete my GMK Solarized collection, and this doesn't feel like it's definitive.

Offline Draic

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:07:40 »
...gives a bit more contrast

which is the opposite of the idea behind the solarized colour palette, which has low contrasts and that is what people are complaining about. legends too white, mods too dark.

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:24:06 »
which is the opposite of the idea behind the solarized colour palette, which has low contrasts and that is what people are complaining about. legends too white, mods too dark.

Which is a fair point, not trying to marginalize other peoples concerns.  Just saying that for me, the mods are the real problem.  I can live with the alphas, but the dark mods are both out-of-character and not aesthetically pleasing.   

Offline johntron25

« Reply #386 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:29:50 »
Mobile developer here. Solarized dark is my default theme in Sublime Text and Vim. I'm slightly disappointed that the set did not turn out like the renders but I am still looking forward on getting it.

Offline noroadsleft

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:01:39 »

If there’s no way to cancel orders, would you be interested in taking over my spacebar kit? TU2 isn’t doing it for me on this set. If our sets haven’t shipped out yet, I wonder if there’s a way to get jchans attention.

I might be. Not sure how to sort that out over here as I've not delved into the GH Classifieds or anything like that. Have some trades on /r/mechmarket though. Also depends on what jchan wants to do about that.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:29:04 »
Hi,

If you're not satisfied with the colors and would like the opportunity to cancel, please send an email to support@keyclack.com with your full name, or your invoice ID

Invoice ID is in the URL of your invoice found under orders on keyclack.com

--

Shipments without modifiers have been packed and are awaiting pickup

--

Still waiting for GMK response.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #389 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 20:17:38 »
Hi,

If you're not satisfied with the colors and would like the opportunity to cancel, please send an email to support@keyclack.com with your full name, or your invoice ID

Invoice ID is in the URL of your invoice found under orders on keyclack.com

--

Shipments without modifiers have been packed and are awaiting pickup

--

Still waiting for GMK response.

Thanks jchan, not an easy situation to deal with and I think it speaks volumes that you're willing to cancel people's orders who are unsatisfied with sets they haven't seen in person yet.

Please keep up the updates with GMK :)

Offline st1rguy

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 11:26:12 »
Here is a shot comparing mods from Penumbra, SD, WOB, and Terminal.

I decided to go with the Penumbra mods. I really do like the alphas thou.

192314-0

192316-1
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2018, 11:30:00 by st1rguy »

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #391 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 15:41:24 »
nice comparison, thanks str1guy

Offline gutsack

« Reply #392 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 15:48:44 »

It's a shame that the GMK Penumbra mods have those awful capitalized letters. Worst set design in GMK history (and I own them).

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #393 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 16:08:28 »

It's a shame that the GMK Penumbra mods have those awful capitalized letters. Worst set design in GMK history (and I own them).

They have a the Solarized Accent Kit that changes them.  I rather like it.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 11:57:46 »
Any update from GMK?

Offline Eturior

« Reply #395 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:39:47 »

I am actually positively surprised of this set! The initial photos of the finished set were not too convincing, but in hand and in my setup I think these caps look great! Sure, the mods are a bit darker than expected, but it's not too bad in the end. Thanks!

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:42:08 »
Show Image

I am actually positively surprised of this set! The initial photos of the finished set were not too convincing, but in hand and in my setup I think these caps look great! Sure, the mods are a bit darker than expected, but it's not too bad in the end. Thanks!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

These photos are great, thanks for sharing!

Wonder what the alphas would look like next to Triumph Adler mods

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #397 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 12:55:08 »
The more I see this set the more excellent the alphas look

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:07:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man that looks good! I just wish GMK would get back so the people who ordered the colored mods can get the set.  I feel like this is gonna be a huge delay. Almost willing to pay the $5.75 it would cost to have the two keys sent out once completed via USPS or something.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #399 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:22:07 »
Those are very nice photos Eturior! Thank you