Author Topic: [GB] GMK Metaverse  (Read 158069 times)

Offline Mekuno

Re: [GB] GMK Metaverse
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:19:51 »
Same, have been waiting patiently for any shipping updates for this set. Hopefully, donutcat can give us an update!

Offline hervuli

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:46:33 »
I got a USPS tracking number a couple days back, but it's still in pre-shipment.
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline bmo711xd

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:47:25 »
I'm waiting for them to ship so I can pick up one of the extras! :)

Offline kolyz

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:50:48 »
Is there a picture of the set you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go! Dead has more pictures and videos of it in his discord and on his twitch account as a VOD.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What's the keyboard called in these pictures?

Offline Ozymandias99

• Uhhh I don't know what to put here so Hello There!
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 08:57:46 »
I just received mine from MechBoards, and I have to say, it looks great! And the shipping from them was fast as always :)

However, (and I hate to be that guy) there is a key missing. This one here: 210636-0. This is kind of disappointing since I use UK-ISO and need this key. :( 
I'm not sure if it would be possible to get a new from as it's unclear if I'm the only one missing one or if it's missing in all sets. If someone else could clarify that would be great.

My set: 210634-1 (it's not under the sticker haha)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 09:57:06 »
Looks like an Exent to me

Offline kolyz

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 10:07:32 »
Looks like an Exent to me
Yup I think you're right, thanks a lot!  ;D

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:27:52 »
I just received mine from MechBoards, and I have to say, it looks great! And the shipping from them was fast as always :)

However, (and I hate to be that guy) there is a key missing. This one here: (Attachment Link) . This is kind of disappointing since I use UK-ISO and need this key. :( 
I'm not sure if it would be possible to get a new from as it's unclear if I'm the only one missing one or if it's missing in all sets. If someone else could clarify that would be great.

My set: (Attachment Link) (it's not under the sticker haha)

Maybe yours was mis-sorted, you got qty 2 of the | \ key. I do not have my set but maybe someone else can chime in. Edit: after looking at the video from DeadEncryption, there are 3 white | \ keys, and your key is missing. Not sure what happened.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 12:32:07 by iliketimex »

Offline Ozymandias99

• Uhhh I don't know what to put here so Hello There!
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 15:31:35 »

However, (and I hate to be that guy) there is a key missing. This one here: (Attachment Link) . This is kind of disappointing since I use UK-ISO and need this key. :( 

My set: (Attachment Link) (it's not under the sticker haha)

Maybe yours was mis-sorted, you got qty 2 of the | \ key. I do not have my set but maybe someone else can chime in. Edit: after looking at the video from DeadEncryption, there are 3 white | \ keys, and your key is missing. Not sure what happened.

Looking at that video, he is also missing the same key as me. Also, we both have three white 1u | \ keys (one of them is under the sticker in my picture so you can't see it), whereas if you look at the original kit photo (https://i.imgur.com/B9v7BdI.png) there should only be 2 of them, one R1 and one R4. The extra one I have is R3, and I suspect DeadEncryption does as well. This key is never shown in the original photo, and R3 is also the profile of the key that is missing. It appears the there has been a printing error, where instead of the @' key, a |\ was printed instead. Obviously we need more people to confirm this, but it is very unusual if this has happened.

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 16:26:10 »
I emailed DonutCables 3 days ago regarding where they stood in shipping and shipping order number as I was curious since my order number is in the 1900s and response that I received a day later was that they were in  the 1600s for orders that are ready to go out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 16:29:22 by Genuine.Senpai »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:03:48 »
I will look back through communication with GMK about the set and see if I see anything about those ISO keys. I do remember there was discussion about sublegends availability with ISO keys, but I do not recall in which direction that went off the top of my head.

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:14:40 »
I will look back through communication with GMK about the set and see if I see anything about those ISO keys. I do remember there was discussion about sublegends availability with ISO keys, but I do not recall in which direction that went off the top of my head.

While you're here, do you have an expected day/date when all the US orders will be shipped out and/or at least have their label created?

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 18:50:44 »

While you're here, do you have an expected day/date when all the US orders will be shipped out and/or at least have their label created?

I just got my tracking info moments ago, FWIW. I think I ordered the first day of the GB, again FWIW (lower 1700s)
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 18:53:33 by PoochZag »
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 19:57:36 »
Exciting! I'm exactly 1700 so hopefully that means I'll be getting a similar message soon-ish!

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 21:14:37 »

I just got my tracking info moments ago, FWIW. I think I ordered the first day of the GB, again FWIW (lower 1700s)

I ordered towards the mid-end of the GB and sitting in the low 1900s. So, I still got time I believe.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 00:06:07 »
Any chance of  extras of those sweet RAMA caps or were those only made to order? 
That raw aluminum one, wew

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 18:11:53 »
Anyone else in the 1900s get their confirmation yet?

Offline city

• twitch
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 18:21:45 »
I am in the low 1700s and I haven't received anything yet.

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 22:07:13 »
I'm in low 1700's and nothing yet.

Offline foo4542

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 03:25:08 »
woohoo just got a shipping noti from zFrontier.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:31:58 »
I just got a shipping notification from zFrontier this evening also :)

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 12:30:59 »
Hey there. Do you have any idea if mechboards will also get extra sets? Thank you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 January 2019, 14:24:00 by LazyAfternoons »

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 17:43:46 »
my set arrived and I'm also missing that ISO key. The sub legend issue Donutcable mentioned should not matter as these 2 ISO keys were not meant to have sub legends anyway.

Kind of a bummer since I need that key!! Any ideas on what will happen now? Has this happened before with any sets?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 04:16:20 »
Hey there. Do you have any idea if mechboards will also get extra sets? Thank you.

I've got 1 set left (no extras, just base set)

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 05:52:44 »

Are you going to put it up on the website?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 06:16:31 »
I will only want to sell this to EU customers as I'm sure Donut will have some extra in the US.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:21:27 »
I will only want to sell this to EU customers as I'm sure Donut will have some extra in the US.

I'm in the UK and interested

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:41:20 »

Hey, thanks for your reply! I'm really interested as well. I'm from EU (Italy).
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:45:56 by LazyAfternoons »

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 08:20:46 »
Just to be clear, I'm not fighting lazy for it since he asked.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 11:48:58 »
I just wanted to let everyone know that today, the Missing `@ key was brought to my attention. I was not aware of its removal and am working on finding out what happened.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 12:00:56 »
So it would appear that I personally made a bit of an oversight concerning the ISO keys back when the set was being ordered. Several people at the time were complaining that none of the available R3 ISO keys in the set would match the rest of the set with sublegends. I talked with GMK about it, and given that the |\ key is the only one with a sublegend, I was given the choice to change one of the other R3 keys with that one for no change in set price. As I didn't realize that some ISO layouts actually use both of the keys, mostly because there are lots of sets that only give one or the other, I figured that would be the right choice to give those complaining the chance to use a wrong legend key to get the sublegend, and(incorrectly) thinking that "normal" ISO users would be unaffected by the change of keys. What compounded the issue was that, between dealing with the MOQ issues of the child kits and the largest number of invoice-dodgers in a buy I've run to date, I apparently never posted the updated mockup I was given that showed this change so no one else was made aware of the change.

I do sincerely apologize for these oversights and the effect they've had on those who have bought the set who needed the missing key. I will be getting in touch with GMK and seeing if there is any way that I can possibly get ahold of some of the missing key in order to send to the affected ISO users.

Offline Augment_GEAR

• Keeb Dweeb Noob
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 12:07:39 »
I just got mine, its a beautiful set. Thanks for running this GB, really. Really happy with these keycaps, never thought I'd ever see a Persona keyset.
Now I have to figure out a worthy build to mount these God-Tier keycaps on.
Currently driving Tokyo 60 w/ GMK Metaverse, T1 Switches

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #232 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 12:17:37 »
Is there an approximate time for when the extra sets go on sale for USA/Canada?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #233 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 12:55:03 »
Just to be clear, I'm not fighting lazy for it since he asked.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Of course I'm not fighting either, I'm just really excited about getting a chance to buy this set. Let's see how mechboards decides to sell the extra set.

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 13:05:23 »
Can we buy Donut cables extras if we live in Europe?

Offline bmo711xd

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 13:14:30 »
Can we buy Donut cables extras if we live in Europe?
When will there be extras?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 14:06:17 »
No set time for extras to go up yet. They'll be up after all GB orders are out.

Offline krey

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 19:01:36 »
I just received mine. They look great!
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 19:46:29 »
Receiving mine on Monday eeeeeee

Offline MFahim

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 07:55:07 »
I suppose zfrontier will have the AS extra sets, except that their website hasnt been updated since november

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 11:44:26 »
So it would appear that I personally made a bit of an oversight concerning the ISO keys back when the set was being ordered. Several people at the time were complaining that none of the available R3 ISO keys in the set would match the rest of the set with sublegends. I talked with GMK about it, and given that the |\ key is the only one with a sublegend, I was given the choice to change one of the other R3 keys with that one for no change in set price. As I didn't realize that some ISO layouts actually use both of the keys, mostly because there are lots of sets that only give one or the other, I figured that would be the right choice to give those complaining the chance to use a wrong legend key to get the sublegend, and(incorrectly) thinking that "normal" ISO users would be unaffected by the change of keys. What compounded the issue was that, between dealing with the MOQ issues of the child kits and the largest number of invoice-dodgers in a buy I've run to date, I apparently never posted the updated mockup I was given that showed this change so no one else was made aware of the change.

I do sincerely apologize for these oversights and the effect they've had on those who have bought the set who needed the missing key. I will be getting in touch with GMK and seeing if there is any way that I can possibly get ahold of some of the missing key in order to send to the affected ISO users.

Ok no worries, it happens. Please keep us updated here on this as I will have to sell my set if GMK don't come through.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 20:21:26 »
Really liked the way the gray kit turned out.

| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 08:11:34 »
I'm getting worried that I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation, yet.

This feels like just like P5's multiple delays.  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 08:14:31 by blakstealth »

Offline techmecha

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 09:45:15 »
I got mine from Donut the other day and I was in the high 1700s

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 12:28:45 »
I emailed Donutcables Sunday and received a response on Monday that he was currently around 1744. So, he's making progress especially with techmecha saying that he was in the high 1700s. I'm in the low 1900s, so I'm still waiting on my personal shipping information.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 16:40:45 »
As of yesterday orders up to number 1830 should have received shipping notification/tracking information. Still steadily working through orders best I can at the moment.

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 18:32:43 »
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  :thumb:

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 21:58:18 »
So close 1869

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:53:46 »
Really liked the way the gray kit turned out.
wow, the gray keycaps match your keyboard very nicely.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 16:20:29 »
Small heads up, a few of the recent orders won't show any movement on the tracking until next week, out of the about six total people that work at my post office, the one that runs the front counter was out yesterday so they weren't receiving any mail. I'll plan to have them out early next week.