Author Topic: Advice needed Pre-Mod disaster  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Enzyme

• http://www.kdclan.net
Advice needed Pre-Mod disaster
« on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 08:10:07 »
Firstly hello's to all  o/       <
i found your site after Purchasing a TG3 BL82 and searching for mod info.

i have high hopes for modding it into something a bit retro 90's style.
(i miss my C64 and competition pro joystick's)

i've ordered a clear/red deck case, a sound activated red neon tube (10":tongue1:),
some red led's and some clear square tapered feet.

the idea is to stick the tube in the back (sound level controlled via pc fan noise)
gonna drill holes into the base under the clear feet and pop some led's in.
looking to customise a few keys (esc key, change prtsc to a win key, pgup and pg down are gonna be the volume keys)
and i also want to have my gaming sig pic backlit at the front.
as well as getting the rear inscribed with some text.

yes... i like my BL82 :madgrin:

now the questions i have....i know the deck boards have perimiter led holes, does the tg3 have the same or similar connections?
and also how many led's can be connected?

ive looked at a few pics and the boards have a different layout, i saw what i thought were led circuits around the edge just in different positions but im not sure if its possible to connect there.
idealy id need 5 led's connected, 4 red and 1 white.

i see there are some very knowledgable people here so i thought id ask and hope for some info. :nod:

Offline Enzyme

• http://www.kdclan.net
Advice needed Pre-Mod disaster
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 09:44:26 »
its here, im typing on it, but i like to research and plan ahead or else i just start doing silly things n break stuff :D
gonna wait till all the parts arrive before i strip it down, and i have a friend who is a camera grip who im going to ask very nicely to assist as im sure he will do a better job of it than myself (especially the soldering), hoping to make a one day project out of it.