Author Topic: Post Your Vinyl Records!  (Read 242344 times)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Post Your Vinyl Records!
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 19:42:22 »

Here's a few of my favorites

Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens. Limited to 5000 releases in the original run (which this is one of). Easily my favorite record I currently own.
Show Image

Show Image

J Dilla - Donuts. First record I ever got! Huge fan of Dilla, and I love the Donut slipmats.
Show Image

Show Image

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them. Blu & Exile's second album. Not as good as their first album, but still solid, and I love the cover art and vinyl.
Show Image

Show Image

Ok you can intercept my package, I'm going to steal those donuts. Want those so bad.

I'll leave a trail of crumbs behind me  ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:41:27 »

Here's a few of my favorites

Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens. Limited to 5000 releases in the original run (which this is one of). Easily my favorite record I currently own.
Show Image

Show Image

J Dilla - Donuts. First record I ever got! Huge fan of Dilla, and I love the Donut slipmats.
Show Image

Show Image

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them. Blu & Exile's second album. Not as good as their first album, but still solid, and I love the cover art and vinyl.
Show Image

Show Image

Ok you can intercept my package, I'm going to steal those donuts. Want those so bad.

I'll leave a trail of crumbs behind me  ;)

nice! Doughnuts is amazing. Love that pressing of it.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:40:50 »

Trenzafeeds and demik been kind enough to send me lots of music on vinyl lately. I really wish I had a record player to enjoy it all. I gotta find one soon. For now, I'm just enjoying the art and lyric sheets/gatefolds.

Thank you both <3

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:51:14 »
Show Image

The new Naked Gods album is quite amazing. Local favorites that really have had heaps of potential for years. Here is a great article about them
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/naked-gods-stalled-because-of-moves-marriages-babies-and-a-fight-with-cancer-theyre-now-better-than-ever/Content?oid=4946446

Yoooo, I need to snag this from you at some point.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:16:57 »
Show Image

The new Naked Gods album is quite amazing. Local favorites that really have had heaps of potential for years. Here is a great article about them
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/naked-gods-stalled-because-of-moves-marriages-babies-and-a-fight-with-cancer-theyre-now-better-than-ever/Content?oid=4946446

how bout I just send one straight to yo door?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:49:11 »
Show Image

Invoice me, bby.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 23:14:00 »
I've been trying not to spend so much on vinyl lately but it never really ends. So here's Local Natives and some Primus

Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 00:30:19 »
Show Image

Invoice me, bby.

**** you, no.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:55:43 »
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:25:25 »
Artsy shot of some records:

Here's my setup when I was at my old apartment.

>

Music Hall mmf2.2le with a Music Hall Acrylic Platter, Denon DL-110 Cartridge, Speed Box II, Phono Box S, and the Alchemist Record Clamp (grabbed this on eBay from China, took a while to get here but the quality is excellent. Heavyweight, and fits like a glove).

Last time I tried using my table, however, the table wasn't spinning at the proper speeds (sometimes it was fine, most of the time it was speed up, slow down, etc.). I'm thinking I need a new belt, which I hope is the only issue. Currently living in a house now, so I'll probably order the belt soon and get this badboy setup again.

Still hunting for my grail record, John Frusciante's Shadows Collide with People. One day...

EDIT: **** it, just bought a new belt. Fingers crossed this fixes it!
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:28:13 by dgneo »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:32:01 »
Last time I tried using my table, however, the table wasn't spinning at the proper speeds (sometimes it was fine, most of the time it was speed up, slow down, etc.). I'm thinking I need a new belt, which I hope is the only issue. Currently living in a house now, so I'll probably order the belt soon and get this badboy setup again.

With a new table like you've got, this is very unlikely, but I've had issues with my vintage table stuttering a bit due to a dirty pot.  Just in case you ever encounter that too.  :P

Oh, and nice pics.  :thumb:  :D

Also just saw your edit, let us know how the belt swap goes!

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:34:34 »

With a new table like you've got, this is very unlikely, but I've had issues with my vintage table stuttering a bit due to a dirty pot.  Just in case you ever encounter that too.  :P

I thought this too, however I removed the old belt and it did seem like it was stretched out a bit (in all honestly, this thing probably sat for over a year without being used (and the guide does recommend removing the belt if it's gonna sit for an extended period of time), as the floors in the old apartment were awful, and everything shook when people walked above or below us :( ), as it slid off way to easy.

I know it may be a waste of money, but I figured I'd start there and hope it fixes it instead of ripping it apart.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:39:09 »

I thought this too, however I removed the old belt and it did seem like it was stretched out a bit (in all honestly, this thing probably sat for over a year without being used (and the guide does recommend removing the belt if it's gonna sit for an extended period of time), as the floors in the old apartment were awful, and everything shook when people walked above or below us :( ), as it slid off way to easy.

I know it may be a waste of money, but I figured I'd start there and hope it fixes it instead of ripping it apart.

No no, it's very likely the culprit in your case. I wouldn't expect it to be a waste. I was just blabbering about my own situation.  :P 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:40:49 »
I'm going to use one of those crosley all in one things. RIP my vinyl

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:42:56 »

No no, it's very likely the culprit in your case. I wouldn't expect it to be a waste. I was just blabbering about my own situation.  :P 

No worries, was just checking out your old table too. Beautiful, those old Pioneers really are solid TTs. My buddy has one as well, and absolutely adores it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:46:58 »

No worries, was just checking out your old table too. Beautiful, those old Pioneers really are solid TTs. My buddy has one as well, and absolutely adores it.

Yeah it was served me well for a few years now.  :)  I've considered upgrading, but I just don't need it right now, so I've been putting it off.  One of these days the speed control pot is going to push me over the edge though and I'll splurge a bit.  :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 08:51:33 »

Yeah it was served me well for a few years now.  :)  I've considered upgrading, but I just don't need it right now, so I've been putting it off.  One of these days the speed control pot is going to push me over the edge though and I'll splurge a bit.  :))

:|

I recall the speed

Offline sgtpopwell

• "A great big bushy beard!"
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:09:44 »
Great score at a local record shop today! $4!

F77, Filco TKL, IBM Industrial, TKC1800, CST Laser-trac

Patiently waiting for the Model F77

Offline sgtpopwell

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 23:16:54 »
Merry Christmas to me! Found all four of these in the "new arrivals" bin at my local shop. All used. Can't believe somebody got rid of these, bust have needed the cash. Unfortunately the Minutemen is actually missing disc 1 of 2 but the guy gave it to me for $2 so it was still worth it!.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #269 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:27:04 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 23:56:33 »

Oh, and nice pics.  :thumb:  :D

Also just saw your edit, let us know how the belt swap goes!

Hopefully its just the belt. I change the one on my main table once a year so I'm not entirely sure how long they last  :confused:

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #271 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 00:14:32 »
I just got this as a Christmas gift, very excited!

Also I'd like to say, nice Dual 721 YoungMichael88! I own a Dual 1218 myself. I'm a sucker for wood plinth turntables.

Offline sgtpopwell

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 01:02:49 »
I have a Dual full-auto in the closet that used to be my main deck. One day I'll fix the outputs on it and it will once again spin...

currently listening to:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:50:35 »
I have a Dual full-auto in the closet that used to be my main deck. One day I'll fix the outputs on it and it will once again spin...

currently listening to:

I have that same red shelf! minus mine is in the kitchen :( waiting until the next time we move so I can claim it for its proper use  ^-^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:25:51 »
FIXED MY TURNTABLE YA BOYYY

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:26:34 »

WHAT ENDED UP BEING THE PROBLEM

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:27:55 »

STUPID ****ING BAND FELL OFF SO NOTHING WAS STOPPING THE MOTOR

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:28:54 »

STUPID ****ING BAND FELL OFF SO NOTHING WAS STOPPING THE MOTOR

Like, the little black band that goes around the platter?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:30:52 »
Yeah that stupid ****. No idea how the hell that happened.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:33:13 »

Yeah that stupid ****. No idea how the hell that happened.

L O L

I seem to recall the band needing to put put on out of box, you check the instructions?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:35:26 »
Bruh. I'm not that stupid. I put the band on correctly when I bought it. For some reason it came off?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:38:25 »
Bruh. I'm not that stupid. I put the band on correctly when I bought it. For some reason it came off?

Could be old/loose/just crap quality. Needledoctor.com has bands for everything. A replacement may be worth buying if they are only a few bucks, even just to weed out the issue. I may possibly have one that will fit, ill check my stash when I get home and let you know first just in case  :thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 20:47:41 »

Well this is interesting...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 08:45:37 »

Yeh, I sooooo want one of those! They are gonna cost an arm and a leg though, so… I'll stay with my trusty old SL-1210 I guess.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:59:54 »

Ugh, that price.  :(  Where is the consumer version?? 

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:05:44 »

4k can buy you a much, much better TT than this sadly. Cool nonetheless. The standard version could be interesting.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:10:15 »

4k can buy you a much, much better TT than this sadly. Cool nonetheless. The standard version could be interesting.

Yep, exactly.  I'd hope for a consumer version that's closer to $400, but knowing the popularity of the old models and all the hype, I'm worried it'll still be a whole lot more.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:29:26 »

Yep, exactly.  I'd hope for a consumer version that's closer to $400, but knowing the popularity of the old models and all the hype, I'm worried it'll still be a whole lot more.

I think it's nuts to make a limited edition turntable that is worth *MAX* 600.00 and sell it for $4000.  But I suppose there are 1200 really rich people out there that will buy it just to say they have it.

What about the SOTA Sapphire?  *wink*

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 23:43:35 »

I think it's nuts to make a limited edition turntable that is worth *MAX* 600.00 and sell it for $4000.  But I suppose there are 1200 really rich people out there that will buy it just to say they have it.

Absolutely, Others like the Thorens TD 295, Clearaudio Concept, Rega RP8, or Clearaudio Performance will all outdo the 1200. There are a lot of options in the 1k-1.5k range that are honestly good enough that spending more is a bit silly unless the rest of your system is up to par. I sure as **** know mine isnt.

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:02:52 »

Absolutely, Others like the Thorens TD 295, Clearaudio Concept, Rega RP8, or Clearaudio Performance will all outdo the 1200. There are a lot of options in the 1k-1.5k range that are honestly good enough that spending more is a bit silly unless the rest of your system is up to par. I sure as **** know mine isnt.

I'd say the new 1200 is aimed at the kind of hi-fi direct drive fans who would love to have the old SP-10mk3 (yeh, those aren't cheap either). Sure there are lots of silly "you have to move the rubber band to the other pulley to change speed of that massive rock you'll have to help get started spinning or you'll break something" tables that sound really nice, but that's hardly the point here as those aren't really the competition :) I'd love to see a drive only version like the SP-10 though, letting you choose your plinth and tonearm.

I've heard that when the limited run is over, the "standard" version will still cost just as much as the limited edition. Not much difference bewteen them though.. magnesium arm upgrade plus a flashy badge on the limited version. So.. yes, this will be a pricey thing in both its incarnations.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 11:57:47 »
Had a decent psych haul these last few weeks. 60's psych is definitely the largest genre in my collection. Found a few folk/country/jazz gems as well. I pretty much do all of my shopping at Nice Price Books $ Records in Raleigh NC. World class shop with a ton of stuff constantly being put out.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:50:48 »
Had a decent psych haul these last few weeks. 60's psych is definitely the largest genre in my collection.

Yoooooo, you need to hit me up with some recommendations, man.  Always enjoyed psych, but never dove in real deep. :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:43:38 »
Yoooooo, you need to hit me up with some recommendations, man.  Always enjoyed psych, but never dove in real deep. :thumb:

Can, and will do  :thumb:

Some of my favorites with a playlist from tunes from each, part 1.
Playlist: http://8tracks.com/livingspeedbump/smoke-and-incense-part-1

And part 2
Playlist: http://8tracks.com/livingspeedbump/smoke-and-incense-part-2 (slightly NSFW cover)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:38:33 »
What do you guys recommend in terms of like instrumental type music? Just some chill type stuff. I'm almost done with getting the albums I really want now I'm trying to branch out into other stuff. Nothing too hyped tho. Just something you can listen to while partaking in mind altering activities >.> <.<

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:52:27 »
What do you guys recommend in terms of like instrumental type music? Just some chill type stuff. I'm almost done with getting the albums I really want now I'm trying to branch out into other stuff. Nothing too hyped tho. Just something you can listen to while partaking in mind altering activities >.> <.<
What kind of instrumental?  :D
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:02:07 »
What kind of instrumental?  :D
Similar to blockhead, rjd2, kruder/dorfmeister. I don't know many artists which is why I'm asking OuO

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:50:24 »

Don't know exactly what vibes you're going for, but I like to chill to Washed Out. I'm blanking on the others I frequent, but I'll take a look once I'm home.

If you like some vocals in the mix, I cannot recommend The Black Keys - Turn Blue enough for these so-called activities. Wayyyyy more chill and refined than their usual lo-fi sound.

If this is way off base tho lemme know.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:52:32 »

Express Rising. There is nothing more chill. Thank me later  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 17:05:26 »

Don't know exactly what vibes you're going for, but I like to chill to Washed Out. I'm blanking on the others I frequent, but I'll take a look once I'm home.

If you like some vocals in the mix, I cannot recommend The Black Keys - Turn Blue enough for these so-called activities. Wayyyyy more chill and refined than their usual lo-fi sound.

I ****ing love the black keys. I know it's vague but just... chill lol. Anyway I'll check it out!

Express Rising. There is nothing more chill. Thank me later  :thumb:

I will check it out.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 17:12:06 »

I ****ing love the black keys. I know it's vague but just... chill lol. Anyway I'll check it out!

Ah, okay.  That helps.  I only see you post the hip hops, so I always forget what else you're into.  xD