Author Topic: [MASSDROP] [IC] Fully programmable numpad physical layouts  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Parak

[MASSDROP] [IC] Fully programmable numpad physical layouts
« on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 17:10:12 »
Vote here: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/physical-layouts-for-a-fully-programmable-standalone-usb-numpad :)

This applies to physical (plate and pcb) layouts only, as due to being fully reprogrammable the legends don't matter. Keycap choices and legends will be voted and/or decided on after the physical layout is chosen.

Mod Edit: Added "[MASSDROP]" to the subject and exposed link.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 08:13:05 by infiniti »

Offline thelectronicnub

• drowning in keyboards
Re: [IC] Fully programmable numpad physical layouts
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 18:12:00 »
I really like the Sidekick, it could make for a useful macro board or something like that
KUL ES-87 w/MX Greens

B/S/T Thread

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 23:06:24 »
Along with fully programmable it would be nice it actually sent the correct key codes.
I don't know why but it is very common to use the reuse the key codes from the main keys making programming a pair.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline Parak

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 23:42:29 »
Yep, any of the USB HID keycodes will be usable, including the keypad specific ones.

Offline Data

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 22:21:28 »
Voted for ambi.  I'm kinda sad standard layout is winning.  People are so ****ing boring sometimes.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 02:27:13 »
I actually have a programmable numberpad in the works. It uses a bent aluminum case similar to the Infinity to keep costs down. It should be done by the time my GB for the TK78 goes live.

Offline Parak

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:09:15 »
I actually have a programmable numberpad in the works. It uses a bent aluminum case similar to the Infinity to keep costs down. It should be done by the time my GB for the TK78 goes live.

Neat - hopefully the features and layouts will be sufficiently different so that they don't step on each other's foot too much :)

Feature set for this one is a bit up in the air still, but at the very least it will be chainable to the upcoming ergodox.. and maaaaybe some extra fancy blinkenlights :p

Offline Parak

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:11:10 »
Voted for ambi.  I'm kinda sad standard layout is winning.  People are so ****ing boring sometimes.

Yeah, and I realized that the standard layout is going to be extremely unsuitable for layer remapping due to the lack of keys. So don't worry about it winning too much, as it's likely going to be quite useless for reprogrammable purposes..