Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 959781 times)

Offline johngodsmith

Suited Up Keycaps - The Hot Point Sale
« Reply #4100 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 03:33:20 »
Is hugo boi gonna come back? Never got a shot at one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - The Hot Point Sale
« Reply #4101 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 09:47:19 »
Is hugo boi gonna come back? Never got a shot at one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too! :'( Hugo was the best sculpt

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #4102 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:02:25 »
Bambino! You helped make my day amazing with these two caps on the left! https://imgur.com/Dxomg2v

Another note, how do I get imgur images to auto-display here on GH?

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #4103 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 16:37:29 »
Bambino! You helped make my day amazing with these two caps on the left! https://imgur.com/Dxomg2v

One crazy looking infernus you got there!!! Awesome sculpt!!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #4104 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:34:10 »

Congrats fellow Infernus winner! For the Imgur photos, you just need to link to the actual picture and not the album (it should have .jpg at the end). Also, you want to use the "Insert Image" button in the editor which will give you the code to put your link in between. You can even type it in manually. For example, my pic below was typed out like this
Code: [Select]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/e1k5V5k.jpg[/img]
And when typed out in a post it shows up like so:

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #4105 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:35:24 »
Dying to pick mine up, that's the crappy part about having artisans shipped to a safe location :/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #4106 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:36:38 »
Dying to pick mine up, that's the crappy part about having artisans shipped to a safe location :/

Yeah, it's temporary pain but worth it if you've ever had a cap stolen!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #4107 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:38:48 »

Yeah, it's temporary pain but worth it if you've ever had a cap stolen!
That's the thought process! I live in an apartment and I hate getting that tracking update and knowing my cap is sitting by the front door. I have mine shipped to my parents house. The peace of mind is nice, but the extra time hurts a bit :/

At least it motivates me to be a better son and see my parents more often

Offline MrTq

« Reply #4108 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:46:05 »
I love keybutos. Please make keybutos great again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #4109 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:40:37 »
Show Image

I feel you, buddy

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #4110 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:25:39 »
Show Image

I feel you, buddy

Keybuto and Legion my two favorite sculpts hands down

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #4111 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:55:25 »
Show Image

I feel you, buddy

Keybuto and Legion my two favorite sculpts hands down
A plea for a keybuto II return lmao
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 June 2018, 01:22:58 by mousetrap00 »

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #4112 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 23:01:47 »

Congrats fellow Infernus winner! For the Imgur photos, you just need to link to the actual picture and not the album (it should have .jpg at the end). Also, you want to use the "Insert Image" button in the editor which will give you the code to put your link in between. You can even type it in manually. For example, my pic below was typed out like this

Show Image

Okay thank you! I tried that previously and it didn't work but my issue was not using .jpg

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #4113 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 01:49:16 »

Show Image

Okay thank you! I tried that previously and it didn't work but my issue was not using .jpg
You can also attach the image directly without uploading it to imgur

Offline Comfortable

« Reply #4114 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 09:35:38 »
Looks like I got a package from Midas himself. Thanks Bambino, love the dedication to the theme!

Offline cribbit

« Reply #4115 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 10:27:55 »
Tracking says it's coming in today! So excited. Work stuff had pulled me out of the game for a bit but with this I think I might start jumping back in, trying to make more handwired keyboards.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #4116 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 10:34:46 »
Looks like I got a package from Midas himself. Thanks Bambino, love the dedication to the theme!
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

this colorway is so cool :p

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #4117 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 18:57:15 »

lol
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #4118 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:32:01 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Together we have a full set!

Offline Comfortable

« Reply #4119 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:52:46 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Together we have a full set!

Show Image

That's cold... Sweet, but cold...

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #4120 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 09:01:22 »
Finally got my SUK stuff in! Gotta say Bambino, these are incredible! And thanks so much for the Straight Street Flex! He is wonderful :) Now I just need to find his other brother. (Anyone out there with a straight street Snapjaw- hmu)

Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #4121 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 13:41:22 »
Wow, ghost of greed has a perfect UCF color theme. National Champs!
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Deep Thoughts
« Reply #4122 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:30:23 »
So you got a new artisan, and your collection increases by one.  Pretty exciting.  Maybe it fits your next build -- even more exciting.  But how would you feel if adding another keycap got you six free keycaps in completely new colorways? What if buying one more got you 24 free new artisans? What kind of customization options would you have then? #DeepThoughts #SUKMath

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #4123 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:41:35 »
My mind boggles at the possibilities.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #4124 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:44:06 »
So you got a new artisan, and your collection increases by one.  Pretty exciting.  Maybe it fits your next build -- even more exciting.  But how would you feel if adding another keycap got you six free keycaps in completely new colorways? What if buying one more got you 24 free new artisans? What kind of customization options would you have then? #DeepThoughts #SUKMath

Having too many different colors could be conflicting, but well, there's no reason to complain about 'free' keycaps. But for the most part, I do think that keycaps should be put to good use on keyboards, and for the most part, I much prefer having 1 or 2 matching keys over a whole row of them.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4125 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:01:37 »
You can discovery everything you need to know about everything by looking at your keebs.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #4126 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:10:56 »
Modular. Artisans.

EDIT: Doing the math, it sounds like there will be 3 interchangeable pieces per artisan. Most likely all different colors. Once you have 2 artisans, 2 * 3 = 6 different possible outcomes. 3 artisans means 3 * 3 * 3 means 27 different outcomes. 27 - 3 = 24 new possible outcomes
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:19:21 by mbsurfer »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #4127 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 17:42:19 »
Can't wait for the "Deep Thoughts".
Please give us some magic.   :eek: :eek:

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #4128 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 18:18:02 »
Modular. Artisans.

EDIT: Doing the math, it sounds like there will be 3 interchangeable pieces per artisan. Most likely all different colors. Once you have 2 artisans, 2 * 3 = 6 different possible outcomes. 3 artisans means 3 * 3 * 3 means 27 different outcomes. 27 - 3 = 24 new possible outcomes

Bgnu-thun has 2 part artisans that let you swap eyes/bodies around which is super neat. It'd be neat to see other makers implement similar tech!
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #4129 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 19:48:32 »
Bgnu-thun has 2 part artisans that let you swap eyes/bodies around which is super neat. It'd be neat to see other makers implement similar tech!
Yeah this is great for creating colorway match he doesn't offer directly

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #4130 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 22:34:30 »
I like artisans that match my keyset and keyboard. But I don't mind different color ways, maybe they will match with my future collections. :)

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #4131 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 22:35:40 »
Looking at sleepless nights now til then

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #4132 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 07:22:08 »

JET PACKS.

Jet packs on Flex. Jet packs on Snap Jaw. Jet packs on Snapper. Jet packs on Infernus. Jet packs on cavalier. Jet packs on legion. jet packs on Keybuto I/II.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - A New Kind of Keybuto
« Reply #4133 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 11:59:22 »
Okay everyone, announcement time, I'm introducing Keybuto III!

This project revisits and refines the original Keybuto design while simultaneously adding new interchangeable armor ornaments.  Every Keybuto equips a modular, resin-cast mask (mempo) and crest (maedate).  The armor ornaments can be modularly paired with other Keybuto helmet bases.   

The vision is to give you the ability to use your Keybuto even if you're like me and frequently change out your keycaps and jump between different keyboards.  You aren't locked into a single colorway, look, sculpt, stem type, or height/profile because all of these features are customizable.  It's also fun to match a Keybuto with your other artisans.  Your options increase exponentially (literally) as you add additional Keybutos, masks, and crests to your collection.  Two keybuto sets = 8 possible combinations.  Three = 27 options. Four = 64; 5 = 125... You can use a blue mask, orange mask, gold crest, white crest, red mask, skull mask, winged crest, beast mask...

More info is on the way!  I will have some late-model prototypes to check out at the upcoming Utah keyboard community meetup (June 30th), so I look forward to hearing your feedback if you'll be there.  For everyone else, I am slaving away to get you in on the action very soon.  Let me know what you think.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4134 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:02:34 »

Show Image

This project revisits and refines the original Keybuto design while simultaneously adding new interchangeable armor ornaments.  Every Keybuto equips a modular, resin-cast mask (mempo) and crest (maedate).  The armor ornaments can be modularly paired with other Keybuto helmet bases.   

Show Image

The vision is to give you the ability to use your Keybuto even if you're like me and frequently change out your keycaps and jump between different keyboards.  You aren't locked into a single colorway, look, sculpt, stem type, or height/profile because all of these features are customizable.  It's also fun to match a Keybuto with your other artisans.  Your options increase exponentially (literally) as you add additional Keybutos, masks, and crests to your collection.  Two keybuto sets = 8 possible combinations.  Three = 27 options. Four = 64; 5 = 125... You can use a blue mask, orange mask, gold crest, white crest, red mask, skull mask, winged crest, beast mask...

Show Image

Show Image

More info is on the way!  I will have some late-model prototypes to check out at the upcoming Utah keyboard community meetup (June 30th), so I look forward to hearing your feedback if you'll be there.  For everyone else, I am slaving away to get you in on the action very soon.  Let me know what you think.

Nice! Can't see the pictures, but the text itself has me hyped!

Offline schafwax

« Reply #4135 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:04:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

whoaaa that's ... siiiiiiiick

Incredible design. Cool to see the progression from keybuto I to III. Nice!

EDIT: Very nice use of your logo on the cap btw. Real slick.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:07:11 by schafwax »

Ducky Mini
MX Clears
SA Carbon

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #4136 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:19:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's working for me!  Is this any better? https://i.imgur.com/pqFaXWF.gifv

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4137 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:25:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There we go! And it's my colors!

Offline a_falling_bomb

« Reply #4138 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:26:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It wouldn't open for me unless I removed the i. between https:// and imgur. but that could be my work firewall or something weird.
Regardless, beautiful sculpts!! Very hyped!

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #4139 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:27:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh my, I need this. Raffle when? :D

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #4140 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:28:56 »
HOLY COW. This looks fantastic Bambino! I can't make it to the meetup but I really hope after a few sales I can get one to match my Hydro grail board! Great work as always
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:42:36 by funkybeat7 »

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #4141 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:45:55 »
Keybuto, yeeeessss!
I love this design, can't wait!

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #4142 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:46:24 »
This is the most insane **** I've seen in a hot minute

Offline oscdawg

« Reply #4143 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 13:03:24 »
Love the new Keybuto! Really excited to see all the different options for swappable masks! Great idea Bambino!!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #4144 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 13:25:11 »
Red Samurai dreams coming true

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #4145 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 14:04:00 »
Holy moly on a canoli, this is so amazing! Been waiting for a long time for something like this to come along! REALLY ready for the next sale :D
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #4146 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 15:30:37 »
What a great idea! Can't wait to see which sets have which colors!

Offline swangful

« Reply #4147 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 17:49:22 »
wow keybuto 3 is a beast of a cap.

EDIT: damn imgur.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 June 2018, 17:52:47 by swangful »

Offline MrTq

« Reply #4148 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:49:36 »
Awesome design. I love the keybuto III so much.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #4149 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:50:48 »
Artisans could be a lot of fun.  :thumb:
Can't wait to see the new design.