Author Topic: [IC]GMK Hydro (closed)  (Read 156498 times)

Offline Geckt

Re: [IC]GMK Hydro 🐳💦🌊 (Finalized GMK Render. August 25th 4:20AM)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 04:10:21 »
Is there support intended for original Cherry 1800s?

I see there's multiple spacebar sizes in the sketches, sure hope this set comes with support for 1800's and 6U spacebars. :thumb:

It does support 1800 including the 6u space bar, it is shown in both the base alpha color and in the blue one and you should be aware that GMK mold for these bars fits the 1800's stems positions, while SP's does not.

Schweet, thanks for the heads up.  ;D

Almost gave up looking for sets for the Cherry 1800s, because recent sets from GMK aren't designed with them in mind but for modern 1800 layouts with standard or 7U spacebars.

Right; fortunately, a few sensible group buy leaders of current ICs that will turn into buys soon, are offering the 6u option, you should be prepared to invest in them, because I think, most upcoming sets will support 6.25 and 7 units bars, only; also, you should be aware that Sprit has developed the wire in that size and he posted a picture of it today, I suppose the wire will be available soon. The original wires of this size from 1800 keyboards tend to present a bump in the middle that may clash with plates as most of the boards that carried it do not have plates, while the Sprit's is straight.
While I can bend my own thick wires for stabs, I'm not inclined to fit a plate on my 1800s unless they're universal. I like them the way they are as they absolutely sound wonderful.
(I absolutely have a thing with how keyboards sounds.)

I'm just looking to find time get my 1808 and 1867 removable mini-b modded.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 07:02:33 »

I see there's multiple spacebar sizes in the sketches, sure hope this set comes with support for 1800's and 6U spacebars. :thumb:

It does support 1800 including the 6u space bar, it is shown in both the base alpha color and in the blue one and you should be aware that GMK mold for these bars fits the 1800's stems positions, while SP's does not.

Almost gave up looking for sets for the Cherry 1800s, because recent sets from GMK aren't designed with them in mind but for modern 1800 layouts with standard or 7U spacebars.

Right; fortunately, a few sensible group buy leaders of current ICs that will turn into buys soon, are offering the 6u option, you should be prepared to invest in them, because I think, most upcoming sets will support 6.25 and 7 units bars, only; also, you should be aware that Sprit has developed the wire in that size and he posted a picture of it today, I suppose the wire will be available soon. The original wires of this size from 1800 keyboards tend to present a bump in the middle that may clash with plates as most of the boards that carried it do not have plates, while the Sprit's is straight.
While I can bend my own thick wires for stabs, I'm not inclined to fit a plate on my 1800s unless they're universal. I like them the way they are as they absolutely sound wonderful.

What do you mean by universal? Like ANSI-ISO universal cutouts? Or universal as in supporting both 1800 and 1865 bottom row?

I've been on working on a 1800 plate file for laser cutting, I've got plates for both 1800 and 1865 layouts too if you want to get some cut.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Geckt

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 07:33:39 »

What do you mean by universal? Like ANSI-ISO universal cutouts? Or universal as in supporting both 1800 and 1865 bottom row?

I've been on working on a 1800 plate file for laser cutting, I've got plates for both 1800 and 1865 layouts too if you want to get some cut.

Thanks for the assistance, but, it will be quite sometimes before I start to work on my 1800s...
I still have a soft spot for the pcb mounted cherries.  :D
Yes, universal as in compatibility for ANSI/ISO and both bottom row layouts.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 August 2016, 07:39:40 by Geckt »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 08:40:40 »

Thanks for the assistance, but, it will be quite sometimes before I start to work on my 1800s...

You mean like this?  ;D

That plate is a hybrid bottom row layout but I could make one specifically for 6+7u bottom row too  :thumb:

PCB mounted 1800s feels a bit too mushy for me, and the dowels in the bottom and top casing are made out of wet tissue paper, they just break off way too easily. Gotta start getting better at generating 3D geometries so I can have my own 1800 cases made out of aluminium

Offline Geckt

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 08:51:19 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

That plate is a hybrid bottom row layout but I could make one specifically for 6+7u bottom row too  :thumb:

PCB mounted 1800s feels a bit too mushy for me, and the dowels in the bottom and top casing are made out of wet tissue paper, they just break off way too easily. Gotta start getting better at generating 3D geometries so I can have my own 1800 cases made out of aluminium

Wow, now that's dedication.  :thumb:

That's basically it, looks like you even take into consideration with the plate for ease of switch top removal.
Yea, I will confess that was the main draw of a plate with the bottoms of the cases being very brittle and it even looks like your switches are not leveled when your case isn't fully closed up with some of them snapped off.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 09:14:19 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

Aluminium? I have a pok3r and I like so much more the supercheap $15 plastic cases... Well, if you succeed in replicating a 1800 case, you can probably make a gb for 3d printed plastic cases then ;-)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #256 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 09:17:54 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

That's basically it, looks like you even take into consideration with the plate for ease of switch top removal.
Yea, I will confess that was the main draw of a plate with the bottoms of the cases being very brittle and it even looks like your switches are not leveled when your case isn't fully closed up with some of them snapped off.

That's my main problem with 1800 series cases, there are usually two large dowels on the top case that goes into two holes on the PCB and locates it axially, but there are also two little dowels on the bottom case that keeps the PCB in the proper alignment for when you snap the top case down. The problem is that these two pins always snap off doesn't matter how careful you are. Having a plate makes for a much more secure fit when the case is closed down.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 09:19:09 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

Aluminium? I have a pok3r and I like so much more the supercheap $15 plastic cases... Well, if you succeed in replicating a 1800 case, you can probably make a gb for 3d printed plastic cases then ;-)

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves here, there's still much work to do and I'm getting there slooowly

Offline Geckt

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 10:15:44 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

That's my main problem with 1800 series cases, there are usually two large dowels on the top case that goes into two holes on the PCB and locates it axially, but there are also two little dowels on the bottom case that keeps the PCB in the proper alignment for when you snap the top case down. The problem is that these two pins always snap off doesn't matter how careful you are. Having a plate makes for a much more secure fit when the case is closed down.

I haven't have the slightest idea til I opened up one recently for a full clean up too. Will definitely follow your posts closely on updates for inspiration on the case fabrication, I however really liked to go with acrylic instead to keep the keyboard sounding as similar to the original as possible.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 August 2016, 10:18:19 by Geckt »

Offline rondg

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 08:05:58 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

Can you do a GB for your 1800 case?  ;D
I've been looking for an 1800 case for ages!  :(

Offline tofgerl

Re: [IC]GMK Hydro 🐳💦🌊 (Launches for GB Sept 17-20, 2016).
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 08:19:22 »
I never understood the love for 1800. It's like one inch shorter than the 3000, and SO much harder to get correct caps for...

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:03:00 »
I never understood the love for 1800. It's like one inch shorter than the 3000, and SO much harder to get correct caps for...

g80-1800
Dimensions (product):
approx. 405 x 180 x 44 mm

g80-3000
Dimensions (product):
approx. 470 x 195 x 44 mm

That's a difference of 65mm or 2.55 inches, which is a lot!!

If the bezel of the g80-1800 was more modern and smaller (let's say as big as the novatouch), the g80-1800 could measure only 380mm!! Which is a fantastic result.

novatouch
approx. 359 x 39 x 138 mm

the pok3r should be
292 x 103 x 38mm
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:05:53 by Giorgio »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:32:53 »

You mean like this?  ;D
Show Image

Can you do a GB for your 1800 case?  ;D
I've been looking for an 1800 case for ages!  :(

Jesus settle down people  :))

I've only just started modelling the original 1800 plastic case and the moulded supports, it will be a long while before I make something noteworthy  :p

It's a full size keyboard within a TKL form factor. What's not to like?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:53:06 »
I'm totally lost. What's with the 1800 talk?

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 10:16:12 »
Woo, good to see a date set for the drop! Now we wait in anticipation for the cost.  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 11:28:03 »
I'm totally lost. What's with the 1800 talk?

Ignore it, totally off topic  :p

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 11:51:46 »
HURRY UP.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 11:57:30 »
Can't wait for this drop, those novelties are a must.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 12:22:11 »
Can't wait for this drop; those colors are a must.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 12:29:11 »
Relevant.
Found this in the internetz...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 12:29:35 »
Can't wait for this drop, those bumps are a must.
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 12:31:39 »
Considering my limited budget for the hobby, I just hope to be able to get this set along with the upcoming white on black one; which is a must have set, no serious keyboard aficionado can pass.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 13:47:12 »
Considering my limited budget for the hobby, I just hope to be able to get this set along with the upcoming white on black one; which is a must have set, no serious keyboard aficionado can pass.

I certainly am not, it's been a good year for GMK  :thumb:

P/S: Do you like big cats or something?  :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 14:51:26 »

I certainly am not, it's been a good year for GMK  :thumb:

P/S: Do you like big cats or something?  :p

:))

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 16:25:24 »
I'm for sure in for a set. Looks great on a white case.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 16:30:09 »
Looks great! Squirtle Squad represent

Offline KlarKuo

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 21:14:44 »
Launching so soon

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 22:58:09 »
Relevant.
Found this in the internetz...
Show Image

wow great share T0m!
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 04:33:13 »
I'm 34 years old, and I understand nothing except that I like those colours...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 09:59:19 »
I'm 34 years old, and I understand nothing except that I like those colours...

Dude, you're right around the age target of the original Pokemon. You cray.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:01:09 »
Wrong country I assume

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:04:08 »
Wrong country I assume

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Olympus Mons?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:19:19 »
For some reason Pokemon GO really ruined Pokemon for me, even though I didn't play the game, have no idea why it happened, maybe it happened before and I only realised with Pokemon GO release

I do love the Gameboy games tho, bought a 3DS ~2 years ago for the new games, they still provide 30 hours of net. guaranteed fun per game

Then I spent an awful amount of money on TCG, re-lived the old days with my brother, in those days, we weren't much on the lucky side of things - now I have a huge drawer section full of Pokemon cards

If anyone is interested, the online card game is JUST INCREDIBLE - There are just countless strategies, decks, and collecting/using cards is a breeze - I had the most annoying deck possible for example, using Pokemons and trainers that just discard energies and cards of the opponent, most people just forfeit after 1-2 turns, only the most agile decks were able to beat it

For this set, I'm interested for the colors tho and not Pokemon
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:27:47 »
For some reason Pokemon GO really ruined Pokemon for me, even though I didn't play the game, have no idea why it happened, maybe it happened before and I only realised with Pokemon GO release

I do love the Gameboy games tho, bought a 3DS ~2 years ago for the new games, they still provide 30 hours of net. guaranteed fun per game

Then I spent an awful amount of money on TCG, re-lived the old days with my brother, in those days, we weren't much on the lucky side of things - now I have a huge drawer section full of Pokemon cards

If anyone is interested, the online card game is JUST INCREDIBLE - There are just countless strategies, decks, and collecting/using cards is a breeze - I had the most annoying deck possible for example, using Pokemons and trainers that just discard energies and cards of the opponent, most people just forfeit after 1-2 turns, only the most agile decks were able to beat it

Totes agree on the TCG, but I haven't played it in a couple of years. I had no idea how to play the game before the TCG Beta was released, and when I played I was instantly hooked. Bought some boxes, made some decks, and attended a few events. Got my kid sister hooked on it so thankfully I didn't look like an old creep at the events, but after going to them I was nowhere near actual creep level.
Anywho, as a kid I was the ripe age when Blue and Red released; took the neighborhood by storm. Never got the games or a Game Boy, but years later my roommate in college was into the DS games, so I got a Lite and the GBA and DS games. played all the main series thus far save for Black 2 and X/Y.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:44:16 »

Totes agree on the TCG, but I haven't played it in a couple of years. I had no idea how to play the game before the TCG Beta was released, and when I played I was instantly hooked. Bought some boxes, made some decks, and attended a few events. Got my kid sister hooked on it so thankfully I didn't look like an old creep at the events, but after going to them I was nowhere near actual creep level.
Anywho, as a kid I was the ripe age when Blue and Red released; took the neighborhood by storm. Never got the games or a Game Boy, but years later my roommate in college was into the DS games, so I got a Lite and the GBA and DS games. played all the main series thus far save for Black 2 and X/Y.

I had a game boy, but, what no one realised was, every GB/A game in my country was a fake game at the time, even the ones Toy's R US etc. sells - and the bastards just removed conversation files from the games, so instead of conversations, random characters appeared, you couldn't reliably save the game - still, spent 1000's of hours with those versions of the games. Only a kid I knew had a genuine game, he got it from US - I kind of view Nintendo piracy as a crime against humanity

This is the online game by the way: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/ - Pro method: Buy codes from Ebay, trade packs for cards you want in game - one can get even the most rarest cards for a single booster pack, if I recall correctly. I would still play if the OSX version was decent, but it isn't

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:57:50 »

I had a game boy, but, what no one realised was, every GB/A game in my country was a fake game at the time, even the ones Toy's R US etc. sells - and the bastards just removed conversation files from the games, so instead of conversations, random characters appeared, you couldn't reliably save the game - still, spent 1000's of hours with those versions of the games. Only a kid I knew had a genuine game, he got it from US - I kind of view Nintendo piracy as a crime against humanity

This is the online game by the way: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/ - Pro method: Buy codes from Ebay, trade packs for cards you want in game - one can get even the most rarest cards for a single booster pack, if I recall correctly. I would still play if the OSX version was decent, but it isn't

Ah, yeah, meant the Online one. That's how I first starting playing it about five years ago when the booster boxes started getting the codes. Haven't played since EX's were rereleased.

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 11:02:54 »
The novelties are the bee's knees. Super fun set. Looking forward to the drop!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:05:26 »
UGH...................................

NOW THE BROWN KEY IS TAKEN OUT?!

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:15:55 »
I've got an artisan that would work pretty well with this set.'

Hit me up on reddit if you wanna trade https://www.reddit.com/user/GreyChillstep/ 

« Last Edit: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:21:28 by GreyAmbience »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:16:27 »
Is this GMK Super Mario or what? :)

Offline ba7777

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:24:48 »
more like pokermon

Offline frostylove

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:36:13 »
Please keep the brown one as original design
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:39:15 »
Please keep the brown one as original design

^

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:43:27 »
I'm on team dark blue here. I thought brown stood out very much from everything else, and not in the tasteful accent way.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:44:48 »
I'm on team dark blue here. I thought brown stood out very much from everything else, and not in the tasteful accent way.

That's actually why I preferred it: because it stood out.
Also, it was the only remaining factor in the Squirtle theme to bring out the color of the shell.

Offline frostylove

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 14:57:57 »
Can't agree more.

Just like the legendary red Cherry Esc, one stood out keycap really make it more vibrant and impressive

And one is enough.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 15:01:31 »
I definitely agree with it carrying the theme (although isn't Wartortle a darker blue? That's stretching regardless) and I like the accent, but I just don't like that shade of brown in general. That's totally on me though.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 15:08:46 »
++ with unique Esc's - brown was unique, dark blue is just bland

I've never seen a set pivot this hard and ruthlessly

Offline Jeu

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 18:47:09 »
+1 for the original brown Esc shell. Really set the set apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 18:48:43 »
+1 for the original brown Esc shell. Really set the set apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really tied the set together.