Author Topic: Colored Mionix Mice  (Read 7529 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Colored Mionix Mice
« on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 02:04:18 »
Anyone seen the new Mionix Castor?  Part of me desperately wants the Frosting or Ice Cream, but I have no clue how they feel.  I've been bouncing between my awesome Mionix Naos and CM Spawn and wondering how it feels.  The Mionix are sexy as hell though.

Ice Cream:

Frosting:

French Fries:

Shark Fin:

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Colored Mionix Mice
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 02:13:40 »
awesome

however i think the reason why most mice are black is because they get pretty gross after several months of sweaty gaming. perhaps they have worked around that issue though

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 04:21:53 »
Yeah I was really digging the look of those. I ordered a castor but I did have to just go with the black one as none of those colors fit my setup :(

awesome

however i think the reason why most mice are black is because they get pretty gross after several months of sweaty gaming. perhaps they have worked around that issue though

I don't have particularly sweaty hands, but my 2 Naos 7000s which have been in use over a year each don't seem too gross upon close inspection. The grossest part I suppose is one of them (the older one) has some particulate along those 2 seams. But you can get it out fairly easy with a paperclip.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 04:25:14 by TelFiRE »
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 00:31:42 »
Yeah I was really digging the look of those. I ordered a castor but I did have to just go with the black one as none of those colors fit my setup :(

awesome

I don't have particularly sweaty hands, but my 2 Naos 7000s which have been in use over a year each don't seem too gross upon close inspection. The grossest part I suppose is one of them (the older one) has some particulate along those 2 seams. But you can get it out fairly easy with a paperclip.

The same with any device, even when it's all BLACK you will feel your dead skin upon the plastic surface easily, let alone any grease or oils as well.

Good to see Mionix branch out with coloured Castors because their shape is untold, best ever when it was released but it still excites my ancient paws when I stroke my old castor, late at night  ;D .

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 02:39:08 »
Never heard of them so far!
... ...

Offline atarione

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 19:11:53 »
those mice are going to look disgusting after about 3weeks ..

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 20:12:48 »
I have a black castor.  It feels nice and soft.  However, the shape is a bit too flat and doesn't fit my grip.  It forces me to use a palm grip for max comfort and I am a claw/fingertip hybrid gripper. 

The G502 is the perfect mouse for my grip
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:20:25 by reececonrad »

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 22:01:29 »
I have a black castor.  It feels nice and soft.  However, the shape is a bit too flat and doesn't fit my grip.  It forces me to use a palm grip for max comfort and I am a claw/fingertip hybrid gripper. 

The G502 is the perfect mouse for my grip

Hmm that's a strange experience. The Castor is far and away meant to be a claw grip style mouse. Palm grip is much more suited to the Naos.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 April 2017, 22:03:05 by TelFiRE »
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 00:49:35 »
I've been using a Mionix Castor for a couple months. I can't say I love the ergonomics. I wish it were bigger (I had the Naos 7000 before it, but the finger shelves didn't feel the way I thought they would).

It has small finger grooves for the ring and pinky fingers, but it's too small to hold it in a way that the user's fingers actually fit into them (it's possible, but I always end up switching my grip because it doesn't feel natural). This just results in an uncomfortable bump on the side where it should just be round.

The sensor is really nice, and it is rather attractive. Scroll wheel is decent.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 01:59:58 »
I've been using a Mionix Castor for a couple months. I can't say I love the ergonomics. I wish it were bigger (I had the Naos 7000 before it, but the finger shelves didn't feel the way I thought they would).

It has small finger grooves for the ring and pinky fingers, but it's too small to hold it in a way that the user's fingers actually fit into them (it's possible, but I always end up switching my grip because it doesn't feel natural). This just results in an uncomfortable bump on the side where it should just be round.

The sensor is really nice, and it is rather attractive. Scroll wheel is decent.

I know what you mean about those side grooves for the ring and pinky finger.  I feel like I need to palm the mouse to fit my fingers there correctly, which is not my preferred grip.  I agree that the sensor is very good.  It also is lightweight and slides well on its gliders

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 13:56:03 »
First of all, please make the Avior 7000 in colors, that is really the best mouse ever known to mankind. An intellimouse with up to date internals.

I have a Castor, but like posted before. The shape is just a tad off from perfect: a bit too low. And the rubberized side grip is... too textured. After hours the feel of the texture becomes annoying and makes my thumb tingle abit.

Second of all, Castor in colors? I mean... nice marketing stunt. But does this mean they ran out of ideas? Like every year basically the same iPhone with another new color or the same Apple Watch with yet another host of bands? Or yet another OS X with even more emoticons?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Jaymanlp

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:43:28 »
Of course they release a white Castor after I already bought a black one.
Mouse feels great BTW, one of the best mice I've owned.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 06:55:47 »
I have a white desk, black mat.

Yellow or Mint Castor? Or the gray... but my GF says it's too boring. SHES BORING.

Hmmmm....
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 09:40:18 »
Bought a Steelseries Sensei a few years back.... endgame mouse

Until I found this thread..... DAT FROSTING ORDERING ASAP.