Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 185775 times)

Offline losthumans

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING
« Reply #800 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 23:18:03 »
For anyone else who got a Retro case looking for a cable, Zap! cables did a great job matching mine. Used Turquoise paracord with clear techflex.

Show Image

Just ordered a Dolch Zap for mine as well, super solid folks can't wait to receive.

Offline madindehead

« Reply #801 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 01:49:12 »
Received mine sooo excited thanks so much truly flawless!!!

http://m.imgur.com/a/ksBnz

Is that the Enigma Black? Looks stunning! Amazed you found a Novatouch that looks to be brand new! Or did you have that lying around?  :p

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 11:59:04 »

Is that the Enigma Black? Looks stunning! Amazed you found a Novatouch that looks to be brand new! Or did you have that lying around?  :p

Since he got it from OCo, I think that's just bead-blasted anodized black. The way the photo has the sunlight coming in at an angle (as oriented toward the face and camera) makes it look like the case has much more texture than it actually does.

Offline losthumans

« Reply #803 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 18:32:30 »

Since he got it from OCo, I think that's just bead-blasted anodized black. The way the photo has the sunlight coming in at an angle (as oriented toward the face and camera) makes it look like the case has much more texture than it actually does.
Yes sorry it was just the package deal from Originative and came with old stock Novatouch. There is a bit of texture but nothing like the Enigma black from what I can tell. I can't remember what colors were offered but it was limited via the Originative buy. Thanks!

Offline superpiya

« Reply #804 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 03:10:21 »
My galactic blue case has arrived, and it is gorgeous  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Any suggestions for keycap set, preferably SA ?

Penumbra?

This is what I will be pairing with my Galactic Blue this weekend.

Hello there, have you placed the keycaps? Please share us some pictures  ;)

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #805 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 12:15:25 »
Hello norbauer,

do you have a rough estimate when you can ship out the international orders that had to be changed due to the initial fault with the anodizing?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #806 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 12:36:32 »
Hello norbauer,

do you have a rough estimate when you can ship out the international orders that had to be changed due to the initial fault with the anodizing?

It would depend on the specific finish you had. Just send me an email (reply to your order receipt) and I'll be able to give you more specifics.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #807 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 10:00:04 »
Hello norbauer,

It would depend on the specific finish you had. Just send me an email (reply to your order receipt) and I'll be able to give you more specifics.
Did so, thanks

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #808 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 09:10:06 »
Can't wait for my case. I check this thread every day to see pics of everyone else's boards.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #809 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 10:39:59 »
Can't wait for my case. I check this thread every day to see pics of everyone else's boards.

Same here, and waiting on an update email from Originative on when to expect mine!  ???

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline zslane

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 11:53:25 »
I figure if I get mine by Christmas, I'll consider myself lucky.

Offline nineleveno

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 22:22:41 »
I recently bought a Tactical Gray case on mechmarket and finally got around to taking some photos:

This case really exceeded my expectations (which were already pretty high), and now I can't wait for the ones I ordered in R2.5 to come in. Excellent work, Ryan.

I also made some vinyl "washers" for the riser feet -- they seem to do a good job at preventing any scratches that could occur from tightening the riser feet against the case, and are basically undetectable once the feet are on:

Offline MMKB

« Reply #812 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 01:08:47 »
Alright, one more to the fold (wanted to catch some pretty SA reflections and as many shades as possible of the case in different lightings at the same time, so, sorry for the harsh light):

Show Image

<3 Basically what I want to look at everyday.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #813 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 23:19:52 »
Any updates on the powder coating for the tactical gray cases that were discolored?
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline zslane

« Reply #814 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 11:45:19 »
Or any update on the brushed aluminum cases that had to be re-done?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #815 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 12:28:40 »
Just built my Galactic Blue Novatouch, lubed, silenced and all that jazz.  :thumb:

http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline norbauer

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 13:14:32 »

Arrived yesterday. I'll be packing and shipping those this evening.

Any updates on the powder coating for the tactical gray cases that were discolored?

At the powder coating shop now. I machined a special jig for the shop to use when bead-blasting the cases and risers to protect the threads (which have an annoying tendency to tighten up on the powder coated cases), which I just got to them last week. So they should be bead blasting them this week and coating late this week or next. The shop is highly variable in turnaround times, so I won't venture to say when we'll get them back, but that is where things stand now.

Offline zslane

« Reply #817 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 14:26:45 »

Arrived yesterday. I'll be packing and shipping those this evening.

Offline consolation

« Reply #818 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 22:42:50 »
Just built my Galactic Blue Novatouch, lubed, silenced and all that jazz. ...

Very classy, Galactic Blue look awesome. Infact, I haven't seen a single disappointing colour so far. Norbauer, you really did an amazing job with QC and design.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #819 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 10:07:45 »
At the powder coating shop now. I machined a special jig for the shop to use when bead-blasting the cases and risers to protect the threads (which have an annoying tendency to tighten up on the powder coated cases), which I just got to them last week. So they should be bead blasting them this week and coating late this week or next. The shop is highly variable in turnaround times, so I won't venture to say when we'll get them back, but that is where things stand now.

Thanks for the update!

Just curious, but what were the most/least requested colors that have been ordered?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 17:47:57 »
Thanks, as always, for the kind words everyone. <3

Thanks for the update!

Just curious, but what were the most/least requested colors that have been ordered?

The most popular 2.5 powder colors were, in this order: retro, enigma black, venice beach, enigma gray, astrophysical purple, white, galaxy, royal wrinkle. And nobody ordered Monte Carlo red!  :))

I would have to dig up the r2 numbers by figuring out to run the right report in Shopify, but in general they were similar. Everyone seems to like retro refrigerator a lot.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #821 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 19:19:25 »
wow, surprised nobody got monte carlo red!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #822 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 19:31:44 »
I held off on Monte Carlo red to save it for my RF case :)
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 15:48:51 »
Got my shipping confirmation 6 days ago and I'm still so pumped despite the fact that the status hasn't changed, lol.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #824 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 15:53:08 »
Got my shipping confirmation 6 days ago and I'm still so pumped.

Sorry about the latency between the shipping label generation and the actual pickup, btw, eclubismo. All the boxes in this latest round are now with carriers, but it took me a while to get them to the three different carriers with the small handful of boxes I sent out last week.

Also: don't be alarmed if you're still waiting on a case from me that was a powder-coat finish replacement for a gray ano case from r2. Those are mostly still at the shop being worked on right now.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #825 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 18:50:13 »
These cases are sweet. I gotta find some time to crank out all the builds so I can post pictures of the finished boards. At the very least, I should have them done by the November meetup in Palo Alto, CA.

And FYI: if you are looking to get a matching cable for Retro Refrigerator, the standard mint paracord is much too green. I'm currently looking into the turquoise options.

Offline richard912

« Reply #826 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 01:50:05 »
Finally got round to getting my Aerospace Aluminium case installed. I lined the bottom with a layer of 4mm automotive sound dampening foam. Pictures here https://imgur.com/a/VmtgX

Offline zslane

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 11:59:24 »
Waitaminnit. There's room in there for that much foam between a NovaTouch board and the case bottom???  :eek:

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #828 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 13:28:59 »
Finally got round to getting my Aerospace Aluminium case installed. I lined the bottom with a layer of 4mm automotive sound dampening foam. Pictures here https://imgur.com/a/VmtgX

Wow, thanks for reminding me about looking into adding some foam! I was going to do the swap this weekend and entirely forgot about lining the inside. I'll probably grab some toolbox liner or equivalent from a home improvement store.

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #829 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 11:21:51 »

How would you describe the difference in sound/typing feel after installing the dampening foam? This is a mod I've had back-of-mind, but haven't pulled the trigger on...

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #830 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 21:48:56 »
I got my space white case! This is going to sound stupid, but how do I remove the usb connector portion?

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #831 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 21:55:14 »
Nevermind figured it out. Forgot the black part around the connector was not part of the case

Offline norbauer

« Reply #832 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 11:22:26 »
Nevermind figured it out. Forgot the black part around the connector was not part of the case

Ah, ok. Glad you figured it out, because I wasn't quite sure what you were asking. :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #833 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 11:23:21 »
Waitaminnit. There's room in there for that much foam between a NovaTouch board and the case bottom???  :eek:

I intentionally left a bit of room for foam and to prevent any potential for electrical shorting, but most of the vertical space is clearance for that USB connector that hangs off the bottom of the PCB.

Offline zslane

« Reply #834 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 14:23:43 »
That extra space is awesome! I'm really glad it is there.

Here's my first re-case job: Brushed Tactical Gray with DSA Dolch keycaps.

179864-0

Eventually I will be putting SA Carbon on it, but the Dolch also looks terrific with the Tactical Gray!

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #835 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 14:27:25 »
That extra space is awesome! I'm really glad it is there.

Here's my first re-case job: Brushed Tactical Gray with DSA Dolch keycaps.

(Attachment Link)

Eventually I will be putting SA Carbon on it, but the Dolch also looks terrific with the Tactical Gray!

Wow, such a clean build. Dolch really does pair well with the Tactical Gray.

Offline zslane

« Reply #836 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 15:15:35 »
While I had the thing apart, I took the opportunity to install silencing rings.

These Norbauer cases are really quite exceptional. They are almost too good for the keyboard that's in them.  ;D

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #837 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 08:46:58 »
It's beautiful!!!

Offline norbauer

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:28:09 »
It's beautiful!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. I really like that finish color and keycap combination. I would never have thought of using a white case with a bright color keyset, but it works nicely.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #839 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 13:30:45 »
It's beautiful!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. I really like that finish color and keycap combination. I would never have thought of using a white case with a bright color keyset, but it works nicely.

Thanks! I was very unsure of myself when I chose spacestation white. I had decision remorse about not choosing enigma black. But that's gone now because I love this!

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #840 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 13:45:58 »
i'm afraid i just blue myself!

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #841 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:13:11 »
Any news on the r2 tactical grey replacements that are currently being powder coated?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #842 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:08:22 »

Yes sorry it was just the package deal from Originative and came with old stock Novatouch. There is a bit of texture but nothing like the Enigma black from what I can tell. I can't remember what colors were offered but it was limited via the Originative buy. Thanks!

Enjoying it? :)

Offline norbauer

« Reply #843 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 11:10:46 »
Any news on the r2 tactical grey replacements that are currently being powder coated?

I continue to wait for the powder shop to complete them. I try not to rush them, but I'll find an excuse to "drop by" the shop in the next week or so and nudge them for an update. ;)

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #844 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 23:20:20 »
Thanks Norb... just getting a little antsy over here. I don't want a rushed job either though. Will look for your update soon.

Offline zslane

« Reply #845 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 11:55:23 »
Here's this past weekend's project. Space Station White case with silenced NovaTouch and Round 6 SPH keycaps:

180328-0

These Norbauer cases are absolutely exquisite!

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:39:21 »
Here's this past weekend's project. Space Station White case with silenced NovaTouch and Round 6 SPH keycaps:

(Attachment Link)

These Norbauer cases are absolutely exquisite!

Looks awesome! What kind of numpad is that? The white really matches well with the norbatouch.

Offline zslane

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:42:34 »
The numpad is a Plum (Topre clone) numpad.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #848 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 17:59:07 »

Offline avid

« Reply #849 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 18:08:09 »
Fantastic!

Is that from a meetup or do you own 4 of them?  :D