Author Topic: Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99  (Read 4339 times)

Offline ThirstyTurtle

Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99
« on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 15:59:39 »
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Glorious Extended Gaming mat when I decided to see if I could satisfy my impatience by picking up something locally at a brick and mortar. Came across the Corsair MM300 at Best Buy and it was on sale for $19.99 ($10 off). I've seen it in several photos on these forums and find the pattern attractive. It wasn't on sale in the store but they price matched it from the website. I love it! I don't know if it's the greatest tracking surface in the world or not but I don't care as I use a trackball - I just like to have a soft surface for my keyboard, mouse, phone, coffee mug, etc. at work. $20 seems like a fantastic price for this thing!

Link:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-mm300-antifray-cloth-gaming-mouse-mat-gray-black/4800702.p?skuId=4800702&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=378&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=d8936ef3-0ae4-4284-9c7b-c0a671badffd&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg218887&ksdevice=m&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwp_DPBRCZARIsAGOZYBRsPW47qb8BAJyArl2j_pBALbN_rWLK7C9WeS6dY4XOpkJ2yRfWim8aAu1OEALw_wcB

I love it so far and it's much better than the folded-up and stapled fleece blanket that I've LITERALLY been using for 5 years haha.

Offline ThirstyTurtle

Re: Corsair MM300 Extended Gaming Mat for $19.99
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 19:05:04 »
Here it is in action

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 09:24:02 »
Nice!  I think Best Buy still has these on sale.

Love the trackball btw!  How do you have a red ball though?  My wife's has the blueish ball and my vintage wired ones are the only ones I've seen with a red ball.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 01:45:30 »
We have an extended mat around our cat's box. I haven't seen him game on it, but you never know what they do at night.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:43:46 »
YOU SHOULD SEE IF YOU CAN FIND A GAMING MAT FOR CHEAPER. $20 IS OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED SWITCHING TO WINDOWS 98?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 18:45:21 »
$20 is not outrageous for good quality mat. I don't care for the graphics on the Corsair though.

I picked up a large Reflex Labs mat from Amazon for $20.
183525-0

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WY1BDZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:45:02 »
We have an extended mat around our cat's box. I haven't seen him game on it, but you never know what they do at night.
Multi-purpose mat!  You can game!  You can...umm...

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:45:22 »
$20 is not outrageous for good quality mat. I don't care for the graphics on the Corsair though.

(Attachment Link)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WY1BDZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nice!  Love the keyboard too!  Is that a daily driver?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 02:42:59 »
You know, this actually seems like an awesome approach—classy look, no separate mouse pad to fuss with.

The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

(Keeb, BTW.)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 16:17:41 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice!  Love the keyboard too!  Is that a daily driver?

I will alternate boards from time to time but for now I have been using my F107 as a daily driver at home.

You know, this actually seems like an awesome approach—classy look, no separate mouse pad to fuss with.

The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

(Keeb, BTW.)

I am not sure a desk mat could make a 12 lb keyboard with a metal case feel less solid  :)) I don't feel like it has any affect with typing, at least as far as I can tell. Also the nice thing about this mat is that it does not absorb moisture which is nice if you or someone else likes to spill stuff.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:40:30 »
...The only thing I wonder about: Does it affect typing at all? Does the keeb feel less solid?

I am not sure a desk mat could make a 12 lb keyboard with a metal case feel less solid  :)) I don't feel like it has any affect with typing, at least as far as I can tell.

12 pounds?? What are you typing on, a cinder block?

Offline JP

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 11:52:34 »
Okay fine, maybe I am exaggerating but my IBM F107 must weight at least 9-10 pounds so it may as well be a cinder block. The 12 pounds was counting the box it shipped with when I got it. The case of this keyboard is metal unlike the majority of IBM's Model F keyboards which were plastic.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 00:52:59 »
Okay fine, maybe I am exaggerating but my IBM F107 must weight at least 9-10 pounds so it may as well be a cinder block. The 12 pounds was counting the box it shipped with when I got it. The case of this keyboard is metal unlike the majority of IBM's Model F keyboards which were plastic.

Yeah dude, I dig the battleships too.