Author Topic: It's been a while, but these little tokens make me think about this place!  (Read 3887 times)

Offline WRXChris

I miss the simpler times!  My past 5 years have been spent shredding some epic pow on snowboards and snowmobiles, and phenomenal mountain biking in the summertime in the high rockies, and because of my selfish escape from citylife I missed out on the initial crypto run.  Watched my forgotten btc grown into something meaningful, began mining eth, bought new mechs for various purposes, all while staring at these little guys that reminded me of this fun little community that helped bring mechs to the masses!!  Good work friends, old members and new, thanks Hoffman for following through on the GH60 debacle, shout out to any old heads still around, I miss this place!
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:45:43 by WRXChris »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: It's been a while, but these little tokens make me think about this place!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:45:19 »
Ah, the simpler times are long gone.

I can remember when we'd recommend a Ducky, Filco or QFR based on requirements.

SP and Clack made keycaps.

That was about it.

GH is always here, you're welcome to return at any time :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 04:47:48 »
Yooooooooooo WRXChris!

Jealous of your lifestyle. Best times of my life spent on snowboards and snowmobiles.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Deefenestrate

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 09:24:36 »
How is the crypto mining business these days?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:39:37 »
Ah, the simpler times are long gone.

I can remember when we'd recommend a Ducky, Filco or QFR based on requirements.

SP and Clack made keycaps.

That was about it.

GH is always here, you're welcome to return at any time :)

2013 was a different time for sure
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:51:35 »
The feels man!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 23:16:16 »
^ Hey Whisker's back!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 00:06:08 »
WRXChris, whiskerBox, reaper...it’s like a time warp in this thread
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 01:30:07 »
WRXChris, whiskerBox, reaper...it’s like a time warp in this thread

you're here too
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 07:18:46 »
Hey guys!!! Hahaha like every thread is family reunited lol.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 09:35:53 »
Yup, all we need now are boost, nivlaC (read that backward  ;) ), demik (whom just got married), etc..  well the list just goes on and on.  :)
Din Eli

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 22:07:35 »
Yup, all we need now are boost, nivlaC (read that backward  ;) ), demik (whom just got married), etc..  well the list just goes on and on.  :)
Demik got married!!!! Well that's awesome

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 14:53:37 »
Show Image
Show Image

Yup, I think it was just last week. He posted on IG.
Din Eli

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 15:34:41 »
demik live happily ever after

internet anger gone

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:43:54 »

:eek:

Congratulations to demik and all the best to mrs demik :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ