Author Topic: Staggered Fully-Programmable with MIT Planck-Style Thumb Area  (Read 1201 times)

Offline salembeats

Staggered Fully-Programmable with MIT Planck-Style Thumb Area
« on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:10:12 »
Hey guys, first post here.

Been on the fence about picking up a Planck lately.

The price isn't a huge deal, and the "assembly required" nature seems like it might be a little fun, but I have no faith in ortho layouts.

Is anyone aware of a keyboard (or a kit like the Planck) I can buy that has both the programmability of the Planck, and the mini-spacebar so that I can put layers under the thumb, but is staggered like usual? In my searching, I've seen a few one-off personal projects like this, but nothing produced at a scale where I can just expect to whip my wallet out and get it on a truck headed in my direction.

Offline salembeats

Re: Staggered Fully-Programmable with MIT Planck-Style Thumb Area
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:20:43 »
Some extra detail:

- Coming from a 60% board already for my Yoga 700 setup (KBP v60).
- Currently using this AHK script that I forked from the Internet and modified a bit to use Caps Lock as a modifier on Windows.
- Keyboard will be used 50% for coding ( Vim / VS Code with Vim keybinds ), 30% for data entry, 20% for misc/games. I'd like to use layers to put the number keys under the home row, arrange the numpad block on a layer, etc.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:22:16 »
Welcome to GH!

Not a tiny spacebar but there are a couple of boards available with a split spacebar so you get 2.25, 1.25 and 2.75 caps in the standard spacebar gap.

Knowing where in the world you are would help with local option :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline salembeats

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 11:29:53 »
Welcome to GH!

Thanks!

Not a tiny spacebar but there are a couple of boards available with a split spacebar so you get 2.25, 1.25 and 2.75 caps in the standard spacebar gap.

I've seen those! Not quite the holy grail, but a bit better than what I've got with the v60, as long as it's fully-programmable.

Knowing where in the world you are would help with local option :)

US, Pacific Northwest.