Author Topic: Leopold FC660C owners: Want to trade keycaps?  (Read 5334 times)

Offline AugustCanaille

Leopold FC660C owners: Want to trade keycaps?
« on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 01:36:17 »
I was wondering if there was anyone out there who owned a FC660C that wanted to perhaps trade certain keycaps, as these Topre keycaps are motherfxcking impossible to find. I really just want to trade the arrow keys and the ESC key, to have contrast to my board. Fortunately, I thought of this before I ordered. If anyone out there has a perference and is (cough*) reliable, let me know what color you'd want, what color you have, and if we are on the same level for the same keys. I may order the new Navy blue one, but what I really wanted was to order the all-black board, then add orange arrow keys and orange esc key, for that jack-o-lantern look. This is going to be impossible, I see. But I'll settle for any contrast: grey and white, white and black, whatever.

Coda: I now have the black keycaps--black legends on black keycaps. They look cool but I cannot see them. If anyone has a white or grey set and wants to trade, let me know.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 17:29:14 by AugustCanaille »

Offline The_judge_168

Re: Leopold FC660C owners: Want to trade keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:07:28 »
If you want Topre caps in orange you might be able to find some of these on mechmarket or classifieds on GH.

https://www.hotkeysproject.com/products/single-color-neon-orange-1

https://hidden-lab.com/thermochromic-caps/thermochromic-r1-cantaloupe

As for the KBDFans Topre caps they will work on the FC660C, all Topre caps share the same profile

Offline AugustCanaille

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 21:31:00 »
If you want Topre caps in orange you might be able to find some of these on mechmarket or classifieds on GH.

https://www.hotkeysproject.com/products/single-color-neon-orange-1

https://hidden-lab.com/thermochromic-caps/thermochromic-r1-cantaloupe

As for the KBDFans Topre caps they will work on the FC660C, all Topre caps share the same profile

Really? Because I've perused other boards and people have been saying that only certain rows will fit, and for others you have to do some modding or cleaving of some sort. Although I don't really know....

And I also see that most say "Realforce" or "HHKB", never do they include Leopold, as though it doesn't exist, or perhaps is just not that great of a seller?

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:59:07 »
FC660C has 1.25 mods on bottom row so nothing realforce or HHKB will fit that. Realforce has some models with sideways slider on left control key. Other than that you can use any other topre caps

Offline AugustCanaille

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 02:01:48 »
Ahhh....cool, thanks, man....this helps.

Hey, are you the dude with the camping keys I saw on Reddit?

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:35:01 »
I just got a fc660c with the black-on-dark grey caps. I put mx sliders in it, so I'm not even using the caps at all. I'd be down to trade for some white ones of you want the contrast! I also have a purple topre ESC and Fn artisan set that I'd get rid of if that interests you.
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:19:54 »
I just got a fc660c with the black-on-dark grey caps. I put mx sliders in it, so I'm not even using the caps at all. I'd be down to trade for some white ones of you want the contrast! I also have a purple topre ESC and Fn artisan set that I'd get rid of if that interests you.

How's the feel/tactility/sound compared to the stock sliders? I've been contemplating doing a slider swap because keycap colors are basically non-existent for topre.

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:14:03 »

How's the feel/tactility/sound compared to the stock sliders? I've been contemplating doing a slider swap because keycap colors are basically non-existent for topre.

Well hard to say since I did the domes at the same time.. but the JTK sliders are much better than I expected! Only two are not a tight fit on keycaps, but are still snug enough to not fall off. None are "crooked" any more than regular MX switches, and they feel pretty good. Definitely have a little more wobble than regular topre sliders, but I am also using SA caps, so that accentuates the wobble a little bit. Overall I'd say it is definitely worth it! I did have to drill holes for stem clearance in the  2u sliders though, and the spacebar is still the topre one (there is no 6u SA spacebar)
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline AugustCanaille

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 15:39:38 »

I got the black on black legends, damn. I put the alphas and some extra keycaps from my Leopold on eBay, since I'm pretty sure trading alphas will be hard.

They're still really nice keycaps though, I think. They feel great.