Author Topic: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein  (Read 1145901 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein
« Reply #2350 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:31:57 »
excuse the mess,

Show Image

He's missing a little height because of a quirk with his underside...

Show Image

He's looking more skeletal and I like it.  :-*

Same binge I really like all the new stuff your doing this is going to be EPIC when all is said and done.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #2351 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:35:22 »
Looking sooo good Binge! You're on a roll!! XD
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2352 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 21:49:35 »
Wow. That is a nice looking Keythulhu.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2353 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:34:53 »
excuse the mess,

Show Image

He's missing a little height because of a quirk with his underside...

Show Image

Its naked man.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2354 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:25:11 »

Wheeeeeeee insomnia!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2355 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:01:35 »
Wow I'm really liking this new version of keythulhu.  Those tentacles look really dynamic.  Very cool.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2356 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 07:28:10 »
Show Image

Wheeeeeeee insomnia!

Very nice, it reminds me of the later versions of bionicle.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2357 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:16:48 »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2358 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:21:09 »
More hungry cap!

Keythulhu is looking great. Have you decided to not let the tentacles hang down?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2359 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:23:18 »
Grabbing the popcorn to see how this one turns out!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2360 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:24:14 »
Do your tentacles hang low, can you swing them to and fro?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2361 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:30:23 »
More hungry cap!

Keythulhu is looking great. Have you decided to not let the tentacles hang down?

The key was intended to be a fully sculpted exterior.  That would mean that any original walls would have to be replaced.  I intended to sculpt the tentacles first and then make the walls around the tentacles to get the best possible feeling.  A lot of the times the key walls get in the way of making other versions of the Keythulhu.  The structure is not complete, but just like this I intend to continue posting updates.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2362 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 23:34:30 »
More hungry cap!

The key was intended to be a fully sculpted exterior.  That would mean that any original walls would have to be replaced.  I intended to sculpt the tentacles first and then make the walls around the tentacles to get the best possible feeling.  A lot of the times the key walls get in the way of making other versions of the Keythulhu.  The structure is not complete, but just like this I intend to continue posting updates.

Ok, so thats why you shaved down the donor cap. I'm sure V3 will end up badass! Thanks for the updates.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #2363 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 04:47:59 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, the new Keythulhu Prototype looks incredible! O=
It was hard to visualize before from pics, but now that the walls of the cap are in its easier to understand and get the full picture. =)

I love how alive and integrated into the cap the tentacles of the prototype look now! <3
And +1 also big fan of how his face and eyes look more skeleton like!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2364 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:40:13 »
Hey guys, I have enough keys to do another small sale, but at the moment I'm a bit too... poo pooed to get these out the door.  Asking Techkeys.us if they would sponsor a sale and take care of distro.  The keys may be a bit more expensive this way, but it'll give me the resources I need to make a really killer sale in May.

Questions?  Concerns?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2365 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:42:26 »
Hey guys, I have enough keys to do another small sale, but at the moment I'm a bit too... poo pooed to get these out the door.  Asking Techkeys.us if they would sponsor a sale and take care of distro.  The keys may be a bit more expensive this way, but it'll give me the resources I need to make a really killer sale in May.

Questions?  Concerns?

Sounds good to me

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2366 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:50:47 »
Any sale after payday Thursday, is better than no sale ;)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2367 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:51:06 »
:))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2368 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:53:34 »

Questions?  Concerns?

I'd rather just pay you more up front and get a cap I want but I understand that doesn't fit in with how you want to sell caps.  :-\

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2369 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:58:39 »

Questions?  Concerns?
Small sale means one cap, a less than $50 international order means $9 for shipping and it's coming from an official site so that's + import tax, and to top it off you say they will be more expensive? :'(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2370 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:06:08 »

Questions?  Concerns?
Small sale means one cap, a less than $50 international order means $9 for shipping and it's coming from an official site so that's + import tax, and to top it off you say they will be more expensive? :'(

I mean.. it isn't his fault you live on the other side of the ocean...

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2371 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:11:38 »

Questions?  Concerns?

It may not be ideal for Intl. buyers but life often gets in the way of hobbies. Binge is a busy man trying his best to give us the caps we want.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2372 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:12:41 »
I'm always down for a Bingecap sale.

LITERALLY ALWAYS.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #2373 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:13:03 »
I'm currently on spring break, so I can proxy for you if you want. 
Hi :)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #2374 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:13:33 »
I personally have no issue paying more for Bingecaps. Its not like I can just go spend an unlimited amount of money on them, usually you are lucky to be able to snag one, and it's $15-20 more and that funds the creation of more caps and pays the man for his time, its a win-win.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2375 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:46:49 »

Questions?  Concerns?
This sounds cool I just work so much I'm afraid I'll miss another one. I'm sure there will be posts with a little bit of head time. Dammit keythulu you demonic bastard just hurry up and posses my keyboard already you already possessed me and stole my heart sniff sniff on a more serious note I hope you feel better binge ! Maybe this will be  my lucky day 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2376 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:20:07 »

Questions?  Concerns?

This does mean international sales will be harder to make for these keys.  I do love your enthusiasm, but there are going to be positives for it happening this way.

Questions?  Concerns?

I'd rather just pay you more up front and get a cap I want but I understand that doesn't fit in with how you want to sell caps.  :-\

The direct from Binge prices will always be the lowest.  I do work for the cheapest possible option for you guys, and the support is overwhelming.  I appreciate that.  To date I have a great relationship with techkeys.us which makes me happy that this is an option.  I don't want to rely on retailers all the time, and please understand that it's all going towards the greater goals here which are space bear, skuthulhu, and other projects.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:25:30 »
I personally have no issue paying more for Bingecaps. Its not like I can just go spend an unlimited amount of money on them, usually you are lucky to be able to snag one, and it's $15-20 more and that funds the creation of more caps and pays the man for his time, its a win-win.
I completely agree - if Binge announced a 50% price increase I would still buy his caps and support him.

But a $30 value declared package from the US takes over two weeks to arrive, then I have to go and collect it so I can hand over another $19 for the inconvenience.  That money doesn't support Binge in any way, so I begrudge paying it.

Compare this to Binge sending a cap direct - 10 days later it's waiting on my doormat in a pretty envelope!

Obviously this is my fault for living in a tiny country where there are few people making cool stuff, but that doesn't make me happier.  I'll just stop looking so I don't get tempted :))

@slickmamba - thanks for the offer but by the time I see which I want and tell you there's a pretty good chance it will be gone.  I will wait until May and try my luck then.

Good luck everyone!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2378 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:29:11 »
do what you gotta do, people(me as well) will still support you  :thumb:

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #2379 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:37:37 »
FYI - TechKeys does try very hard to keep declared values reasonable.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2380 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:48:23 »
Ooh, I thought companies obeyed silly things like export laws - good to know!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2381 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 15:52:26 »

Thanks for clarifying i3oilermaker!  I love to collaborate with Techkeys.us for this very reason and more.  Stay tuned guys.  This should be fun!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2382 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 16:46:07 »

Questions?  Concerns?
This sounds cool I just work so much I'm afraid I'll miss another one. I'm sure there will be posts with a little bit of head time. Dammit keythulu you demonic bastard just hurry up and posses my keyboard already you already possessed me and stole my heart sniff sniff on a more serious note I hope you feel better binge ! Maybe this will be  my lucky day 8)

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2383 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 17:06:44 »

Questions?  Concerns?

Was there much lead up on the previous sale? I missed all of that because I was AFK for a week.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2384 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 17:08:58 »
Was there much lead up on the previous sale? I missed all of that because I was AFK for a week.

There was a newsletter email ~2 days before the sale

Offline GSimon

« Reply #2385 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 00:58:47 »
 :-X

what's with K3 and painting in colors?

spotted over at the Vietnamese Facebook Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/vietnammechanicalkeyboard/

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2386 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:11:46 »
BAH, nothing will come close to the goodness of Binge's handcrafted love

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2387 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:12:31 »
Yep... It's time to consider murder...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2388 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:17:02 »
I like purple, but those caps look like **** with the paint and.. ****ing k3kc >_<

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2389 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:18:53 »
I like purple, but those caps look like **** with the paint and.. ****ing k3kc >_<

Painting can look good...if done properly.  Hipster did that on a lot of his early caps.

K3 is just an untalented hack who wants to piss off everyone and has a massive chip on their shoulder.

On a related note, why the hell is PMH1410 not banned yet?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2390 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:19:01 »
Is shutting him down through paypal still an option?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2391 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:19:46 »

+1

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2392 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 01:32:33 »

Show Image

spotted over at the Vietnamese Facebook Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/vietnammechanicalkeyboard/

WHAT THE ****

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2393 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 02:09:47 »

Painting can look good...if done properly.  Hipster did that on a lot of his early caps.

K3 is just an untalented hack who wants to piss off everyone and has a massive chip on their shoulder.

Yeah, I know it CAN look good.. but those caps don't make it look good ;)

Offline GSimon

« Reply #2394 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 02:21:53 »
I thought he only had a vendetta against Bro and Clack no?

Guess it's not that surprising at this point, it appears like to him nothing's really sacred enough that it won't be copied

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2395 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 08:25:55 »

Guess it's not that surprising at this point, it appears like to him nothing's really sacred enough that it won't be copied
Don't act all surprised or concerned while you are sitting there with your k3 keycap as your avatar. You can justify it however you feel, but even if cc was "in the wrong" making a darth vader keycap you aren't in the right by purchasing a fake. You have directly funded k3, you have given him both money and interest in his garbage and you are partially to blame for this even happening.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2396 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 09:06:19 »

Don't act all surprised or concerned while you are sitting there with your k3 keycap as your avatar. You can justify it however you feel, but even if cc was "in the wrong" making a darth vader keycap you aren't in the right by purchasing a fake. You have directly funded k3, you have given him both money and interest in his garbage and you are partially to blame for this even happening.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2397 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 09:24:21 »

Show Image

Oh hell no ....this motherfocker.....

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2398 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 09:28:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hopefully this is just an April fools joke guys .... The eyes are all shopped in ugggghh HOPEFULLY because this is getting ridiculous .,,,,

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2399 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 09:49:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hopefully this is just an April fools joke guys .... The eyes are all shopped in ugggghh HOPEFULLY because this is getting ridiculous .,,,,
Hopefully, but since the Facebook page is all locked down I can't access it to check if that was a new post or not. Regardless, it is stupid how he is backed by a whole community.