Author Topic: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein  (Read 1145920 times)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein
« Reply #2550 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:23:48 »
I would have bought that shirt in a heartbeat if it was printed on a darker colored shirt.  Maybe in the future?

This shirt is CMKY Silk Screened - This enables the shirt to be silk screen (not crappy digital printed) and very colorful.  The limitation of this is it needs to be on a light shirt.  I didn't want a pure white, so I went with "Ash Grey" it really has a nice texture to it and is far from a stark white color.

What is the exact model of the shirt?  I don't do slim cut shirts. 

I was told AA3001 - Pretty sure its the standard AA shirt.

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2551 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:41:51 »
To everyone to has a complaint.  I'm seeing a lot of legitimate issues you've all brought to the table.  This is something I'm trying to get right for fans and people who just want a novelty.

So far issues I see getting resolved,

+ Preview of colors available in the sale.
+ More stock of popular colors

The issues I don't see getting resolved,

- Cart dibs.  My policy has always been first come, first serve.  I would like to have something that alerts people to changes in inventory in real time so they can snag a different key, but I hope people understand how difficult this sort of thing is on the people holding the sale.

Thanks to Techkeys.us for being a reliable host.  His server was hit HARD and thankfully it held up to the punishment.  I love you all.  If anyone hasn't seen the collab work check out the following link

http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories

Keep up the good work Binge. You're a swell guy and your caps are amazing. People will always want more than you can make.  :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2552 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:42:33 »
if i might ask: how many items were available in this sale? 2 of each type? 3? just being curious :D
Peddamann you won something ? If so congrats man  :thumb:....I know you were really bummed about the bro sale !
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:44:34 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #2553 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:42:43 »
Went to take a nap and forgot about the sale.

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

That red lion was suppose to be mine!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #2554 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:55:22 »
Was taking care of the kids, and totally for got about the sale dammit! Always wanted an Ork Trooper. :'(

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2555 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:04:45 »
Didn't notice the shirts, so I got one!

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #2556 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:21:32 »
Didn't notice the shirts, so I got one!

::Fist Bump::  I am really happy with how they came out

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2557 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:41:13 »
Man I just got am email from techkeys saying that the Lyon keyng I bought was mistakenly oversold and unfortunately I won't be getting it. I was so excited to get my first Binge 8( I understand **** happens though when there probably hundreds maybe even thousands of people all mashing buttons to get something but awwww man  :( oh well he said I can get a refund and he would work something out with me but that was a sick cap......
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2558 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:47:08 »
Man I just got am email from techkeys saying that the Lyon keyng I bought was mistakenly oversold and unfortunately I won't be getting it. I was so excited to get my first Binge 8( I understand **** happens though when there probably hundreds maybe even thousands of people all mashing buttons to get something but awwww man  :( oh well he said I can get a refund and he would work something out with me but that was a sick cap......

We can certainly work something out.  Grab yourself a shirt if you didn't already and I'll make sure you're sorted out teal & purple. :D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2559 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:49:08 »

We can certainly work something out.  Grab yourself a shirt if you didn't already and I'll make sure you're sorted out teal & purple. :D

Binge to the rescue  :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2560 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 22:02:07 »

Man I ain't worried the guy from tech keys was very cool and offered a couple of different options to hook me up and binge was one of the first people to talk to me here and has always been super nice to this wide eyed newb 8) congrats everyone and I was actually surprised how well tonights sale went besides the this hiccup. Very smooth.... And thank you binge you rock! goodnight everyone I gots to get up early for work 8(

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #2561 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 23:03:46 »
I refreshed once. Nothing. Instantly refreshed again and a keythulu popped up. Add it to cart. Go to checkout immediately. Sold out. Went back and quickly picked a random color. Sold out. This happened a total of three times. I look at the time and it just turned 5:01. All keythulu colors sold out. I instantly gave up. Now I understand why raffle sales are so popular. Unless you have google fiber there  is no way you will get anything in a FCFS sale. QQ GG

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2562 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 23:08:00 »
I refreshed once. Nothing. Instantly refreshed again and a keythulu popped up. Add it to cart. Go to checkout immediately. Sold out. Went back and quickly picked a random color. Sold out. This happened a total of three times. I look at the time and it just turned 5:01. All keythulu colors sold out. I instantly gave up. Now I understand why raffle sales are so popular. Unless you have google fiber there  is no way you will get anything in a FCFS sale. QQ GG
I have Verizon internet, at about 7 down, and I still got a keythulu, and I waited a second or two in the selections. What really makes the difference is autofill for your PayPal account.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #2563 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 23:47:48 »
I have Verizon internet, at about 7 down, and I still got a keythulu, and I waited a second or two in the selections. What really makes the difference is autofill for your PayPal account.

You are both right. The first-come-first-serve system biases toward the lowest latency transactions. Part (but only part) of that latency is given by the user's download speed. Other factors (like already being logged in to paypal, computer speed, etc.) come in to play. So  pwnnarwhal's experience is not at odds with nor does it invalidate Redeemd's experience. Both fit.

Much like raising pricing biases toward those with more money (and seems unfair) FCFS gives the illusion of "fairness", without actually giving equal chance to users1. That distribution is provably not uniform across users.

What I'm trying to say is that we can do better, and I'm offering to help b/c I have knowledge in this area.

The question is what does Binge want? Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. The guy wants to make keys, and he's amazing at it. It's the fun part. This stuff...probably isn't fun. I'm guessing he probably does not want to work on probability distributions. Binge if you'd like to chat about how to get uniformity (pm), I really am happy to help.

1Note that this issue didn't affect me; I'm not saying net speed caused me not to get a cap. Fortunate enough to be on an extremely fast network, I was on the site early enough to make a buy but lost my caps while lingering to admire the other colors, which was silly and I won't do that next time.)
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2564 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:13:19 »
I'd love to be in my shoes right now... I own Sanuks and Sanuks are comfortable.

Without making this too complicated I would like to thank everyone again who took part.  The people who aren't getting keys -right now- are a huge motivator for me to keep going, and the people who got something I am making sure get the best possible experience.

Everyone matters to me including the new voices.

The "you could/should to betters!" and the "I'm excited!" are all mushing together into a type of applause and I am happily humbled.

Expect this coming year to explore a different distribution model, new cap designs, and more.  It might be a complete and total failure, but I invite everyone to pull up their,

and watch me make a spectacle of myself in front of everyone I respect and admire for believing in me.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #2565 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:23:34 »

Well said, Binge!!! You are awesome! 

❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2566 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 01:20:46 »
Got my shipping notification

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #2567 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 03:07:49 »
if i might ask: how many items were available in this sale? 2 of each type? 3? just being curious :D
Peddamann you won something ? If so congrats man  :thumb:....I know you were really bummed about the bro sale !

thx man! i was faster than light this time :D ... won 2/2 of the sales with first come first serve ;)
but im really ****ed right now -_- sale began 2am and i had to get out at 6am in the mornin

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #2568 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 04:09:51 »
Damn, got the mail and still managed to **** up the timing. FML
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline robotox

• Gimme them purple caps, brother.
« Reply #2569 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 06:23:14 »
Aw, no.  I got called into work last night and totally spaced on this sale.  Boy am I kicking myself now.  I've been dying for a Keythulu like crazy, especially as I've been rereading Lovecraft.  Oh well.  Beautiful caps, Binge!  If anyone is so inclined to sell theirs, let me know, ha.
HHKB (dental banded, lubed, black/gray), Corsair K70 with MX Blue RGB, Ergodox with MX Blue.

"If a man empties his purse into his head no man can take it from him. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Ben Franklin

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2570 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 06:57:38 »

Show Image

thx man! i was faster than light this time :D ... won 2/2 of the sales with first come first serve ;)
but im really ****ed right now -_- sale began 2am and i had to get out at 6am in the mornin
look at those keythulus man definetly worth it ! Wow great Job and excellent luck I'm going on 3 months trying to get a binge (looks like my wait will soon be over   :D ) and congrats man. I'm so glad you won considering I saw how bummed you were after the bro sale and that orange purple keythulu will be the envy of many   :thumb:  I'm really happy for you!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2015, 08:09:34 by Sed8op8 »

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #2571 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:19:25 »

Offline dimmu

« Reply #2572 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:20:43 »
gratz to the winners. i received the email for this sale, set up calendar notice ahead of time, woke up an hour before the sale, got distracted 10 minutes before and didn't notice it until 5 minutes after the sale. FML.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2573 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 08:16:42 »
gratz to the winners. i received the email for this sale, set up calendar notice ahead of time, woke up an hour before the sale, got distracted 10 minutes before and didn't notice it until 5 minutes after the sale. FML.
:( that sucks!!!!  I was at work but I told my boss that there was an emergency and I needed to use his office for 5-10max at 755pm ET and that I would clock out if that was a problem. He told me as long as all my work and clean up was done and there were no customers it would be fine. My boss comes up to me 15 min before the sale and goes ash what's going on I've never seen you flying around here like this before is everything ok? Haha never closed down my station that quick before. ^-^

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #2574 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 19:24:50 »

I think that what gave me the edge I needed to slam through so quickly was realizing at 16:59 PDT that 17:00 was literally less than a minute away and I was about to spaz and miss the sale. When I checked the countdown timer it was 26 seconds to go lol.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2575 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 20:40:25 »
:( that sucks!!!!  I was at work but I told my boss that there was an emergency and I needed to use his office for 5-10max at 755pm ET and that I would clock out if that was a problem. He told me as long as all my work and clean up was done and there were no customers it would be fine. My boss comes up to me 15 min before the sale and goes ash what's going on I've never seen you flying around here like this before is everything ok? Haha never closed down my station that quick before. ^-^

Sir, there are keycaps on the line!! 

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #2576 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 20:31:54 »
Within 10 seconds they were all gone. I managed to magically get a keythulu v1 Orange Purpsicle.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2577 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 20:34:18 »
I am excited for my shirt to come!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2578 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:43:49 »
So... this happened.

It's solid.  Trying again is so fun.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2579 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:51:20 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Keythulhu brainshot!!!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2580 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 02:02:43 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Anyone else think the drip looks cool?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2581 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:16:56 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Anyone else think the drip looks cool?

Hell yeah!  Hack'd colours too, that's one great looking cap.  Shame it's a b-grade by Binge's high standards (has nothing to do with me having more luck with b-grade sales than standard FCFS, honest! :p)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2582 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:02:45 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Whoa that's cool man..

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2583 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:23:58 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Happy 420 Binge 

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2584 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:54:55 »
brain aneurysm!!

That cap looks so cool... even with the 'feature'
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 08:00:04 by cmadrid »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2585 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:57:30 »
These are the same colors as that 4-color orc, right?

Someone needs to do a full keyset in this colorway.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2586 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:32:34 »

It's basically TA meeds Hacked by Geeks.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2587 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:40:04 »
If that Keythulhu still works, you should totally put it in a b stock sale, it looks like keythulhu is driving you insane from looking upon an old one ;)

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2588 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:11:02 »
So... this happened.

Show Image

Loving the cap Binge!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2589 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:40:18 »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2590 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:43:23 »

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2591 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:44:32 »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2592 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 12:12:18 »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2593 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 12:13:27 »
Pppppppppp p ppp p

purple!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2594 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 12:15:52 »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2595 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 12:17:31 »
Show Image
love em the experimentation never ends ahhhh <3
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 12:20:47 by Binge »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2596 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 15:45:42 »

It's basically TA meeds Hacked by Geeks.
The cyan is brighter than what's in TA, I think that's what does it. Two bright colors against that gray just looks awesome.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2597 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:08:19 »
Bingecaps arrived today! Keyng V3 rubs on back of other caps though, gonna have to try it with DSA set :^)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2598 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:19:04 »
This needs to happen.

97963-0

My boards:
More

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2599 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:42:19 »
This needs to happen.

(Attachment Link)

There is a strange cancerous growth attached to the right side of the arrow keys