Author Topic: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein  (Read 1145820 times)

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
Re: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein
« Reply #3600 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 12:46:23 »
Might be my first topre board... lol Love your and your wife's work, Binge-man.  Keep it up!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3601 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:32:32 »
Any chance of seeing 'Deal with it Jack' in MX?

Unless massdrop requests it, I highly doubt it.  At this point in time they own the rights to order and distribute this key mold.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3602 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:38:45 »
Any chance of seeing 'Deal with it Jack' in MX?

Unless massdrop requests it, I highly doubt it.  At this point in time they own the rights to order and distribute this key mold.

Nooooooooo

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3603 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:10:33 »
:'(

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3604 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:29:52 »
I was so surprised when I got an email from Massdrop mentioning Binge caps. I thought I was misreading something. I'm tempted to jump on this. Never owned anything topre before, so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3605 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:33:53 »
Wish it was an option I could jump in on, seems like a great first Topre purchase

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #3606 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:46:10 »
I was so surprised when I got an email from Massdrop mentioning Binge caps. I thought I was misreading something. I'm tempted to jump on this. Never owned anything topre before, so I could kill two birds with one stone.
Right there with you.  Price is a little steep..

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3607 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:02:01 »

I'm just trying to justify the pad itself. Can anyone give me multiple applications to having a number pad especially one that isn't attached to the board? Like what things can I do to make use of the pad more?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3608 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:16:01 »
I really want a Deal with it Jack but already gave a 23U.

This is killing me!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3609 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:21:56 »
I'm just trying to justify the pad itself. Can anyone give me multiple applications to having a number pad especially one that isn't attached to the board? Like what things can I do to make use of the pad more?

The biggest use of a separate numberpad is so you can have a 60% board, then your mouse, then the numberpad on the other side of the mouse so you can go from typing to mouse and back quicker.  If you're coming from a fullsize board the strange stagger on the alpha keys is hard to adapt to when you put the numberpad on a layer - the standard matrix layout is already in muscle memory.

If you turn off number lock you can use 2,4,6 and 8 as arrows and 7/1 as home/end and 9/3 as page up/down, replacing the nav keys.  This pad also has =, escape, backspace and tab keys which are really useful if you're using spreadsheets (unhelpfully this pad moves - as well as shrinking + though) and there are sublegends for cut/copy/paste rather than having to reach for ctrl+x etc.  Oh and a 00 key, very handy if you remember to use it and aren't used to hitting there for 0 :))

If you can't think of a reason to use a numberpad you probably don't need one, but I guess you could take the Jack and sell the pad to someone who does...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3610 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:24:54 »

The biggest use of a separate numberpad is so you can have a 60% board, then your mouse, then the numberpad on the other side of the mouse so you can go from typing to mouse and back quicker.  If you're coming from a fullsize board the strange stagger on the alpha keys is hard to adapt to when you put the numberpad on a layer - the standard matrix layout is already in muscle memory.

If you turn off number lock you can use 2,4,6 and 8 as arrows and 7/1 as home/end and 9/3 as page up/down, replacing the nav keys.  This pad also has =, escape, backspace and tab keys which are really useful if you're using spreadsheets (unhelpfully this pad moves - as well as shrinking + though) and there are sublegends for cut/copy/paste rather than having to reach for ctrl+x etc.  Oh and a 00 key, very handy if you remember to use it and aren't used to hitting there for 0 :))

If you can't think of a reason to use a numberpad you probably don't need one, but I guess you could take the Jack and sell the pad to someone who does...

actually the arrow keys sound like an immediate plus. I recently got a 60 and I keep finding myself going to an empty space looking for the arrow keys  :-\

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3611 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:28:38 »

The problem for me is not only do I not have a use for a number pad but that I already have one too. :( I have a Kailh Red numpad with some weird backlighting and galaxy class keycaps on it which I want to use for gaming but I don't know what to set to what on the numberpad to make it work out well.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3612 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:53:35 »
I think I would personally put the numberpad on the left side of the keyboard so I could use it without letting go of the mouse at all.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3613 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:51:29 »

I can't stand selling something that I don't believe in.  People will tell you I'm not the biggest Topre fan, but I really like my numpads.  Take a look at their features and you'll see some really neat keys.  Dedicated copy/paste, shift, tab, backspace, arrows... In data entry these are really important keys to have close to your numbers.  The other thing I like is how solid the build quality on this numpad is.  Realforce branded stuff is my top pick for Topre.  Their plates, the PBT dyesub caps, and solid case design make for a great look and feel.

To clarify I am not saying this is a must own product.  I use it primarily at work and not in my everyday computing which means YMMV;  however, if you ever liked any artisans that only came in topre you might just have a very functional landing pad to drop a few on.

« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:53:17 by Binge »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3614 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:05:01 »
I see what you did there! :thumb:

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #3615 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:33:59 »
I could see maybe keeping it off to the right of my mouse.  Maybe...  The included Hunger Works caps certainly are helping sell it to me.. :D

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3616 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:20:45 »
Show Image

This picture just made everything harder. I initially thought i would like the black numpad with the gray DWI Jack the best...but after seeing the red Jack on white I'm having second thoughts. Honestly though... those black keys on the white number pad with the red Jack would be ideal  :-X

Good thing I have 11 days left to make up my mind!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3617 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:22:02 »

I can't stand selling something that I don't believe in.  People will tell you I'm not the biggest Topre fan, but I really like my numpads.  Take a look at their features and you'll see some really neat keys.  Dedicated copy/paste, shift, tab, backspace, arrows... In data entry these are really important keys to have close to your numbers.  The other thing I like is how solid the build quality on this numpad is.  Realforce branded stuff is my top pick for Topre.  Their plates, the PBT dyesub caps, and solid case design make for a great look and feel.

To clarify I am not saying this is a must own product.  I use it primarily at work and not in my everyday computing which means YMMV;  however, if you ever liked any artisans that only came in topre you might just have a very functional landing pad to drop a few on.

Show Image

Thanks for the info Binge. I think it's a really cool move to have your pieces bundled with another item on MD. Like others said, I will mull over the idea of buying one in the coming 11 days  :thumb:

Quick question: how do you use the copy/paste shortcuts on the numpad? Does the functionality of the top keys switch when num lock is not enabled?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3618 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:45:11 »

Show Image

Thanks for the info Binge. I think it's a really cool move to have your pieces bundled with another item on MD. Like others said, I will mull over the idea of buying one in the coming 11 days  :thumb:

Quick question: how do you use the copy/paste shortcuts on the numpad? Does the functionality of the top keys switch when num lock is not enabled?

Dip switches! It's pretty intuitive to use all the functions which you can tailor for a specific type of data entry/document navigation.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3619 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:34:27 »

Show Image

I knew I wanted a 23u but after hearing about the copy paste functions I feel like I have to buy one.

I should hopefully be able to afford one once my 456 refund clears. I hate that I now have to balance spending.  :blank: Adulting sucks.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #3620 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:19:21 »
If for some odd reason people don't want their smiling jacks or Realforce logo keys I'll buy them

$35 per smiling jack (what binge stated is the valuation of his cap over at massdrop unless I misread)
$15 per logo (I imagine they'll be quite common after this drop so I may adjust this depending on how many float around)

This puts you at well under the $120 normal price of the numpad!

Otherwise enjoy the drop and caps!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3621 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:35:42 »
Finally joined the drop. That smiling jack is too hard to resist.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3622 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:56:34 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2015, 09:00:21 by tigersharkdude »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3623 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:59:34 »
Binge I miss your birdies. How they doin?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #3624 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:59:09 »

actually the arrow keys sound like an immediate plus. I recently got a 60 and I keep finding myself going to an empty space looking for the arrow keys  :-\

Was a little iffy about the drop but this convinced me! I've been missing arrow keys for a while and I didn't realize there was more functionality than just numbers.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3625 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:54:38 »
decided to join the drop - no idea which colors I should pick so I'm just going with the black pad and white cap  :confused:

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3626 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:55:01 »
Really appreciate everyone who is hopping in on the drop.  I'll make sure each DWI Jack is worth it :)

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3627 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 01:22:10 »
Really appreciate everyone who is hopping in on the drop.  I'll make sure each DWI Jack is worth it :)

I give in

Offline 3K

« Reply #3628 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:39:40 »

Where to join?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3629 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:05:12 »

For a split second I thought to myself, "There's gonna be a Driving While Intoxicated Jack??" and was perplexed by the idea.  Then I realized what you meant.  :-[

Does Massdrop ever plan to sell the DWI Jack without the numpad?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3630 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:24:22 »

For a split second I thought to myself, "There's gonna be a Driving While Intoxicated Jack??" and was perplexed by the idea.  Then I realized what you meant.  :-[

Yea, hopefully they sell the 'Deal With It' Jack without the Numpad. I already have a numpad sadly.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3631 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:34:57 »

haha it could go both ways honestly  :p binge mentioned that massdrop has the rights or something like that with the DWI Jack so its up to them if they want to do anything with it. (this was an answer to if binge will make the cap in mx)

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3632 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:29:15 »
Hey Binge, my first Slo-Fi, Jammin' sounds a bit different from my other two, the Zealios one and the Polar Seas one. Did you switch materials sometime?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3633 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:15:42 »
Couldn't resist getting in on the drop. Seemed like the most surefire way to nab my very first Binge cap :3 It was a heart wrenching decision between red or gray but I ended up opting for the black number pad and gray DWI Jack.

Should go with the black Realforce I have coming in =D
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3634 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:21:27 »
Hey Binge, my first Slo-Fi, Jammin' sounds a bit different from my other two, the Zealios one and the Polar Seas one. Did you switch materials sometime?
It sounds different?

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3635 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:23:45 »

It sounds different?

Higher pitched when bottoming out, also I am noticing that the polar seas is a tad different as well. Weird. It's pretty cool I like it.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3636 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:25:51 »

It sounds different?

Higher pitched when bottoming out, also I am noticing that the polar seas is a tad different as well. Weird. It's pretty cool I like it.

Someone is tripping balls ...

Listening to keycaps and eating shrooms

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3637 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:35:02 »

It sounds different?

This was my thought too. But what if Binge inserts tiny bells in his caps so they tingalingaling when you press them?  But they are so small you have to be trippin to hear them?  What if?  WHAT IF?
I'm back.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3638 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:42:39 »

It sounds different?

This was my thought too. But what if Binge inserts tiny bells in his caps so they tingalingaling when you press them?  But they are so small you have to be trippin to hear them?  What if?  WHAT IF?

The schnozberries taste like schnozberries

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3639 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:43:15 »

It sounds different?

Who ever heard of a schnozberry?
I'm back.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3640 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:46:54 »

It sounds different?

Wrong movie

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3641 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:53:35 »

It sounds different?

I have no idea.  what could be causing the changes in the sound of the key.  The sloths probably have acquired sentience by this point, and you are just hearing their clacky sloth-song.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3642 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:03:08 »

It sounds different?

Wrong movie

Well they are fun to lick regardless of whether it's the wallpaper or police car glass.!
I'm back.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3643 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:16:30 »

It sounds different?

I have no idea.  what could be causing the changes in the sound of the key.  The sloths probably have acquired sentience by this point, and you are just hearing their clacky sloth-song.

Seems to be the leading theory at this point.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3644 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:20:00 »

It sounds different?

I haven't heard anything from keyngs, disappointment initiated.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3645 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:20:58 »

It sounds different?

Maybe I'll record a video tomorrow, it is not a big difference I'm just curious.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3646 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 02:00:07 »
This is all too spoopy for me.  Isn't Halloween over?

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #3647 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 03:34:47 »

It sounds different?

Maybe I'll record a video tomorrow, it is not a big difference I'm just curious.

I expect binge to be now selling live slo-fi's just to make more people freak  :p

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3648 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 10:46:51 »

Based

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #3649 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 11:10:22 »
Binge, Pls.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom