Author Topic: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein  (Read 1145920 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein
« Reply #3800 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:05:37 »
AAANDDD that's all of them.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3801 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:08:07 »
AAANDDD that's all of them.

Dammit, all these sneaky things are while I'm in school. Congratulations to whoever snagged some!

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3802 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:11:26 »
Stealthy hidden keys are stealthy!

Got one, and you guys should look hard. Hidden things everywhere!

Like, still hidden?
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #3803 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:17:19 »

Like, still hidden?

Well. they were.

But binge says they're all gone, so they're probably all gone :(

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3804 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:18:54 »

Like, still hidden?

Well. they were.

Yeah, I barely missed it, your post was a bit misleading though and I got scared and started to look around.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #3805 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:21:44 »

Like, still hidden?

Well. they were.

Yeah, I barely missed it, your post was a bit misleading though and I got scared and started to look around.

They weren't gone when I made the post :)

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3806 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:25:47 »
Ya they were up for at least 30 mins after you posted krav.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3807 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:26:18 »

Sonofa

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3808 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:32:01 »

It's like a scavenger hunt I'll never win because I don't even know we're playing.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #3809 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:41:44 »
It's like a scavenger hunt I'll never win because I don't even know we're playing.

I feel that way about my cats and miscellaneous small objects too.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3810 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:59:07 »
I think I'm not going to visit here anymore since I keep missing secret sales ;_; I'd rather just not know about it instead of having my dreams crushed lol.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #3811 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 05:58:22 »
Yeah, people kept posting new binges and here I was just thinking they were trading.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #3812 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 18:06:30 »
HELLOOO..oo..oo..oo   :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3813 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 18:17:20 »

You scared the **** out of me. I thought Binge was doing another one of those hidden-in-random-places sales.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3814 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:12:24 »
The acoustics are great in here. 😆

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3815 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 13:52:58 »
The acoustics are great in here. 😆

You can hear the echo in my room, just me and no Binges  :))

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #3816 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 06:33:27 »
is it wrong to like secret sales? makes me feel all detective-y  :cool:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3817 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:14:25 »
I was wondering where everybody was getting all these Binge caps all, didn't know there were secret sales going on. I guess what you don't know won't hurt you.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3818 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:52:35 »
I was wondering where everybody was getting all these Binge caps all, didn't know there were secret sales going on. I guess what you don't know won't hurt you.

Weeks ago mang.  Weeks ago.

Without further ado.  I am happy to say that I am relieved to have finished 2015 on such a positive note.

Bingcap, starting in September, set out to create a sale which was inspired by the colorway for Hyperfuse.  Not only did we manage to make 100 keys for this sale, but we also were keen to sell it in a format which involved a little luck.  We called it the 'Sticket Raffle'.

People had the opportunity to pay what they wanted for a shot at up to two Bingecaps, and for their payments they received vinyl decals with art designed specifically for the Sticket Raffle.  At the end I got a bit excited and designed something to do on holographic vinyl.  While I wish this could have included all of the colors of the original design... 2Legit was still pretty cool.

We ordered over 4000 stickets, but a miscalc meant that in the end we were just over 5000 stickets to complete the event.  Interestingly enough we had just over 230 entrants.   This meant that the average sticket purchase was about $25 (not including shipping for those folks who ordered internationally).

Right now due to the miscalc we are sitting on a bunch of extra stickets in a few designs.  My wife is designing a package art print, and we are keen to release the option for people to buy the stickets in order to assist us get things moving with our new website http://hungerwork.studio

Going there you'll see our promise to fill the site with something more substantial as well as our logo.  The decision to switch gears started to creep up in discussion at the end of October, and we committed to discussing it around the time Bingecap decided to work with Massdrop in mid-November.  Adding yet another thing to complete before the end of the new year and with shipping delays encountered with Hyperfuse-- we were at our wit's end.

I want to conclude with a big HURRAH!  We did it all!  Hyperfuse, Sticket Raffle, Massdrop DWI Jack, and switching over to HWS.

There is definitely more to come with the beginning of the year.  Keep tuned, discuss, and by all means remember that we aren't changing all that much.  This rebrand is a refinement of what's been happening and our promise to learn from experience and give you all the best possible artwork and original creations moving forward.

I could not have done it without the original contributors named in my OP to this thread, and to the rest of you who have joined me since 2013 in turning a curiosity into passion we are so happy to share our hunger, our work, and our studio with you.

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #3819 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:55:06 »

Weeks ago mang.  Weeks ago.

Without further ado.  I am happy to say that I am relieved to have finished 2015 on such a positive note.

Bingcap, starting in September, set out to create a sale which was inspired by the colorway for Hyperfuse.  Not only did we manage to make 100 keys for this sale, but we also were keen to sell it in a format which involved a little luck.  We called it the 'Sticket Raffle'.

People had the opportunity to pay what they wanted for a shot at up to two Bingecaps, and for their payments they received vinyl decals with art designed specifically for the Sticket Raffle.  At the end I got a bit excited and designed something to do on holographic vinyl.  While I wish this could have included all of the colors of the original design... 2Legit was still pretty cool.

We ordered over 4000 stickets, but a miscalc meant that in the end we were just over 5000 stickets to complete the event.  Interestingly enough we had just over 230 entrants.   This meant that the average sticket purchase was about $25 (not including shipping for those folks who ordered internationally).

Right now due to the miscalc we are sitting on a bunch of extra stickets in a few designs.  My wife is designing a package art print, and we are keen to release the option for people to buy the stickets in order to assist us get things moving with our new website http://hungerwork.studio

Going there you'll see our promise to fill the site with something more substantial as well as our logo.  The decision to switch gears started to creep up in discussion at the end of October, and we committed to discussing it around the time Bingecap decided to work with Massdrop in mid-November.  Adding yet another thing to complete before the end of the new year and with shipping delays encountered with Hyperfuse-- we were at our wit's end.

I want to conclude with a big HURRAH!  We did it all!  Hyperfuse, Sticket Raffle, Massdrop DWI Jack, and switching over to HWS.

There is definitely more to come with the beginning of the year.  Keep tuned, discuss, and by all means remember that we aren't changing all that much.  This rebrand is a refinement of what's been happening and our promise to learn from experience and give you all the best possible artwork and original creations moving forward.

I could not have done it without the original contributors named in my OP to this thread, and to the rest of you who have joined me since 2013 in turning a curiosity into passion we are so happy to share our hunger, our work, and our studio with you.

I can't wait to see the future of HWS !
I want clacks

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #3820 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:03:03 »
Cool beans!  ;D
Waiting to see what's that art package about.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3821 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:23:10 »
Cheers Binge to a successful 2015! Here's to 2016 and the start of Hunger Work Studios, a very exciting year this will be. I'm hoping to finally get my hands on some Bingecaps, errr, Hunger Work Caps. :D

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3822 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:24:18 »
Cheers Binge to a successful 2015! Here's to 2016 and the start of Hunger Work Studios, a very exciting year this will be. I'm hoping to finally get my hands on some Bingecaps, errr, Hunger Work Caps. :D

Will the new caps be Hunger Caps now? It feels weird not calling them Binges :-X

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3823 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:25:27 »
Happy 2016! Looking forward to finding out what Hunger Works Studio has in store for us. I'm looking forward to getting some Widgie Pidgaps.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3824 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:26:14 »

Will the new caps be Hunger Caps now? It feels weird not calling them Binges :-X

Binge is the name of the man himself, Hunger Work Studios will be the collaboration of his wife and himself. So I'm pretty sure from here on it, it would be best to call them Hunger Work Caps or Hunger Caps to give the wifu some well deserved credit as well.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3825 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:28:39 »

Binge is the name of the man himself, Hunger Work Studios will be the collaboration of his wife and himself. So I'm pretty sure from here on it, it would be best to call them Hunger Work Caps or Hunger Caps to give the wifu some well deserved credit as well.

Hunger Caps sounds pretty cool still, will be trying hard to get at least one in 2016 :)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #3826 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:35:46 »
I think they'll be called awesome.  :thumb:

I could see Hunger caps catching on, very few caps are called by their full name.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #3827 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 17:10:33 »
Cannot wait to receive my smiling jack  :thumb:

Congrats on the successful year HWS!

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #3828 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 19:43:56 »
Keep it up, Binge.  Your work kicks much ass.  :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3829 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 17:03:19 »
Binge archived the Let's Talk Shop thread so...

Does anyone know of anyone selling ASME rated pressure chambers (chambers as in, no conversion needed) suitable for casting? I know that mkawa makes ASME rated ones, but he's pretty busy. And I've found ASME paint pots, but would way prefer something that requires no conversion to casting uses.

Google is not helping.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3830 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:26:24 »

Does anyone know of anyone selling ASME rated pressure chambers (chambers as in, no conversion needed) suitable for casting? I know that mkawa makes ASME rated ones, but he's pretty busy. And I've found ASME paint pots, but would way prefer something that requires no conversion to casting uses.

Google is not helping.

You will be hard pressed to find anything pre-converted that isn't in use.  Most people I have spoken to with pressure chambers have done all of the conversions themselves.  Binks, mcmaster-carr, and some good, old fashioned common sense is all I can offer right now.  HWS will be doing some tools segments.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3831 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 07:04:56 »

Google is not helping.

You will be hard pressed to find anything pre-converted that isn't in use.  Most people I have spoken to with pressure chambers have done all of the conversions themselves.  Binks, mcmaster-carr, and some good, old fashioned common sense is all I can offer right now.  HWS will be doing some tools segments.

Thanks Hunger. Might just have to do a conversion.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3832 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 08:32:54 »
The thread with Binge art was archived so I will post here because after I saw this on Instagram I fell in love with the artwork
123131-0
I'm already going to frame the artwork from the sticker raffle and I would love to get my hands on "Ocean Sand" it's amazing!!!
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline WidgiePidge

« Reply #3833 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 09:49:07 »
The thread with Binge art was archived so I will post here because after I saw this on Instagram I fell in love with the artwork
(Attachment Link)
I'm already going to frame the artwork from the sticker raffle and I would love to get my hands on "Ocean Sand" it's amazing!!!

I can make you a reproduction print on nice paper if you'd like, but getting your hands on a package would be awesome :)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3834 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:59:27 »
(Attachment Link)

I can make you a reproduction print on nice paper if you'd like, but getting your hands on a package would be awesome :)
That would be so nice :) I know that a package would be awesome but I doubt that any of the owners would let go of such a beautiful piece of artwork.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3835 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:36:42 »
(Attachment Link)

That would be so nice :) I know that a package would be awesome but I doubt that any of the owners would let go of such a beautiful piece of artwork.

I think the artwork on the package is almost as great as the caps themselves. Can't wait for another opportunity to buy some.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3836 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:07:05 »
I think the artwork on the package is almost as great as the caps themselves. Can't wait for another opportunity to buy some.
Strange enough I don't own any Binge caps, I have tried and tried but never managed to get in one of the sales but ... I own 2 drawings, one came with some GMK Esc/Code keycaps I have ordered on the site and the second one with the stickers. 

Offline 3K

« Reply #3837 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 14:40:45 »
Posting more art! Didn't come around taking a pic until now.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3838 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:19:09 »
Wifu just made a handful of Ocean Sand reprints,

There are 2 remaining, PM WidgiePidge if you're interested.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3839 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:24:28 »
Wifu just made a handful of Ocean Sand reprints,

Show Image

There are 2 remaining, PM WidgiePidge if you're interested.

Wonderful!

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3840 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:47:35 »
Great stuff Binge/WidgiePidge -- your prints are on point  :cool: :thumb:

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3841 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:50:22 »

Oh thank you!  Wifu said that someone wanted Ocean Sand (our first block cut print for packages) reprinted, so I said she might as well make a few :)  Paper is hefty, hand torn, archival stuff.  High quality soul crushing black block printing ink.

Offline WidgiePidge

« Reply #3842 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:51:28 »

Much thanks Thaddeus ;)  Looking forward to some new print designs in the near future.

Both Ocean Sand prints have homes- thank you, thank you!  If there is a demand I can print a couple more... pm me at WidgiePidge with any interest in Hunger Works prints.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:52:26 by WidgiePidge »

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3843 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:32:24 »
Sad that I missed those reprints. :(

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3844 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 01:14:53 »
The thick black is tasty, especially those footprints. Cut on lino or wood?

Offline WidgiePidge

« Reply #3845 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:02:22 »
 ;D

Linoleum.

Re-prints available are MX switch, Binee, Tuna Keyng, and Ocean Sand.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:52:36 by WidgiePidge »

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #3846 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:50:15 »
;D

Linoleum.

Re-prints available are MX switch, Binee, Tuna Keyng, and Ocean Sand.

Woohoo, thanks!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3847 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:22:40 »

Oh thank you!  Wifu said that someone wanted Ocean Sand (our first block cut print for packages) reprinted, so I said she might as well make a few :)  Paper is hefty, hand torn, archival stuff.  High quality soul crushing black block printing ink.
That someone was me :) I saw the print on Instagram and fell in love with it.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3848 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:40:46 »

I need to make more block prints then :)  Would like to do T-shirts at some point this year.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3849 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:48:58 »

I need to make more block prints then :)  Would like to do T-shirts at some point this year.

HIT ME UP WITH DEM SHIRTS

$$$$$$$