Author Topic: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein  (Read 1145799 times)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Capcraft Hub - Updates & Tom Foolery Herein
« Reply #4300 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:33:42 »
Hold a sale.  Public Enemy #1.  My street cred is gonna get me killed  :'(
How dare you sell us those caps?! XD

Offline jshane

« Reply #4301 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:34:13 »

This is how you know you're onto something good.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4302 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:34:49 »
Pls no more tech key sales, anywhere without a shopify store is fine. The night wasn't a total loss because I made friends with a representative of theirs named Roop P. Who wished me the best of luck and was there to console me when it was brutally stolen from my cart.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4303 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:35:31 »
Pls no more tech key sales, anywhere without a shopify store is fine. The night wasn't a total loss because I made friends with a representative of theirs named Roop P. Who wished me the best of luck and was there to console me when it was brutally stolen from my cart.

:-* its okay bb

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4304 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:37:32 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4305 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:43:16 »

Show Image

well aren't you two so cute
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4306 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:47:42 »

Binge, mind if I ask what the supply for each design looked like? It seems as if most of the designs were sold out instantly.

There were about equal quantity of each except for slo-fi.  He was very ltd.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4307 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:56:50 »
Missed out since I was singing happy birthday and cutting cake for my nephew's birthday

#worth

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #4308 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:58:10 »
Heh. Was watching a movie, hit the site, got the inventory problem error, shrugged my shoulders and went on with the movie. Guess I could have kept trying.

Either way, it does reinforce my thought that a dedicated low-inventory flash sale site would be a nice little brain teaser of a coding project to tackle some night.  I figure it's at least a four scotch problem. :)

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4309 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:58:55 »
Missed out since I was singing happy birthday and cutting cake for my nephew's birthday

#worth

#priorities ftw

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4310 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:59:25 »

#worth

Congratulations! If it makes you feel any better most the people who were waiting for it missed it too.

Family first.  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4311 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:02:09 »

#worth

That sounds more fun than missing out on the sale xD I missed out because I was at work.. Still at work actually :( I hate being a waiter...

HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4312 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:03:31 »

#worth

That sounds more fun than missing out on the sale xD I missed out because I was at work.. Still at work actually :( I hate being a waiter...

Show Image

What'd they do to my poor slo-fi?!?!?

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4313 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:06:05 »

#worth

Show Image

It's on my server book. That was me I'm sorry :( it's been on there since October(?) I think. Its held up pretty well considering it's always rubbing against my server apron. the flash from the phone makes it worse then it is I promise. Please no haterino:(

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4314 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:06:56 »

#worth

Show Image

It's on my server book. That was me I'm sorry :( it's been on there since October(?) I think. Its held up pretty well considering it's always rubbing against my server apron. the flash from the phone makes it worse then it is I promise. Please no haterino:(

I'd like to get you another one. That one seems worse for wear. :/

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4315 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:07:04 »

#worth

Show Image

I love this stuff!  Thank you so much for sharing.  They're just stickers and ones I hope to make available again if there is ever a need.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4316 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:08:28 »

#worth

Show Image

I have more in my room. Like 10 or so from stickets and from the sticker pack sale. I just love the wear of it. I like to think it adds character to a well loved sticker :)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4317 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:09:19 »

#worth

Show Image

I love this stuff!  Thank you so much for sharing.  They're just stickers and ones I hope to make available again if there is ever a need.

I have plenty of stickers but I'm always up for more!!! Gotta spread the love :D

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4318 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:10:01 »

#worth

Show Image

I have more in my room. Like 10 or so from stickets and from the sticker pack sale. I just love the wear of it. I like to think it adds character to a well loved sticker :)

Ah, then you're all set. Lol

Offline t347

« Reply #4319 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:10:09 »

Almost happy I missed this sale for work.  As a sneakerhead, reminds me of Yeezy releases.

Realforce 87u 55g

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4320 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:10:40 »
there was probably a very very small supply.

To give a little perspective... I had made 100 keycaps for the hyper hype hyperfuse sticket raffle.  We had many more times the number of entrants than we had keys.  This sale was very similar.  5 minutes prior to the sale going live Techkeys sent me an e-mail that said to the effect that there were more unique IP addresses than there was stock of the keys.

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #4321 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:11:00 »

#worth

Show Image

I remember going on "Break" for the 50 shades of Green Sale. Break for 10 min. ended up being 45 min. but still got caps. Got a Write-Up but totally worth Green Fapple Slo-Fi!  ;D

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4322 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 23:12:08 »

#worth

Show Image

I remember going on "Break" for the 50 shades of Green Sale. Break for 10 min. ended up being 45 min. but still got caps. Got a Write-Up but totally worth Green Fapple Slo-Fi!  ;D

I had just gotten a table like 3 minutes before the sale so I couldn't :( and I have 5 other tables...

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4323 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:00:10 »

:-[.... :'(

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #4324 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:01:31 »
Show Image

I hate to say it, but it really wasn't a fun experience.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4325 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:03:42 »
Show Image

Meh, I guess it comes down to whether you prefer sheer luck or a competition to get the items in your cart. Each has its merits.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4326 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:10:30 »
Show Image

The next time I have the ability to run something on the scale of the Hyper Hype Sticket Raffle I really hope you join :)

It doesn't sound like you hate to say it at all.  Judging from how you've posted here it's pretty plain to see that I'm justified in putting so many resources into redefining my webstore.  If a website as capable as Techkeys pisses on your Cherios I can only imagine the reaction if this had happened on Bingecap.com

Gator wrestling is really not any more fun.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #4327 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:15:04 »
Personally i found the sale pretty fun as each cap was added one by one as i refreshed the page. I mean i didn't win any cause i wanted the skullthula and keyng (dun goofed) but its part of the hunt for awesome caps. Can't wait for the next one. I am sad i didn't get to go to the meetup today though, woulda been awesome to meet binge and the others while trying to snag one of those dank caps he made for the meet up

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4328 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:15:37 »
Show Image

The next time I have the ability to run something on the scale of the Hyper Hype Sticket Raffle I really hope you join :)

It doesn't sound like you hate to say it at all.  Judging from how you've posted here it's pretty plain to see that I'm justified in putting so many resources into redefining my webstore.  If a website as capable as Techkeys pisses on your Cherios I can only imagine the reaction if this had happened on Bingecap.com

Having my only other website first come first serve sale being the 50 shades sale, it was really smooth, the website handled really well. My only problem was some weird force not allowing me to buy things as Roop said that there is no reason why this shouldn't be working for me...

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #4329 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:18:52 »

Show Image

I'm sorry binge :( we still love you!!! One way to look at this is people really really  love your work to the point they get mad when they don't get what they want. That has to count for something?

There is only a limited supply so not everyone will get a cap and it's not like this is our jobs or a competition. This is a hobby and something that we all love. So let's not get angry or mad for too long. If you really want a cap from this sale, pm people who have them up for trade and get it that way.

Great work as usual Binge!!!

Offline Zapheo

« Reply #4330 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:23:34 »
Show Image

If I offended you I apologize, I truly do. However, this isn't my first time dealing with a first come first serve sale so I suppose I'm a bit bitter from past times. Aside from that I appreciate you taking time to make sure your website is going to be a great experience for everyone. I didn't mean to sound so negative, I'm really sorry about that. Anyways, keep up with the great work. I know everyone around here, including myself, loves what you do! :D

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4331 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:26:21 »
You know, I bet the winners had their blood pumping and must have had a crazy adrenaline rush racing to order. And the feeling when your order goes through...I've only been in a few first come first serve sales so far, but that feeling is way more hype than a raffle.

There are pros and cons to every type of sale, and it's always gonna suck for those that missed out. If anything it's just easier to self-rationalize the loss when it's in raffle form.

Thanks for the sale Binge - it's better than these caps not existing  :))
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline jshane

« Reply #4332 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:34:45 »
Show Image

This sort of demand that outpaces the supply is actually a good thing for all parties considered.

I design and build tour buses for celebrities and musicians here in Orlando Florida and we experienced a similar backlash when we launched the current generation design (and a lot of industry changing features). Customers we had for decades suddenly put us to an ultimatum that was literally impossible and we were faced with having to break hearts somewhere and risk the brand simultaneously (these are mega stars that everybody here knows, so they can end you with a few tweets). We can only build 11 per year and most tours require 4 with a working life cycle of 3 - 4 years. That's 12 - 16 artists you can keep happy out of all the mega names out there.

What actually happened was the competitors stepped up their game and it brought incredible progress to the entire industry in the span of just a few months.

Keep doing what you're doing at the highest level you can and don't sweat the fact you'll step on toes and probably lose some fans to your competitors. If you keep setting the standard, you'll reach an entirely new level of respect and following after you push through the initial turmoil.

Develop new techniques and collaborate with the other leaders in the area and everybody will win.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4333 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:35:14 »
You know, I bet the winners had their blood pumping and must have had a crazy adrenaline rush racing to order. And the feeling when your order goes through...I've only been in a few first come first serve sales so far, but that feeling is way more hype than a raffle.

There are pros and cons to every type of sale, and it's always gonna suck for those that missed out. If anything it's just easier to self-rationalize the loss when it's in raffle form.

Eternally grateful for your continued support mobbo.

@Zapheo - I'm not going anywhere man.  We will be making releases all year.  This was just the first real sale so far, so please bear with us as we grow as artists and vendors in this growing hobby.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4334 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:36:58 »
Meh...I missed out as well but it's no problem. After all, you can't win them all. I personally don't like to dwell on it and kill my mood, it's just keycaps. I appreciate the hard work that goes into these caps and I can't wait to see some pics! :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4335 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:38:22 »
Meh...I missed out as well but it's no problem. After all, you can't win them all. I personally don't like to dwell on it and kill my mood, it's just keycaps. I appreciate the hard work that goes into these caps and I can't wait to see some pics! :thumb:

Agreed. Very excited to see what you have in store for us for the rest of the year Binge!

Offline Zapheo

« Reply #4336 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 00:38:40 »

@Zapheo - I'm not going anywhere man.  We will be making releases all year.  This was just the first real sale so far, so please bear with us as we grow as artists and vendors in this growing hobby.

Hey no worries, I know it can be tough. Much harder than I can imagine, I'm sure. Again, I'm really sorry for being negative about this whole thing and can't wait to see what the future holds for HWS!

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #4337 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 01:19:33 »
If this is what HWS is starting the year off with, I can't wait to see what is to come :D

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #4338 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 01:59:26 »
Well ****, completely missed out on this sale.

One day I'll get a Skullthulu.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #4339 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:01:17 »

Yeah.. I woke up very early in the morning for this sale. Went through the whole PayPal payment thing and then it fizzled? Didn't receive an email nothing..

I guess people from eu won't have much of a chance.. To much latency/loading times to compete.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #4340 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:03:46 »
There was a ****ing sale? Just woke up for work and see this **** **** sake :rolleyes:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4341 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:05:04 »
on the bright side, this was wayyyyy better than the old hostgator sales.  at least we could find out whether we won or didn't win a cap within a couple of minutes of the sale start time.  hostgator was an hour of frustrating page load errors, hair pulling and cussing, before the site was responsive again and told you that everything was sold out.

fu, hostgator.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #4342 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:08:08 »
on the bright side, this was wayyyyy better than the old hostgator sales.  at least we could find out whether we won or didn't win a cap within a couple of minutes of the sale start time.  hostgator was an hour of frustrating page load errors, hair pulling and cussing, before the site was responsive again and told you that everything was sold out.

fu, hostgator.
I guess..
But if there are going to be more sales like this I know 100% sure I won't be able to win because of my location :/

I hope I will be able to buy one of those caps from this sale of someone. Was really hoping to get some in this color way :(

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #4343 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:08:29 »
Looking forward to seeing some pics surface, maybe I can make a trade one day.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4344 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:17:07 »
Rip, fell asleep waiting for it to go live, congrats to the winners!

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #4345 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 04:30:51 »

Back among the living here. Managed to sleep a couple of hours after the sale. (And didn't wake up the gf :-))
Looking forward to see what new things you have in store for us in the future.
It will be all the more rewarding when I finally get one.
(And can't complain too much I won a suited up Keybuto the day before)

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #4346 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 04:58:43 »
To give a little perspective... I had made 100 keycaps for the hyper hype hyperfuse sticket raffle.  We had many more times the number of entrants than we had keys.  This sale was very similar.  5 minutes prior to the sale going live Techkeys sent me an e-mail that said to the effect that there were more unique IP addresses than there was stock of the keys.

Which was to be expected, really, since people knew about it way before it started; I'm surprised the webpage didn't crash.
Was there a particular reason for "first come-first served" sale instead of a raffle?

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #4347 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 05:11:13 »

Which was to be expected, really, since people knew about it way before it started; I'm surprised the webpage didn't crash.
Was there a particular reason for "first come-first served" sale instead of a raffle?
I think he wants to do it through his website.
But it's not finished yet.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #4348 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 07:43:01 »
FWIW I agree with a lot of the sentiment here. No matter what kind of sale is being done, there will be unhappy people.

There's going to be more interested parties than supply, so every sale type basically comes down to luck. You win some, you lose some.

Does it suck to miss out? Sure, nobody likes to 'lose' but its not like these are the last caps Binge will be selling :)

Gold star to Binge, and every artisan keycap maker for that matter, for putting up with all the flak after a sale ends, and keeping on.  :thumb:

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline WidgiePidge

« Reply #4349 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 08:02:43 »
I picked up some orange love at the meet. Great meet, at least 30 people there.

Show Image

Show Image

and is Deal with it Jack in Topre?

Yeah the Jack is Topre, the other 2 are MX.

Here are the MX ones backlit.

Show Image

The keys look GREAT back lit !  So pleased they found a wonderful home.  It was nice talking with you at the meet----