Author Topic: Does my AT101 (GYUM97SK) have pine black alps?  (Read 903 times)

Offline RandmoCrystal

Does my AT101 (GYUM97SK) have pine black alps?
« on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:14:56 »
Hi all, first post here. I just won an ebay auction for an at101 97sk. I've heard that these have the nicer "pine" alps blacks, but the only evidence i've seen for that is on old logo models, and this one has a new logo. Does this have the pine blacks? Would also be nice to know if they have the pbt caps. Thank you!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Does my AT101 (GYUM97SK) have pine black alps?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 16:12:14 »
You can examine it but not until you get it. You might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.

The easiest and best test for PBT is to pull a key cap and swirl a tiny drop of acetone (= nail polish remover) around for a second with a pin or a match stick. If they are PBT, the acetone will evaporate and nothing will happen, but if they are ABS the acetone will soften the surface and you will see a mark where you touched it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline RandmoCrystal

Re: Does my AT101 (GYUM97SK) have pine black alps?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 16:50:11 »
You can examine it but not until you get it. You might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.

The easiest and best test for PBT is to pull a key cap and swirl a tiny drop of acetone (= nail polish remover) around for a second with a pin or a match stick. If they are PBT, the acetone will evaporate and nothing will happen, but if they are ABS the acetone will soften the surface and you will see a mark where you touched it.

Is there any way to find this out with the back label? the ebay listing has a very clear picture of it and id love to get a manufacture date or something