Author Topic: Funny reactions to having your keyboard in public thread  (Read 9612 times)

Offline TopreFan333

Re: Funny reactions to having your keyboard in public thread
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 11:34:59 »
"That is the tiniest keyboard!"

About my HHKB, which is the same size as the Apple Wireless keyboard  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 14:25:41 »
I always go highly positive reactions when I was working with my video editing rainbow-coloured 8255C+. The Battleship just flat out astounded people xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline antquinonez

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 14:31:31 »
I always go highly positive reactions when I was working with my video editing rainbow-coloured 8255C+. The Battleship just flat out astounded people xD .

Keyboards are basically like your Internet job, so it's okay.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:15:02 »

You carry those out in public? Wow.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:39:23 by merlin64 »

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:21:10 »
In reference to HHKB at work: "What's with the tiny, old-fashioned keyboard?"
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 21:58:06 »
Oh yeah, another one:

Why do you have that old [SSK] keyboard connected to your new iMac?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 05:03:28 »

You carry those out in public? Wow.
Just at work. My Zenith at work gets pretty flat reactions, by comparison :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 06:38:04 »
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:47:36 »
I brought my Hasu Bluetooth modded HHKB out to work at coffeeshops sometimes and have gotten much stares/comments on it. From last week: "Wow, are you typing on two keyboards?!", "That second keyboard is sooo tiny!"

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:51:44 »
I brought my Hasu Bluetooth modded HHKB out to work at coffeeshops sometimes and have gotten much stares/comments on it. From last week: "Wow, are you typing on two keyboards?!", "That second keyboard is sooo tiny!"
LOL at typing on two keyboards.
That's something I'll consider doing at work just to **** with my coworkers. I only take a 68% to work. My boss hates it. "It's too noisy" "Why is it so stiff?"  He swears by rubber domes.

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 21:11:32 »
No specific funny comments, I can think of. Just admiration and curiosity at its size by almost anyone who sees it. This keyboard got at least one or two coworkers into the keyboard hobby. Not geekhack OCD hobby, but hobby nonetheless.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47067.msg1406250#msg1406250

I think I have some pbt doubleshots I got off massdrop on them right now. I should really put the penumbra SA caps back on it, it was really striking with those. Pun intended.

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 22:52:56 »
No specific funny comments, I can think of. Just admiration and curiosity at its size by almost anyone who sees it. This keyboard got at least one or two coworkers into the keyboard hobby. Not geekhack OCD hobby, but hobby nonetheless.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47067.msg1406250#msg1406250

I think I have some pbt doubleshots I got off massdrop on them right now. I should really put the penumbra SA caps back on it, it was really striking with those. Pun intended.

That's a cool board! I really like the case  :thumb:

People look at that and know that you don't mess around with your text entry, lol.