Author Topic: STEAM SUMMER SALE BOYS  (Read 10710 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
STEAM SUMMER SALE BOYS
« on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 08:35:04 »
Got that fateful email last night:

29 items from your Steam wishlist are on sale!

It is time one more to spend money on games you will never play. I have so far only bought Saints Row IV for Ł2.74. Europa Universalis IV is only Ł8.74 so i may get that too.

What is everyone else looking to pick up?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
Re: STEAM SUMMER SALE BOYS
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:41:05 »
Eyeing rise of tomb raider and doom pretty hard rn

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:49:11 »
Eyeing rise of tomb raider and doom pretty hard rn

easy choice for tp..

Tp's computer can neither run Tombraider nor d00m.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 12:49:54 »
Considering that I have almost a thousand games, and most of those unplayed, I'm trying not to get anymore.  Though I'll probably pick up a few tracks on rocksmith.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 13:40:06 »
I mostly get indie games nowadays.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Auk

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 13:57:37 »
29 items from your Steam wishlist are on sale!

174 here* 187 on today's email? although I'm sure I have a bunch of them already, unredeemed from Humble Bundles. Humble is pretty much all I buy now, Steam itself is just a moderately useful way to bookmark anything that might be of interest later.

*Edit: I'm not sure why there are apparently more on sale now, I thought deals were the same for the duration of Steam sales, ever since the 2hr refund policy was introduced.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 June 2017, 15:34:19 by Auk »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 14:02:01 »
Any thing for Euro Truck Simulator?  Best game ever.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 15:55:55 »
Sales used to offer 60-80% off and have flash sales. This 30% bull**** is very underwhelming. And they don't even bother w/ special events anymore because Valve knows people will spend money regardless. This is a disappointing sale at best.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 18:55:09 »
Sales used to offer 60-80% off and have flash sales. This 30% bull**** is very underwhelming. And they don't even bother w/ special events anymore because Valve knows people will spend money regardless. This is a disappointing sale at best.

It's not uniformly 30%.  And the reason they did away with the flash sales is because of the fact that it was setting the patterns of the sales, i.e. people would wait to see if they were going to come up on flash sales until the end of the sale, then if not, buy.  I don't like it, but I get it.  And it seems that they still have special events - they have the photo albums for this one.  They just don't drive the sale.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 18:57:06 »

Hey, I'm looking at 75% for some of the stuff I'm looking at, so I'm thrilled over here!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:00:35 »
^ Same. The very minimum for me is 50%.

Offline Auk

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:08:15 »
Got the full range here: a miserly 10% off some, all the way up to 90% on others.

Usual bull**** happened from some publishers, just prior to the sale Paradox increased their prices in some regions so that they can advertise discounts which are fake.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:46:41 »
My thought is to just buy one game I will play because by the time I finish this game, it will be Autumn sales again and the other games I am eyeing will be even cheaper. As such, I snagged GTA:V. That should last me till Autumn.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 19:54:49 »
I got Grim Dawn. Pretty fun so far. Going to pick up Far Harbor too I think.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 20:02:38 »
My thought is to just buy one game I will play because by the time I finish this game, it will be Autumn sales again and the other games I am eyeing will be even cheaper. As such, I snagged GTA:V. That should last me till Autumn.

That's the 1 game which runs best on Ryzen.. gotta haz ryzen for gtav.. hahahahahahahaha

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 20:05:53 »

That's the 1 game which runs best on Ryzen.. gotta haz ryzen for gtav.. hahahahahahahaha

I need to reinstall GTA

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 20:39:54 »
Got to give props to Rockstar - they have continually supported the multiplayer for GTA for a long ass time with updates every couple months... I do wish they didn't cancel that single-player DLC in lieu of a multiplayer only focus, but that's where the money's at.

Picked up Neir, Devil Daggers, and Abzu. Gonna wait for Prey to age a little more before buying.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 21:38:17 »

Same same.

Makes me glad knowing I don't have to worry about the sales at least. I can wait until fall or winter and it'll be exactly the same.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 22:01:49 »
So glad that they did away with the flash sales. It really makes sense for everyone.
Since steam actually grants refunds for games purchased prior to a sale, and within the 2 week window, it would make zero sense for them to continue to have daily sales and flash sales; that would be more effort for consumers and valve.
All the games are pretty much at the price they would otherwise be on a special sale. Before, it was simply moderate discounts with the real discounts being on the dailies and flashes.
These 30% sales aren't anything we haven't seen before either. That's just because it's either a AAA from developers who never like to budge on price anyway, or for recent releases that should never go on sale so early.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Delirious

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 22:35:38 »
Please send help

Offline Belfong

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 22:36:40 »
I also picked up a non-game software called Wallpaper Engine. This makes so much sense and it's fun to have animated wallpaper to brighten up the monitor.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 22:49:06 »
Please send help

Show Image

Spelunky is legit as ****, you made an excellent decision today.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 23:12:52 »
Huge fan of Spelunky here too! Well done.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 03:08:04 »
I agree, Spelunky is great, although I much prefer the pixel graphics of the original to the new version.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 04:47:41 »
I got Superhot, Hitman S1, Darius Burst, Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. Most of them were 75% off or so.

Really want to play Hitman but 70gig install is a bit too much for the dinky SSD on my laptop. I guess I'll play it occasionally on the PC at my parents house.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 08:32:49 »
+1 for spelunky! In case anyone wants to play it, the dev still has the pixel-version for free on the site:

http://www.spelunkyworld.com/original.html

Offline Belfong

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 19:15:30 »
+1 for spelunky! In case anyone wants to play it, the dev still has the pixel-version for free on the site:

Wow, I didn't know it started as a pixel version. OMG! I must try it out!

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 19:42:30 »

Wow, I didn't know it started as a pixel version. OMG! I must try it out!

Many hours during lecture were spent on this game  ;)

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 20:11:27 »
Bought the Counter Strike 1 Anthology (CS, CS Condition Zero, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, and Ricochet) for $4.30 AUD :D
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 20:56:09 »
Bought the Counter Strike 1 Anthology (CS, CS Condition Zero, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, and Ricochet) for $4.30 AUD :D

Oh **** an aussie! I heard games are expensive as **** out there :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:03:49 »

but they haz the roos..

Offline TTheuns

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:19:17 »
96 out of 122 items are on sale. I'll end up buying 7/96 items and one item outside of the wishlist. Every penny saved off of not getting the other 89 items are going to keyboard stuff. (I definitely need it)

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 22:19:54 »

Yeah, new games are pretty damn expensive but old/used games can be had cheap in the right places :P Bought COD MW2, Black Ops, Dead Rising 2, Diablo 3, Plants vs Zombies and a book for $3 AUD a week ago :D
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:24:10 »

Yeah, new games are pretty damn expensive but old/used games can be had cheap in the right places :P Bought COD MW2, Black Ops, Dead Rising 2, Diablo 3, Plants vs Zombies and a book for $3 AUD a week ago :D
I've always wondered.
Don't you guys have key sites you can purchase keys from?
I never buy a game at full price anymore, I'm too cheap for that nowadays.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:30:36 »

Downloaded it, unlocked the first shortcut again already xD .

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 04:58:21 »
I got Crypt of the Necrodancer for about Ł2.75 last night, then went back to playing Resi 7. Might grab Firewatch and Oxenfree but prolly just wait for them to come round in a Humble Bundle.

The Silent Age is 69p and totally worth it if you like some point and click. In fact I'm not even really into point and click and I loved it on mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 05:07:17 »

I've always wondered.
Don't you guys have key sites you can purchase keys from?
I never buy a game at full price anymore, I'm too cheap for that nowadays.

I used to buy through G2A but after hearing about how most of the codes are sourced (scamming people, impersonating youtubers etc) I just buy straight through Steam if it's digital, or eBay if it's physical. I don't play many games, so it's not much of a problem.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 06:09:03 »

I wish. I almost bought all the good DLC last month because I went on a bit of a tricky truck binge. Glad I didn't.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 08:06:38 »
I also picked up a non-game software called Wallpaper Engine. This makes so much sense and it's fun to have animated wallpaper to brighten up the monitor.

Wallpaper engine is awesome!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 10:43:54 »

I used to buy through G2A but after hearing about how most of the codes are sourced (scamming people, impersonating youtubers etc) I just buy straight through Steam if it's digital, or eBay if it's physical. I don't play many games, so it's not much of a problem.

I bought from G2A twice,  both times,  the keys didn't work..  I got my money back after A MONTH on each.

The price is low enough such that I'd still consider buying from them,   But this is very much the Street level heroin dealer..

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 17:06:35 »

I wish. I almost bought all the good DLC last month because I went on a bit of a tricky truck binge. Glad I didn't.

I was debating buying some DLCs before the sale, and this recent sale basically sealed the deal for me.   Plenty of great sales for ETS2.  I bought all the map expansions, cargo expansions, and a couple other items for only $25.  I'm sure that I'm binge on some paint jobs later in the week.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 17:28:31 »

I bought from G2A twice,  both times,  the keys didn't work..  I got my money back after A MONTH on each.

The price is low enough such that I'd still consider buying from them,   But this is very much the Street level heroin dealer..

Interesting, I've bought a bunch of keys from there and Kinguin and never had problems with either. YMMV, I guess.

And while there are definitely times where the keys on these sites are sourced illegitimately, I feel like the accusation is likely overblown. If you compare Steam prices across different countries you will find that keys can often be bought for dirt cheap in some Eastern European, South American or Asian countries. The prices on these sites typically reflect that lowest cost +10% or so.

It seems to me like a few high profile cases where the keys were sourced through a scam of some kind have served to try to ruin the whole thing.

I was debating buying some DLCs before the sale, and this recent sale basically sealed the deal for me.   Plenty of great sales for ETS2.  I bought all the map expansions, cargo expansions, and a couple other items for only $25.  I'm sure that I'm binge on some paint jobs later in the week.

I freaking love ETS. It's baffling, honestly, because at face value it seems like such an strange concept for a game. But I tried the original at a friends house awhile back and was hooked. Such an oddly enjoyable experience.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2017, 17:30:09 by nugglets »

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 18:35:45 »

Interesting, I've bought a bunch of keys from there and Kinguin and never had problems with either. YMMV, I guess.

And while there are definitely times where the keys on these sites are sourced illegitimately, I feel like the accusation is likely overblown. If you compare Steam prices across different countries you will find that keys can often be bought for dirt cheap in some Eastern European, South American or Asian countries. The prices on these sites typically reflect that lowest cost +10% or so.

It seems to me like a few high profile cases where the keys were sourced through a scam of some kind have served to try to ruin the whole thing.

I see. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 19:34:22 »
Just tried out Nier..

sigh.... don't have the patience for this..  the younger Tp4 would've really enjoyed it..

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 20:09:46 »

I freaking love ETS. It's baffling, honestly, because at face value it seems like such an strange concept for a game. But I tried the original at a friends house awhile back and was hooked. Such an oddly enjoyable experience.

The appeal of ETS2 is one of the great mysteries of the 21st century.  You're telling me that I'm going to enjoy deliver cargo trailers while obeying traffic laws?  What the hell is this nonsense?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 20:30:21 »

The appeal of ETS2 is one of the great mysteries of the 21st century.  You're telling me that I'm going to enjoy deliver cargo trailers while obeying traffic laws?  What the hell is this nonsense?

It's due to specialization in modern occupations.

In our massive population, everyone only needs to do 1 thing well, their thing, possibly their job..

But anyone doing that 1 thing long enough will become disenchanted..

And so it becomes necessary from a sanity standpoint to  ESCAPE via these simulators..

So a Person might enjoy driving a truck.   Then he does it for 10 years,  now he isn't so enamored with trucking.

Now, a Farmer enjoys farming. Then he cleans up after farm animals for 10 years,  Not so fun anymore.

The Farmer  buys Trucking simulator

The Trucker buys Farming simulator

They both escape their stale mental ceiling..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:06:42 »
It's the middle of winter down here, but I'll roll with a summer sale.

Where can I buy more time to play the games I already have?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:18:45 »
Really want Darius Burst CS but the price still seems kind of steep, anyone play it?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:19:04 »
It's the middle of winter down here, but I'll roll with a summer sale.

Where can I buy more time to play the games I already have?

Hahahahaha

As we move forward as a species.

We need to be more realistic about our economic organization

1...  There's no such thing as Ownership

___  Anything larger in mass than you are USES YOU, not the other way around..

___  Do you own your own company of 1000 people, NO, the company OWNS YOU... 

___  Are you the King of the Palace,  No, the Palace is its own King, you're a janitor feeding and rebuilding the palace.

2...  Collecting power and control is more poisonous to personal health than whatever material benefit it brings.

___  Let computers handle the macro decisions..  Humans are animals which eat sleep frolic, tighten a bolt here n there.

3...  Life span is ALWAYS spent,  it can not be accrued at the personal level, stop killing yourself and others over something that can not be possessed.

___  You're making yourself sick. STOP..