Author Topic: Lubrication Syringe vs. Tube?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline FloFoer94

Lubrication Syringe vs. Tube?
« on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 06:48:28 »
So i was looking at candykeys new offer for lubrication stuff (Here: https://www.candykeys.com/product-category/lubrication/)
Just wondering since i'm a noob at this: What is the advantage of lube in a syringe vs. a tube? What is more recommended?
I want to lube the stabilizers on my Magicforce 68, since i heard this is somewhat (partially) possible without desoldering the board.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 06:57:57 by FloFoer94 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Lubrication Syringe vs. Tube?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 16:59:14 »
I have had a tube of this for a few years and am finally at the bottom of it, I need to order a new one.

Great product and spectacularly easy to use.

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc&pid=mechlube
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 17:28:30 »
I just use a toothpick. I squeeze some onto the tip of a toothpick and apply where I want.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 19:49:05 »
You are using very minute amounts so the syringe is superior in my opinion.  The syringe allows more precise application, but what is better is to squeeze a small amount into a clean container and apply with toothpick.  Either way the syringe is probably better.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline cmc

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 19:55:11 »
For switches/guides, I've used a small paintbrush, which lets you apply a very thin layer of lube consistently.  But I used the syringe directly for the stabs.