Author Topic: US Dollar and its relation to keyboards  (Read 3233 times)

Offline fkeidjn

US Dollar and its relation to keyboards
« on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 00:52:32 »
Well, why is the US Dollar declining?  If it keeps declining, I won't be able to buy the two Japanese keyboards that is highly sought after outside of Japan - HHKB2 Pro and Topre Realforce.  That's my logic.  Care to expand anybody?
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 01:19:15 »
We're in a long and meaningless grudge war which is being masterminded by an unpopular puppet-president. 'Nuff said?

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 11:39:02 »
Do realize that the dollar falling means that various companies are moving production to the US, both for US and export markets. (Car companies are big ones - IIRC, 100% of BMW and Mercedes-Benz SUV production is in the US, now, for all markets.) Even the domestics are moving car production out of Canada, because it's now cheaper to build cars here, even with all the UAW costs and such. (Which, IIRC, are lower than the CAW costs.)

I suspect this is only temporary, especially if we can actually get a president with a sound economic policy in office.

Besides, just think of it this way... now, it's cheaper for those in Europe and Asia to buy Unicomp keyboards. ;)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 13:39:37 »
The Filco went up $6 since I ordered it not very long ago. And the HHKB Pros are now hanging around the $280 price point before shipping. I'm not going to buy any more foreign keyboards until the US is done going under.

Offline karlito

• http://altitudegame.com
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 20:25:55 »
better vote for Obama then

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 20:26:07 »
Quote from: xsphat;3384
The Filco went up $6 since I ordered it not very long ago. And the HHKB Pros are now hanging around the $280 price point before shipping. I'm not going to buy any more foreign keyboards until the US is done going under.

Agreed....
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101