Author Topic: [IC] GMK Norse | GB March 2-30 / Final Kits and Pricing!  (Read 177057 times)

Offline Sabin

Re: [IC] GMK Norse, RUNE ALPHAS!
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 13:42:44 »

This kit with the sublegends is beautiful, I really hope it gets made, it's not too crowded at all, the sizing for the text is perfect!

Offline Skok

Re: [IC] GMK Norse, RUNE ALPHAS!
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 14:07:40 »
Show Image

This kit with the sublegends is beautiful, I really hope it gets made, it's not too crowded at all, the sizing for the text is perfect!

Thank you! I've been working super hard on it. Check back between Monday and Wednesday, I'll try to have much the IC updated by then. Trying to get done some more done today before I head into work.

Offline VagueOrigin

Re: [IC] GMK Norse - RUNE ALPHAS!
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 14:29:42 »
Patiently waiting for the GB to start  :'(
Working on it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The mono legends are tough! Fits the theme perfectly imo. Im in! So in, i actually bought a board just to display this set

Offline Skok

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 14:36:00 »
Patiently waiting for the GB to start  :'(
Working on it!

The mono legends are tough! Fits the theme perfectly imo. Im in! So in, i actually bought a board just to display this set

I love the mono legends too. Way more than the subs IMO but I gotta put up both for now because they're equally requested. Maybe some new renders will help people decide on one or the other.

Offline uncleakamai

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 15:12:45 »
I'm starting to appreciate the legends more and more. Will likely also pick up the Latin Alphas for variety. Quick question though - any chance we'll get CMD, Option keys for mac? This is the set I'm most looking forward to this year. Thanks for putting so much effort into it. 

Offline ImIrish

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 15:25:58 »
Runic Sub legends look really good as well as mono. They fit the set and make it actually feel like an old norse keycap set unlike mono latin.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 16:17:46 »
Please consider using OG icon mods :thumb:

Offline Skok

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 18:12:18 »
Please consider using OG icon mods :thumb:
OG icon mods? Can you link a pic?

Offline Jacki

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 19:27:09 »
I love the rune alphas.
Now...Release it!

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline Skok

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 19:35:50 »
I love the rune alphas.
Now...Release it!
We're getting there. Things are looking really good at the moment.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 00:39:37 »
Ya know.. just plain icon mods. Not janglad/dixie centered icon mods
249630-0

Offline Skok

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 00:45:36 »
(Attachment Link)
Lmao. Its literally just human error. The base kit I downloaded from GTRX didn't have certain icons in certain places so I replaced them myself.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:57:00 »
If base kit does become mono legend (which I hope) please consider full icon mods. I think the latin mod text would clash with the runes.

Offline Skok

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 12:50:16 »
If base kit does become mono legend (which I hope) please consider full icon mods. I think the latin mod text would clash with the runes.
I'll consider it but I've never been a fan of the full icon mods. I'll look into it

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 15:44:05 »
(Attachment Link)
Lmao. Its literally just human error. The base kit I downloaded from GTRX didn't have certain icons in certain places so I replaced them myself.

Sweet! I know designers are choosing either or so I'm glad you are using og ones. I would recommend getting the ones you plan using on final renders. Looking forward to the set! The colors are looking great :thumb:

Offline leifsi

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 21:22:06 »
Personally I would change all the numbers to futhark, leave non futhark alphas blank and use icon only modifiers.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 21:40:42 »
Personally I would change all the numbers to futhark, leave non futhark alphas blank and use icon only modifiers.
Oh you tryna be a VIKING huh, that sounds hard

Offline Skok

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 21:49:25 »
A bit too extreme for me to be honest. Ill look into to icon only mods but I'm not leaving blank caps

Offline Stanley.Bishop

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 03:43:50 »
Runes-only alphas please. This set gets better and better with each iteration :cool:

Offline Solotov

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 10:13:42 »
That rune mono alpha's render is on fire. Can't wait!
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Techichi

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 10:52:40 »
Agreed on the rune only alphas. They are the one!

Offline jontseg

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 11:10:40 »
Hey I love the idea you are going for with the novelties, but have a slight issue with the hammer. To me, it doesn't seem extremely obvious that the hammer is supposed to be a hammer.

I really like the little twisty line engraving on the side of the axe blade,

I think it makes the axe stand out as very "Viking", but I think the hammer isn't quite hitting the same note. A suggestion could be to make some little sparks of electricity emanate from the hammer, letting us know "hey this this Thor's hammer". This could definately make the cap cluttered so the exact implementation of how to make it more "Viking" could be anything. I am 100% in on this keyset due to the Rune sublegends/alphas though  :D

Offline Skok

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 11:19:13 »
Hey I love the idea you are going for with the novelties, but have a slight issue with the hammer. To me, it doesn't seem extremely obvious that the hammer is supposed to be a hammer.
Show Image

Show Image

I think it makes the axe stand out as very "Viking", but I think the hammer isn't quite hitting the same note. A suggestion could be to make some little sparks of electricity emanate from the hammer, letting us know "hey this this Thor's hammer". This could definately make the cap cluttered so the exact implementation of how to make it more "Viking" could be anything. I am 100% in on this keyset due to the Rune sublegends/alphas though  :D

hmmm might be a good idea. I'll look into it

Offline Nudd

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 11:29:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

hmmm might be a good idea. I'll look into it

The hammer is spot on....... The axe is not a viking axe.

Offline atnentec

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 13:21:16 »
New to the keeb world and this one might be my first (or at least one of the first, my poor wallet...) group buy :D.

Wanted to ask one thing though. I really like the colorway, but unfortunately I seem to be in the minority that is not keen on the runic alphas (either variant). I see the plan is to still have latin alphas sold as a separate kit. Is it the case that if not enough people order the latin alpha kit, they won't be made? If yes, is there some way for me to ensure that I either get the base kit + latin alphas or nothing? For example, wait until its confirmed that the latin alphas *are* going to get made before committing my money to the group buy? Is there going to be such a confirmation before the GB is over?

Offline Retne

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 13:35:41 »
I like the colors and love the rune alphas.  I just wish there was an extra B in the base kit.

Offline Skok

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 13:39:50 »
New to the keeb world and this one might be my first (or at least one of the first, my poor wallet...) group buy :D.

Wanted to ask one thing though. I really like the colorway, but unfortunately I seem to be in the minority that is not keen on the runic alphas (either variant). I see the plan is to still have latin alphas sold as a separate kit. Is it the case that if not enough people order the latin alpha kit, they won't be made? If yes, is there some way for me to ensure that I either get the base kit + latin alphas or nothing? For example, wait until its confirmed that the latin alphas *are* going to get made before committing my money to the group buy? Is there going to be such a confirmation before the GB is over?

Typically the vendors will supply the designer with the numbers of sales for each kit throughout the GB stage and then the interest check usually gets updated with a graph. You could theoretically wait until the kits you want hit MoQ if you don't want the rune alphas. The base kit will most likely hit MoQ with enough interest but the Latin alphas may not because most people seem to be interested in the Runes. Once the GB starts I would just check this page as I will update it with the numbers as other designers have done.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 13:55:45 »

You may know this already, but just in case... If you buy the Latin alphas and they miss MOQ and will not be made, you will get a full refund for that kit. It also shouldn't be a problem for any of the vendors to just cancel your whole order at that point, if desired.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline FireLock

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 14:13:55 »
Lovely, possible to have runic equivalents for NorDe set? Kind of locked in for homogeneity with NorDe. Would love to have it all runic !

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline Skok

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 14:42:21 »
Lovely, possible to have runic equivalents for NorDe set? Kind of locked in for homogeneity with NorDe. Would love to have it all runic !

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

This was one of my concerns. I don't think it would be possible. MoQ is already going to be quite high because of the new molds and NorDe kits are already quite difficult to sell in the first place. Now that I think about it, it may just make sense to cut some of the keys with latin legends from the norde kit but still keep Æ, Ä, Ø, Ö, Å. That might be stupid but I'm just throwing ideas out there. Let me know if that makes sense.

Offline fooddoof

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 17:26:05 »
Love the rune alphas! Looking forward to this set!

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 18:39:23 »
I am very interested in the rune sub-legend alphas, along with the numpad kit. Depending on when this gets released (and how much money I have to spare at that time), I would even consider springing for the novelties, as well.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline frozenthai

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 20:49:58 »
This is such a nice kit! And I just opened my wallet for minimal 2. Seems I may have to hurt it just a bit more  :)
Prefer the mono and think that's what makes sets like this more complete theme-wise.
I also agree the normal Norde legends sadly clash a bit.

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 21:04:01 »
I may have missed it, but when is this expected to go to market if the IC gets enough interest?

Offline Skok

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 21:25:10 »
I may have missed it, but when is this expected to go to market if the IC gets enough interest?

There's not a set date yet the but earliest would be January-February according to my vendors.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 22:25:48 »

There's not a set date yet the but earliest would be January-February according to my vendors.
This saddens me, but makes me happy all at the same time lol

Offline nbesa

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 00:14:54 »
I really like the Rune sub legends, looking pretty good! The full runes look a bit confusing and I am not as big as a fan, but can understand why people like them.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 02:06:53 »
As a Dane, this makes me go V E R Y   Y E S. I'm all for the rune alphas instead of the just sub-legends. Also, speaking of AC:V, the voice actor is a Dane called Magnus. Just like me! I need me that game, I just replayed AC: Rogue, Black Flag, Origins, Syndicate and Unity, and after finding out who the voice actor was, I don't think I've been this excited since GTA V.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 05:35:03 »
I really like the Rune sub legends, looking pretty good! The full runes look a bit confusing and I am not as big as a fan, but can understand why people like them.
You have your opinion of course, but I never understood the confusion myself. Do a lot of ppl not touch type? Actually nvm... I guess touch typing isn't a requirement in this hobby.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 06:55:22 »
Do a lot of ppl not touch type? Actually nvm... I guess touch typing isn't a requirement in this hobby.
[/quote]

You'd be surprised. But for anyone who cannot touch type: consider the Runic alphas an invitation to learn. You'll be glad for it.

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 10:52:33 »
Both sets look great! Looking forward to either outcome :)

Offline nbesa

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:35:22 »
You have your opinion of course, but I never understood the confusion myself. Do a lot of ppl not touch type? Actually nvm... I guess touch typing isn't a requirement in this hobby.

I can touch type, albeit I am a slow typer, but personally I don't like sets where the base alphas are not intelligible on their own. If it's another kit, I'm all for it for the people that really like it. I lovee the runes as sub legends and I think they look better, but as I said in my other post, it's just my opinion.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:36:26 »

I can touch type, albeit I am a slow typer, but personally I don't like sets where the base alphas are not intelligible on their own. If it's another kit, I'm all for it for the people that really like it. I lovee the runes as sub legends and I think they look better, but as I said in my other post, it's just my opinion.
Oh of course, agreed

Offline wynects

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:36:36 »
IC filled. Take my cash please! ;D sexy classy

Offline Skok

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:43:48 »
IC filled. Take my cash please! ;D sexy classy

Haha, thanks for filling out the form it really helps!

Offline Techlet

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 14:35:47 »

That's good for you but some people just prefer the aesthetic of sublegends over mono.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 08:31:56 »

Be constructive and keep your comments related to the set characteristics. Criticizing others is out of topic, in the thread, and the site.

Offline NotFai

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 16:13:00 »
I am a huge fan of sublegends and do prefer them to the mono legends, but if mono legends end up winning, I'd probably still buy it. This set looks amazing, great job!

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 17:33:16 »

Be constructive and keep your comments related to the set characteristics. Criticizing others is out of topic, in the thread, and the site.

Where did I critique anyone? I said he has his opinion and how I type is not a requirement. It wasn't sarcasm. Not seeing where I shot anyone down. Simply said I didn't understand why the mono was confusing to some. Which is ABOUT the mono legend set offered. And then even said I agreed fully with his opinion. Throughly confused... days ago might I add..

Offline ansgarH

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 18:41:11 »
will this be available in Eu as well?