Author Topic: hi  (Read 2439 times)

Offline bw

hi
« on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 14:03:04 »

Long time lurking, also hopefully learning.  I got the keyboard itch a while back and sprayed it with some HHKB powder, but it comes back every time I look at the pictures of the cool stuff people make here.  Having just missed some of the awesome things like the Phantom, it's time to make an account.

I don't have any cool keyboard pix, but here's a picture of my desk.

Macbook Pro Keyboard with custom cat hair damping

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 14:10:43 »
Welcome to geekhack!!!

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Sick PC setup
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 14:17:42 »
Wow.

Why?

Welcome!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:00:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

How many monitors is that?  Guess you have to check all parts of the Matrix at the same time.

A Quake 1 fan?  :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:02:10 »
Boo, I can't see the pictures... Welcome.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:18:59 »
Ignore the first picture, the second is of his desk with like about 17 monitors on it :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:29:31 »
Ignore the first picture, the second is of his desk with like about 17 monitors on it :eek:

Pffft. It's only 16 and a laptop. ;D

Looking for CC's!

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:35:48 »
dude, seriously... how many p0rn videos can you actually pay attention to at the same time?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:41:53 »
And Big Brother top middle watching over you ;)

Offline bw

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 15:51:06 »
Thanks for the welcomes.

Why?

Well, it started out as 3 monitors, then 6 and so on until now it's just out of control.  I'm sure some people here can sympathize.

Welcome to Geekhack!

How many monitors is that?  Guess you have to check all parts of the Matrix at the same time.

A Quake 1 fan?  :)

Yeah, 17 right now.  There's more off to the side, but they aren't connected to the same machine.

Quake 1 is definitely one of my favorites, but really I like the gritty wallpaper.  Dark wallpaper is also a must, otherwise the amount of light is blinding.
Macbook Pro Keyboard with custom cat hair damping

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:09:56 »
Any particular reason why?  Do you play flight simulators (which I have seen before with lots of monitors)?

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 00:03:32 »
Welcome, o_O more pics.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 06:52:57 »
Welcome to GH....I have a feeling you will fit in just fine here!

Reasoning:
1) Humorous use of pics
2) Love of indulgence (how many monitors is that....clearly you need at least one keyboard per monitor)
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 19:50:04 »
Holy desk. Welcome to Geekhack
I love Elzy