Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P(canceled)  (Read 53627 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:58:02 »
GMK Red Alert is a set that I would definitely pay a premium for. So beautiful.

If you are willing to pay a premium then why not just buy the one from Photeq? Is that not a Red Alert set?
GMK Red Alert is a set that I would definitely pay a premium for. So beautiful.

Because the real Red Alert set has red modifiers and not beige modifiers with red legends ;)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:59:21 »
Ahh. LOL silly me. Not a small difference.  :))

Offline jonathanyu

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:01:44 »
This group buy is probably going to be canceled.  Right now, the interest actually is low, not even close to the MOQ.  There are also many GMK group buy in this year.  GMK Olivetti is also available from China, so this set is most likely impossible to meet the MOQ.  Also GMK does not offer the color that close to the original, and I don't think custom color is a option for this set.. so..  I am really sorry.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:44:42 by jonathanyu »

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 18:33:39 »
Unfortunate.  I was hoping we'd have a more affordable option than the other Olivetti.  We still have the classic beige coming up at least. 
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68141.0

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:14:55 »
according to billnye's GMK mockup archive, there are ICs in China right now for GMK Raindrop and Red Alert with colored modifiers

Show Image

Show Image

I think those images are from kbdlab originally. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_groupbuy_build&document_srl=478959 It seems to be a random IC from a long time ago.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:22:42 »
you're most likely correct, but i do recall reading a post about someone 'ripping off' these SP colorways and running GMK ICs for them on Chinese sites. maybe someone who's active in the Chinese community can fill us in
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:24:55 by whentheclouds »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:30:12 »
you're most likely correct, but i do recall reading a post about someone 'ripping off' these SP colorways and running GMK ICs for them on Chinese sites. maybe someone who's active in the Chinese community can fill us in

Irisviel posted those images on EC and I guess that's the post you referred to. That's the closest thing I can think of and I'm pretty active in Chinese community.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:32:06 »

Irisviel posted those images on EC and I guess that's the post you referred to. That's the closest thing I can think of and I'm pretty active in Chinese community.
Was it the red on black set that got produced?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:36:52 »
you mean the comment about the 'ripoff'? it was a casual/offhanded remark made here. when i saw these renders in billnye's mockup archive and the subtitle 'Chinese IC' i just kinda added 2 and 2 together. thanks for clearing it up

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:40:48 »

None of these get produced. There are not many GMK group buys I can think of that are only for Chinese community. The only one (and a very recent one) is a reproduction of purple mod. And, of course, there is CMYW in China but I'm sure no one on GH cares. Most of the other GBs (LED cap, cyan set, etc) have already been proxied by feng.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:42:54 »

None of these get produced. There are not many GMK group buys I can think of that are only for Chinese community. The only one (and a very recent one) is a reproduction of purple mod. And, of course, there is CMYW in China but I'm sure no one on GH cares. Most of the other GBs (LED cap, cyan set, etc) have already been proxied by feng.

Somehow they managed to do a white on black GMK set that flew totally under GH's radar. Really disappointed I missed out on that one, it had everything included. I'll try and find a photo, someone asked for a price check a while back.

EDIT: Found it!

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:48:24 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:49:17 »
Somehow they managed to do a white on black GMK set that flew totally under GH's radar. Really disappointed I missed out on that one, it had some awesome keys included. I'll try and find a photo, someone asked for a price check a while back.

That one was actually a Korean GB together with Korean Dolch GB, and Irisviel proxied them on EC. That set is overpriced at ~$180 considering how easily you can find NIB WoB set on eBay.

EDIT: That picture doesn't look like the set from that GB since the LED capslock and scrolllock are missing.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:57:52 »
Somehow they managed to do a white on black GMK set that flew totally under GH's radar. Really disappointed I missed out on that one, it had some awesome keys included. I'll try and find a photo, someone asked for a price check a while back.

That one was actually a Korean GB together with Korean Dolch GB, and Irisviel proxied them on EC. That set is overpriced at ~$180 considering how easily you can find NIB WoB set on eBay.

EDIT: That picture doesn't look like the set from that GB since the LED capslock and scrolllock are missing.

$180 - wow, guess I'll stick with using an RGB set for the bottom row mods until Ivan does a more reasonably priced set.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:38:24 »

Correct. GMK WoB set includes 104 ANSI keys, extra 11 keys, and 3 LED windowed keys.
Its original price is about $130 USD at current exchange rate. Somewhat pricey? Correct.
After GB, some people cast a doubt on its price, and then finally it came out into the open that GB starter took no small unveiled profit personally.
Since that, his reputation got to be worse and he seems not to continue making another GMK GB because of falling his credit.

$180? Well... not a little profit(or premium)
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:46:19 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:59:55 »
Shame that this has died. Thank you Jonathanyu for all your effort towards this.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P(canceled)
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 22:38:18 »
Damn it. Olivetti gone out. We can't touch it  :-\
Anyway, thanks for your effect, Jonathanyu.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 06:05:14 »

Correct. GMK WoB set includes 104 ANSI keys, extra 11 keys, and 3 LED windowed keys.
Its original price is about $130 USD at current exchange rate. Somewhat pricey? Correct.
After GB, some people cast a doubt on its price, and then finally it came out into the open that GB starter took no small unveiled profit personally.
Since that, his reputation got to be worse and he seems not to continue making another GMK GB because of falling his credit.

Ryan, that is pretty interesting info. Do you know if the GB on EC also came with LED windowed caps/scroll/numlocks? I thought that was only from the Korean GB.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 11:06:56 »

Ryan, that is pretty interesting info. Do you know if the GB on EC also came with LED windowed caps/scroll/numlocks? I thought that was only from the Korean GB.

Correct. I explained what caps were included in GMK Dolch set from the former Korean GB.
As far as I know, Dolch-style LED windowed caps/scroll/numlocks were included in GMK Dolch set from this Korean GB and Originative only as below.

Korean GB mockup
92327-0

Originative mockup
92329-1

BTW, Unfortunately I've no idea about any GB on EC such caps are included currently.
Even later, if I may find any GB, I'll let you know it.

PS) You mean you are looking for 3 windowed caps in just Dolch color? Or any other color scheme?
If the latter, you know, now you can find several GBs here include such caps. For example, Feng's GMK Cyan set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 March 2015, 11:25:07 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:04:03 »

Can you let me know what the Chinese forum is? I have a Chinese address and can read chinese.
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:26:51 »
http://www.enjoyclick.org/

I think this is it.  I can't read Chinese. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 16:00:53 »

Irisviel proxied Korean Dolch/WoB GB on EC, so whatever is included in Korean GB is also included in EC GB.