Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivetti - R.I.P(canceled)  (Read 53627 times)

Offline jonathanyu

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:56:38 »
added aome pictue for comparison
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:03:33 by jonathanyu »

Offline TBone

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 13:33:46 »
I think if do a repro, should do full repro with the original all caps legends, all white function row, and etc.
As far as A profile, well there is minimal extra needed for that. You would need an extra 3 arrows and numpad 0 numpad enter. 1.5 mods only in A and that would be a must if using the all caps CTRL since it is only available in A.
Proper colors would be N5/CP N5/U9.
Have an extra color pack for the N5/U9 4 F keys, ~` and \| then maybe some other select keys in CP/V4 like wasd, cursors, or whatever.

^^^ This!  :D I think if we're not doing an entirely original set, let's actually do a replica (minus the A row unless that's an add-on pack).

Color pack: N5/U9 4 F row, ~`, \|, and windows 7/8 keys. CP/V4 Esc and Enter. Also maybe N5/U9 or CP/V4 CODE or some unique double shot keys, similar to Ivan's JOKER key with Dolch. Also maybe include F and J keys with nubs here (will keep cost down on base). Also V4 space bars?  :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 14:02:54 by TBone »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 13:37:55 »
After seeing the comparison pics I strongly prefer the Original PBT color combination over Sherry's GMK set.

Please change my vote if you can :)

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 16:12:16 »
Does winkey mean it will include 1.25 modifiers?
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline Vintage

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:04:37 »
Very cool. Interested!
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline TBone

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:09:59 »
The mods will depend on the interest.  Winkey would probably be win 98 logo.

Will this be pad printed or double-shot? And what color(s)?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:28:43 »
I think if do a repro, should do full repro with the original all caps legends, all white function row, and etc.
As far as A profile, well there is minimal extra needed for that. You would need an extra 3 arrows and numpad 0 numpad enter. 1.5 mods only in A and that would be a must if using the all caps CTRL since it is only available in A.
Have an extra color pack for the N5/U9 4 F keys, ~` and \| then maybe some other select keys in CP/V4 like wasd, cursors, or whatever.

Is that really the original Cherry Olivetti DS colour codes?

I'm looking at this picture, and it looks closer to 2B/V4 & 2M/V4
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:03:45 »
Thank you Ivan  :)
Actually most people voted for original color and yes for A profile, but I will wait till this weekend or the next weekend to see the interest of it. 
Adding A profile would be additional 19 keys(7 1.25x, 4 1.5x, 1 2x, 1 enter 6 1x for winkey, arrows, and .(del) )  Do you know how much would that increase the price?
From what I see from difference pictures, I think the color for the modifiers keys are closer to 2B or CC.  But I don't have the original one, so I can't get a good comparison.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:10:00 »
Actually most people voted for original color and yes for A profile, but I will wait till this weekend or the next weekend to see the interest of it. 
Adding A profile would be additional 19 keys(7 1.25x, 4 1.5x, 1 2x, 1 enter 6 1x for winkey, arrows, and .(del) )  Do you know how much would that increase the price?
From what I see from difference pictures, I think the color for the modifiers keys are closer to 2B or CC.  But I don't have the original one, so I can't get a good comparison.

I was also on the fence with 2B or CC for modifiers, but from the pictures I saw, I think it's 2B. Still hard to tell without having the real thing on hand.

Here's the picture I took of the following keys. Attempted at making the colours as accurate as possible, so the pad printed letters look funny. V4 Blue's hard to capture correctly, since lighting can have a really big difference on the appearance.

Blah, I can't make up my mind. Hard to tell which keys are which, especially when the alphas seem to yellow overtime. Tsangan's pic makes it look like 3K+V4 and a mix of CC/2B :s
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:14:46 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:10:41 »

Is that really the original Cherry Olivetti DS colour codes?

I'm looking at this picture, and it looks closer to 2B/V4 & 2M/V4
Show Image

This looks like V4/CC or 2B, and V4/CP or 3K or 2M or L9.... Can't really tell which one.

But in this picture, it looks like N5/U9 or 2B and N5/2M or L9

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:13:01 »
The mods will depend on the interest.  Winkey would probably be win 98 logo.

Will this be pad printed or double-shot? And what color(s)?
Win 98 logo will be pad printed.  Color will be blue(color of legend) on beige/grey(color of modifiers)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:14:22 »
Does winkey mean it will include 1.25 modifiers?
Winkey includes 1.25x modifiers, and Winkeyless includes 1.5x modifiers

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 20:22:40 »

I was also on the fence with 2B or CC for modifiers, but from the pictures I saw, I think it's 2B. Still hard to tell without having the real thing on hand.

Here's the picture I took of the following keys. Attempted at making the colours as accurate as possible, so the pad printed letters look funny. V4 Blue's hard to capture correctly, since lighting can have a really big difference on the appearance.
Show Image

Blah, I can't make up my mind. Hard to tell which keys are which, especially when the alphas seem to yellow overtime. Tsangan's pic makes it look like 3K+V4 and a mix of CC/2B :s

Thanks for the color comparison!  :)  Will you able to take picture of N5 next to 2B and 2M too?

(Picture belongs to Tsangan)

The bottom of the keycaps should be no yellow or shine.  I think the alpha would be L9/2M, and the legend would be N5.  I am not sure about the modifiers color, but it doesn't look like U9 to me.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:57:40 »
If you make set like how I did Dolch, the A profile stuff would only be maybe a few EUR more since you only 'need' 1 set of 1.5 mods... then you need the 6 (or 8 if you want 1x extras for winkeys) bottom row in A for the cursors and numpad. Only 1, 1.5 and 2 are available in A so anything else is a non issue.

It's defineatly not CC since that is Dolch alphas color. 2B is a colder shade... I suppose you could go either way colder or warmer U9. 2M is definitely too cold, Olivetti doulbeshots alphas are much warmer 'white'. None of GMK stock colors are probably perfect, they don't have as large of palette as Cherry used to offer. So it's down to picking the best choice of what is available.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 01:03:05 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 10:45:35 »
Yes, I'd love this. (And a Beige/two-tone set ;))

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 01:29:09 »
Just deducing from what Ivan said, I'm wondering if space bars only have one profile, and it's all the other keys that have the choice between A and B?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 02:08:47 »
If you make set like how I did Dolch, the A profile stuff would only be maybe a few EUR more since you only 'need' 1 set of 1.5 mods... then you need the 6 (or 8 if you want 1x extras for winkeys) bottom row in A for the cursors and numpad. Only 1, 1.5 and 2 are available in A so anything else is a non issue.

It's defineatly not CC since that is Dolch alphas color. 2B is a colder shade... I suppose you could go either way colder or warmer U9. 2M is definitely too cold, Olivetti doulbeshots alphas are much warmer 'white'. None of GMK stock colors are probably perfect, they don't have as large of palette as Cherry used to offer. So it's down to picking the best choice of what is available.
From the picture GMK just sent me, I think U9 is the closest color to the original one.  L9 looks like the "warmest white" GMK offer, but not as "warm" as the original.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 02:14:32 »
Just deducing from what Ivan said, I'm wondering if space bars only have one profile, and it's all the other keys that have the choice between A and B?
As far as I know, space bars have only one profile.  Only bottom row will have A or B profile.  FYI, A profile bottom is the profile of OG Cherry dyesub, old Cherry doubleshot, BSP pbt.  B profile is the profile of most modern keyboard.

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 18:28:01 »
The interest for this set is much lower than I expected :(

Offline jonathanyu

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti, please fill out the Interest Form (waiting for color ring)
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 22:57:28 »
:( yeah, it is much lower than I expected too, there are less than 100 people filled out the interest from  :'(

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 23:07:37 »
:( yeah, it is much lower than I expected too, there are less than 100 people filled out the interest from  :'(

ouch  :'(
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline feizor

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 03:59:06 »
Guess it's not happening?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 04:13:46 »
that was kind of normal with a GMK group buy, it takes months to meet the MoQ..
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline phearboner

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:26:14 »
What's the moq usually I'm so interested in this set :(

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:28:41 »
What's the moq usually I'm so interested in this set :(
I think around 250
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:43:16 »

I don't think 100 people filling out the form is too bad.

People are lazy and might skip this part, others don't even check the IC forum.

I think you should just start the GB and see what happens. Go with Ivans example for a fullsize kit and add the "`~" and "\|" keys in both colors so people can chose between classic and symmetrical look.

The only real question is whether to go with icon only mods or the icon + text mods (I prefer the latter)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:47:58 »
Would it be a problem though that Feng is also running a GMK buy right now? The white and cyan one? That could be a possible reason why people are holding off on the olivetti. Feng is also running the buy in China so his MOQ here is only 50 as well.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 10:27:40 »
filled out form.............

windowed keys would be nice
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:45:07 »
I'll also be launching a new one in the next couple week. Maybe we need to all start working together and make some kind of release schedule so there isn't too many happening in the same period.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:46:02 »
Maybe we need to all start working together and make some kind of release schedule so there isn't too many happening in the same period.

:thumb:

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:32:33 »
quick recap: when Feng's GB ends this month, Ivan's reverse beige and CtrlAlt's GMK Hyperfuse will start. then we have the currently ongoing Olivetti and Klaxon ICs, along with the unannounced set from CtrlAlt. not to mention the manly unicorn IC, or the guy who posted two Olivetti designs here last week (what happened to him anyway?)

as cool as the possibility of choices are, i think at one point overlap will occur for sure

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:43:12 »
Sure some overlap is OK from time to time. I'm mostly just meaning so there isn't 5 sets launching at once so none of them make MOQ. There are only so many members which have bank accounts big enough for that kind of madness. Having each one start a month or two apart would probably be best for most people.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 14:12:20 »
I'll also be launching a new one in the next couple week. Maybe we need to all start working together and make some kind of release schedule so there isn't too many happening in the same period.
That would be wonderful.

Offline phearboner

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 14:34:26 »
I agree with Ivan. I'm interested in fengs, Ivan's and your GB!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:35:45 »
Sure some overlap is OK from time to time. I'm mostly just meaning so there isn't 5 sets launching at once so none of them make MOQ. There are only so many members which have bank accounts big enough for that kind of madness. Having each one start a month or two apart would probably be best for most people.
I agree, I think one month between every group buy would be good.  GMK said they will ship the color ring to me in few weeks, so I think I will probably start the group buy in end of December or January depend on other groupbuy's time

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 11:33:26 »
I agree with Ivan too. And reverse beige is happening? I'm super excited! I can finally get a new BoW complete set and put my used G80-1838HPU away. Well, if we meet MOQ, of course.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 12:46:16 »
So I really want a GMK set that can fit a HHKB layout.. Would that be possible? Most importantly the 1.5 delete and the 1.75 control.

Offline Motan22

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 03:08:18 »
So I really want a GMK set that can fit a HHKB layout.. Would that be possible? Most importantly the 1.5 delete and the 1.75 control.

Ivan's Dolch set includes a 1.5 delete and 1.75 control in the colour pack, providing you don't mind the splash of cyan and backspace symbol used.

I would most certainly like to see more GMK sets include these two keys though. I think the additional interest and help in meeting the MOQ from including these would probably outweigh the cost of two extra keys. Especially at a time were a lot of people are receiving their Duck Viper in the post.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 03:27:58 »
Can I ask why you are set on pushing this to a GB stage when you haven't even got 100 people interested? Having so many GMK GB's all happening around the same time is going to hurt all of the GB's, it fragments the buyers and then none of them meet MOQ.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 11:36:14 »

Ivan's Dolch set includes a 1.5 delete and 1.75 control in the colour pack, providing you don't mind the splash of cyan and backspace symbol used.

I would most certainly like to see more GMK sets include these two keys though. I think the additional interest and help in meeting the MOQ from including these would probably outweigh the cost of two extra keys. Especially at a time were a lot of people are receiving their Duck Viper in the post.

Only if I could get a set! I would buy one in a heart beat!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:12:01 »
Well, at least I now know where my Xmas bonus is going: GMK!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:33:29 »
quick recap: when Feng's GB ends this month, Ivan's reverse beige and CtrlAlt's GMK Hyperfuse will start. then we have the currently ongoing Olivetti and Klaxon ICs, along with the unannounced set from CtrlAlt. not to mention the manly unicorn IC, or the guy who posted two Olivetti designs here last week (what happened to him anyway?)

as cool as the possibility of choices are, i think at one point overlap will occur for sure

I really doubt the Manly Unicorn would make it anyway
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Motan22

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:47:59 »

Don't quote me on this, but I would imagine that Ctrl Alt's GMK Hyperfuse will likely have the required keys for HHKB layout so that is one for you to look out for.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:58:54 »

Don't quote me on this, but I would imagine that Ctrl Alt's GMK Hyperfuse will likely have the required keys for HHKB layout so that is one for you to look out for.
Already planning on getting that either way haha. But yeah I'm sure ctrl alt with come through to cover any layout. It just will cost a bit more.

But I want this set too I'm just hoping I can get the required keys for that hhkb layout. Either way I'll be down for this gb.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 17:11:30 »
did jonathan clarify whether this will be Raindrop or Olivetti? i like both but Raindrop seems to have a better chance of making MOQ imo

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 18:24:03 »
If this would be a set as complete as Ivan's Dolch I'd be in for at least 2 sets

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 18:53:10 »
did jonathan clarify whether this will be Raindrop or Olivetti? i like both but Raindrop seems to have a better chance of making MOQ imo

+1

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 17:13:35 »

+1
Olivetti

Can I ask why you are set on pushing this to a GB stage when you haven't even got 100 people interested? Having so many GMK GB's all happening around the same time is going to hurt all of the GB's, it fragments the buyers and then none of them meet MOQ.

Right now there are a little above 100 people filled out the interested form, and just like what LechnerDE said, I think many people don't fill in the interest form and don't check the interest checks forum often.  And for the time of the groupbuy of this set, it will all depend on other GMK group buy, so the overlap of this group buy and other  GMK group buy will be as little as possible, so it will have less affect to other group buy.

This two keys would probably in the color pack. I want to keep the base set as simple as possible.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 October 2014, 17:19:18 by jonathanyu »

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 17:36:51 »
Honestly, I think the optimal way to keep everyone interested is to stick to the original layout (i.e. text modifiers, white f5-f8, etc).

I personally prefer unconventional layouts, but I believe that people like me would buy the set even if the layout is traditional, whereas perfectionists may stray away from Olivetti if it does not look like "original Olivetti".

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 18:16:43 »

+1
Olivetti

Right now there are a little above 100 people filled out the interested form, and just like what LechnerDE said, I think many people don't fill in the interest form and don't check the interest checks forum often.  And for the time of the groupbuy of this set, it will all depend on other GMK group buy, so the overlap of this group buy and other  GMK group buy will be as little as possible, so it will have less affect to other group buy.

This two keys would probably in the color pack. I want to keep the base set as simple as possible.
That's no problem! As long as those keys are in a set offered by this group buy I'm in.