Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 280185 times)

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 21:00:23 »
Nice keyboard

Is this Naevy blue or black? Asking as I thought the black one has red strip around it.

All constellation stock kits come with brass accents, regardless of colour. The one i have is a black unit :)

Thanks! Does that mean red accent won't come in as stock and will be offered later as extra? I think I saw the black kit with red accent in TaeKeyboard's video and that looks sick.

Accents will be instock as well, avail in red, dark gray and black.

Pricing will be announced soon, we are almost finished with sending out all the FNF units.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 21:06:12 »
Nice
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
Re: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 03:30:10 »
Not sure why this thread was moved to artisan services.

Update: FNF Units and EA slots are 95.495837% done, packed, just waiting for shipment to pickup. There's gonna be an annoucement on keyboard treehouse, as well as the discord, regarding pricing and how to get it. We'll be launching with another favourite keyboard of mine on the keyboard treehouse, which I'm excited to share more information later on. There's going to be around 40 constellations for public waves. If you don't want to miss out on the latest news, make sure you join the discord at keyboardtreehouse.com/discord - we're friendly!

We're still expecting another shipment of keyboards (they're ready to go) - which means that the next wave will be again QC'd but this time ALL units will be for the public. This means there will be an additional 100 constellations for the public.

We still have a bunch of addons, like accents and thick plates in stock. We've made another order of PCBS, and I'm putting a new one in for new plates. I'm planning to run:

1.5mm ALU plate
1.5mm POM plate
4.5mm Brass plate extras
4.5mm Poly plate extras

Also looking into FR4 plates if there's demand.

I've really enjoyed our FNF feedback with this board - I think it will definitely stay in your collection instead of being resold. We'll try everything we possibly can to keep this board in front of people's desks, and not being flipped. This board definitely deserves to be built and used. You'll be seeing more streamers making this board.

Don't feel bad if you miss out on constellation this run. We'll fast follow with another huge order, and keep on making more as long as you all love it. Just like our EXT65 ecosystem, we've keep supporting it with new PCB designs, opensourcing cases, and allowing new makers make stuff. We'll keep supporting constellation and adding even more addons, new accent colours, plate materials, gasket materials, and so on.

Thanks for the support!

Offline MABC01

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 03:51:36 »
-- You'll be seeing more streamers making this board---
Nice! we CANT buy it, BUT they get it for FREE!
Always thinking about the costumers:(

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 08:47:00 »

Just because they have it, doesn't mean they got it for free. They just got first bids to be able to buy it

Offline DeepKeys

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 08:57:12 »
Hi there!

First of all, very nice keyboard! I am new to the mechanical keyboard scene and was wondering if there is a way to get notified when this becomes available. Amazing job on the keyboard!  :thumb:

EDIT: nevermind. Discord Server is the answer
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:00:23 by DeepKeys »

Offline cong314159

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:37:12 »

Just because they have it, doesn't mean they got it for free. They just got first bids to be able to buy it

Cmon, be realistic, they are not paying for it.

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:46:18 »
Don't feel bad if you miss out on constellation this run. We'll fast follow with another huge order, and keep on making more as long as you all love it.

THIS is how you do it. Wish this were true for all keyboard makers so anyone who actually wants one gets one.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 20:07:33 »

Gasp/apiary was part of fnf and she paid for hers like all our fnf. ZT boards was a trade between AEboards as I like to keep each keyboard we have collaborated with. Qw3 will be lent one of my personal boards, mostly for creating dope content for him. Other fnf people have sent theirs to other streamers directly, like lightning and bueno.

No boards were given free, I don’t operate on that model because I’m prepaying out of pocket to get these made. Please don’t assume how we operate or do things, and I’m usually transparent on how we do things.

Offline oziii

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 20:55:46 »

Gasp/apiary was part of fnf and she paid for hers like all our fnf. ZT boards was a trade between AEboards as I like to keep each keyboard we have collaborated with. Qw3 will be lent one of my personal boards, mostly for creating dope content for him. Other fnf people have sent theirs to other streamers directly, like lightning and bueno.

No boards were given free, I don’t operate on that model because I’m prepaying out of pocket to get these made. Please don’t assume how we operate or do things, and I’m usually transparent on how we do things.

Love the transparency on this. As someone who is often sent stuff to review I'm amazed how many people assume you get to keep it for free. While it does occasionally happen the vast majority of stuff I've been sent to review has to be sent back or passed on to the next reviewer.

Offline KeebRealtor

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 01:32:55 »

^^^
All Truth here, I got lucky in one of the Vickery Auction, was able to secure one, (priced higher than the regular drop) and sent my board in to get commissioned build by Bueno.

What Aeryxz is stating is true. He doesn't give discounts, hook ups, freebies. Don't assume things, if anything, just ask for clarification.

Much love,
KR

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 01:51:47 »
Prices are available on the discord

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 18:40:06 »
This board is stunning!

Offline aadk5

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 19:38:31 »
This board is stunning!

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, you didn't have to flex on us like that lol. Great looking build! Really want a navy with red accents for mine

Offline ligongduck

« Reply #414 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 11:40:08 »
I really pray to get this board. This looks amazing!

Offline cwestwood

« Reply #415 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:02:24 »
Damn i was so exited for this board but the pricetag... 500 was already pushing it but 600 is too much imo.
I understand how unique this board is but the keycult lvl pricing is just killing me.
All the best to you guys, the keyboard looks amazing.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #416 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:19:50 »
Damn i was so exited for this board but the pricetag... 500 was already pushing it but 600 is too much imo.
I understand how unique this board is but the keycult lvl pricing is just killing me.
Is that 600usd or aud?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline aadk5

« Reply #417 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 11:18:04 »
Is that 600usd or aud?

It's USD. Keep in mind that this is an in stock item. You buy it, and they will ship it to you as soon as possible. They had to front all the costs initially, which will always mean a slightly higher price

Offline etong415

« Reply #418 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 12:30:07 »
Is that 600usd or aud?

It's USD. Keep in mind that this is an in stock item. You buy it, and they will ship it to you as soon as possible. They had to front all the costs initially, which will always mean a slightly higher price
Also blame the FNF that tried to flip their boards lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dak148

« Reply #419 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 14:14:04 »
Board looks amazing but for 600 I'm out. If the PCB was hotswap I would be more tempted so I could try all the different mounting styles with different switches. It would be an amazing tester board with all the mounting styles and plates. Truly endgame.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 16:17:54 »
Board looks amazing but for 600 I'm out. If the PCB was hotswap I would be more tempted so I could try all the different mounting styles with different switches. It would be an amazing tester board with all the mounting styles and plates. Truly endgame.
Just use mill max sockets.

Offline aadk5

« Reply #421 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 17:07:49 »

Not sure if I read their posts on discord correctly, but I don't think the flipped price raised the retail price did it? I think they finally released what the retail price was to avoid people from flipping it with astronomical figures since there wasn't a set price on it yet. I may be completely wrong though, so let me know otherwise

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #422 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 02:28:39 »

Not sure if I read their posts on discord correctly, but I don't think the flipped price raised the retail price did it? I think they finally released what the retail price was to avoid people from flipping it with astronomical figures since there wasn't a set price on it yet. I may be completely wrong though, so let me know otherwise

This makes sense. I was also thinking that the flipper basically revealed at least the high end of the pricing spectrum, so from aeryxz's perspective, why keep the truth from people, who may see that flip price and think it's way way more expensive than actually is.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 07:30:47 »
Yeah. The flipper didn't change the sales price at all. He just wanted to announce it. If anything's affected sales prices across the board these days it's the general state of the world. Heh.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 07:48:02 »

No, It was already decided on price after being invoiced shipping and taxes.
I was just annoyed at the FNF unit being flipped. I like my boards to go to people who want to keep them, not just get flipped over and over like other maker's boards. We design for people, not wallets.

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 08:36:22 »
What a refreshing stance. Much appreciated!

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 13:38:33 »

BOOP.

Offline break

« Reply #427 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 09:13:30 »

I would expect what folks think of as "Keycult-level pricing" to move upward in the coming months. My understanding is that the pandemic has increased manufacturing and shipping costs across the board.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #428 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 10:05:38 »
Also gotta factor in that this is an in-stock. All KC boards have been group buys so far. There's an increase in price associated with in stock and lask of investment risk. The big advantage is getting your board now, and not 6-9 months from now.

Offline nsyinc

« Reply #429 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:09:09 »
Also gotta factor in that this is an in-stock. All KC boards have been group buys so far. There's an increase in price associated with in stock and lask of investment risk. The big advantage is getting your board now, and not 6-9 months from now.

That's a bit of stretch to rationalize that in-stock should charge/cost more. There's a difference between in-stock and extras. In stock items does not cost a vendor any more money to manufacture. you can argue that they may need additional storage space but these in stock boards aren't made in huge quantities and sitting somewhere for months. so if you say that in stock should cost more, then what are you paying that extra $$$ for? interest on the money vendor fronted? time on the consumer side? how is a vendor to determine how much each person's time cost?

the notion that in stock should cost more is just a rationalization that doesn't make sense (to me). see for example, KDB in stock vs pre-order gb and in stock switches.

OTOH, vendors can monetize on extras because of the fear of scarcity or the fear that they will never be made again. but that's a completely different issue than in stock.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #430 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:21:13 »

That's a bit of stretch to rationalize that in-stock should charge/cost more. There's a difference between in-stock and extras. In stock items does not cost a vendor any more money to manufacture. you can argue that they may need additional storage space but these in stock boards aren't made in huge quantities and sitting somewhere for months. so if you say that in stock should cost more, then what are you paying that extra $$$ for? interest on the money vendor fronted? time on the consumer side? how is a vendor to determine how much each person's time cost?

the notion that in stock should cost more is just a rationalization that doesn't make sense (to me). see for example, KDB in stock vs pre-order gb and in stock switches.

OTOH, vendors can monetize on extras because of the fear of scarcity or the fear that they will never be made again. but that's a completely different issue than in stock.

You're overlooking a major issue here, which is the risk factor for the vendor. as someone that's trying to run boards in-stock, the capital upfront, not including stuff like storage space, packaging, etc, is huge. And comparatively, the custom keyboard hobby is still relative young and small, which therefore brings with it and additional risk factor. What if your board doesn't sell? What if people don't like it? What if by the time my 500pcs of keyboard kits complete manufacturing, the whole market is convoluted with more supply of keyboards than demand? These are all inherent risks that selling in-stock carries, compared to a GB. In a GB, buyers pay before a large sunk cost has to be paid by the vendor. Therefore, the risk is on the buyers for the vendor to deliver. On the flip side, selling in-stock reverses this issue. The added cost can be attributed to the uncertainty I suppose, and the risk that a vendor carries by selling in-stock is significantly higher than a buyer joining a GB. It's tens of thousands of dollars on the line compared to a couple hundred for a buyer.

Additionally, high end custom keyboards are not cheap to manufacture and the profit margins simply aren't that high. You can't just say it doesn't cost the vendor any more money to manufacture when a board is sold in-stock. It's not incorrect, but there are a lot more indirect costs than say a GB would bring, and they aren't all monetary.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:21:05 »
Best of luck to anyone trying for one tonight.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #432 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 20:31:32 »

Oh sweet summer child.

Yeah let me compare a full time vendor based in china vs. a group of hobbyist doing this in their spare time. Like I've been saying, don't like the price, vote with your wallet, feel free to not buy it.

Offline aadk5

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 20:41:25 »

In-stock items should definitely cost more if you're looking at it purely from a money point of view. The vendors will have to pay up front for all these boards; money that they could've been used for other investments or even to put in any accounts that will yield them money back. Even putting them in the market will give them some sort of return back. Charging you group buy pricing after they've paid for all the boards up front months before they can sell it publicly is not good business practice and the businesses would run out of business pretty quickly if they did that. That's a pretty simple idea and not even a "rationalization" as you call it

Offline nsyinc

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 17:41:05 »
Oh sweet summer child.

Yeah let me compare a full time vendor based in china vs. a group of hobbyist doing this in their spare time. Like I've been saying, don't like the price, vote with your wallet, feel free to not buy it.

don't need to get defensive and don't misconstrue my comment as applying directly to your board.

saw zee's comment and got me thinking that way of thinking is incorrect, IMO. it's also a bad seed to plant within the community.

i can understand what prizes and aadk is thinking. but to me, in stock vs gb is purely a choice of business model. to say one business model should be able to charge a premium doesn't make sense.

sorry if this is a bit off topic. still this is more of a theoretical discussion and not a discussion directly on your pricing or your board. your board. your price. just be comfortable with ppl discussion on everything. feel free to not read comments and discussions.

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 17:48:47 »
Oh sweet summer child.

don't need to get defensive and don't misconstrue my comment as applying directly to your board.

saw zee's comment and got me thinking that way of thinking is incorrect, IMO. it's also a bad seed to plant within the community.

i can understand what prizes and aadk is thinking. but to me, in stock vs gb is purely a choice of business model. to say one business model should be able to charge a premium doesn't make sense.

sorry if this is a bit off topic. still this is more of a theoretical discussion and not a discussion directly on your pricing or your board. your board. your price. just be comfortable with ppl discussion on everything. feel free to not read comments and discussions.

If this isn't a discussion directed at this board, then maybe don't have it in a thread about this board?

If your choice of "business model" is putting up a quarter million dollars(or any amount really)  of your own money, then I think you are obligated to charge "a premium."
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2020, 17:53:54 by paperassgasket »

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 17:52:23 »
Oh sweet summer child.

i dont understand why some runners feel like they need to use sarcasm against people's questions or comments.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #437 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:57:33 »
Oh sweet summer child.

i dont understand why some runners feel like they need to use sarcasm against people's questions or comments.
They're probably getting fed up of people continuing to remark on the price. I have to agree that it's quite expensive, but not crazy. I don't know any other group in the hobby that have produced 100s of high end boards with their own money to be sold as in-stock (I've only been in the hobby a few years though, so may not know). That is reason enough I think to charge what they are.

Offline etong415

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 23:08:40 »
Oh sweet summer child.

There’s a ton more risk for the involved in an in-stock “business model” over a GB model. The seller has to purchase (everything related to materials, manufacturing, shipping and yields/QC) PRIOR to any outside capital being injected into the project.

It IS a difference in business model, like you said, but that choice carries its own risks, depending on which you choose. While AEBoards had successful releases in the past, they’re no RAMA (no offense intended, aeryxz), who have quite a wide-spreading brand. In this case, there’s no guarantee the seller would be able to sell all their boards and make their money back, hence the justification for a higher price to mitigate that risk.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 08:15:29 »
Yeah... I don't get how you can just discount risk in pricing. No other business and industry on earth does this. I mean Kickstarter is literally built around the principle of the customer assuming risk for lower pricing. You have to remember that sellers pay out of pocket, in advance, for in-stock items.

Let's pretend risk isn't even considered at all, that's still capital that could have been used to purchase stock for immediate sale of other items. As a business that's potential profits lost during that wait time, capital that could have been invested elsewhere for a return. It's only fair that they get some greater return for investment. Without it there's really no incentive for in stock.

Personally I'm in favor of saving a little extra for an upcoming sale to accept zero risk and get the product immediately. I totally understand people who like saving a couple bucks and are willing to wait six months. I occasionally join these to support a designer. But there's no way they're equivalent in final sale value.

I mean you'd have to be a real fanboy if Apple came to you and we're like "you can pay us $1000 now and we'll use it to make your phone which we'll deliver 12 months from now, or you can just pay $1000 then", and you were like "sure, here yah go!". Heh

The reality, it is a GB discount. Not an in-stock markup.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2020, 09:45:37 by Zeelobby »

Offline break

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 01:49:09 »

Preach, man. Surprised to hear a keyboard hobbyist downplay the benefit paying 10-15% more money for a keyboard kit, then receiving it days later instead of months later. There are so many failed and postponed GBs we can compare to.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #441 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 03:23:14 »

Preach, man. Surprised to hear a keyboard hobbyist downplay the benefit paying 10-15% more money for a keyboard kit, then receiving it days later instead of months later. There are so many failed and postponed GBs we can compare to.
*cough cough* g60 *cough cough*

Offline zepled112

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 11:56:42 »

*cough cough* g60 *cough cough*

*cough cough* Lumina *cough cough*

Offline idealape

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 07:51:33 »
I really appreciate the layout on this.
65% really isn't very handy for me when working in a terminal without home, end and pgup/pgdown keys.

Offline CalvinW

« Reply #444 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 16:58:38 »
Wow! That's nice, real niceee

Offline lofikey

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 12:29:12 »
nice

Offline udller

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 08:00:53 »
i hope i can get the chance to get one of these on the next batch. 65% is the best layout. and better again when its no blockers :)

strayan designers is always better too. support your local .

Offline JoeyWerkz

« Reply #447 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 11:16:48 »
This looks perfect for me! Will there be a hot-swap PCB option?!

Offline thanatic

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 04:42:35 »
Still like this board and hope to get in on one to keep.

Offline eczactly

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 20:46:17 »
This looks perfect for me! Will there be a hot-swap PCB option?!

I don't believe there will be, but you can MilMax it. 7305 friendly.