Author Topic: Hello ppl's :D  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
Hello ppl's :D
« on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:39:49 »
Hello All,

How are you all doing? Just took up an interest in mechanicals from looking at some of your awesome boards! I'm a software developer so I guess the extra speed would increase productivity  :))

I haven't had a mechanical before, so I have ordered a white Keycool 87 with Blue MX's from qtan, and a tonne of custom keys from the USA to get me started. Can't wait for them all to arrive  ;D

Looking forward to being part of this awesome community you have here!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello ppl's :D
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:35:39 »
Hey Luke, welcome to Geekhack and please let us know how you like that Keycool 87 from qtan (if you have time, you can even do a short review and post it in here).  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:39:25 »
Hey Luke, welcome to Geekhack and please let us know how you like that Keycool 87 from qtan (if you have time, you can even do a short review and post it in here).  :)

Thank you :D and I might just do that! Won't have anything to compare it to but I could give it a go  ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 17:16:50 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There is a keycap maker in the UK too - might save you some postage now that the price has doubled.

http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 17:28:24 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There is a keycap maker in the UK too - might save you some postage now that the price has doubled.

http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk/
Thank you and yes I've seen them before, might buy some keys from there in the future :D