Author Topic: Hi from Philadelphia!  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Hi from Philadelphia!
« on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:44:04 »
Hello Geekhack!  Just thought officially introduce myself here, In the short time I have been viewing this forum I have learned so much about mechanical keyboards and its accessories.  I'm relatively new to using Mechanical keyboards but it has been pure bliss ever since I made the transition.  I have only tried MX Blues so far, I absolutely love them for typing(can't get enough of that click), and they suit my needs for the light gaming I do when I'm not in school.  I'm really intrigued by the Torpe RF keyboards, but my budget currently won't really allow me to get one, maybe in a year or two.  I do however plan on purchasing the WASD v2 in March.  I'm currently using a QFR, which to be honest was a little difficult to adjust to after using full sized keyboards for so long, but once I got the hang of it, I found it a real pleasure to type on.  I have been able to recommend certain keyboards to friends of mine based on what type of experience they are looking for in my short time here, so thanks for being such a wonderful resource.  I look forward to getting to know some of you guys on the forums!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hi from Philadelphia!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:01:59 »
Nice to officially make your acquaintance. I've been looking at Topre for as long as I've been here, and I still don't own one...

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:04:16 »
Welcome to the board!  Nice to see some fellow members from the NE, I'm in the greater DC area of Virginia myself.

I use a TKL board (Noppoo Choc Mini) at work and a full-size keyboard for gaming (backwards, I know...), and I don't usually have any difficulty transitioning between them.  I've only tried Cherry MX greens and browns so far, both are very tactile and not too loud.  I hear you about the Topre, I do see a lot of fans here, but I'm actually thinking of trying one of the buckling spring keyboards, like the Unicomp/IBM keyboards.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:22:22 »
Welcome to the board :). Blue switches are my favorite too. I think Topre is overrated, but that's just my humble opinion :)).
Please enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to leave your wallet with our group buy organizers ;).

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:11:58 »
Happy to meet another PA GHer
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:15:39 »
Welcome to GH!

Kmiller8 might be doing Topre Keychains so you might be able to try topre switches out without shelling out $300. Think about how many GBs you can get into if you have an extra $300!  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 14:55:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

TKL rocks! :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ