Author Topic: [IC] Aristotle Switches  (Read 7373 times)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
[IC] Aristotle Switches
« on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 01:50:14 »
Hello Geekhack!!

First of all, I would like to apologize for my "newbie" account here. Normally I am a Redditor and have only recently merged over to Geekhack (wonderful community here. Seriously) and so I have a really low count of posts and rep on here.
If that will be a problem then please feel free to let me know!!   
- - -
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy for Aristotle switches.
The thought came across while I was planning on ordering some for myself. Since Aristotle switches aren't the most easiest to come across (at least...not modded/stock) I figured I would offer them up!!

If you are interested in the switches, please fill out this google form [HERE](https://goo.gl/forms/7JkXz3Nmn4OLkf412)   

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will get to them as soon as I can!!
- - -   
**IMPORTANT:**   
I don't plan on profiting from this at all, I just wanted to order a few hundred of these switches and I just figured I would try my best to make it available to you guys!!   
Also please bear with me as I do this the best I can. It is my very first ever IC/GB so mistakes are bound to happen. However I plan to be prepared for most potential errors that could occur!

I will also be ordering extra switches (if this goes into a GB) to replace any broken/missing switches that could occur in any of your orders.   
While replacing missing/broken switches, if I happen to run out of extra switches, then I plan to use some of my own few hundred switches that I will be ordering, to fix the orders up the best I can!
- - -   
You guys can order just 1 switch or you guys can order 1,000 switches. it is totally up to you all! :)

This interest check is purely to gauge the total number of switches that people would be interested in.   
There will be no minimum order quantity for now as I did not get word on that *yet*.
- - -   
= All pricing are in USD =

**Pricing:**       
$0.38 cents per switch - price will go down to $0.33 per switch once MOQ is hit. (Exact number for MOQ still is discussion) 

**Shipping:**   
USA - $5   
Canada - $7   
International - ~$15 *(I will get a more accurate number for this ASAP!)*

So total costs will be the following:   
*$0.38 x <#of switches> + PP fees + Shipping = Total* 
- - -     
**Estimated Timeline:**     

* Interest Check:   
IC will run for a week to gauge interest on here as well as /r/mechanicalkeyboards     
* Ordering:   
If there is enough interest, then a GB will be opened and will run for 2 weeks here on /r/mm and /r/mechanicalkeyboards   
* Production:   
Will take a roughly estimated 1 week for them to get everything done.
* Delivery to my address:   
7-15 days
* Delivery to your address:   
USA should be around 7-10 business days, Canada & International around 7-14 business days. *(Depends on location)*

- - -
EDIT LOG:

1. I totally forgot to mention that they will be new-old-stock, because as you guys know, Aristotles dont make these anymore. Sorry for my huge muck-up in forgetting to mention that!! D:
2. Confirmed that it will be plate mounted only!
3. Individual Switch Prices has been confirmed - I tried my best, sorry guys! $0.38 cents per switch. Once it hits MOQ it will drop to $0.33 cents per switch.
4. MOQ still not confirmed. Still discussing. Will update with MOQ number as soon as I can!
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2017, 04:04:09 by Komatoz »
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline oatmicro

Re: [IC] Aristotle Switches
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 06:21:26 »
submitted for 50-100  ;D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 11:23:38 »
Ooh! I'm in need of some extras to fill out the Tris.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 12:55:28 »
In for 50-100  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 13:00:46 »
Btw where are you shipping from? Just to get a grasp of how much shipping will cost.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:00:39 »
Have you contacted Aristotle about putting them back into production?

Offline dante

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:06:32 »
If only evangs sold JSpacers for Aristotles... :( :( :(

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:20:29 »

You'd use JSpacers with Aristotle stems in their stock housing?

Offline dante

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:21:59 »

Aristotles are not compatible with the existing JSpacers.  But to answer your question I would put them in Zealio housings.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:27:15 »

Aristotles are not compatible with the existing JSpacers.  But to answer your question I would put them in Zealio housings.
I was about to say, I sure hope you don't use stock Aristotle housings.

I forgot that Aristotle had a different click mechanism than Blues or Greens. Could see why JSpacers wouldn't work.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:51:21 »

Actually no, I do not believe they will produce these again.

I cant recall if I remembered to update this thread (I still struggle to use Geekhack) but these are NOS so they are not brand new!

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:52:14 »
Btw where are you shipping from? Just to get a grasp of how much shipping will cost.

I will be shipping from USA, Hawaii so hopefully that gives some idea as to why shipping has been a bit high D:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:32:41 »

I will be shipping from USA, Hawaii so hopefully that gives some idea as to why shipping has been a bit high D:

Shipping to cali shouldn't be to bad then. :P

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 19:47:15 »
Hey guys, just thought people might be interested in some that are new and for sale on Aliexpress? They are reportedly indistinguishable. I have some on the way that I ordered about a week or so ago, people can give me a shout if they are interested in more photos/comparison?  There was a thread about it a few months ago on Reddit...

link to Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SA-Made-mechanical-keyboard-reset-switch-button-switch-without-lock-button-fretting-PB-014-200pcs/32473272011.html

link to thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4wt00k/buyingaristotle_switches_brand_new_from_china/

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:12:08 »
Hey guys, just thought people might be interested in some that are new and for sale on Aliexpress? They are reportedly indistinguishable. I have some on the way that I ordered about a week or so ago, people can give me a shout if they are interested in more photos/comparison?  There was a thread about it a few months ago on Reddit...

link to Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SA-Made-mechanical-keyboard-reset-switch-button-switch-without-lock-button-fretting-PB-014-200pcs/32473272011.html

link to thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4wt00k/buyingaristotle_switches_brand_new_from_china/

Oohh thats cool!! But my vendor is NOT Alibaba so..idk why you post this on my IC thread?

._.

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:15:54 »
Oh, because they are essentially the same thing, just thought people that were interested in this would also be interested in them =]. Or you yourself might be interested, would save you a lot of trouble.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:17:35 »
Oh, because they are essentially the same thing, just thought people that were interested in this would also be interested in them =]. Or you yourself might be interested, would save you a lot of trouble.

Oohh haha, sorry! Misunderstood x_x

Yeah but thats super cool, so is it like aristotles but not NOS and copies of it? So its brand new?
Hmmm

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:26:48 »
No worries man. Yeh, I'm not sure if they are new or in fact NOS as well. One of the people in the reddit thread had this to say:

'Just received mine, I was waiting delivery to confirm if they are in fact Aristotles. Well, if they arent original aristotles, they are pretty damn close because everything from stem to housing seems to be exactly the same.'

Also looking at the feedback on aliexpress one of the comments there says:

'Switches were new MX compatible clicky switches. Specifically they were the sought after aristotle switch.'

So that would seem to suggest they are NOS but I haven't got my hands on them yet, so I can't personally confirm =S. I havent got any definite NOS to compare them too when they arrive unfortunately either. Happy to send some pics or whatever if people want though =]. I guess even if they are new copies they would be pretty nice to have or at least give a try.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 10:40:50 »
Any updates :D?

Offline ntw

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 11:03:24 »

Actually no, I do not believe they will produce these again.

I cant recall if I remembered to update this thread (I still struggle to use Geekhack) but these are NOS so they are not brand new!

here these are in production and selling for 0.80yuan per piece - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14817213878 and they are Aristotles

and in case someone doesn't know what are Aristotles, here's a typing video

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 11:06:25 by ntw »
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:58:57 »
Any updates :D?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 17:56:15 »

here these are in production and selling for 0.80yuan per piece - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14817213878 and they are Aristotles

That's actually the listing I got mine from when I did my Gatistotle run on Reddit. A total of 2k switches came out to about $.19 a switch after shipping and proxy fees.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:03:11 »
Hey guys, sorry for no update on these here on Geekhack!!

I still find Geekhack difficult to navigate and I dont know when I get replies x__x

Anyways, I decided to run the GB on Reddit first to see how it goes and also because I was absolutely terrified that I will **** up if I combined Reddit with Geekhack orders.

I will be running the Geekhack GB for the switches in mid/late March so be on the lookout for it!!

(Also, since it would be my second time with my vendor, they said they will lower prices a little)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:50:07 »
Oh awesome :D

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 21:43:52 »

I still find Geekhack difficult to navigate and I dont know when I get replies x__x

Anyways, I decided to run the GB on Reddit first to see how it goes and also because I was absolutely terrified that I will **** up if I combined Reddit with Geekhack orders.

I will be running the Geekhack GB for the switches in mid/late March so be on the lookout for it!!

(Also, since it would be my second time with my vendor, they said they will lower prices a little)

You can click notify at the top of the thread to get email notifications every time someone posts in this thread
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 21:55:03 »

You can click notify at the top of the thread to get email notifications every time someone posts in this thread

Oh shoot, I must have missed that.

Where on the geekhack UI do I see the notifs? or is it only to email notifs?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:10:12 »
Also you can just watch your thread, and under watched it'll light up bold if someone comments. I just check my watched periodically to stay up to date with all my threads.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:15:58 »
Also you can just watch your thread, and under watched it'll light up bold if someone comments. I just check my watched periodically to stay up to date with all my threads.

Ohh okay, I will definitely do that haha.

Thank you!!

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:45:12 »
first time I heard of these switches. As a fan of clicky switches, I'm interested.

are they good for use "as is" (no modding) ?

after google-ing a bit, it seems people use them for modding, but the only mod I can do is... replacing springs  :blank:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:48:18 »
first time I heard of these switches. As a fan of clicky switches, I'm interested.

after google-ing a bit, it seems people use them for modding, but the only mod I can do is... replacing springs  :blank:
So apparently the housing is really bad so you would put the Aristotle stem in a gateron housing or whatever housing you would like for a real big bumpy Tactile switch

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:50:48 »

So apparently the housing is really bad so you would put the Aristotle stem in a gateron housing or whatever housing you would like for a real big bumpy Tactile switch

ah, thanks, I will give them a try (when the time come,  :)) )

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 23:33:09 »

ah, thanks, I will give them a try (when the time come,  :)) )

If you are a fan of clicky switches I highly recommend swapping out the housing and springs for Gateron Yellows.

It is known to produce an extra defined click known as the "double click"

But the other user is correct. The housing is TERRIBLE, because it is new old stock and very very old causing it to be very brittle.